Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-12-2012, 11:38 PM   #1306
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbr03
Marshay, your DD is beautiful! Thanks for sharing your pics. We're signed up for PL, too, right before MNSSHP. DD8 loves mermaids and can't wait to go. Did they send the mesh used for the scales home with you, too?

Quick question on our res... Should I have received an email confirmation? I do have the conf number from calling. Thanks!
No email either, and no I did not get the mesh...nor did I ask for it...

Thanks -- she was super excited to do this and still plays with her necklace and flower barrette.
Marshay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 04:13 AM   #1307
Mommy2Jameson
Mouseketeer

Quick Question... with the Empress Girl Pirate makeover, do you have to get the pink bandana... or can you get the red/black version? Thanks!
Register to remove

Old 08-13-2012, 04:25 AM   #1308
mykidsrock76
Mouseketeer

I'm trying to plan our day at MK and I have a quick question. We're doing the PL on the day of MNSSHP. I read somewhere that they do not do the parade for PL on days of the party. Is that correct? I need to know whether or not to schedule that into our plan. Thanks!

2001- All Star Music
Jan 2007- POP Century
Dec 2007- Cruise to Caribbean
Dec 2008- Another Cruise
Nov 2009- Port Orleans Riverside
Sep 2012- Polynesian (our first deluxe!!! )
Sep 2013- Wilderness Lodge

mykidsrock76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 08:49 AM   #1309
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykidsrock76 View Post
I'm trying to plan our day at MK and I have a quick question. We're doing the PL on the day of MNSSHP. I read somewhere that they do not do the parade for PL on days of the party. Is that correct? I need to know whether or not to schedule that into our plan. Thanks!
According to Berlioz70's post (2 pages ago), no parade on MNSSHP days.
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 04:45 PM   #1310
Berlioz70
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbr03 View Post
Did they send the mesh used for the scales home with you, too?

Quick question on our res... Should I have received an email confirmation?
Scales are not sent home.

You will not receive an e-mail confirmation as it's not available to book on-line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2Jameson View Post
Quick Question... with the Empress Girl Pirate makeover, do you have to get the pink bandana... or can you get the red/black version? Thanks!
You can choose either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykidsrock76 View Post
They have not done the parade on past MNSSHP nights... the decision has not been made this year (but I expect it to be the same).

Additionally - got some news about the Halloween exclusive look (for the season, not just party nights). It'll be called the Sea Siren and will be a darker version of the mermaid, with a different scale pattern.
Old 08-13-2012, 08:57 PM   #1311
poppypetal
Mouseketeer

Do they only do the mermaid in one color pattern or could we request a differnt color?
I have one daughter in a mermaid costume and it will go perfectly with her outfit
My other daughter picked out a tinkerbell fairy and I'd like a greener scale put on... Unless this new package is the same price and not to scary, just to mix them upabit..
Any idea when we will see the new design?
Old 08-14-2012, 07:38 AM   #1312
Berlioz70
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppypetal View Post
Do they only do the mermaid in one color pattern or could we request a differnt color?
I have one daughter in a mermaid costume and it will go perfectly with her outfit
My other daughter picked out a tinkerbell fairy and I'd like a greener scale put on... Unless this new package is the same price and not to scary, just to mix them upabit..
Any idea when we will see the new design?
See this post regarding colors and Tinker Bell: post #1298

I'm not sure when we'll see the new look, I'm told it looks like a cross between the cursed pirate and the mermaid.
Old 08-14-2012, 10:15 AM   #1313
poppypetal
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berlioz70 View Post
See this post regarding colors and Tinker Bell: post #1298

I'm not sure when we'll see the new look, I'm told it looks like a cross between the cursed pirate and the mermaid.
This is hilarious about Tink.. I'm not sure she will hold up well, she is only 3 - there could be alot of feisty come out of my little redhead hopefully they keep it to a minimum if she wears the costume during make up
Old 08-14-2012, 12:37 PM   #1314
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berlioz70 View Post
Oooh, this sounds interesting ... and perfect for upcoming Halloween parties.
Old 08-19-2012, 08:45 AM   #1315
jcjen519
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopybabe View Post
We did Pirates 7/12 with Photopass + with 5 young adults.

2. While they were scheduled 10 minutes apart with 2, 2, & 1 we were all able to go back at the same time including this DM DA & DU. It was so much fun watching them be done up.

1. Because I had Photopass + I got one copy printed out of their individual photosesion whichI shared with my DSIL. They took all 5 of them into the room togehter. At the front of the pirates league they said they weren't included but when I showed them my pass where you purchase the photos at the end of the session they said they were & we got them Please just make sure you have your photopass + lanyard with you. You do need to stop at the photo place at the front of the park to get them added but its easy to do.

Also if you go back for the parade later in the day They take lots more photos of them. Have a great time
I'm new to doing this photo pass thing. Do I need to purchase something before I leave or just use the photopass card and then buy packages/pictures later in order to put the pirate league pictures on there? I am having trouble figuring this out on the site.

thanks for any help

2015March- 6 days AKV-CL spring break 2014: December: YC CL, 12/12 dream concierge, 10 days AKV-CL July: 4 days boardwalk villas/Boardwalk Inn club level June -1 day OKW, 8 days GF RPC May - 4 days GF RPC march-April - 10 days Poly cl/ 2013: Bay Lake Tower TPV, fantasy concierge, bc cl, poly cl (2x), gf sl, vero beach resort 2012 - Vero beach resort, OKW, Poly cl (too many to count before that)
Husband, myself and 4 year old son
jcjen519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 10:02 AM   #1316
DisneyBabies
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcjen519 View Post
I'm new to doing this photo pass thing. Do I need to purchase something before I leave or just use the photopass card and then buy packages/pictures later in order to put the pirate league pictures on there? I am having trouble figuring this out on the site.

thanks for any help
Ok. The "regular" Photopass and the Photopass+ are two different things. Here is a simple breakdown:

"regular" Photopass: you go up to any photographer in the parks and ask them to take a picture; they will then give you a photopass card that you use with all the other photographers around the park. At the end of your vivit, all your photos will be associated with that card and you can look them up online and buy prints etc. If you want the PL photo package, you would have to buy that separately and once you get home you can upload the other photos using the photocode on the edge of the photo itself.

Photopass+: You pre-purchase this before you go on your trip or you can purchase it when you get there. This entitles you to a CD with ALL the photos that were taken by the photopass photographers, a gallery CD of stock disney photos, ride photos for specific rides, dining photo packages from specific dining locations, and PL photo packages for one price. You can use the CD to make prints at home or at a store of your choice. The extra PL photos can be uploaded to your card the same as the "regular" photopass.

Hope this helps!

Me DH DS10 DD8 DD 22mo Oreo Harry Reeses Pieces (I need a Guinea Pig smilie!)

BCR April 2007 - 3rd Anniversary w/DH
CBR Pirate Room February 2009 - DS's 5th B-day w/DH & DS
POP March 2010 - 6th Anniversary w/DH
ASMusic Suite February 2011 - DD's 5th B-day w/DH & DD
AoA Nemo Suite October 2015 - MNSSHP w/DH, DS & DD
DisneyBabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 02:21 PM   #1317
TheRatPack
Under penalty of law this tag not to be removed except by the tagfairy!

Photopass + PreOrder Offer $169.95

And here is a link that explains a bit about it, although looks like DisneyBabies covered it pretty well Mousesavers This is a great site to read about it as well: WDWInfo PhotoPass

And the PreOrder for the regular Photopass for 119.95 (plus tax and shipping, it will be 169.95 after your vacation): http://www.disneyphotopass.com/previsitoffer.aspx

TheRatPack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 08:28 AM   #1318
A MK Family
Mouseketeer

I have booked this for the 10/31 to prep for our MNSSHP!! I booked before I knew it was open for MNSSHP, but my DDs are going for after 3pm. I am so excited. I wish I could do my 15mth old, it would be adorable, next time! Now I just have to get them to decide between empress and mermaid...

If we wait to get costumes on our appointments for halloween what are the chances of them being sold out of the costumes?

A MK Family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 11:50 AM   #1319
Marshay

Quote:
Originally Posted by A MK Family View Post
I have booked this for the 10/31 to prep for our MNSSHP!! I booked before I knew it was open for MNSSHP, but my DDs are going for after 3pm. I am so excited. I wish I could do my 15mth old, it would be adorable, next time! Now I just have to get them to decide between empress and mermaid...

If we wait to get costumes on our appointments for halloween what are the chances of them being sold out of the costumes?
Oooh I would not wait for your costume on that day (unless they allow you to pay in advance and hold it for you...but even then, I'd be worried).

I can see girls who may not have worn costumes to the park, wanting to now wear a costume after seeing everyone else in costume and buying one...or someone's costume gets ruined or tears or something and the parents buying a new costume for them.

I would definitely buy a costume either earlier in the week or bring one down with you, just to be sure that she gets to wear one.

Good luck!
Old 08-22-2012, 07:17 PM   #1320
A MK Family
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshay

Oooh I would not wait for your costume on that day (unless they allow you to pay in advance and hold it for you...but even then, I'd be worried).

I can see girls who may not have worn costumes to the park, wanting to now wear a costume after seeing everyone else in costume and buying one...or someone's costume gets ruined or tears or something and the parents buying a new costume for them.

I would definitely buy a costume either earlier in the week or bring one down with you, just to be sure that she gets to wear one.

Good luck!
I was thinking the same, I just wasn't sure if the PL has a separate 'stock' of costumes that the may have but I think I will bring some just incase. I just can't get them to decide mermaid or Empress! I wish they had Izzy!

A MK Family is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: