Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-24-2011, 04:07 PM   #691
BBBlade
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdnmom2001 View Post
is the mermaid look still available? I know my DD really wants to do this when we go next May and we are really hoping it's still available
Unfortunately the mermaid look is not available right now. They are working on re-releasing it in the future. The crew is taking a lot of time out to try to really work the mermaids into the pirate experience. The look will actually be different though.

Right now I'd say look for it closer to early 2012 or maybe December of this year.
BBBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 06:18 PM   #692
amberg@eastlink.ca
DIS Veteran

thanks for all the wonderful info! ds is finally getting this done on our trip at christmas! hes done the knights package in feb but decided on a pirate this time.

now the down side....were booked for new years eve dd has bbb at 1, ds pl at 2. i know for a fact hers is going to run long-she got that pink spike hair look last time, and i know how badly the bbb runs behind. how much time should i gauge for ds's makeover? im sure new yrs eve will be crazy anyways and if you guys run a little behind i wont be shocked. i am a little concerned about our ressie at 425 for crt tho.

in the mean time ds is over the moon to get to do this! he loves pirates of the carribean(okay i may have had something to do with that), ride and movie, enjoyed scaring terrance in feb when he showed off a pirate shirt to him too. yeah thats my twisted son. we snagged him a pirates costume a few weeks ago at costco and he's set!

1985- off site1986- off site2003- off site2004- off site2005- allstar movies!2009- allstar movies!-tenth wedding anny trip! 2010 split stay! asmovies andwl! 2011-bay lake(feb) 2011 ssr(may) 2011 bay lake(dec)
amberg@eastlink.ca is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-25-2011, 10:08 AM   #693
Tbone17701
Disney Dreamer

I am attempting to read this entire thread, but after 200 posts I've decided to jump on in with a question and hope it's not redundant...

I have an appt for DD7 in Nov and would ideally get a black tee with a blinged out skull and crossbones or similar and maybe even add "Pirate Princess" in bling as well. I realize this probably needs to be a custom order, but I'm just wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction for something like this?

She's done BBB twice and she definitely leans toward girly, loud (a.k.a tacky) and the more bling or sparkle, the better! I'm not sure I want to invest in yet another costume for $100.00 + and was hoping if I did the tee with maybe a skirt, skull and crossbones leggins (which I did find at Spirit Halloween thanks to an earlier post) and high black boots...that I could get away with reusable separates for less $.

WDW Feb. 1984, WDW Feb. 1987, WDW Feb. 1991, Port Orleans Resort Jan. 1995, Pop Century Sept. 2008, All Star Music Resort Jan. 2010, Wilderness Lodge Resort Nov. 2011, Art of Animation Aug. 2012, Wilderness Lodge Resort Nov. 2013
Disney Dream Aug. 2012
Allure of the Seas Oct. 2013
Tbone17701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 07:38 PM   #694
mickeymouseclubhouse
DIS Veteran

Hi,

DD got a pirate costume that she will be wearing for her PL appointment in Sept. The costume came with a bandana(head scarf) that she would like to wear...will they put her bandana on during the make-over if we choose and just give her the one that comes with the package to take home or is that a no-go? She will be getting the Empress look.

Thanks!
Threepeat: Pop Century and Free Dining October 13-19, 2009 (We surprised our kids this trip!)
Bounced back in 2010: September 21-September 28, 2010, All Star Music/Free dining
Number 5: September 13 -September 20, 2011 at Pop Century/Beach Club
Trip Number 6: September 11-19, 2012 at BWV!

Up Next: September 8-17, 2014 split stay at BLT/BWV

mickeymouseclubhouse is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 08:48 AM   #695
Cinderumbrella
Wench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbone17701 View Post
I am attempting to read this entire thread, but after 200 posts I've decided to jump on in with a question and hope it's not redundant...

I have an appt for DD7 in Nov and would ideally get a black tee with a blinged out skull and crossbones or similar and maybe even add "Pirate Princess" in bling as well. I realize this probably needs to be a custom order, but I'm just wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction for something like this?

She's done BBB twice and she definitely leans toward girly, loud (a.k.a tacky) and the more bling or sparkle, the better! I'm not sure I want to invest in yet another costume for $100.00 + and was hoping if I did the tee with maybe a skirt, skull and crossbones leggins (which I did find at Spirit Halloween thanks to an earlier post) and high black boots...that I could get away with reusable separates for less $.
The craft stores by me have TONS of sparkly iron on patterns like this. Check JoAnn Fabrics, Michaels etc.
The Contemporary September 2010~The Contemporary June 2010~ Grand Floridian RPC December 2009~The Contemporary June 2009~ Grand Floridian December 2008~
Pop Century May 2008~Grand Floridian August 2007~Animal Kingdom Lodge December 2006~ Port Orleans Riverside October 2005~Beach Club February 2000~
Grand Floridian August 1997

Cinderumbrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 06:28 AM   #696
buzz for boys
Certified Serious Stitch Stalker

Hi I have a very different question and I think its probably one that is unlikely to apply to anyone else so I am hoping noone minds me asking on this thread. Last trip I asked on the disabilities board and the answer made me cancel my ressie but people on here seem to have more of an ide of how PL works!

Anyway here goes -
My ds is 10 and lost his eye after a diagnosis of eye cancer he has had many issues which means that he cant wear an artificial eye and the side of his face has a noticeable difference. Would this cause issues in pirates league or would the pirates just paint his face without questions??
He is very self concious about it and I think it would ruin the whole experience if he had to explain why he was missing his eye.

Thanks in advance for any information.

buzz for boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 03:11 PM   #697
Tinker_Tam
DIS Veteran

I am guessing they would be great with your son. Maybe you could even make an excuse to get away for a minute and go ahead of him and explain the situation and how self-conscious he is about it. They were pretty great there!
Tinker_Tam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 11:27 AM   #698
hgharvey
Earning My Ears

So I completely forgot about this and that I told the kids I would make reservations for them for our trip in September. So I called and checked 9/30 & 9/27 and they are completely booked. I hope someone cancels but I doubt I will get lucky. I hope the kids aren't too upset.

Holly
hgharvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 05:55 PM   #699
RainK
Mouseketeer

Just back and our kids did the Pirates League. It was by far well worth the cost and was so much fun for them as well as us to watch.
The results were amazing!! After they were "official pirates" they got to walk in a "parade" and got front row at the pirate show they have.

We will totally do this again!!!!!

August 2013 Beach Club
August 2011 POP
May 2010 CBR
October 2008 ASMO
September 2006 & 2007 POP
Previous 2 visits off site
RainK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 05:58 PM   #700
RainK
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzz for boys View Post
Hi I have a very different question and I think its probably one that is unlikely to apply to anyone else so I am hoping noone minds me asking on this thread. Last trip I asked on the disabilities board and the answer made me cancel my ressie but people on here seem to have more of an ide of how PL works!

Anyway here goes -
My ds is 10 and lost his eye after a diagnosis of eye cancer he has had many issues which means that he cant wear an artificial eye and the side of his face has a noticeable difference. Would this cause issues in pirates league or would the pirates just paint his face without questions??
He is very self concious about it and I think it would ruin the whole experience if he had to explain why he was missing his eye.

I think if you let them know prior to your son going in they will recommend what would be the best scenario. It's a ton of fun and I think he will enjoy it. I don't know how your son feels about wearing a patch, but the do give each child a bandana, eye patch, sword and sash...he can wear the patch over his problem eye if they don't put the eye makeup on it.

August 2013 Beach Club
August 2011 POP
May 2010 CBR
October 2008 ASMO
September 2006 & 2007 POP
Previous 2 visits off site
RainK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 06:10 PM   #701
BBBlade
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeymouseclubhouse View Post
Hi,

DD got a pirate costume that she will be wearing for her PL appointment in Sept. The costume came with a bandana(head scarf) that she would like to wear...will they put her bandana on during the make-over if we choose and just give her the one that comes with the package to take home or is that a no-go? She will be getting the Empress look.

Thanks!
absolutely. as long as she tells her pirate master that she wants to wear hers, it will be just fine.
Old 08-28-2011, 06:14 PM   #702
BBBlade
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by amberg@eastlink.ca View Post
thanks for all the wonderful info! ds is finally getting this done on our trip at christmas! hes done the knights package in feb but decided on a pirate this time.

now the down side....were booked for new years eve dd has bbb at 1, ds pl at 2. i know for a fact hers is going to run long-she got that pink spike hair look last time, and i know how badly the bbb runs behind. how much time should i gauge for ds's makeover? im sure new yrs eve will be crazy anyways and if you guys run a little behind i wont be shocked. i am a little concerned about our ressie at 425 for crt tho.
Don't be surprised if PL is running behind too. 2 o'clock can be busy sometimes without it being a holiday. However, a 425 at CRT should be fine. Guests are usually told that the experience takes 45 minutes. Include at least a half hour of waiting before the reservation. Maybe more because of the holiday.
Old 08-28-2011, 06:25 PM   #703
BBBlade
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzz for boys View Post
Anyway here goes -

Of course, we would paint his face without questions. Our pirates come in many shapes and sizes and we are willing to accomodate anyone. Maybe take a look at the faces with him ahead of time so that he knows what he wants when you arrive, keeping in mind that the cursed pirate and multi-eyed jack looks would require painting in the eye area on both eyes.
Old 08-28-2011, 06:40 PM   #704
mickeymouseclubhouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBBlade View Post
absolutely. as long as she tells her pirate master that she wants to wear hers, it will be just fine.
Great! Thanks!
Threepeat: Pop Century and Free Dining October 13-19, 2009 (We surprised our kids this trip!)
Bounced back in 2010: September 21-September 28, 2010, All Star Music/Free dining
Number 5: September 13 -September 20, 2011 at Pop Century/Beach Club
Trip Number 6: September 11-19, 2012 at BWV!

Up Next: September 8-17, 2014 split stay at BLT/BWV

mickeymouseclubhouse is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 08:02 PM   #705
Berlioz70
DIS Veteran

I realized that I had forgotten to announce that Pirate Goofy did return, and has replaced Angelica.

I've updated the first post.
Berlioz70 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: