Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2013, 10:36 PM   #1471
BabyRapunzel
Mouseketeer

Ooh good idea on the Barnstormer ride! Hoping DD will be tall enough this year.
BabyRapunzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:28 PM   #1472
Fantasyland Mom
DIS Veteran

Location: Second star to the right, and straight on til morning

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyRapunzel View Post
Ooh good idea on the Barnstormer ride! Hoping DD will be tall enough this year.
DS was tall enough at 2...but that doesn't mean he enjoyed it. See the look on his face?! Priceless. He didn't fuss, but I could tell it wasn't for him. The girls, however, look terrified but wanted to ride again immediately!

***What Means "Ay, Caramba?"--Famous for Family of the Day, a Sept TR--IN PROGRESS!!

Disney World Family Vacation Video 2012-YouTube & Mobile Device-Friendly Disney World Family Vacation Video 2012-Vimeo Version
Instagram: disneyjenn1
Fantasyland Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-07-2013, 02:00 AM   #1473
gracer9977
Happiness is Disney

Joining for info. Thinking of doing this on our next trip.
Old 02-07-2013, 01:16 PM   #1474
jandkmom
Mouseketeer

Back from Disney where my DS did the Pirates League for his 6th bday. He had an amazing time, choosing the "cursed pirate" look (it's the one with the most make up). Word to the wise: bring make up remover with you. The black makeup is really hard to get off, especially around the eyes. They are very thorough so they paint the inner eyelids, which I can still see a faint line even days later. My DS looked like a strung out rock star
Old 02-07-2013, 01:50 PM   #1475
luv2sleep
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jandkmom
Back from Disney where my DS did the Pirates League for his 6th bday. He had an amazing time, choosing the "cursed pirate" look (it's the one with the most make up). Word to the wise: bring make up remover with you. The black makeup is really hard to get off, especially around the eyes. They are very thorough so they paint the inner eyelids, which I can still see a faint line even days later. My DS looked like a strung out rock star
My son is also 6. How far in advance did you make your reservation? How long does the session take? Are there 'best' times of the day to do this?
Old 02-07-2013, 04:25 PM   #1476
Berlioz70
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2sleep View Post
My son is also 6. How far in advance did you make your reservation? How long does the session take? Are there 'best' times of the day to do this?
Read through the first post for lots of info!
Old 02-07-2013, 07:45 PM   #1477
jandkmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I made it a few weeks in advance but we went at a slow season. They said they could fit my DD in that day if she wanted to do it too but she didn't. The session took about 45 minutes or so but his makeup was pretty involved. We went in the morning but if you think your little pirate would like to march in their parade at 4:10, I'd do it closer to that time. My DS was done with the makeup before the parade
Old 02-07-2013, 07:56 PM   #1478
smallblackstars
Mouseketeer

This is a great thread, lots of very useful information!! I will be at WDW in November and have been thinking of booking my daughter (she will be just turned 4 when we go) into the Pirates League for the 'Mermaid' makeover then getting her mermaid Ariel costume on her and taking her up to Ariel's Grotto to meet Ariel. I was a little unsure but after reading through this thread I am 110% sure she will love it!! I even think I'll book DH and myself in at the same time!!

Me (31), DH (26), DD (4), Ninja (2)

smallblackstars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:41 AM   #1479
luv2sleep
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jandkmom

I made it a few weeks in advance but we went at a slow season. They said they could fit my DD in that day if she wanted to do it too but she didn't. The session took about 45 minutes or so but his makeup was pretty involved. We went in the morning but if you think your little pirate would like to march in their parade at 4:10, I'd do it closer to that time. My DS was done with the makeup before the parade
Thank you! My son isn't into face painting. He'd hate the makeup. He'd never do the parade. I'll try to find a video about it and see if he wants to do it.
Old 02-08-2013, 01:06 PM   #1480
cancersucks
Mouseketeer

I apologize if this has been posted, but couldn't find the answer in the search.

I made PL ressies for 9:05 AM on a 9 am park opening day. Will they let us in the MK a bit early with our confirmation number, or not since technically it's not till park opens? Anyone who has done this would be great help! I would love to get some empty(ish) MS pics. Thanks!
Old 02-08-2013, 08:48 PM   #1481
Berlioz70
DIS Veteran

Magic Kindom lets people in at 8:50 already, even if your let through the train station early, they still will not let you into Adventureland until 9.
Old 02-08-2013, 09:14 PM   #1482
BellaBaby
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cancersucks View Post
I apologize if this has been posted, but couldn't find the answer in the search.

I made PL ressies for 9:05 AM on a 9 am park opening day. Will they let us in the MK a bit early with our confirmation number, or not since technically it's not till park opens? Anyone who has done this would be great help! I would love to get some empty(ish) MS pics. Thanks!
We had the same scenario last June. We were let in early and were able to take pictures on empty Main St. etc. When we got to Adventureland, there were already people there waiting. The CMs were great and let everyone take pictures holding the big pirate flag, my kids loved it! Then when they took down the rope we all paraded back with the CMs and they let one little boy lead us carrying the flag! So fun!

We are doing it again this June, same time and hope we have as much fun!!

Me and DH DD (13) DD (11) DS (9)

4/03 ASMO/CBR 4/05 HOJO'S DL 4/07 NICK HOTEL/WH 4-5/09 NICK HOTEL/WH 6/10 WH 5-6/11 HOJO'S DL 6/12 WH/AKV/POLY 5-6/13WH 5-6/14 HOJO'S DL 8/14 CSR
BellaBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:16 PM   #1483
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thank you! My son isn't into face painting. He'd hate the makeup. He'd never do the parade. I'll try to find a video about it and see if he wants to do it.
Is your son into Jake and the Neverland Pirates at all? The Jake look has very little face paint (just eyebrows and sideburns). It is very cute.

ETA: Forgot that my son is "Jake" in my signature, so take a look below.
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 10:25 AM   #1484
Belle5
DIS Veteran

Make-up durability questions

Anyone asked the make-up artist to skip the eye make-up on a boy? I am concerned about my son looking like a drag queen a week later when we have a wedding to attend! Should the make-up be long gone by then, if we should go ahead with it? Those of you who have done full pirate make-up with your son...would you allow it if you had a wedding a week later? Has anyone had great success with getting all the eye make-up off right away?

Another question. I made our appointment for late in the day so that the make-up would not be washed away during resort swim time. Reading some reports I am thinking that maybe the make-up will not wash away in the pool. Thoughts?

Thank you!

Belle5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 10:36 AM   #1485
luv2sleep
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle5
Anyone asked the make-up artist to skip the eye make-up on a boy? I am concerned about my son looking like a drag queen a week later when we have a wedding to attend! Should the make-up be long gone by then, if we should go ahead with it? Those of you who have done full pirate make-up with your son...would you allow it if you had a wedding a week later? Has anyone had great success with getting all the eye make-up off right away?

Another question. I made our appointment for late in the day so that the make-up would not be washed away during resort swim time. Reading some reports I am thinking that maybe the make-up will not wash away in the pool. Thoughts?

Thank you!
Good question!

I wonder of the makeup can be skipped altogether.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: