Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 09-15-2012, 12:12 PM   #1366
TheRatPack
Under penalty of law this tag not to be removed except by the tagfairy!
 
TheRatPack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: North Georgia
Posts: 5,310

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berlioz70 View Post
They do!
Thank you, and I'm guessing the prices do not include tax so I need to include that as well when getting gift cards? Thank you again!
__________________

TheRatPack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 01:42 PM   #1367
antree
DIS Veteran
 
antree's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,639

I was able to get a ressie for Dec. 2nd but the only time is 9:50am
Dec. 3rd was booked, we leave on the 4th and the only available day for us was the 2nd.
I am concerned if the make-up will stay on all day. My DS wants to do the parade at 4pm.
Has anyone did it early and still have a full face of make-up at the end of the day?
I did ask when I booked it and of course she says the make-up will be fine, but I'm looking from experience. You think he'll be good still at 4pm?

Thanks
antree is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 09-16-2012, 01:46 PM   #1368
smitch425
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Dayton, OH
Posts: 11,444

Quote:
Originally Posted by antree View Post
I was able to get a ressie for Dec. 2nd but the only time is 9:50am
Dec. 3rd was booked, we leave on the 4th and the only available day for us was the 2nd.
I am concerned if the make-up will stay on all day. My DS wants to do the parade at 4pm.
Has anyone did it early and still have a full face of make-up at the end of the day?
I did ask when I booked it and of course she says the make-up will be fine, but I'm looking from experience. You think he'll be good still at 4pm?

Thanks
I think I read somewhere in this thread that they can touch up something if it comes off. I think as long as you have them be careful when eating you should be just fine. Kids do PL in the heat of summer and it stays on well, so I would think that in December's weather the makeup will stay put even easier.
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 04:08 PM   #1369
snoopybabe
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 349

Quote:
Originally Posted by antree View Post
I was able to get a ressie for Dec. 2nd but the only time is 9:50am
Dec. 3rd was booked, we leave on the 4th and the only available day for us was the 2nd.
I am concerned if the make-up will stay on all day. My DS wants to do the parade at 4pm.
Has anyone did it early and still have a full face of make-up at the end of the day?
I did ask when I booked it and of course she says the make-up will be fine, but I'm looking from experience. You think he'll be good still at 4pm?

Thanks
We it on July 10th @ 11 AM & even in the heat it stayed on. One of them was the full face make-up & it still looked great for the parade. Have fun!
snoopybabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 08:15 PM   #1370
antree
DIS Veteran
 
antree's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,639

that is great, thank you so much for the replies. I feel so much better knowing this.
My DS wanted to do it last August when we were there and I convinced him it was too hot and it just wouldn't stay on. So I promised him next time we went he could have it done, knowing the weather would be cooler when we did go.
antree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 09:22 PM   #1371
ladeeesquire
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Inland Empire, CA
Posts: 397

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtoamulan View Post
We will walk up on the first...see if there is any spots, but I doubt it...not sure if we should try first thing, or just when we are in the area....
Definitely try the walk up. I had dd and myself booked for PL for 3:10 on a mnsshp night last friday 9/14. About a month ago dh decided he wanted to join us and I called EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. for weeks trying to get another appt. Nope, completely booked. Guess what? checked in at 3pm and asked if they could squeeze him in and they said "no problem at all". Also saw several other people accommodated as walk ups --we had to wait about 20 mins to get in after we checked in. The cm told me that they almost always have walk up space available.
__________________
ladeeesquire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 10:05 PM   #1372
autismmom1
Mouseketeer
 
autismmom1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 240

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladeeesquire View Post
Definitely try the walk up. I had dd and myself booked for PL for 3:10 on a mnsshp night last friday 9/14. About a month ago dh decided he wanted to join us and I called EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. for weeks trying to get another appt. Nope, completely booked. Guess what? checked in at 3pm and asked if they could squeeze him in and they said "no problem at all". Also saw several other people accommodated as walk ups --we had to wait about 20 mins to get in after we checked in. The cm told me that they almost always have walk up space available.
Thank you for giving me hope!!!
__________________
2009 June POFQ
2010 Oct POFQ
2011 Oct Poly!!
2012 Oct Contemporary!! (shhhh, it's a surprise!)
2013 Oct POFQ
2014 Oct POFQ
autismmom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 09:39 AM   #1373
maeslife
Earning My Ears
 
maeslife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Alabama
Posts: 16

Wink

Two questions....I am taking three upper teenage boys for MNSSHP, do you think they would enjoy this for their costume or is it just too young of an experience? They do love to dress up for halloween and do so every year to give out candy at my home which becomes a graveyard every year. Also if we do this I will have the photopass plus, will I get one picture free and have to pay for the other two boys? How does that work? Thank you!
__________________


CSR July 2004
WL Nov 2008
WL June 2010
POFQ April 2011
ASM OCT 2012
maeslife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 09:51 AM   #1374
smitch425
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Dayton, OH
Posts: 11,444

Quote:
Originally Posted by maeslife View Post
Two questions....I am taking three upper teenage boys for MNSSHP, do you think they would enjoy this for their costume or is it just too young of an experience? They do love to dress up for halloween and do so every year to give out candy at my home which becomes a graveyard every year. Also if we do this I will have the photopass plus, will I get one picture free and have to pay for the other two boys? How does that work? Thank you!
Adults do PL, so I think they will love the experience! As for the photos, all of your photos from each boy's session will be placed on your Photopass+ free of charge. If you pay for 3 experiences, you get 3 photo sessions.
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 10:49 AM   #1375
momtoamulan
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 353

Thanks for giving me hope!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladeeesquire View Post
Definitely try the walk up. I had dd and myself booked for PL for 3:10 on a mnsshp night last friday 9/14. About a month ago dh decided he wanted to join us and I called EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. for weeks trying to get another appt. Nope, completely booked. Guess what? checked in at 3pm and asked if they could squeeze him in and they said "no problem at all". Also saw several other people accommodated as walk ups --we had to wait about 20 mins to get in after we checked in. The cm told me that they almost always have walk up space available.
We will try...the girls shouldnt be too disappointed, as we have BBB ressies...all we can do is try!
momtoamulan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 12:21 PM   #1376
maeslife
Earning My Ears
 
maeslife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Alabama
Posts: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post
Adults do PL, so I think they will love the experience! As for the photos, all of your photos from each boy's session will be placed on your Photopass+ free of charge. If you pay for 3 experiences, you get 3 photo sessions.
Thank you so much! I can't wait to see the pictures. I was real worried that would be a lot more out of pocket for the pictures. Not sure who is more excited the boys or mom!
__________________


CSR July 2004
WL Nov 2008
WL June 2010
POFQ April 2011
ASM OCT 2012
maeslife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 12:32 PM   #1377
stephie1012
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 871

is there a pp photog while they do the makeover, like there is at BBB?

Also i know they take them back to a secret pirate room, is that something my DH could do with my DS? He has special needs and there is no way he will go in another room with out DH or myself.

And lastly its a small place right? so i shouldnt expect to get our entire family in there while DS is doing his makeover?
__________________
2003- ASSP Class Trip
March 2009- ASMO
Sept/Oct 2009-ASMU/AKL
February 2010-CBR
February 2011-offsite Star Island
Sept/Oct 2012 AoA
stephie1012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 12:39 PM   #1378
smitch425
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Dayton, OH
Posts: 11,444

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephie1012 View Post
is there a pp photog while they do the makeover, like there is at BBB?

Also i know they take them back to a secret pirate room, is that something my DH could do with my DS? He has special needs and there is no way he will go in another room with out DH or myself.

And lastly its a small place right? so i shouldnt expect to get our entire family in there while DS is doing his makeover?
There is no photographer present during the makeover, so you will need to take pics of that yourself. Unless you have an unusually large family, it should not be a problem to for everyone to be with him during the makeover and photo session. Have fun!
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 03:22 PM   #1379
DisneyBabies
Mouseketeer
 
DisneyBabies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 480

Quote:
Originally Posted by maeslife View Post
Two questions....I am taking three upper teenage boys for MNSSHP, do you think they would enjoy this for their costume or is it just too young of an experience? They do love to dress up for halloween and do so every year to give out candy at my home which becomes a graveyard every year. Also if we do this I will have the photopass plus, will I get one picture free and have to pay for the other two boys? How does that work? Thank you!
In addition to getting all the photos uploaded on the photopass+ card, you will get a photo print package for each of the boys being made over, not just participating in the photo session.
__________________
Cassandra

Me DH DS10 DD8 DD 22mo Oreo Harry II Reeses Pieces (I need a Guinea Pig smilie!)

BCR April 2007 - 3rd Anniversary w/DH
CBR Pirate Room February 2009 - DS's 5th B-day w/DH & DS
POP March 2010 - 6th Anniversary w/DH
ASMusic Suite February 2011 - DD's 5th B-day w/DH & DD
ASSports October 2014 - My B-day w/DH
AoA Nemo Suite October 2015 - MNSSHP w/DH, DS & DD
DisneyBabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 05:37 PM   #1380
TheRatPack
Under penalty of law this tag not to be removed except by the tagfairy!
 
TheRatPack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: North Georgia
Posts: 5,310

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRatPack View Post
Thank you, and I'm guessing the prices do not include tax so I need to include that as well when getting gift cards? Thank you again!
I just got them all $50 gift cards....that should be plenty .
__________________

TheRatPack is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pirates League thread...and a 50% discount if you call? Sea-Donkey Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies 3 12-15-2009 09:16 PM
edit XxCuriosityxX<3 Teen Disney 32 08-05-2007 10:04 AM
OFFICIAL Pirates 3 Thread TwinMom7 Community Board 154 06-03-2007 07:33 PM
the official pirates of the carribean thread BAMBIFOREVER Teen Disney 3 10-19-2006 12:39 PM
the official pirates of the carribean thread BAMBIFOREVER Teen Disney 23 08-12-2006 01:19 AM

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:02 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: