Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-20-2011, 01:35 PM   #676
Radiorox
Live from the city of Magic.

Can't wait to do this! My BFF, her kids and I will be joining the ranks in September. I've had the ressie since May and they gave us different times, about 30 mins apart. Still, it's going to be so much fun!

Now I am just looking for an appropriate pirate/jolly roger t-shirt to wear.

Jackie
Old 08-20-2011, 01:35 PM   #677
smiley627
Earning My Ears

I have been trying to get at reservation for DD 6 and DS 4 for 9/28 for the past 4 weeks!! Calling 2-3 times a day!! Hoping and keeping my fingers crossed for a cancellation!
smiley627 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-21-2011, 02:01 PM   #678
LA PIG
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berlioz70 View Post
Mommy2Jameson & LA PIG I am so sorry for your experiences. I shared LA PIG's story with the other pirates to make them a little more aware of their actions. The Jellyfish is a pretty common act, but they should reconsider how it's coming off. It's a way for them play their 1676 character and help them sound confused, but they should not be mean or condensing (which I know they do sometimes).

I know this will not make up for your visits, but thank you for sharing your comments so the pirates can work on those characters for the future.
Thank you, Berlioz, for saying something. I do appreciate it. I would hate for another little girl to feel badly about her makeover because of this bit.
Old 08-22-2011, 12:56 PM   #679
pilferk
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
I feel like Rita Rodney Dangerfield...

Question:

We have a ressie for 3 on the 11th of October (a party night).

That's probably going to end up being for 2 because of some extenuating circumstances that have cropped up with my parents (who are not coming along, it sounds like, now).

Should I call and modify? Or should we show up the day of and just let them know at the desk?

I don't want to lose our booking for my son and I but don't want to inconvenience the League, either.
Old 08-22-2011, 08:54 PM   #680
Berlioz70
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilferk View Post
Should I call and modify? Or should we show up the day of and just let them know at the desk?
If you cancel at the desk you will be charged; so I recommend canceling in advance, the others on the board will appreciate it!
Berlioz70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 06:44 AM   #681
pilferk
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Quote:
If you cancel at the desk you will be charged; so I recommend canceling in advance, the others on the board will appreciate it!
Thanks!

My worry was that, like ADR's, you have to cancel the whole reservation and rebook...which I don't want to have to do.

As long as I can just modify the existing reservation, and keep the "2"....that's what I'll do.
Old 08-23-2011, 08:47 AM   #682
Berlioz70
DIS Veteran

You should be able to cancel just one, we do it all the time for scared kids who still have siblings that want to go through.

Since you have a group of 3, I'm guessing you've got one double and one single reservation (since you cannot book 3 in one party). Just have them cancel the single.
Old 08-23-2011, 09:27 AM   #683
pilferk
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Quote:
You should be able to cancel just one, we do it all the time for scared kids who still have siblings that want to go through.

Since you have a group of 3, I'm guessing you've got one double and one single reservation (since you cannot book 3 in one party). Just have them cancel the single.
Yup, 2 doubles, one single.

We'll call tonight to cancel, probably.

Is anyone looking for a ressie on the afternoon of Oct 11th? If so, let me know. I can "coordinate" so we cancel and you can call.
Old 08-23-2011, 05:10 PM   #684
GreatGranny
Mouseketeer

Sorry if this has been asked before, I just cannot go through almost 700 posts...

Is the Garb shift always available for purchase? We wouldn't want to arrive expecting to be able to buy one and find that it is not available. My grandson is age 10, if size is an issue.

Thanks
GreatGranny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 08:53 PM   #685
Berlioz70
DIS Veteran

I can't recall ever being sold out of Garb, but there is a first time for everything!
Old 08-23-2011, 09:55 PM   #686
Parla
I don't have room for another bar
I stopped him so I could take this picture
I can't help it if DH's undies don't fit. I'm not a mind reader!

Hey Berlioz, do you sell this shirt at PL? My son saw it on the Disney Store website and really wants it to wear for his appointment. I notice it says Disney Parks Authentic. That must explain the $24.95 price tag. I would never pay that price for a shirt unless I was in the park. However if it's something you sell I may go ahead and order it because he would be crushed if he got there and you didn't have it. He wants a Jack Sparrow hat too but I have less of a problem with him waiting for that one since the one on the site shows the dreads, I would prefer he try it on and see if he still wants it.
June 2007 Won trip from Alamo to stay at BWI. We'll never fly again!!! How the heck will we get there???
October 2011 MNSSHP trip! Day 3 is up! I would add links but it's only 8 pages.

Also planning a Christmas 2013 trip. Although one of my bosses at Target thinks I may need to quit and then get rehired to get the time off. This is gonna be my dream trip though so I'll do whatever it takes.
Parla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 12:06 AM   #687
Alexsandra
Proud mom of two redheads

I have an apt. for 11:50 for my son and noon for myself on sept. 13 th. Could not get later. He wants the cursed pirate look. Since we are going to MNSSHP that night, I wanted to head back to hotel after so my 4 year old could get much needed rest before the party.
Do you think his makeup will last?
Also do you think we can be seated one next to the other?
I bought him a skeleton glow in the dark PJ from old navy for $14. He is so excited to become a cursed pirate.
Alexsandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 06:51 AM   #688
Berlioz70
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parla View Post
Hey Berlioz, do you sell this shirt at PL? My son saw it on the Disney Store website and really wants it to wear for his appointment. I notice it says Disney Parks Authentic. That must explain the $24.95 price tag. I would never pay that price for a shirt unless I was in the park. However if it's something you sell I may go ahead and order it because he would be crushed if he got there and you didn't have it. He wants a Jack Sparrow hat too but I have less of a problem with him waiting for that one since the one on the site shows the dreads, I would prefer he try it on and see if he still wants it.
Yep, they sell it. I agree, buy it in advance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexsandra View Post
I have an apt. for 11:50 for my son and noon for myself on sept. 13 th. Could not get later. He wants the cursed pirate look. Since we are going to MNSSHP that night, I wanted to head back to hotel after so my 4 year old could get much needed rest before the party.
Do you think his makeup will last?
Also do you think we can be seated one next to the other?
I bought him a skeleton glow in the dark PJ from old navy for $14. He is so excited to become a cursed pirate.
Sleeping in a cursed? No, I can't imagine it would last. The white comes of pretty easily with water, so I wouldn't trust it.

You can request to sit together, but be warned, it can greatly increase your wait time. They cannot hold chairs, so if one opens they have to fill it. So they would have you wait until two open at the same time, and that gets more difficult.

It may be easier to have him get started and then you request to wait until one of the chairs near him is open for yourself. Again, it varies based on the specific chair and how busy it is.
Old 08-24-2011, 10:24 AM   #689
Cdnmom2001
Mouseketeer

is the mermaid look still available? I know my DD really wants to do this when we go next May and we are really hoping it's still available
Mr. A -- 8 and awesome
Surprise Trip for the kids Disney Dream Cruise --April 27, 2014 - May 1st, 2014! stateroom #8188 !!! Kids are going to freak out Christmas morning
2nd Family Disney trip, May 2012 which included Magic Kindgom, Seaworld Discovery Cove and a 4 night Disney Dream Cruise, stateroom 9662, beyond incredible trip!!!

First Family Trip to Disney 2009 stayed on site at CBR, 5 days in the parks and truly 1st trip incredible memories that we will have for a lifetime
Cdnmom2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 11:29 AM   #690
GreatGranny
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I can't recall ever being sold out of Garb, but there is a first time for everything!
Thanks for the quick reply - we will try to get something before our trip, just in case
GreatGranny is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: