Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-26-2010, 09:28 AM   #1
Amandaj0831
Earning My Ears

Do tickets expire?

We bought 7 day tickets in January from a AAA site for 99. We planned to go to Universal right after Disney on June 7th,8th and 9th. When we booked we were told that Harry Potter would be open. There is no way for us to move our trip, nor do I want to. Does anyone know can I just hold onto the tickets for next year or do they have to be used this year?
Thanks
Amanda
Amandaj0831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 09:29 AM   #2
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!

Yup, the tickets never expire until activated. So as long as you don't use them, they are still good.
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-26-2010, 09:29 AM   #3
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amandaj0831 View Post
We bought 7 day tickets in January from a AAA site for 99. We planned to go to Universal right after Disney on June 7th,8th and 9th. When we booked we were told that Harry Potter would be open. There is no way for us to move our trip, nor do I want to. Does anyone know can I just hold onto the tickets for next year or do they have to be used this year?
Thanks
Amanda
Sorry...I misread your post. Damo answered the question.
Old 03-26-2010, 09:33 AM   #4
It'sWDW4me
Fairly new... still gets a tag :)
HOLD THE PHONE!
I think it's easier to reason with a CHIMPANZEE than to reason with a tween/early teen!

I'm not sure. We went to US/IOA in 2008 but I think I remember reading something along the lines that the tickets would expire in a year even if we didn't use them and/or they were only good for 10 days after first use. I'd take a look at your tickets.

WDW Commando Member #120

Me; DS (18); Bear (7); Cosmo (7? He's a stray who found his home with us)

No more tickers for a very long while.

March 1986 - offsite; March 2002 - offsite; August 2006 - POP; August 2007 - OKW (free upgrade from ASMo!); August 2008 - POR; August 2010 - CBR ; August 2012 - DCL's Fantasy ; July 2013 - POP & 1st solo trip!
It'sWDW4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 09:39 AM   #5
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok

Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sWDW4me View Post
I'm not sure. We went to US/IOA in 2008 but I think I remember reading something along the lines that the tickets would expire in a year even if we didn't use them and/or they were only good for 10 days after first use. I'd take a look at your tickets.
The old 7 day tickets sold by AAA don't expire until activated. Once they are activated, you have 7 days to use them. You can choose to use all 7 days or not, it is up to you. However, you can not use them after those 7 days are up. There is no expiry date on the back of these tickets.
Old 03-26-2010, 10:06 AM   #6
FINFAN
Mom to Tinkbell
Makes the best Apple Pie on her block!
My driver's license will say "Florida Resident" one day!
I blame Jaws

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amandaj0831 View Post
Thanks
Amanda
We are in the same boat, sort of...we planned on 6/4-10 prior to WDW...but do have resort booled 6/10-20 at WDW...wondering if we should alter our dates and go to WWOHP after WDW, but now the crowds, would lose our rate of 125 at RPR...I am really glad the tix do not start to expire until after first use...we have to take DD back to college in August, we amy just go to US/IOA for a 3 day trip when taking her back...not sure. Going to see what pans out for those who have onsite ressies for early June, or we may just keep it all as that rate for RPR is a deal and can enjoy Orlando...decisions, decisions!
Dan's IN to the Hall of Fame!

FINFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 02:03 PM   #7
Tiresius
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by damo View Post
The old 7 day tickets sold by AAA don't expire until activated. Once they are activated, you have 7 days to use them. You can choose to use all 7 days or not, it is up to you. However, you can not use them after those 7 days are up. There is no expiry date on the back of these tickets.
Does that mean the same is not true of recently purchased tickets? I bought 4 day park-to-park tickets online through Universal's website (to be picked up at Will-call) for a trip that now looks like it will be canceled. Will those tickets expire? How do I know when? Neither universal's website nor my confirmation email says anything about this.
2014 - Jan: 10k, Donald 1/2, Discovery Cove, and SeaWorld. 2013 - Dec: 7 night Western Caribbean on DCL Fantasy. Aug/Sept: 5 days DL and Dumbo Double Dare. February: Quick weekend getaway to AoA and CBR for Princess Half Marathon Weekend 2012 - September: 5 days at ASMo for TOT 10 Miler and F&WF May: 7 Night Alaskan Cruise on the Disney Wonder 2011 - December: 1 Night at ASMo for MVMCP and CP, then 3 nights at RP for WWoHP and US May: 10 Nights at ASSp with DMom for EE5K (3rd Place!), Ep F&G, WPx2, Premium Plan (1 Night only), D23 Scavenger Hunt (32nd), Destination D. 2010 - June: 5 nights at ASSp for SWW and EE 5K Challenge (Solo) January: 5 very cold days with DMom and DSis (her first trip) for 1 night at POFQ, 1 night at AKL, 3 nights at ASSp. Mom ran the 5K, we swam in Epcot Aqua Seas, and did all 4 parks with only 2 day tixs. 2009 - August: Longest trip to date, 7 days at ASMu with my girlfriend. 2008 - September: Labor Day Solo trip at POP, first time free dining, 3 parks in 1 day and my first water park. October: MNSSHP X2 and Food and Wine Festival (Solo at ASMu). February: 3 day Solo trip at POP for P&PP and 2am in the MK (yeah EMH!). 2007 - November: 2 day Solo Trip at ASSp to see Cirque, AK, and DQ. December: DMom and Me at ASMu for Christmas with Dining and MVMCP. 2006 - May: 3 days at DL, solo (age 24), offsite. 2005 - January: 5 days at WDW, w/ DMom, POP Century. 2002 - 1 day at MK, w/ DFather, DSis (then 17), DBro (then 14)
Tiresius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 02:46 PM   #8
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresius View Post
Does that mean the same is not true of recently purchased tickets? I bought 4 day park-to-park tickets online through Universal's website (to be picked up at Will-call) for a trip that now looks like it will be canceled. Will those tickets expire? How do I know when? Neither universal's website nor my confirmation email says anything about this.
Your 4 day tickets will expire 14 days after the first use. You have 14 consecutive days in which to use those 4 days.

It is, in fact, stated on the website. https://secure.universalstudios.com/...ternalID=UO4dp

Just click on FULL DETAILS

The 4-Day Park to Park Ticket entitles one (1) guest admission to BOTH Universal Studios Florida® AND Islands of Adventure® on the same day for the duration of the base ticket. Ticket is valid for any four (4) calendar days during a fourteen (14) consecutive calendar day period which includes the first day any portion of the ticket is used. This ticket also includes fourteen (14) consecutive calendar days of admission to the paid entertainment venues of Universal CityWalk® which commences and includes the first day any portion of the ticket is used.
Old 03-26-2010, 03:08 PM   #9
Tiresius
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Your 4 day tickets will expire 14 days after the first use. You have 14 consecutive days in which to use those 4 days.

It is, in fact, stated on the website. https://secure.universalstudios.com/...ternalID=UO4dp

Just click on FULL DETAILS

The 4-Day Park to Park Ticket entitles one (1) guest admission to BOTH Universal Studios Florida® AND Islands of Adventure® on the same day for the duration of the base ticket. Ticket is valid for any four (4) calendar days during a fourteen (14) consecutive calendar day period which includes the first day any portion of the ticket is used. This ticket also includes fourteen (14) consecutive calendar days of admission to the paid entertainment venues of Universal CityWalk® which commences and includes the first day any portion of the ticket is used.
Right, I read and understand that part. But that does not necessarily mean that the tickets do not ever expire if you do not use them. There could be a hidden piece somewhere that tickets will expire if not claimed within x amount of time. I know when they definitely will expire, but I just don't know if that means that if I do not claim the tickets within the next year, if I show up at the gates 2 years from now, will my ticket still be waiting for me. That website info does not specify either way.
2014 - Jan: 10k, Donald 1/2, Discovery Cove, and SeaWorld. 2013 - Dec: 7 night Western Caribbean on DCL Fantasy. Aug/Sept: 5 days DL and Dumbo Double Dare. February: Quick weekend getaway to AoA and CBR for Princess Half Marathon Weekend 2012 - September: 5 days at ASMo for TOT 10 Miler and F&WF May: 7 Night Alaskan Cruise on the Disney Wonder 2011 - December: 1 Night at ASMo for MVMCP and CP, then 3 nights at RP for WWoHP and US May: 10 Nights at ASSp with DMom for EE5K (3rd Place!), Ep F&G, WPx2, Premium Plan (1 Night only), D23 Scavenger Hunt (32nd), Destination D. 2010 - June: 5 nights at ASSp for SWW and EE 5K Challenge (Solo) January: 5 very cold days with DMom and DSis (her first trip) for 1 night at POFQ, 1 night at AKL, 3 nights at ASSp. Mom ran the 5K, we swam in Epcot Aqua Seas, and did all 4 parks with only 2 day tixs. 2009 - August: Longest trip to date, 7 days at ASMu with my girlfriend. 2008 - September: Labor Day Solo trip at POP, first time free dining, 3 parks in 1 day and my first water park. October: MNSSHP X2 and Food and Wine Festival (Solo at ASMu). February: 3 day Solo trip at POP for P&PP and 2am in the MK (yeah EMH!). 2007 - November: 2 day Solo Trip at ASSp to see Cirque, AK, and DQ. December: DMom and Me at ASMu for Christmas with Dining and MVMCP. 2006 - May: 3 days at DL, solo (age 24), offsite. 2005 - January: 5 days at WDW, w/ DMom, POP Century. 2002 - 1 day at MK, w/ DFather, DSis (then 17), DBro (then 14)
Old 03-26-2010, 03:34 PM   #10
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok

No, sorry, I should have read your question more carefully. You are correct that they don't have that info. As long as there is no expiration date on the back of the tickets, they do not expire. The tickets that you purchased do not have an expiration date on them. Put your confirmation in a safe place so you have it whenever you decide to go.
Old 03-26-2010, 03:50 PM   #11
Tiresius
Mouseketeer

Quote:
No, sorry, I should have read your question more carefully. You are correct that they don't have that info. As long as there is no expiration date on the back of the tickets, they do not expire. The tickets that you purchased do not have an expiration date on them. Put your confirmation in a safe place so you have it whenever you decide to go.
Gotcha. Thanks! Without having a physical ticket in hand to look at the back, that was the question I was asking. Since I can't look for a date, I will take your word for it that, if I did have a ticket, it would not have a date on it. Thank you for clarifying for me!
Old 03-26-2010, 09:31 PM   #12
phamton
Proud Redhead
My husband is right...It is all about me!Shooting your own exhaust is like cheating at solitaire

DISboards Moderator

Damo is correct. You can pick your tickets up anytime and they won't expire until 7 days after the first use.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: