Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-08-2012, 02:00 PM   #1291
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillmc40
I am trying to find a picture of the mermaid transformation...I checked page one and only saw the official picture, but I want a real life picture or someone to share the experience. I didn't read every single page but I scanned and didn't see anything. Forget the scary one...There is no way dd5 would go for that
I'll be posting later today or next. Just got to upload from camera. I will tell you that the photos dont do it justice. The Mermaid look is Fantastic! Lots of details. I had Nyna do it for my Dd7 and she was fabulous. I highly recommend her.

We also came back for the parade and it so cute! Then we stayed for Cap'n Jack and it was so neat with all the pirate and mermaid transformations.
Marshay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 08:50 PM   #1292
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!

Mermaid Transformation

Jillmc -- here are some pics of the Mermaid Transformation. I will be posting the entire event on my TR (see link in siggie) but it'll be Day 3 of the trip.

Makeup first being applied after nails were done and drying.

Scales being done. This was actually a mistake that I just so happened to catch on my camera. The "scales" are supposed to lay flat on the skin and then you apply makeup to them. However, they got loose and popped up just as I took the picture. But it's perfect to see how they apply them!

Face is nearly done.

Glitter added to face, lips have lip stick, you get a necklace and hair flower that both change color in the sun. As you can see, from even just a little bit afar, the detail of the makeup is lost. However, up close, you can see all the scales and details.

A closeup of the hair flower. My daughter LOVED, LOVED, LOVED the necklace and flower. We got the blue necklace and pink flower but others got the orange flower.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-08-2012, 08:57 PM   #1293
Marshay

Pirate Parade

And here are some pictures from the Pirate Parade and show. I would HIGHLY recommend doing this. It was fun for both parents and the kids.

The kids march along holding a rope and are chanting all the way. They start at the Pirate stage, go through the gift shop and then pose for pictures before going back to the stage to watch the show.

Here is a picture of all the little pirates and mermaids. A PhotoPass photographer takes pictures of the parade and show, too. (I just don't have those pics back yet).

There were only two Mermaids in the parade this day. As you can see the Mermaid sash is light blue/green.

Once the show starts, Jack will pick kids from the audience. For our show I think he picked 3 kids that had done the Pirates League and one kids that had not. At the end nearly all the kids are invited up to the stage and will get a certificate.
Old 08-08-2012, 08:59 PM   #1294
Marshay

I forgot, you also get to take the leftover nail polish and makeup home.

ETA -- they actually don't use this makeup but a general makeup for all mermaids. So you'll take this home unused. The nail polish is what is left over, which is nice b/c you can do touchups when needed.

Last edited by Marshay; 08-08-2012 at 10:04 PM.
Old 08-08-2012, 09:05 PM   #1295
Marshay

Compared to the original official announcement for the Mermaid Transformation, my DD didn't have as much white makeup...I'm not sure if they changed it over the years or if Nyna just liked to use more of the blues and greens. (See 1st post for photo with more white makeup).
Old 08-08-2012, 09:09 PM   #1296
poppypetal
Mouseketeer

Thanks for posting this. Looks like she had a great time. My daughters are so excited to do this.
One wants to order a mermaid costume ,and the other a Tinkerbell so hopefully it still all goes lol..

Do they only do one set of colors for the mermaid, or could we ask for one more with greens, for the tink costume, and one more blue for the mermaid?
Old 08-08-2012, 10:10 PM   #1297
Marshay

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppypetal View Post
Thanks for posting this. Looks like she had a great time. My daughters are so excited to do this.
One wants to order a mermaid costume ,and the other a Tinkerbell so hopefully it still all goes lol..

Do they only do one set of colors for the mermaid, or could we ask for one more with greens, for the tink costume, and one more blue for the mermaid?
Your welcome! It was a great experience. When I booked I wasn't exactly sure what to expect but was much pleased with the whole thing. Now they will try to "upsell" you while you are there (costumes, pirate toys, etc) and the single picture is like $16 but the place where they take the photo has all pirate gear and didn't seem really appropriate for the Mermaid, so I didn't get it. Instead I found a PP outside to take some photos, too.

Although I don't know for sure, I'm sure you could just ask your Pirate CM to add more blues or greens. The color palettes they work with also have red, brown, white, etc. No one is there in a managerial role playing guard to make sure all the makeup is the same.

That said, I could see how Disney may want to keep it all "the same", so they may have to officially say no (but your CM may just happen to add the green a bit darker, ya know?)
Old 08-09-2012, 08:11 AM   #1298
Berlioz70
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppypetal View Post
They do only allow the blues, it's a copyrighted look.

You will see other colors available on their palette, but those are for the Empress.

Be warned, Tinker Bell is the sworn enemy of the Pirates (they have her smashed in the wall in the back area that they can point out if you'd like). If your DD is strong and stands up to the pirates she'll be fine. But if she breaks down after a little teasing, then you may want to reevaluate dressing her up as Tink.

She will likely be called things like: Stinker Bell, Stinky Tinky among other things.
Old 08-09-2012, 08:52 AM   #1299
Marshay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berlioz70 View Post
They do only allow the blues, it's a copyrighted look.

You will see other colors available on their palette, but those are for the Empress.

Be warned, Tinker Bell is the sworn enemy of the Pirates (they have her smashed in the wall in the back area that they can point out if you'd like). If your DD is strong and stands up to the pirates she'll be fine. But if she breaks down after a little teasing, then you may want to reevaluate dressing her up as Tink.

She will likely be called things like: Stinker Bell, Stinky Tinky among other things.
That's actually pretty funny! I wish I knew about the smashed T-Bell!

Now my DD7 did have to say an oath not to harm or kill the pirates!! I had warned her ahead of time that pirates and mermaids do not get along, based on the PoC movies (which she is too little to see). So she had fun knowing that the pirates may be scared of her!
Old 08-09-2012, 09:39 AM   #1300
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Berlioz70, any idea if the would extend the scales for the mermaid just a bit lower? I am worried that DD's glasses will cover up a lot of the look.

Does anyone have experience with kids with glasses doing PL?
smitch425 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 10:44 AM   #1301
jillmc40
Mouseketeer

I love all of these pictures, thank you so much! I had bought my dd5 an Ariel costume a while ago at the Disney Store on clearance so I think this will look great! It is a surprise, I hope she likes it
jillmc40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 12:21 PM   #1302
Gorechick
DIS Veteran

I already have PL booked and DD is probably getting Empress because it will match her costume better. Please tell me I shouldn't book another appt to get mermaid too
DTD-Courtyard by Marriott August 1997
Wilderness Lodge Honeymoon August 2002
Port Orleans- French Quarter Anniversary (AND Hurricane Charley) August 2004
Port Orleans- Riverside Royal Room- 10th Anniversary and First Trip with Twins August 2012
Future trips on hold due to DS8's leukemia diagnosis

Me (43) DH (40) DS (8) DD (8)

Waiting impatiently for our next family WDW trip!
Gorechick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 10:16 PM   #1303
Marshay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorechick
I already have PL booked and DD is probably getting Empress because it will match her costume better. Please tell me I shouldn't book another appt to get mermaid too
Save one for your next trip ;-)
Old 08-12-2012, 09:15 PM   #1304
hbr03
Earning My Ears

Marshay, your DD is beautiful! Thanks for sharing your pics. We're signed up for PL, too, right before MNSSHP. DD8 loves mermaids and can't wait to go. Did they send the mesh used for the scales home with you, too?

Quick question on our res... Should I have received an email confirmation? I do have the conf number from calling. Thanks!

hbr03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 09:23 PM   #1305
poppypetal
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbr03 View Post
Marshay, your DD is beautiful! Thanks for sharing your pics. We're signed up for PL, too, right before MNSSHP. DD8 loves mermaids and can't wait to go. Did they send the mesh used for the scales home with you, too?

Quick question on our res... Should I have received an email confirmation? I do have the conf number from calling. Thanks!
I did not receive an email either... Just the code they gave me on the phone.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: