Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-28-2010, 07:41 AM   #61
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Michelle, I am super impressed that you already have your first update up! Can't believe that man was heating up his leftover Red Lobster -- ewww! First of all, who wants to eat that for breakfast and second of all, did he not think the other guests might not appreciate it!

Woo hoo for your room being ready so quickly. I always like unloading everything before heading to a park! Was this your first time staying at Riverside?

Can't believe how crazy busy it was at the MK! A long wait for IASW says it all! Your firework pictures turned out very pretty!

Shocker, I can't believe you don't like Dinosaur! We all love it at our house!
Old 03-28-2010, 08:19 AM   #62
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

Hey Michelle! Sorry I'm a bit late to the party.

Looks like beautiful weather so far. And great pictures of Wishes!

**NEW TR** S.O.C.K. and Stitch Return to the World with a Dog
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-28-2010, 10:16 AM   #63
Mommy2LittleVols
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHTeacher View Post

I this pic!!

Quote:

GREAT Wishes pics!! I can't believe those were taken in Auto mode! Makes me even more excited about taking mine!

EWW!!!!! About the seafood for breakfast! I would have had to leave the room. I can't STAND the smell of seafood. We very rarely eat at Red Lobster or any other seafood place because I just can't stomach the smell.

It sounds like you had a productive afternoon at the MK! I wouldn't have waited in that line for IASW. I would be glad to never ride it again. But I love Dinosaur!

I can't wait for more!
Old 03-28-2010, 10:42 AM   #64
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

I'm here Michelle! And Im so excited to read all about your trip Great start! I imagine you guys were pretty tired after two days of traveling and a late night in the parks - I can't wait to hear what this "other idea" from one of your group members was!
Old 03-28-2010, 11:01 AM   #65
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

LOL at that Dinosaur picture! I would be so scared if I had to ride it alone!

And I don't know how I didn't realize you were an Alabama fan too...I posted this on Becky's PTR because I thought she'd appreciate it. I just got this email from the Disney Store and they now have collegiate t-shirts! Sadly they don't have Michigan (where my dad went to law school). Thought you might like this!

http://www.disneystore.com/womens-ap...263596/308500/
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIPS: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!! April '15-VWL!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 03-28-2010, 11:39 AM   #66
KatMark
DIS Veteran

I hope you don't mind that I'm joining in. I've seen you on other trip reports I have followed (soonergirl, that's nice, etc.).
Old 03-28-2010, 05:05 PM   #67
Disneymoon09
DIS Veteran

Hmmmm....sounds like drama is afoot...

Dec 1996-Offsite (Give Kids the World Grounds)
Dec 2009- All Star Movies
Sept 2011 - POP
Nov 2013 - ASMo with BFF for Gingerbread 5k at GKTW!
Nov 2013- Beckett's First Trip!
May 2014- POP, leaving the kid at home!
Nov/Dec 2015- Hoping to rent DVC points at AKL

Old 03-28-2010, 06:48 PM   #68
Tinkermom76
Gawrsh

Hey found your TR from another TR so I'm joing in to hear about spring break at Disney. I have never been there in March before... crowds scare me

Me (Natalie) DD12 (Eryka) DD9 (Emma)

May 1989 offsite, May 1999 CBR, Feb 2008 Nickelodeon, Dec 2009 CR, Dec 2010 Pop, Oct 2011, Pop, Feb 2012 WL, Sept 2012 POR, Sept 2013 ASM, May 2014 Pop, Nov 2014 CBR
Old 03-28-2010, 08:16 PM   #69
cinderella crazy
DIS Veteran

Woohoo! I'm here! So glad you started you report! Can't wait to hear more!
Old 03-28-2010, 08:28 PM   #70
kschafer
DIS Veteran

DOH! How did I miss this? Here now and going back to read!!

Your fireworks pictures are stunning! Remind me of what camera you have (did you just get a new one? Everyones PTR's are blurring together in my mind )

Hoping the drama is short lived!

June 2008, WDW with the entire family, May 2010, Girls only...woohoo!
June 2011, Two week blowout, December 2013, Christmas with the Mouse

Last edited by kschafer; 03-29-2010 at 08:20 AM.
Old 03-28-2010, 09:03 PM   #71
__disneygirl
well, all that's left now is the happy ending.

Quote:
Me too! Not the loving part, but the scaring part!

On some other thread I was reading, a mother was asking about her 5 year old daughter riding this. She wanted to know how scary the ride was. Some guy posted about his wife riding it----Wound up she was the last ride of the day, and ended up being the ONLY PERSON riding in her vehicle. Check out this photopass pic ---

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...8&postcount=25

I think this is how I would look if I had to ride that all by myself!
Oh MAN. MAN. That is both horrifying... and hysterical.
Old 03-28-2010, 09:20 PM   #72
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Well, I am back and ready to start this trip report. Afterall, I only have less than two months, before I'm back!

The Cast:

My two daughters, Elizabeth and Rachel, and myself:

AND....

my sister, Kelly, and her two youngest---Reese and Meg.

We were at Disney March 19--25 and stayed at POR this trip.

More to come later! I promise!

LINKS

We're off! http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...9&postcount=20

Magic Kingdom 3/19 http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...2&postcount=22
I'm here and can't wait to read all the details!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 03-28-2010, 09:45 PM   #73
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Okie dokie, I'm all caught up. I love your fireworks pictures!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 03-28-2010, 10:18 PM   #74
KathyRN137
...and the greatest of these is Love

I'm (wildly) guessing it was Meg!

Kathy
Old 03-29-2010, 10:29 AM   #75
MHTeacher
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by flafan View Post
Subscribing - So far loving it Except that nasty Red Lobster Guy What the Hey My husband is allergic to shellfish. This would not have been a good thing - not at all

You photos are great BTW
Thanks! to my trip report.

I really thought the red lobster thing was pretty gross. The guy seemed oblivious that he was stinking up the entire lobby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniferkeala808 View Post

Soo glad you started!!

I cannot believe that guy was warming up his LEFTOVERS from RED LOBSTER & eating it for BREAKFAST!! Those words don't mesh well together!! bleh!!

I'm so glad you folks got the building you requested! That's in the Alligator Bayou?! We're staying at POR for 3 nights when we go and I requested a room in Magnolia Bend...is that a good choice? That's wonderful that your room was ready a couple mins. later!! lol!!

Can't wait to see MK!! Great pic of those balloons by the way!! Yay for HM's wait being only 10 mins. Boo for IASW being long!!

Wow! You got really great pics of Wishes. Looks like you had a great view! Yay for park hours being extended! must've been really busy! Can't wait to hear more!!
Thanks, Keala!

Yes---Red lobster and breakfast-----definitely an oxymoron!

I was glad we got one of the buildings I'd requested, too, and even happier that it was ready quickly after check-in.

We watched Wishes from right in the center of the hub. It was fairly crowded, but seems like we didn't stake out our spot until about 25 minutes before time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
I'm surprised that if Small World had a long line you still were able to get on Peter Pan. That line is almost always ridiculous, except at EMH times.

I always love first installments of a trip, because I can sense that 'beginning of the trip' excitement. I aso try to think about what I was doing at the time when someone else was just starting an awesome Disney trip. I'm usually at school, but this time, for your trip start, I was hanging out with Brooklynn on spring break.

We're Dinosaur fans here. Even though that picture of the lady alone is cool, I'm not sure I'd want to ride alone. I got stuck on that ride once, and I know I wouldn't want to be sitting in there all by myself in the dark

...with dinosaurs.
I was shocked by getting on Peter Pan, too! It does seem like we had to wait in line for about 35 minutes, but I thought that was pretty good for that time of day.

I know you were having fun hanging out with Brooklynn. The only thing better could be hanging out with her and Bella at DisneyWorld!

I KNOW I wouldn't want to ride Dinosaur all alone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Michelle, I am super impressed that you already have your first update up! Can't believe that man was heating up his leftover Red Lobster -- ewww! First of all, who wants to eat that for breakfast and second of all, did he not think the other guests might not appreciate it!

Woo hoo for your room being ready so quickly. I always like unloading everything before heading to a park! Was this your first time staying at Riverside?

Can't believe how crazy busy it was at the MK! A long wait for IASW says it all! Your firework pictures turned out very pretty!
Well, don't be too impressed, Jackie. As I told Wigd---I had a Saturday morning all to myself through the luck of sleepovers for two of my kids and DH and the 3rd kid leaving early to go spend the day with my MIL/FIL.

I have stayed at POR three previous times. Kevin and I stayed there in 2007 for an anniversary weekend trip, with no kids. We stayed there during a family trip in 2008, and then stayed there a couple of days in 2009, before moving over to the Poly. It was my sister's first time to stay there.

It was pretty crowded!

Hold my umbrella while I find your poncho-May 2012 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...64&postcount=1
Disney Dining, DIS Meets, and WAIT-Why is that lady holding onto my husband?May,2010 TR http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...45&postcount=1
DON'T CRY OR WE'LL RIDE DINOSAUR AGAIN! March, 2010 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post35995716
A 16th Birthday/New Years Celebration(with 75000 of our closest friends) Dec. 2009 TR-http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=34927152

All Star Sports 2001 Coronado Springs 2003 Wilderness Lodge 2005 Polynesian 2007 POR- 2007 POR 2008 Polynesian 2009 Yacht Club 2009 POR 2010 Beach Club 2010 Polynesian 2012 POP 2013

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: