Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-26-2011, 10:09 PM   #751
Sydnerella
enough is as good as a feast

My son wants to know if they will paint the scare on his hand rather than his face.... and yes, I realize this will wash off sooner... just askin'

Also - will they do partial looks? He thinks a black eye is ok, but is not keen on the beard.. and of course wants the scare on his hand... I have NO idea where on earth he got this picky thing from

Thanks!

October 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside, March 2012 - Port Orleans French Quarter, February 2011 -Carribean Beach, March 2010 - VRBO House, April 2008 - VRBO House, March 2006 - Celebration
Sydnerella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 04:50 AM   #752
lmbcdb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berlioz70 View Post
Girls get the "boys" look ALL THE TIME - do not worry at all!!! If you look at the picture of the faces in the first post, the image of the "Smokey Eye Jack" is actually a little girl (yes, with a beard).
Thank you SO much! One less thing to stress about for our trip.

lmbcdb is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-27-2011, 08:35 AM   #753
t_catt11
Pin Trading Addict

My three boys will be doing the Pirates League on our trip... now I'm wishing that I had opted to do it, too.
Old 09-27-2011, 03:37 PM   #754
Berlioz70
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydnerella View Post
My son wants to know if they will paint the scare on his hand rather than his face.... and yes, I realize this will wash off sooner... just askin'

Also - will they do partial looks? He thinks a black eye is ok, but is not keen on the beard.. and of course wants the scare on his hand... I have NO idea where on earth he got this picky thing from

Thanks!
Good and Bad News.

Unfortunately, the scar must be on the face, they will not draw a full scare any where but the cheek.

However, the beard is optional on the Jack looks (not optional on the Hook), so that will be fine!
Old 09-27-2011, 05:08 PM   #755
Beaker74
Mouseketeer

Girls packages

What are the options for the girls. Someone mentioned that there were different girl packages. Thanks!
Old 09-27-2011, 05:11 PM   #756
Berlioz70
DIS Veteran

Check the first post for current face options. There used to be different package options, but now everyone gets the same package, just the face changes.

The only girl focused option is the Empress, however, girls are welcome to get any of the looks. The Beard is optional for the 3 Jack Looks. In the first post, the Smokey Eye is actually a girl (yes, with the beard).
Old 09-27-2011, 05:23 PM   #757
Beaker74
Mouseketeer

Thanks Berlioz70!!
Old 09-29-2011, 09:25 AM   #758
2009hayabusa
Earning My Ears

Cancellations?

I am DESPERATELY looking for any cancellations on Wednesday, October 19th. Time doesn't matter. I would LOVE for my 4 year old grandson to enjoy this.
Thanks so much!
2009hayabusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 09:15 PM   #759
AR81
DIS Veteran

first slot of the day?

So 9:00 is the earliest appointment? I wish they could start at 8am so we could time it where he could get this done before the pirate scavenger cruise at GF. If I am correct, the cruise goes out at 9:30. We will be going in the summer...
AR81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 07:34 AM   #760
Berlioz70
DIS Veteran

Correct, 9 is the earliest. They've never opened at 8am.

This was given to me by a current TPL CM. We weren't sure when we would be allowed to say anything, but she mentioned that one of the Managers was talking about these upcoming changes with other Guests so she asked me to share it with you all!

The packages are all being adjusted in the coming months. Some of the changes are currently unknown, but its believed that the First Mate option will be losing the fake teeth and will be gaining something else.

The empresses is going through a complete makeover, to make it more piratey and less princessy.

The mermaid is coming back, in a slightly different look and package.

And a new package, based on Jake from Jake and the Neverland Pirates, will be created for pirates under the age of 3. It will not feature pirate paint, but will include other activities based on the TV show.

All of these changes will come with a slight price increse... rumor is that all packages will be increased by $5, making them $34.95.

I know you'll have tons of questions, but to be honest that's about all I know. Hopefully some of the other Pirate Masters will jump in to provide more info as it becomes available. I think the target is in December, but that's not confirmed.
Old 10-06-2011, 07:45 AM   #761
Chicago Mo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR81 View Post
So 9:00 is the earliest appointment? I wish they could start at 8am so we could time it where he could get this done before the pirate scavenger cruise at GF. If I am correct, the cruise goes out at 9:30. We will be going in the summer...
Yes i believe it is the earliest. we have our 4 kids and the earliest was 9:20 i think...

Chicago Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 07:47 AM   #762
Chicago Mo
DIS Veteran

Quote:

This was given to me by a current TPL CM. We weren't sure when we would be allowed to say anything, but she mentioned that one of the Managers was talking about these upcoming changes with other Guests so she asked me to share it with you all!

The packages are all being adjusted in the coming months. Some of the changes are currently unknown, but its believed that the First Mate option will be losing the fake teeth and will be gaining something else.

The empresses is going through a complete makeover, to make it more piratey and less princessy.

And a new package, based on Jake from Jake and the Neverland Pirates, will be created for pirates under the age of 3. It will not feature pirate paint, but will include other activities based on the TV show.

All of these changes will come with a slight price increse... rumor is that all packages will be increased by $5, making them $34.95.

I know you'll have tons of questions, but to be honest that's about all I know. Hopefully some of the other Pirate Masters will jump in to provide more info as it becomes available. I think the target is in December, but that's not confirmed.
well, this is good news and Bad (only becuase of the price increase!)
thanks for the update!!! will be watching for more information!!!! as usual your amazing and i thank you!

Chicago Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 07:15 AM   #763
ewerstruly
DIS Veteran

Hi there. Just to be sure ... they never did extend the hours this year for the Halloween party, right? Trying to figure out how to juggle things and still make this work. There are so many fabulous things to do and you just can't do them all! Just over 2 weeks for us now!
ewerstruly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 07:56 PM   #764
Sydnerella
enough is as good as a feast

Confirmed Price Hike!

Quote:

IGNORE THE INFO BELOW, it is incorrect as my travel agent acknowledged that the cost she quoted was a "typo"!! SO SORRY

Thanks Berlioz, you have been confirmed, sadly! Today I got an email from my Dreams Unlimited TA with "Childrens Activities" in it and here's what it said about the Pirate's League - btw I am not a fan of the 40% price hike!

Pirates League
The Pirates League allows boys and girls to transform themselves into Pirates, and allows their dreams to come true as they join Captain Jack Sparrow's crew. Participants receive a pirate identity, are transformed into a pirate by a WDW Pirate Master, and have access to a secret treasure room. They are also able to unlock clues to additional pirate encounters in the Magic Kingdom.

First Mate Package: Includes bandana; choice of facial effects; scars; tattoos; fake teeth; earring and eye patch; sword and sheath;
pirate coin necklace; one 5×7-inch photo; and personalized pirate oath - $49.95 plus tax. No it's $29.95 (for now)

Empress Package: Includes bandana; shimmering makeup; face gem; tattoos; nail polish; earring and eye patch; sword and sheath;
pirate coin necklace; one 5×7-inch photo; and personalized pirate oath - $49.95 plus tax. No it's $29.95 (for now)

So apparently the appointment I booked for DS7 in March 2012 will now cost $49.95... I am ok with the actual fee, but I am seriously questioning what they are doing differently or more now to justify such a big price increase, a photo?

I realize it will be fun and "worth it" but am still surprised and a bit annoyed by the amount of the price change.

IGNORE THE INFO ABOVE, it is incorrect as my travel agent acknowledged that the cost she quoted was a "typo"!! SO SORRY!

Sydnerella's Mama

October 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside, March 2012 - Port Orleans French Quarter, February 2011 -Carribean Beach, March 2010 - VRBO House, April 2008 - VRBO House, March 2006 - Celebration

Last edited by Sydnerella; 10-10-2011 at 12:42 PM. Reason: Incorrect Info!!
Sydnerella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 08:31 PM   #765
ewerstruly
DIS Veteran

When do these new packages and prices take effect? We're set to go in a couple weeks, and for 5 of us, that would be quite a bit more than I'd planned to spend.
ewerstruly is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: