Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-06-2010, 06:01 PM   #91
Berlioz70
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tink,too View Post
Any update on this? Any confirmation if the hours have been extended on MNSSHP nights?
It looks like a glitch in the reservation system. They have still not decided if they are going to be open late for parties, but the system is allowing DRC to book reservations. I think they would like to stay open, but at this time there is not enough staffing to do so. It'll probably be awhile before a final decision can be made.
Old 06-06-2010, 06:05 PM   #92
bibbidibobbidibecky
The Fairy Godblogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berlioz70 View Post
It looks like a glitch in the reservation system. They have still not decided if they are going to be open late for parties, but the system is allowing DRC to book reservations. I think they would like to stay open, but at this time there is not enough staffing to do so. It'll probably be awhile before a final decision can be made.
I made a reservation yesterday for 5 p.m. on Oct. 7...a party night. Will someone let me know if it gets canceled? I will try to get him an earlier reservation if so...but we will be so sad. It seemed like a perfect set-up for right before the party.

I should add that the CM making my reservation said there was a note on her computer that said the league had extended hours on specially ticketed nights...or something like that. At first she didn't think she could make one past 3:30 and was surprised she was able to and then read that note to me and said she was glad to know it.

DCL: 2014 Greek Isles out of Venice, 2011 Med out of Barcelona, 2009 4-night Wonder.
WDW: 2014 Jan., 2012 Oct., 2011 Oct., 2010 Oct., 2009 Dec., 2008 Oct., 2008 May, 2006 Oct., 1997 April, 1996 April, 1993 Feb., 1992 Feb., 1980s various trips, 1977 First trip.
DL California 2012: http://thefairygodblogger.blogspot.c...0Report%202012
DL Paris 2014
: http://thefairygodblogger.blogspot.c...eyland%20Paris

Last edited by bibbidibobbidibecky; 06-06-2010 at 06:09 PM. Reason: more info
bibbidibobbidibecky is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-08-2010, 09:40 PM   #93
Noelle Luvs Disney
Mouseketeer

OK, I just HAD to come on here & post about our experience at the Pirate's League. Last year, we did BBB on our trip & my youngest daughter really wanted to go back, but since my son went to BBB & got the "Cool Dude" last year, I thought it was only fair that we do the pirate's league this time. My oldest daughter & my son were totally excited about it, but my youngest daughter cried. Well, after their experience, even my youngest daughter said that the Pirate's League was her favorite thing from the entire trip & was much, much better than BBB.

The CMs here are so amazing - so nice & sweet to the kids - in character the entire time & so funny. The girl who checked us in & got the kids their "pirate names" decided how to match the kids up with the CMs & she was spot on - my oldest daughter got the "crazy CM" & my oldest is such a ham herself that she totally loved this. My youngest is a girly girl & was matched up with the sweetest CM. My son is SUPER shy & his CM joked around with him the whole time but was also very aware of how shy my son is & so he didn't come on too strong, but was just very sweet & silly with him. My son didn't say a lot during the experience b/c he is so shy, but he can't stop talking about it ever since. Also, ALL of the CMs made a big deal about the fact that he was wearing pirate crocs & he got a kick out of that.

I can not stress enough how worth the $$$ this experience is. My husband & I couldn't have been happier with our experience. My youngest lost her earring about 20 minutes after we left & I walked back in and told them & they replaced it - no charge.

OH - and I am SO glad that Brenna mentioned somewhere (either on this thread or somewhere else on the dis) about using shaving cream to remove the eye makeup for the skeleton face - NOTHING else would take it off - make up remover, eye cleanser, baby wipes - it wouldn't budge & then I remembered about the shaving cream & it worked! Thank goodness - we had breakfast reservations the next morning & the "black eye" look wouldn't have worked!

Some pics:

Getting their pirate name:

Getting made over:

Taking the pirate pledge:

With their CMs:

Sword Fighting:

With Pirate Goofy:

At the pirate tutorial with Jack Sparrow:

Sorry for so many pictures - with three kids it was hard to narrow the pics down & still show how cool this experience was!

May 2010 Contemporary * December 2009 for MVMCP * May 2009 Port Orleans Riverside * September 2008 Port Orleans Riverside * March 2008 - Off Property * September 2007 All Star Sports * April 2006 - All Star Movies * May 2004 Off Property ~many childhood trips~
Noelle Luvs Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 01:52 PM   #94
tink,too
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bibbidibobbidibecky View Post
I made a reservation yesterday for 5 p.m. on Oct. 7...a party night. Will someone let me know if it gets canceled? I will try to get him an earlier reservation if so...but we will be so sad. It seemed like a perfect set-up for right before the party.

I should add that the CM making my reservation said there was a note on her computer that said the league had extended hours on specially ticketed nights...or something like that.
Here's hoping you get to keep your ressie. I will probably try calling later tonight to try to get a ressie for our DD for our MNSSHP night.

I'll update if I have any success.
tink,too is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 02:04 PM   #95
tink,too
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noelle Luvs Disney View Post
OK, I just HAD to come on here & post about our experience at the Pirate's League.

Sorry for so many pictures - with three kids it was hard to narrow the pics down & still show how cool this experience was!
Please do not apologise for sharing those awesome photos - it helps the rest of us with our planning! You can really tell by your children's expressions that they had a fabulous time!
tink,too is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 04:41 PM   #96
Berlioz70
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noelle Luvs Disney View Post
OH - and I am SO glad that Brenna mentioned somewhere (either on this thread or somewhere else on the dis) about using shaving cream to remove the eye makeup for the skeleton face - NOTHING else would take it off - make up remover, eye cleanser, baby wipes - it wouldn't budge & then I remembered about the shaving cream & it worked!
What a wonderful review - I shared your picture with the Pirates. Glad to know the shaving cream worked out. I have personally never tried it, but some of the male pirates swore by it!!

Quote:
Here's hoping you get to keep your ressie. I will probably try calling later tonight to try to get a ressie for our DD for our MNSSHP night.

I'll update if I have any success.
As far as I know they are continuing to book reservations up to 7:10 (I tried to book a couple in the system and it allowed me to). I contacted the Manager to see if she knew or could give me any information that I can share - still have not heard back. If anything, book it at the later time and if it doesn't work someone will contact you!
Old 06-09-2010, 06:50 PM   #97
LovesHerTaurus
LovesHerTaurus

Captain's package

Has anyone got any information on the "Captain" options - $125 including costume? I signed myself my fiance and my two daughters (10 and 12) to do this together, but I haven't seen ANY info on it anywhere!? Is this really new? The CM told me we had our choice of any costume with the package!

8/15/10 - First trip to WDW - ASMu AND 8/16/10 - Getting married ABOVE Disney World!
LovesHerTaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 08:36 PM   #98
Berlioz70
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovesHerTaurus View Post
Has anyone got any information on the "Captain" options - $125 including costume? I signed myself my fiance and my two daughters (10 and 12) to do this together, but I haven't seen ANY info on it anywhere!? Is this really new? The CM told me we had our choice of any costume with the package!

The Captain's package was discontinued earlier this year. There is only one package available ($29.95), with the option to add on the costume. See the first post for options.
Old 06-09-2010, 09:20 PM   #99
2littleprincesses
DIS Veteran

Sorry for so many pictures - with three kids it was hard to narrow the pics down & still show how cool this experience was![/QUOTE]

Thanks so much for the pics!!! They were great. Where did you get the costumes for the girls? thansk!!!

1st DCL cruise Magic--Western 3/19/2011!
DLR/CA coast trip 2014
2littleprincesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 07:31 AM   #100
Noelle Luvs Disney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Please do not apologise for sharing those awesome photos - it helps the rest of us with our planning! You can really tell by your children's expressions that they had a fabulous time!
Awww, thanks! Yes, they did!!!!

May 2010 Contemporary * December 2009 for MVMCP * May 2009 Port Orleans Riverside * September 2008 Port Orleans Riverside * March 2008 - Off Property * September 2007 All Star Sports * April 2006 - All Star Movies * May 2004 Off Property ~many childhood trips~
Old 06-10-2010, 07:32 AM   #101
Noelle Luvs Disney
Mouseketeer

[QUOTE=Berlioz70;36943955]What a wonderful review - I shared your picture with the Pirates.

Oh, wonderful! They were just amazing!

Old 06-10-2010, 07:36 AM   #102
Noelle Luvs Disney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2littleprincesses View Post

Thanks so much for the pics!!! They were great. Where did you get the costumes for the girls? thansk!!!
Thank you! My oldest daughter's costume is one we bought a few years ago from Kmart for a Pirate Party. We added those straps b/c the off-the-shoulder part didn't want to stay in place and could be a bit revealing when she moved sometimes. My youngest daughter didn't want to do the Pirate's League unless I found her a pink pirate costume I think I bought it at buycostumes dot com. I waited until I had an online coupon & I think I got 15% off. I also bought my oldest daughter's necklace & bracelet (skulls) there. She thought they were cool! Of course, I didn't realize that they got a bracelet at the PL, but it's still nice to have the accessories in case the kids need to dress up another time.

Old 06-10-2010, 08:32 AM   #103
thecapells
Disney Dad

Pirate Goofy

I had heard there was a new Pirate Goofy meet.
He looks great!

Is he only for guests who use the Pirates League?
Or can anyone swing by for a picture?
And where exactly is he located?
thecapells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 10:45 AM   #104
Noelle Luvs Disney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecapells View Post
I had heard there was a new Pirate Goofy meet.
He looks great!

Is he only for guests who use the Pirates League?
Or can anyone swing by for a picture?
And where exactly is he located?
He's for everyone! He was right next to the entrance to PL, which is right next to the PoC ride & gift shop!

Old 06-10-2010, 07:33 PM   #105
brandym
Mouseketeer

We had a FANTASTIC time yesterday!! Really, it was a ton of fun!! I had Lonnie..who was hilarious, and my one son had Sonia who was great too.

Because I was getting done, I missed the names of our other two piratea ...Brenna?? My DD"s pirate was FABULOUS with her. He was excellent....as was Len at the door. And the pirate who did our namings..

(can't remember her name eithr)

EDITED TO ADD; we used pond's cold cream to get the boney makeup off

Wife to Rich mom to Andy (9) Kenny (8) and Katie (5)
brandym is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: