Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-2011, 09:07 PM   #766
kjh73
Mouseketeer

One thing the new price includes that the old price didn't is the photo....we just did the Pirates League 2 weeks ago and we paid extra for the photo. The pirate Leaque experince really was worth it, I thought that the $29 a child I paid was a good deal for what we got. Of course we paid the extra for the photo!
kjh73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 09:13 PM   #767
ewerstruly
DIS Veteran

I hope we will have the option to buy or not to buy the photo. I wasn't planning on it. If they did a group photo of the 5 of us, I would get one for sure. But not 5 individuals. We're only going to the MK for one day, for the MNSSHP. So, without extended party hours at pirates league, it will be costing us about $650 just to get in, park tickets plus party tickets, before adding on pirates league costs. We're excited to do it, but it does add up.
ewerstruly is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-10-2011, 12:37 PM   #768
Sydnerella
enough is as good as a feast

NO Confirmed "price hike"

Hello, today my TA emailed me back and said that her email had a "typo" in it regarding the cost of the Pirate's League. I apologize, I assumed that the TA would have the correct costs in her email.... I am annoyed

TA said the following:

There’s a typo in the email I sent you. The current price for the Pirate’s League (always subject to change) is $29.95.

So sorry for the panic about the increase - esp to you ewerstruly!!

Sydnerella's Mama

October 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside, March 2012 - Port Orleans French Quarter, February 2011 -Carribean Beach, March 2010 - VRBO House, April 2008 - VRBO House, March 2006 - Celebration
Sydnerella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 02:29 PM   #769
ewerstruly
DIS Veteran

Oh good, thanks!
ewerstruly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 03:25 PM   #770
disneymom443
Mouseketeer

My DS7 will be doing the PL for the first time. He is so excited about doing this and has already picked out the face he wants.

I'm happy to read that I will be able to take pictures while he is getting all done up. I also know that he will want to buy the photo at the end.

In 12 days my son will be transformed into a cursed pirate....oh boy
disneymom443 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 08:53 AM   #771
Oomiak
Mouseketeer

My son and nephew did the Pirates League on 10/8 when it was pouring rain outside. They both wanted the cursed pirate and were told this may be a bad idea because of the heavy rain. In fact, they told us we could cancel at no charge because the rain was so heavy. We almost did cancel but the boys really wanted to do it.

So we went ahead with the cursed pirate and it was worth every penny! The people working there are outstanding and the experience alone is worth the money. My sons face washed off after a few hours in the rain but that was okay. Jack Sparrow and another pirate made the rounds for photos while we were there. My son was thrilled about this. Jack told him he already had a right hand man so he could be his left hand man. It made my sons day.

They did have a problem with the photos that day. We were told we could return later to purchase it for $10 instead of $15, but by the time we made it back around they were closed. I'm a little bummed about that, I would have loved to have that photo. Despite that little hiccup it was an outstanding experience and I highly recommend it to anyone that has Pirates fans in the house.

[IMG]
IMG_2361 by dawntreader101, on Flickr[/IMG]
Old 10-11-2011, 08:58 AM   #772
Oomiak
Mouseketeer

Here's the cursed pirate.

[IMG]
IMG_2405 by dawntreader101, on Flickr[/IMG]
Old 10-11-2011, 09:08 AM   #773
Berlioz70
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydnerella View Post
Thanks Berlioz, you have been confirmed, sadly! Today I got an email from my Dreams Unlimited TA with "Childrens Activities" in it and here's what it said about the Pirate's League - btw I am not a fan of the 40% price hike!
Actually - what your travel agent is seeing is not a typo - it's INCREDIBLY old. When TPL opened, it was 49.95 for about 10 months (it included the photo, which is now an add on). The price changed in January 2010. My concern is that your travel agent is looking at other old info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewerstruly View Post
When do these new packages and prices take effect? We're set to go in a couple weeks, and for 5 of us, that would be quite a bit more than I'd planned to spend.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berlioz70 View Post
I think the target is in December, but that's not confirmed.
Old 10-11-2011, 09:29 AM   #774
pilferk
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
I feel like Rita Rodney Dangerfield...

Quick question:

My son and I have PL appts for 1:50 today. It's a party night.

Anyone had issues going in costume, into the parks, that early on a party night? Or are the CM's pretty understanding?
Old 10-11-2011, 09:50 AM   #775
lilmissdisney216
Pawsitively Lovin a Labrador!

My darling fiance had this done back in July and he chose the cursed pirate and he LOVED it (granted he's 23 years old lol) and had a blast!!! Wish I still had pictures of us all done up but alas my photopass expired and have no way of getting those photos (which truly is a bummer).
Old 10-11-2011, 12:52 PM   #776
mnightin
Earning My Ears

Joining the Brigade a week from tomorrow!

Berlioz-

I just want to thank you and the other posters here for all the info and help. We leave for WDW on Friday and will be at the Pirate's League on Wednesday 10/19 in the morning. Hope we get to run into you there!

All the best-

-Megan & mates
Old 10-11-2011, 12:55 PM   #777
Berlioz70
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilferk View Post
Quick question:

My son and I have PL appts for 1:50 today. It's a party night.

Anyone had issues going in costume, into the parks, that early on a party night? Or are the CM's pretty understanding?
You'll be fine. CMs know it's a party night and understand that it's not possible for all Guests to leave and change to come back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnightin View Post
Berlioz-

I just want to thank you and the other posters here for all the info and help. We leave for WDW on Friday and will be at the Pirate's League on Wednesday 10/19 in the morning. Hope we get to run into you there!

All the best-

-Megan & mates
Have a great time!!
Old 10-11-2011, 10:23 PM   #778
pilferk
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
I feel like Rita Rodney Dangerfield...

Quote:
You'll be fine. CMs know it's a party night and understand that it's not possible for all Guests to leave and change to come back.
Thanks!

Gerard Warloather (my son) and Benjamin Chipcutter (me) had a GREAT time! The party went off like gangbusters, too.
Old 10-12-2011, 07:31 AM   #779
mom2elle
Earning My Ears

Quote:
The empresses is going through a complete makeover, to make it more piratey and less princessy.

The mermaid is coming back, in a slightly different look

All of these changes will come with a slight price increse... rumor is that all packages will be increased by $5, making them $34.95.

I know you'll have tons of questions, but to be honest that's about all I know. Hopefully some of the other Pirate Masters will jump in to provide more info as it becomes available. I think the target is in December, but that's not confirmed.
This is exciting news! I just wish the target could be moved up to late November! I have appointments made for my 4 kids on nov 22! This is a surprise trip for them, I know my 4 yo daughter and 8 year old son are going to love this. I was unsure about booking ressies for my two oldest daughters who are 13 and 15 but I decided to go for it since they are huge POTC fans. Keeping my fingers creased that the mermaid makes an early reappearance!
mom2elle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 09:05 AM   #780
BobbyG11
Earning My Ears

New guy on the block questions

Berlioz-

I've been reading a lot of posts here since we made our plans to go to WDW, and thought I'd ask this odd question.

Our family will be at WDW in early Nov and was wondering if there was any chance of a "walk-in" during the "less crowded" times the first week in Nov? My nephew is shy and it's sure if he wants to do it. Also, do you have many "big kids" (say around 44!) do the PL?

Thank you in advance for your time and help.
BobbyG11 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: