Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-16-2011, 02:21 AM   #811
Jordicia
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyG11 View Post
Hey Jordicia,

Good advice from belleatheart! She rocks! Also, keep calling!!!!!!!!!!!! I didn't think there was a chance of getting a ressie, but hey, it happened! Don't give up......IT WILL HAPPEN!

I got one!!! Well 2 actually which was a lovely bonus as now my little girl can have a go too. We will have 2 new pirates at 2.50 on 21st October

Thank you for your helpful post, I wouldn't have tried again if you hadn't said to
Jordicia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 01:47 PM   #812
BobbyG11
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by belleatheart View Post
Oh yay, that is so exciting!!! I am so excited, I sure hope I get to help you become a pirate! The pirates name is all a secret til it happens, though I can tell you, your name will suit you
The mystery...the intrigue!!!!! What fun. I can't wait. I too hope you get to induct us into the league. See you soon! Thanks again for all the help!

Bobby G
Mar 1990 CBR-Honeymoon
ME (Lost count after 25!)(We lived in Fl)
BobbyG11 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-16-2011, 01:51 PM   #813
BobbyG11
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordicia View Post
I got one!!! Well 2 actually which was a lovely bonus as now my little girl can have a go too. We will have 2 new pirates at 2.50 on 21st October

Thank you for your helpful post, I wouldn't have tried again if you hadn't said to
YES!!! That's awesome! I'm so happy for you and your kids. You gotta post some pics! Tell the pirates I'll be reporting for duty on the 6th! Congrats again, and HAVE FUN!!!!!!!!!

BobbyG
Mar 1990 CBR-Honeymoon
ME (Lost count after 25!)(We lived in Fl)
BobbyG11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 07:34 PM   #814
gfamluvsdisney
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewerstruly View Post
I'm sad to say that we may be cancelling our appts for the 27th of Oct. I've been looking forward to this for many months and have sewn our family of 5 all matching Disney-themed pirate costumes that are so darn cute. But, we will only be in Florida for one day. We have our MNSSHP tickets, which means we can enter the park at 4 pm. Our PL appts are beginning just after 2 pm. So, to do this, we'd have to buy over $400 in extra park tickets for just our pirates league experience from 2-4pm or so, plus the cost of the pirates league. We're trying to decide if it's worth nearly $600 to do this. My heart is broken over it. If I do cancel, I'll post here and let you know, give a heads up for anyone needing an appt. on that day. And, either way, I'll post a photo of the pirate costumes I worked so hard on.
When you make your decision would you please inbox me? And if you do decide to cancel could you let me know before you do it? I have been trying to get two or three appts. for my children that day 2pm or later. I truly feel bad if you can't make it though! I hope that you are able to make the best decision for you and your family

December 1989- offsite May 2007- offsite March 2008- POR February 2009- offsite October 2011- Polynesian
gfamluvsdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 02:47 PM   #815
Chicago Mo
DIS Veteran

has the process changed in getting names? we were there last year and my triplets were scheduled. well one chickened out..
as for the names yes it is surprising magical. they still ended up with the same last names!!

I requested a certain pirate(s) to do the transformation would you actually get them? im there Nov 16th for two out of triplets. DD wants pixi dust from the barber.
Chicago Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 03:08 PM   #816
t_catt11
Pin Trading Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by belleatheart View Post
Haha, if I was, no need to apologize, honestly all the kids squinch up their little eyes when we say close them. We have all gotten good at coaxing them to relax and act like they are sleeping. The amount of kids I have had actually fall asleep is huge haha!!!! I love all my pirates not matter what happens, they always do something that makes my heart go ahhh
I'm betting that it wasn't you, then. My little one kept squinching up, but my older boy kept giggling every time his pirate master came close to his mouth with the black makeup... to the point that she actually had someone else come over to see if they could have better luck with his nonsense. This after the chore of him and his silly refusal to take his baseball cap off!

Again, sorry to the short, outspoken brunette pirate master that had to deal with him!
Old 10-17-2011, 03:26 PM   #817
Berlioz70
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago Mo View Post
has the process changed in getting names? we were there last year and my triplets were scheduled. well one chickened out..
as for the names yes it is surprising magical. they still ended up with the same last names!!

I requested a certain pirate(s) to do the transformation would you actually get them? im there Nov 16th for two out of triplets. DD wants pixi dust from the barber.
The process is still the same.

You are welcome to request a pirate... but sometimes it can take a little longer if that Pirate Master is with another recruit. Pirates do not paint everyday, so sometimes requests cannot be honored if they are performing a different role.
Old 10-18-2011, 01:07 PM   #818
gonzo138
Mouseketeer

I have a 3 year old who likes Jake and the Neverland Pirates. She would like to be made up as a pirate. However, she is not into POTC at this age. Is Pirate's League something we should reserve for a future trip?

Thanks!
Stacey
gonzo138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 07:36 PM   #819
Berlioz70
DIS Veteran

Gonzo - when is your trip? A couple pages ago I talked about a Jake look coming to TPL, so depending on when your trip is, it may work out just fine.
Old 10-18-2011, 08:03 PM   #820
AllyElly
Earning My Ears

Jake look

My daughter did this in May and still talks about it, so I scheduled appointments for her and her cousins for our trip in January. Unfortunately my youngest son is 2 and couldn't participate so I did not make him an appointment. After reading about the Jake package for kids under 3 I was wondering if I could go ahead and schedule an appointment stating his age as 3 so he could join in the fun. He loves Jake so I think he would have a blast!
AllyElly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 10:42 PM   #821
belleatheart
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllyElly View Post
My daughter did this in May and still talks about it, so I scheduled appointments for her and her cousins for our trip in January. Unfortunately my youngest son is 2 and couldn't participate so I did not make him an appointment. After reading about the Jake package for kids under 3 I was wondering if I could go ahead and schedule an appointment stating his age as 3 so he could join in the fun. He loves Jake so I think he would have a blast!
Hello there, if the Jake package does come through then absolutely. I would make an appointment for him regardless. We are all very knowledgeable on Jake and NLP and have had many 2 year olds come in and get all the Pirate stuff just no pirate paint

Disney CM starting on 3/1/11!!!
belleatheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 03:26 AM   #822
AllyElly
Earning My Ears

Thanks! I will definitely call and try to add him to our appointment, I'm excited he gets to participate!
AllyElly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 08:03 PM   #823
ewerstruly
DIS Veteran

Hi there. I just wanted to share the pirate outfits I finished for our family of 5 to wear to the pirates league and MNSSHP ... since it looks like none of the pirate masters may get to see or meet us now (frown). I hate to give up our reservations. I called the very day my ADR window opened. So, gfamluvsdisney, we will likely cancel all of our 5 appts for October 27th. They begin at 2:20 and are back to back. I will let you know in the next day or so. If only we could get in for our 2:20 appt. with the MNSSHP tickets ... or if only party hours would have been extended. We were REALLY looking forward to this (my two youngest boys LOVE pirates and getting their faces painted) ... but it's just too much $$$, I think for the one day we'll be in Florida. 5 extra park tickets for us for just the 2-4 pm length of our pirate makeovers (we already bought party tickets) is really hard to swallow. Though very tempting. Anyway ... here's what I made for us ...

ewerstruly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 09:02 PM   #824
dia
Earning My Ears

Can anyone tell me what is the general tip/gratuity to give per pirate session? I have no idea....
dia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 09:03 PM   #825
dia
Earning My Ears

FABULOUS Costumes!!
dia is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: