Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 05-23-2010, 08:04 AM   #76
Atchley
"Bedsheets? Who invited that kid?"
 
Atchley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Indiana
Posts: 2,012

DS did TPL last trip. The cast members were fantastic. While my son was being made into a pirate, another pirate cast member asked my daughter if she would like to dance. DD said no, so he turned to me. Wanting to show my DD that it was all in fun, I stood up and Mr. Pirate and I danced around the room several times. The funniest part. DH didn't even notice. He was so concentrating on DS so much, completely missed that part. Didn't even get a picture of us.
DD and DS are both going back this year for "makeovers".
__________________
Atchley 16 15

May 28/May 31 2015-CBR May 31/June 6-AKV May 30/31 2013-ASMo May31/June 8 2013-AKVJune 6/9 2012-CBRJune 9/16 2012-VWL
Sept 4/11 2010-BLTSept 3/8 2009-PORJuly 17/25 2009-WLJuly 19/26 2008-WL July 15/22 2006-CBR July 20/26 2003-ASMo
Atchley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 10:56 AM   #77
tarcc
Mouseketeer
 
tarcc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Nottingham, UK
Posts: 246

So happy, i managed to get DS a reservation for Oct 21st, the day we go to MNSSHP
__________________
tarcc is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 05-23-2010, 01:26 PM   #78
Scrappy_Tink
DIS Veteran
 
Scrappy_Tink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Colorful Colorado!
Posts: 4,730

I look funky in a bandanda...do they have the headband with the beads option available, like what the CM is wearing?
__________________

Scrappy_Tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 05:45 PM   #79
Berlioz70
DIS Veteran
 
Berlioz70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 6,595

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrappy_Tink View Post
I look funky in a bandanda...do they have the headband with the beads option available, like what the CM is wearing?
Afraid not, those are CM exclusive (but people do ask for them a lot).
__________________
CHARACTER WEBSITE/PHOTOS:
WDWCharacterHunt UOCharacterHunt On Facebook
Berlioz70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 10:30 AM   #80
bib-bob-boo
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 6

Photos for Five

My husband and four children (3 teen boys and a 10-year old daughter) will be doing this in June. I was thinking of purchasing the pre-paid Photo Pass. When their Pirate League photos are taken, is it possible to have a group picture as well as individual photos taken? Also, if I have to purchase a photo, will I have to purchase just one photo before they add all others to the photo pass, or would I have to purchase one phote for each ( 5 x $15 = $75) before they'd add the rest to the photo pass? Any suggestions for teens doing this? I think they will come with the right attitude and have fun.
bib-bob-boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 10:03 PM   #81
Berlioz70
DIS Veteran
 
Berlioz70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 6,595

Quote:
Originally Posted by bib-bob-boo View Post
My husband and four children (3 teen boys and a 10-year old daughter) will be doing this in June. I was thinking of purchasing the pre-paid Photo Pass. When their Pirate League photos are taken, is it possible to have a group picture as well as individual photos taken? Also, if I have to purchase a photo, will I have to purchase just one photo before they add all others to the photo pass, or would I have to purchase one phote for each ( 5 x $15 = $75) before they'd add the rest to the photo pass? Any suggestions for teens doing this? I think they will come with the right attitude and have fun.
You have to purchase one photo per ticket. So if you're paying for everyone together, you just have to purchase one picture then the rest will be placed on the photo pass.

The lighting for the portrait is only designed for one person. They will sometimes allow a group picture, but additional faces will be dark so it doesn't work very well.
__________________
CHARACTER WEBSITE/PHOTOS:
WDWCharacterHunt UOCharacterHunt On Facebook
Berlioz70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 05:59 PM   #82
grace&philipsmom
DIS Veteran
 
grace&philipsmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,396

Just wanted to let everyone know that they must have extended hours before MNSSHP. I just called this afternoon and booked a 6:00pm appointment for my 2 kids before the November 1 MNSSHP.
__________________
grace&philipsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 06:09 PM   #83
Berlioz70
DIS Veteran
 
Berlioz70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 6,595

Quote:
Originally Posted by grace&philipsmom View Post
Just wanted to let everyone know that they must have extended hours before MNSSHP. I just called this afternoon and booked a 6:00pm appointment for my 2 kids before the November 1 MNSSHP.
If they did no one told the Pirates.
__________________
CHARACTER WEBSITE/PHOTOS:
WDWCharacterHunt UOCharacterHunt On Facebook
Berlioz70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 06:19 PM   #84
grace&philipsmom
DIS Veteran
 
grace&philipsmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,396

Oh don't tell me it is a mistake! I requested a later time and the CM on the phone told me she could book until after 7pm! Do you think I should call back? I left a CC# and she gave me a confirmation #.
__________________
grace&philipsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 06:25 PM   #85
Berlioz70
DIS Veteran
 
Berlioz70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 6,595

Quote:
Originally Posted by grace&philipsmom View Post
Oh don't tell me it is a mistake! I requested a later time and the CM on the phone told me she could book until after 7pm! Do you think I should call back? I left a CC# and she gave me a confirmation #.
I hope it's not a mistake, being open to 7 on party nights would be great! But for your sanity I would double check... let us know what they say!
__________________
CHARACTER WEBSITE/PHOTOS:
WDWCharacterHunt UOCharacterHunt On Facebook
Berlioz70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 01:23 PM   #86
caravarela
Mouseketeer
 
caravarela's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 347

So excited, just booked PL for my son @3:30 on 12/2, while DD has BBB at 4. At 5:30, we have dinner at CRT, followed by MVMCP! What a great night!!

Can anyone tell me what the Brigade thing is at 4, and will my DS be able to participate if his appt is at 3:30 or will they still be working on him?

Thanks!
__________________
Me- , DH- , DS9 , DD7

Nov/Dec 08: Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa
Nov/Dec 09: Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa
Nov/Dec 10: 2Nights CSR, 7Nights Polynesian
Nov/Dec 11: Coronado Springs "Surprise the kids" trip
Nov/Dec 12: Coronado Springs
November 13: Caribbean Beach Pirate Room
November 14: Coronado Springs
caravarela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 06:19 PM   #87
Britgirlus
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 438

My son did this last week - we didn't plan it, but went by the Pirate's League first thing (after eating at the Crystal Palace at 8.15am) - I was expecting to have to come back later, but they took him right in He was thrilled and had a blast - I would definitely recommend it ! Pirate Lonnie was great !



Britgirlus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 09:53 PM   #88
Berlioz70
DIS Veteran
 
Berlioz70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 6,595

Quote:
Originally Posted by caravarela View Post
So excited, just booked PL for my son @3:30 on 12/2, while DD has BBB at 4. At 5:30, we have dinner at CRT, followed by MVMCP! What a great night!!

Can anyone tell me what the Brigade thing is at 4, and will my DS be able to participate if his appt is at 3:30 or will they still be working on him?

Thanks!
Check out this video.

3:30 will be a little tight for the Brigade. The average time for the experience is closer to 45 min, and sometimes there's a wait before getting started which can push back that time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britgirlus View Post
My son did this last week - we didn't plan it, but went by the Pirate's League first thing (after eating at the Crystal Palace at 8.15am) - I was expecting to have to come back later, but they took him right in He was thrilled and had a blast - I would definitely recommend it ! Pirate Lonnie was great !
Excellent! I shared your images with Lonnie!
__________________
CHARACTER WEBSITE/PHOTOS:
WDWCharacterHunt UOCharacterHunt On Facebook
Berlioz70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 10:43 PM   #89
adsrtw
DIS Veteran
 
adsrtw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Southern Indiana
Posts: 2,788

I can't wait to do this with my kids in September. Looking for a costume now!
__________________
~Amiee, Mom to: DS11 DD7 DChihuahua 4 Princess Half 2012 - Ready to sing loud and off key with Team Goddess
adsrtw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 02:26 PM   #90
tink,too
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Scotland
Posts: 4,748

Quote:
Originally Posted by grace&philipsmom View Post
Just wanted to let everyone know that they must have extended hours before MNSSHP. I just called this afternoon and booked a 6:00pm appointment for my 2 kids before the November 1 MNSSHP.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berlioz70 View Post
If they did no one told the Pirates.
Any update on this? Any confirmation if the hours have been extended on MNSSHP nights?
tink,too is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pirates League thread...and a 50% discount if you call? Sea-Donkey Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies 3 12-15-2009 10:16 PM
edit XxCuriosityxX<3 Teen Disney 32 08-05-2007 11:04 AM
OFFICIAL Pirates 3 Thread TwinMom7 Community Board 154 06-03-2007 08:33 PM
the official pirates of the carribean thread BAMBIFOREVER Teen Disney 3 10-19-2006 01:39 PM
the official pirates of the carribean thread BAMBIFOREVER Teen Disney 23 08-12-2006 02:19 AM

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:06 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: