Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-14-2011, 12:56 PM   #796
Chicago Mo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCGDisney View Post
I bought the vests, T-shirts, and sash from a halloween costume company and brought them with us.

I had a very hard time getting the black eye make up off. My older soon looked like he was wearing black eyeliner for most of our trip. I used soap & water, then actual make up remover to get most of it off and the rest just sort of wore off over a few days. It was really hard!

ETA: I just noticed you might have meant the sash across their chests not on their belts...that one was provided by the Pirate League. It was part of the gifts they gave them at the end...eye patch, sash, swords, gold necklace.
Yes i did mean the sash! they added the sash and the sword!!! OH i am even MORE excited for the boys to do it again!! Thank you TONS for the pictures! Same here,. My Son Zack walked around like a 80 hair band reject for a couple of days as well. but well worth it.

Chicago Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 06:54 PM   #797
dia
Earning My Ears

I don't know how booked the league is but I just cancelled for 2 ppl at 11:20 on Nov 10th and for 1 person on Nov 10th at 11:30am
dia is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-14-2011, 09:28 PM   #798
belleatheart
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyG11 View Post
Cool! I've been having trouble actually getting throught to make res., but hey, you CM's say dreams do come true, so it will all work out somehow. Either way, I thank you for your time and help, and in the event I don't get a reservation, I'll stop by to say hello (we will be at the MK 5,6 Nov). I'll be the 44 year old big kid (with an embarressed family in tow), looking for a little loud brunette pirate bopping all over.....and a toy pirate pistol! Thanks again!

Bobby
Hey, keep calling us back, and if you don't get a ressie come first thing in the morning, I should be there the 5th and 6th of Nov. Don't worry about being the big kid, I think my family gets embarrassed by me when I am in the parks because I get so wrapped up in the magic of it all. I will have your toy pirate pistol ready and waiting!!!

Disney CM starting on 3/1/11!!!
belleatheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 09:31 PM   #799
belleatheart
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwcraz View Post
We were there on Sept 23rd and my DD5 got made up.....Tell Nick Cannonball Maria Blaststriker from his hometown said hello. She always talks about him and how great of a time they had making fun of her Bippity Boppity princess sister (Since pirates don't like princesses). We had a great time and now my princess daughters wants to do it next year when we come back. Heck, I think I might do it also.

I will let nick know, haha he always loves to hear about his pirates when they are still talking when they get home!!!

Old 10-14-2011, 09:40 PM   #800
belleatheart
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by t_catt11 View Post
Your description matches the pirate master that had my goofy giggling son... if this WAS you, I apologize again!
Haha, if I was, no need to apologize, honestly all the kids squinch up their little eyes when we say close them. We have all gotten good at coaxing them to relax and act like they are sleeping. The amount of kids I have had actually fall asleep is huge haha!!!! I love all my pirates not matter what happens, they always do something that makes my heart go ahhh

Old 10-15-2011, 04:27 AM   #801
Jordicia
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by belleatheart View Post
Hey, keep calling us back, and if you don't get a ressie come first thing in the morning,
we are desperately trying to get our little boy who is 7 in on the 20th October, he is a huge potc fan and loves jack sparrow. We will be in magic kingdom for opening, where should we go to try and get a slot on the day. Thank you so much in advance x
Jordicia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 10:04 AM   #802
belleatheart
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordicia View Post
we are desperately trying to get our little boy who is 7 in on the 20th October, he is a huge potc fan and loves jack sparrow. We will be in magic kingdom for opening, where should we go to try and get a slot on the day. Thank you so much in advance x
Be at the Adventureland Bridge before rope drop, so at 9 am you are right there. There will be pirates there in the morning who are there to bring you back to the league. You will then come back to us and see if there is available time slots for the day

Old 10-15-2011, 10:16 AM   #803
BobbyG11
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Hey, keep calling us back, and if you don't get a ressie come first thing in the morning, I should be there the 5th and 6th of Nov. Don't worry about being the big kid, I think my family gets embarrassed by me when I am in the parks because I get so wrapped up in the magic of it all. I will have your toy pirate pistol ready and waiting!!!
Mickey Magic!? DW called last night and someone must have cancelled! Got 2 ressies for 1340 (sorry, 1:40 P.M.....retired Air Force...some habits are just hard to break) on 6 Nov!

Belleatheart, if there is any way you could do the honors for us, that would be cool! How early should we show up? What ever you tell me it will probably 15 minutes BEFORE that! Another habit I got while in the A.F.!

My DW still thinks it's weird I'm getting all excited about it, but hey, Disney is where the big kids can be...well...big kids right?

I'm the ham in the family so this should be fun! Hope to see you there!

Bobby
BobbyG11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 10:20 AM   #804
BobbyG11
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Be at the Adventureland Bridge before rope drop, so at 9 am you are right there. There will be pirates there in the morning who are there to bring you back to the league. You will then come back to us and see if there is available time slots for the day
Hey Jordicia,

Good advice from belleatheart! She rocks! Also, keep calling!!!!!!!!!!!! I didn't think there was a chance of getting a ressie, but hey, it happened! Don't give up......IT WILL HAPPEN!
Old 10-15-2011, 11:43 AM   #805
belleatheart
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Mickey Magic!? DW called last night and someone must have cancelled! Got 2 ressies for 1340 (sorry, 1:40 P.M.....retired Air Force...some habits are just hard to break) on 6 Nov!

Belleatheart, if there is any way you could do the honors for us, that would be cool! How early should we show up? What ever you tell me it will probably 15 minutes BEFORE that! Another habit I got while in the A.F.!

My DW still thinks it's weird I'm getting all excited about it, but hey, Disney is where the big kids can be...well...big kids right?

I'm the ham in the family so this should be fun! Hope to see you there!

Bobby
Yay!!! That is so awesome, if I am there that day, then I would be happy to make you part of the crew mate!!! I would say be there like 10 minutes early. By that point in the day we are bringing our new pirates into the league pretty much on time! I have to say I am big kid every day, so absolutely

Old 10-15-2011, 01:43 PM   #806
wildelady
Mouseketeer

So looking forward to getting thid for my ds who will be 8 in Dec 2012, do they change the hours over xmas, we will be there from the 18th for 10 days.

My photobucket site
wildelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 04:58 PM   #807
BobbyG11
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Yay!!! That is so awesome, if I am there that day, then I would be happy to make you part of the crew mate!!! I would say be there like 10 minutes early. By that point in the day we are bringing our new pirates into the league pretty much on time! I have to say I am big kid every day, so absolutely
Thanks again so much for your help. You rock! I've got my nephew reeling now. I told him I know one of the pirates! Kids are so cool! Thanks again and I hope to see you then.

BobbyG

P.S. How do you come up with the pirate names? Is it a secret?
Mar 1990 CBR-Honeymoon
ME (Lost count after 25!)(We lived in Fl)
Old 10-15-2011, 09:00 PM   #808
belleatheart
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildelady View Post
So looking forward to getting thid for my ds who will be 8 in Dec 2012, do they change the hours over xmas, we will be there from the 18th for 10 days.
So far we never have...but we are becoming more popular, the truth is you guys will probably know sooner than us, but get your ressies for us now!

Old 10-15-2011, 09:03 PM   #809
belleatheart
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Thanks again so much for your help. You rock! I've got my nephew reeling now. I told him I know one of the pirates! Kids are so cool! Thanks again and I hope to see you then.

BobbyG

P.S. How do you come up with the pirate names? Is it a secret?
Oh yay, that is so exciting!!! I am so excited, I sure hope I get to help you become a pirate! The pirates name is all a secret til it happens, though I can tell you, your name will suit you

Old 10-15-2011, 11:11 PM   #810
ewerstruly
DIS Veteran

I'm sad to say that we may be cancelling our appts for the 27th of Oct. I've been looking forward to this for many months and have sewn our family of 5 all matching Disney-themed pirate costumes that are so darn cute. But, we will only be in Florida for one day. We have our MNSSHP tickets, which means we can enter the park at 4 pm. Our PL appts are beginning just after 2 pm. So, to do this, we'd have to buy over $400 in extra park tickets for just our pirates league experience from 2-4pm or so, plus the cost of the pirates league. We're trying to decide if it's worth nearly $600 to do this. My heart is broken over it. If I do cancel, I'll post here and let you know, give a heads up for anyone needing an appt. on that day. And, either way, I'll post a photo of the pirate costumes I worked so hard on.
ewerstruly is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: