Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-16-2010, 08:41 PM   #1
bomalovers
Earning My Ears

Just Back from BLT - AP Merchandise Discounts and Cops looking for speeders

We posted this on a DVC forum already, but figured it may make sense to post here as well for the non DVC members.

This has probably been posted in the past, but in case anyone missed it, we wanted to make sure everyone was aware of the AP discounts throughout the WDW resort. We have Premium APs and were entitled to 20% off of merchandise in any store on property (regular AP gets 10%). This included every merchandise store at the parks, at DTD, and at the resorts. We also purchased Entenmann's cookes at the merchandise store which also sells food at the Contemporary and they gave us 20% off the cookies. There may be some limitations - for example, a cast member told us Walt Disney Classic Collection merchandise is excluded from the discount. Just make sure you ask about the discount. We thought this promotion had expired and did not realize it had been extended. We overheard another guest asking a cast member about the discount, so that is how we found out. A cast member at the MK fire station told us this promotion has been extended to 9/30 (other cast members we asked could not confirm this).

As a side note on discounts, we also knew from a past trip that Universal Studios offers a 10% AAA discount on food if you show your AAA card (not sure of the exact policy, but we got the 10% off at a counter service restaurant and an ice cream place).

Also, while driving on the road to BLT in the early evening, we noticed cops were staked out looking for speeders. The cops were on the road that you take to the Contemporary after you pass through the MK toll booths. The posted speed limit on that road varies between 30-35, so be careful. It looked like they were pulling over 2-3 cars at a time. We tried to stay behind the buses b/c they typically go the speed limit. We remember reading about this a few years ago.

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to ask us.

BL
Old 05-16-2010, 09:45 PM   #2
walkdmc

DIS Veteran

We are staying at BLT in June (2BR villa). It looks like the BLT rooms have a dishwasher. Do they come with dishwashing detergent for the machine? Enough for the length of the stay, or just a one-time use pack? How about regular dish soap for hand washing dishes? How about a sponge for dishwashing and was it new?

Was your room clean?

I recently put in a bid for a BLT DVC so some of my questions will help me pack for my owners locker since we're driving down from PA this time. Future visits will be by plane.

TIA!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-16-2010, 09:46 PM   #3
VLee
DIS Veteran

I have a question... I may need to post it separately. Thanks for telling us about the AP discount. I have the regular AP and will be renewing my granddaughter's AP when we arrive. She is now considered an adult because of her age. If I buy her a premium AP, can we get the 20% discount since she will be along with me, but the actual payment will be made by me on my credit card or charged to my room.

Can she have charging privileges to my room?
BWV - Boardwalk View - 10/2007 - Family Reunion!
OKW - Labor Day 2007 - Pirate & Princess Party
BWV/Beach Club -- 05/2007 -- The kids and Me!
VWL -- Christmas 2006 -Mom and Me!
AS Movies 09/2006 - Jen & Kids - Brant's 4th BD!
Beach Club Villa 05/2006 - Brant and Me
Wilderness Cabins/Old Key West 01/2006-Hollye's 6th!
Polynesian Resort / Beach Club Villa 9/2005-Jen & Kids
Pop Century/ Old Key West 05/2005 - The kids & Me
AS Movies/WL Villa/ PO French Qtr 10/2004-Halloween
Pop Century/Port Orleans FQ 05/2004 - Hollye and Me
BoardWalk Villa/WL Villa 12/2003 - First Christmas!
Polynesian Resort 05/2003 -- First Trip!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 05-16-2010, 10:24 PM   #4
PrincessSuzanne
Guess I will be eating crow tonight
Good thing I can be quiet when necessary

Quote:
Originally Posted by VLee View Post
I have a question... I may need to post it separately. Thanks for telling us about the AP discount. I have the regular AP and will be renewing my granddaughter's AP when we arrive. She is now considered an adult because of her age. If I buy her a premium AP, can we get the 20% discount since she will be along with me, but the actual payment will be made by me on my credit card or charged to my room.

You should be able to. On one of our trips, my cousin had an AP and we hadn't renewed ours yet, but they let me use hers for the discount, one time I paid cash, one time I either used a CC or charged to the room.

Personally, I don't think it would really be cost effective to get the Premium AP just for the discount (if thsat is what you were talking about doing), you can still get 10% with the regular AP.

OP, glad you added this, I was just wondering today if it had been extended.

Suzanne
Old 05-16-2010, 10:30 PM   #5
Eeyore's Pal
Trading pins since before there were rubber backs

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkdmc View Post
We are staying at BLT in June (2BR villa). It looks like the BLT rooms have a dishwasher. Do they come with dishwashing detergent for the machine? Enough for the length of the stay, or just a one-time use pack? How about regular dish soap for hand washing dishes? How about a sponge for dishwashing and was it new?

Was your room clean?

I recently put in a bid for a BLT DVC so some of my questions will help me pack for my owners locker since we're driving down from PA this time. Future visits will be by plane.

TIA!
You probably need to head over to the DVC Planning board. LINK

But here are answers to some of your questions.
1. There will be dishwasher detergent for at least 2-3 washes.
2. There will be liquid dishwashing soap in a small bottle, probably enough for 4-5 days at least.
3. A brand new sponge is provided.
4. All soaps are replaced one a week when you stay longer than 6 days.
5. The villas are immaculate. Even the ovens are run on the self-clean cycle between guests.

DVC Member ~ OKW Home ~ since 2000

OKW 00, 01, 02, 05, 06, 07, 08, 11; BWV 05, 06, 07, 08, 10, 11, 12; BCV 03, 04; AKL 02; FWCG 05; ASMu 99, 01, 07, 08; CSR 98; WL 98, 06; Disney Villas 94 ; Dolphin 06; DCL Wonder 06; Off Property 79, 80, 00, 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06

PinPics Name: eeyorespal
Old 05-16-2010, 11:15 PM   #6
walkdmc

DIS Veteran

Thank you! I'll check out the link.
Old 05-17-2010, 12:36 AM   #7
VLee
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessSuzanne View Post
You should be able to. On one of our trips, my cousin had an AP and we hadn't renewed ours yet, but they let me use hers for the discount, one time I paid cash, one time I either used a CC or charged to the room.

Personally, I don't think it would really be cost effective to get the Premium AP just for the discount (if thsat is what you were talking about doing), you can still get 10% with the regular AP.

OP, glad you added this, I was just wondering today if it had been extended.

Suzanne
Of course, the 20% discount will help, but I think she will get the 15 month renewal, which would carry her through the end of August 2011 and we will have a two- to three-week trip in summer of 2011, so she would benefit from the water park admission on the premum AP.
BWV - Boardwalk View - 10/2007 - Family Reunion!
OKW - Labor Day 2007 - Pirate & Princess Party
BWV/Beach Club -- 05/2007 -- The kids and Me!
VWL -- Christmas 2006 -Mom and Me!
AS Movies 09/2006 - Jen & Kids - Brant's 4th BD!
Beach Club Villa 05/2006 - Brant and Me
Wilderness Cabins/Old Key West 01/2006-Hollye's 6th!
Polynesian Resort / Beach Club Villa 9/2005-Jen & Kids
Pop Century/ Old Key West 05/2005 - The kids & Me
AS Movies/WL Villa/ PO French Qtr 10/2004-Halloween
Pop Century/Port Orleans FQ 05/2004 - Hollye and Me
BoardWalk Villa/WL Villa 12/2003 - First Christmas!
Polynesian Resort 05/2003 -- First Trip!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 05-17-2010, 05:57 AM   #8
monarchsfan16
Holy smokes, the DIS is a big place!
Was recognized as a New Englander in Yellowstone because I exclaimed wicked awesome as Old Faithful erupted

Quote:

I'm here now. Maybe I'm not the norm, but everytime I've shown my AP for the discount, they've asked for ID, and compared the name on the ID to the name on the AP
Old 05-17-2010, 06:09 AM   #9
VirataMama4
DIS Veteran

Location: Home is where the Navy sends us: Currently- New Orleans, 09-12- DC

Quote:

When we were there in Nov. our oldest 2 were 11 and 10, since I had done online check in and provided a cc # for charging, their cards were set with charging privileges. The CM asked if we wanted to keep that on there or take it off... We took it off. So, yes, I think she would be able to have the privilege if you wanted her to.
Old 05-17-2010, 11:38 AM   #10
PrincessSuzanne
Guess I will be eating crow tonight
Good thing I can be quiet when necessary

Quote:
Of course, the 20% discount will help, but I think she will get the 15 month renewal, which would carry her through the end of August 2011 and we will have a two- to three-week trip in summer of 2011, so she would benefit from the water park admission on the premum AP.
Gotcha it will definitely be of additional advantage to you then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monarchsfan16 View Post
I'm here now. Maybe I'm not the norm, but everytime I've shown my AP for the discount, they've asked for ID, and compared the name on the ID to the name on the AP

I think they asked for my ID, but since she was there, there was no problem, she is a child and doesn't need an ID.

Suzanne
Old 05-17-2010, 05:47 PM   #11
bomalovers
Earning My Ears

Here are a couple of responses to various questions:

1. Yes the room was clean. We stayed in a studio, so we didn't have a dishwasher. The one thing we noticed was that the room was very humid even though it was not that humid outside. The first day, we hung towels to dry in the bathroom, and they didn't dry. The next day, we tried hanging them over a chair in the room but they weren't 100% dry although they were useable. My parents also stayed in a studio on another floor and had the same issue and they hung towels outside on the balcony. I suppose you can always go to the dryer in the laundry room but we didn't feel like it. We also washed some shirts that we didn't want to put in the dryer. We hung these inside and it took a few days for them to dry. After showering in the morning, when we got back to the room at night after going to the parks, we noticed some water drops in the shower. The room wasn't uncomfortable and the humidity was only apparent since our stuff didn't dry.

2. My parents were able to get 20% using my Premium AP as long as I went to the cashier with them and showed my pass and ID. They paid with their credit card.

3. A poster responded to my post on the DVC board and indicated that the AP website lists the merchandise promotion. It looks like it is good until 9/30/10.

Here is what the AP site says:

"Passholders get 10% off select merchandise at Walt Disney Resort stores now through September 30, 2010.

With this Passholder discount, it's a great time to shop for something special. And if you're a Premium Passholder, you can save 20% on select merchandise at Walt Disney Resort stores while this offer lasts.

Visit today–don't delay!

Offer is valid only at the Walt Disney World® Resort, offer is valid only at select Walt Disney World Resort stores. The Passholder discount is not accepted at Walt Disney World Resort Operating Participant locations, including but not limited to, China, Japan, and Morocco pavilions at World Showcase in Epcot®, Arribas Brothers®, Basin®, Basin White, Cirque du Soleil®, Curl by Sammy Duval, Ghiradelli®, House of Blues®, Hoypoloi, LEGO Imagination Center®, Magic Masters, Magnetron, Niki Bryan Spas, Orlando Harley Davidson® Store, Planet Hollywood®, Rainforest Cafe®, Richard Petty Driving Experience, Rubio Balloon Arts, SD Watersports, Sosa Cigar, Starabillias, Sunglass Icon®, Surrey Bike Rental, T-Rex Café Shop, Wyland Galleries, The Disney Store, Disney's Character Premiere, Disney's Character Warehouse and any other locations or kiosks that are not owned and operated by the owners of the Walt Disney World® Resort. Discount is not valid on purchases of ticket media, gift certificates, Disney gift cards, videos, DVDs and CDs, Disney Dollars, sundries, periodicals, digital and video cameras, disposable cameras, film, consumer electronics (e.g., CD players, TVs, DVD players), tobacco, alcohol, In-Park balloon vendors, Add-a-Dollar (Wildlife Conservation Fund), postage stamps, rentals (e.g. strollers, ECV, etc.), all Titleist® and Cobra® golf equipment, National brand fragrances, treatments and cosmetics, Personalization, Imaging and PhotoPass® products, Lladro, Armani, Hummel, Swarovski® Crystal, Walt Disney Classics Collection, other collectibles and select merchandise. May not be combined with any other discount, offer or promotion. Not valid on previous purchases. A valid Walt Disney World® Resort Passholder ID must be presented at time of purchase to receive discount."
Old 05-17-2010, 05:50 PM   #12
Brian_WDW74
Theme Parks Co-Moderator
Oh, I'm detecting nuttiness.

DISboards Moderator

"Just back" threads are a better fit on our Trip Reports board, so I've moved this one.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: