Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-22-2012, 12:54 PM   #1411
lauren_elizabeth
Disney World Lover

I just booked a Pirate's League appointment for my son on our arrival day in February! He's going to be so excited and it'll be a fun surprise!

lauren_elizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 12:57 PM   #1412
meremac
Earning My Ears

We did the Pirates League on our last two trips. DD would rather do that than BBB!! You're going to love it!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-22-2012, 03:07 PM   #1413
melnbil
DIS Veteran

Berlioz,

Can you tell me what sizes the Bony Pirate costume comes in? We are coming next September and my son is determined that is what he wants. Also can it be ordered prior to arrival, or should we wait till we get there. We will be going to one of the first MNSSHP about mid-September.

melnbil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 07:24 PM   #1414
shinysparklybubbles
DIS Veteran

http://instagr.am/p/ROw1JblDYe/

That is my son's pic from the other day. He LOVED it. So much that he fought me and wouldn't let me wash his make up off for bed, nor the next morning! He also wore his costume twice and I think he will probably wear it again tomorrow!
Old 10-29-2012, 11:05 PM   #1415
autismmom1
Mouseketeer

Just wanted to provide some encouragement for those who want, but can't get, appointments!

I called for weeks prior to our trip, but the only day we were visiting MK was booked solid. That morning, shortly after park opening (we did ride an attraction first), we walked up and asked if there happened to be any openings, and we got ushered in immediately. I am assuming a lot of people make their appt. for later in the day, so this might not work unless you go first thing, but don't give up hope, it doesn't hurt to try!

My son had an excellent time, the photos are priceless and the experience was fantastic...bless those CMs that do such a fine job!
2012 Oct Contemporary!! (shhhh, it's a surprise!)
2013 Oct POFQ
2014 Oct POFQ
autismmom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:11 AM   #1416
mickeyplanner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppypetal View Post
I just want to put this out there.
Friday we did the Pirates League. I was hoping one of my girls would do the new scary mermaid, but to no avail they both did the Mermaid package. We were attending the Halloween Party, so we had our appointment booked for 5pm

I am so glad we did these. The experience was amazing. The two pirates applying the makeup were awesomely fun. My girls looked beautiful when they were transformed. I ordered them each a costume off of ebay before we went, and the costumes went perfectly with the makeup.

We did end up getting suckered into purchasing the pictures though because the camera guy did a phenomenal job with the quality of the picture and the portrayal of each girl.

I highly recommend this place
Do you have any pictures to share? My DD was watching the Disney vacation video last night for our upcoming trip and now she really wants to do this.

Does anyone have pictures of the outfits available for purchase for the girls?

mickeyplanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:29 AM   #1417
Berlioz70
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by melnbil View Post
Berlioz,

Can you tell me what sizes the Bony Pirate costume comes in? We are coming next September and my son is determined that is what he wants. Also can it be ordered prior to arrival, or should we wait till we get there. We will be going to one of the first MNSSHP about mid-September.
Sorry - I just saw this post. The largest size is XL, which is similar to a 10-12. The Boney does run a little large compared to the other costumes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyplanner View Post
Does anyone have pictures of the outfits available for purchase for the girls?
The pink maiden dress is the only full costume and they sometimes have a Jasmine tutu available, which matches the colors for the mermaid.

Info/photos are available in the first post.
Old 11-05-2012, 11:09 AM   #1418
shinysparklybubbles
DIS Veteran

Did anyone have trouble with the shirts shrinking from the captain jack costume? I washed my son's shirt in cold water and hung it to dry and now is too small! It fit fine last week and after one wash too small!

Anyone know of a phone number or email that I could contact Disney about? Stinks to pay $70 and then have the shirt shrink after following the washing instructions.
Old 11-05-2012, 01:42 PM   #1419
mickeyplanner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berlioz70 View Post
The pink maiden dress is the only full costume and they sometimes have a Jasmine tutu available, which matches the colors for the mermaid.

Info/photos are available in the first post.
Thank you, sounds like I might be better of bringing a special outfit for her.

mickeyplanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 02:05 PM   #1420
candielips
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinysparklybubbles
http://instagr.am/p/ROw1JblDYe/

That is my son's pic from the other day. He LOVED it. So much that he fought me and wouldn't let me wash his make up off for bed, nor the next morning! He also wore his costume twice and I think he will probably wear it again tomorrow!
Omg, your DS is adorable.

Is that the jack sparrow costume and hat? Was there anything else you purchased separately? Or is everything else in the pic included?
Old 11-05-2012, 03:31 PM   #1421
shinysparklybubbles
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by candielips

Omg, your DS is adorable.

Is that the jack sparrow costume and hat? Was there anything else you purchased separately? Or is everything else in the pic included?
Thanks!

That is the black eye Jack look and the jack sparrow costume, everything in the picture came with it. Thankfully my mom had an AP and saved us some money. Between the make up, outfit, picture, it was more than I expected lol.
Old 11-05-2012, 03:33 PM   #1422
serene56
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinysparklybubbles View Post
Thanks!

That is the black eye Jack look and the jack sparrow costume, everything in the picture came with it. Thankfully my mom had an AP and saved us some money. Between the make up, outfit, picture, it was more than I expected lol.

could I have a round about figure-- coz that is what we are expecting one of our kids to be looking at.

do you think it would be better if we found a costume online and take that with us??
Old 11-05-2012, 03:44 PM   #1423
Chelley00
DIS Veteran

Here are before and after of my DD, DS and nephew last month. We did this as a gift for nephew's birthday.

The kids had a great time. DD and DS's pirates were great, totally in character and funny. Nephew's not so much. I don't think my brother or SIL noticed, but for me, we've been there before and his CM was totally not into it, and very frustrated with nephew squinting when she tried to put on his makeup.

Other than her, everyone else we came into contact with was amazing. We went to ride POTC right after they were done, and DS caught his sword behind him getting in and it broke, and they replaced it right away.
Old 11-05-2012, 03:47 PM   #1424
shinysparklybubbles
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by serene56

could I have a round about figure-- coz that is what we are expecting one of our kids to be looking at.

do you think it would be better if we found a costume online and take that with us??
Oh yeah. His costume was $70 and the make up was $30. I would look to see if you could find one cheaper somewhere. We did get our monies worth because my son wore his costume every day but one!
Old 11-05-2012, 04:49 PM   #1425
arwood82
DIS Veteran

My DS (3) did this on 10/30 and loved it. WE had actually called several times to try and get an appt this night for MNSSHP with no luck. Once we entered the park that night and got our wristbands we walked straight to TPL to see if they had any availability. It was 5:10 when I checked and they told me they could get him in at 5:30. Granted he just wanted to be Jake and he already had his costume on. The person checking us in said Jake was a pretty quick one to do so he could squeeze us in. I am so glad we got to do this. We will definitely be back on our next trip. I will post pictures as soon as I get my Photopass CD. (We just got home yesterday so it will be a little while because I have to sort through all of my pictures and get them edited).

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: