Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-14-2010, 11:42 AM   #181
2002Disneybride
Disney Bride and now a Disney Mom!

How does makeup hold up in August heat? We will be there the last week.
2002Disneybride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 06:40 PM   #182
Berlioz70
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naisy68 View Post
Actually on MNSSHP days, they stay open later. Our appointment is at 5:20pm. I wonder if we will miss the parade altogether?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berlioz70 View Post
As mentioned, it is at 4:10ish. Due to other activities, I doubt the parade will be pushed back on party nights even though the League is open until 8.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2002Disneybride View Post
How does makeup hold up in August heat? We will be there the last week.
It is professional theater grade makeup, with that said, it can still run and smudge during the day. The Boney and Multi-eye will smudge the most. The smokey and black eyes are perfect for a hot day.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-15-2010, 11:00 AM   #183
Princess&JackMom
Mouseketeer

I just wanted to thank everyone for all the great info in this thread.
I wasn't sure if my soon to be 4 year old b/g twins would do well at the Pirate League, but seeing all your photos and hearing everyone's good experiences has helped convince me this would be a memorable event. My daughter is the princess type but she's warming up to the idea of having a sword...

I called today and had no problem getting the exact time and day I wanted. The twins will be going in at the same time, too.

My only concern is that my son will never let me put a temporary tatoo on him, though he has been OK if people paint on his hand. He can also be shy at first meeting so glad to hear how good the CMs are at working with our little guys!

On the phone I was told to bring our own brushes. Do the CMs do the girls hair in any special way? I couldn't tell from the photos, other than seeing most of the girls wear their bandanas...

Thanks!
1977-First Trip-Off Property (Hi-Q) • 1989-Poly • 1993-Carribean Beach • 1995-Disney Institute • 1997-Disnelyand Paris • 1999-Epcot Day Trip • 2000-Coronado • 2001-Boardwalk • 2003-Disneyland • 2009-MK day trip • 2010-Wilderness Lodge • 2011-Marriott Grande Vista • 2013-Disneyland Hotel • 2015-??
Princess&JackMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 05:41 PM   #184
Berlioz70
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess&JackMom View Post
IOn the phone I was told to bring our own brushes. Do the CMs do the girls hair in any special way? I couldn't tell from the photos, other than seeing most of the girls wear their bandanas...
Don't worry about taking a brush; they read the same spiel if you're booking at BBB or TPL. There is a little twist done for girls, nothing too big. The pirates will not use a brush, even if you bring one, they'll just use their fingers.
Old 07-16-2010, 10:37 AM   #185
Princess&JackMom
Mouseketeer

Thanks! That's good to know. My DD hates having her hair brushed and this was one of the reasons we decided to not do BBB and try the League for her.
1977-First Trip-Off Property (Hi-Q) • 1989-Poly • 1993-Carribean Beach • 1995-Disney Institute • 1997-Disnelyand Paris • 1999-Epcot Day Trip • 2000-Coronado • 2001-Boardwalk • 2003-Disneyland • 2009-MK day trip • 2010-Wilderness Lodge • 2011-Marriott Grande Vista • 2013-Disneyland Hotel • 2015-??
Princess&JackMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 10:42 AM   #186
CT MOM
Earning My Ears

DD(7) is excited about this on our upcoming trip with her dad..glad to see everyone has had a good experience.
09/2007-P.O. Riverside...09/2006-P.O. French Quarter
CT MOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 04:09 PM   #187
donipan
Mouseketeer

We have done this and it is my son's (4) favorite by far thing in all Disneyworld. Today he wanted to go back to the Pirate's League (and see the bad bad white faced pirate), tomorrow he wants to go back to the Pirate's League, don't ask him what he wants to do or what his favorite ride is, this is all he wants. My daughter (6) did it and really enjoyed it too, although she's not half as obsessed as her brother.

They do it really well, I have to say. It is a whole "experience". My son remained in character the whole day and got lots of attention. We did Pirates of the Caribbean afterwards and he was the entertainment at the queue, he practiced earnestly in Sparrow's tutorial... it was lots of fun. And very good value, I mean, only the "treasure" chain they give them was over 15$ in the pirate shop next door.
donipan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 11:11 PM   #188
queenb123
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by donipan View Post
We have done this and it is my son's (4) favorite by far thing in all Disneyworld. Today he wanted to go back to the Pirate's League (and see the bad bad white faced pirate), tomorrow he wants to go back to the Pirate's League, don't ask him what he wants to do or what his favorite ride is, this is all he wants. My daughter (6) did it and really enjoyed it too, although she's not half as obsessed as her brother.

They do it really well, I have to say. It is a whole "experience". My son remained in character the whole day and got lots of attention. We did Pirates of the Caribbean afterwards and he was the entertainment at the queue, he practiced earnestly in Sparrow's tutorial... it was lots of fun. And very good value, I mean, only the "treasure" chain they give them was over 15$ in the pirate shop next door.
yeah, I was shocked at the quality of the madallion necklace, heavy metal not cheap stuff. I was worth it. We just went last month. I had only made an appointment for my boys (DD had done BBB 2 days earlier) welll she wanted to do it to, so they took her right in with the boys no appointment. I was so impressed and thankful for helping me avoid a possible toddler melt down.

DLR 6/09, ASMO 6/10, CSR 10/11

Brenda DS18 DS6 DD5
queenb123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 07:47 AM   #189
Honeystar120608
100% Canuck

I was hoping to get your opinions. I will be with dd at BBB at 8, DS's apt at PL is for 9. I can only assume that I won't make it to his apt, I can't guarantee that we will be there. DD has the photoshoot after her apt as well.
This being said, I have read (I assume I read it here) that there will be a photo Pass photog there. Is it silly that I give dh to give the photog a little note from me with a tip just saying to load up on pictures as Im not there? I don't know the 'rules' of the photopass. I just want lots of pictures since I won't be there. Im hoping dh will be taking lots of video too.
2010-Oct 1-Oct 7 ASmo
2009-Dec 6-12 ASmo
2008-Dec ASmo (started an addiction)
Honeystar120608 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 09:05 AM   #190
Tinker_Tam
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeystar120608 View Post
I was hoping to get your opinions. I will be with dd at BBB at 8, DS's apt at PL is for 9. I can only assume that I won't make it to his apt, I can't guarantee that we will be there. DD has the photoshoot after her apt as well.
This being said, I have read (I assume I read it here) that there will be a photo Pass photog there. Is it silly that I give dh to give the photog a little note from me with a tip just saying to load up on pictures as Im not there? I don't know the 'rules' of the photopass. I just want lots of pictures since I won't be there. Im hoping dh will be taking lots of video too.
I am not 100% sure since this is our first trip but I don't there there is a photopass person at PL the way they are at BBB. I could be wrong but I thought I had read it several times. I am a little disappointed too. DD has BBB while DS has PL. I will miss DS's transformation but I think it is best to do it this way instead of taking 2 hours from a day when the kids won't be doing anything while the other is getting made over. DH has promised he will take tons of pictures.
Tinker_Tam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 09:54 AM   #191
counselormom
Mouseketeer

Just thought I would tell everyone BuyCostumes.com is having a buy one
get one free on their clearance costumes. I just bought two really cute
kids pirate costumes and got them both for 24.99 including shipping. They
had boys, girls and adult costumes.
counselormom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 10:19 AM   #192
Tinker_Tam
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by counselormom View Post
Just thought I would tell everyone BuyCostumes.com is having a buy one
get one free on their clearance costumes. I just bought two really cute
kids pirate costumes and got them both for 24.99 including shipping. They
had boys, girls and adult costumes.
There shipping is super fast too! I ordered a pirate costum from my DS and had it about 7 days later. And it was nice quality. Will be looking there for Halloween!
Old 07-21-2010, 10:26 AM   #193
counselormom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker_Tam View Post
There shipping is super fast too! I ordered a pirate costum from my DS and had it about 7 days later. And it was nice quality. Will be looking there for Halloween!
That's good to hear, are the sizes pretty accurate? I forgot to
mention that the sale ends July 25th.
counselormom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 10:32 AM   #194
Cinderumbrella
Wench

Quote:
Originally Posted by counselormom View Post
That's good to hear, are the sizes pretty accurate? I forgot to
mention that the sale ends July 25th.
I bought DS their pirate skeleton costume a few weeks ago. I ordered it in a small (he is 7 and weighs about 50 pounds) and it is a touch big, but he's a skinny little thing, so I would say they are accurate
The Contemporary September 2010~The Contemporary June 2010~ Grand Floridian RPC December 2009~The Contemporary June 2009~ Grand Floridian December 2008~
Pop Century May 2008~Grand Floridian August 2007~Animal Kingdom Lodge December 2006~ Port Orleans Riverside October 2005~Beach Club February 2000~
Grand Floridian August 1997

Cinderumbrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 11:56 AM   #195
Tinker_Tam
DIS Veteran

I intentionally bought my DS's Pirate costume a size big when I ordered it. I was worried about how much he would grow since we don't go till Dec. Not to mention that MIL is a professional seamstress...so she said to get it big and she can take it in when we stop by on our way to WDW. The Rosette costume I picked up for DD is perfect. I really do think their costumes are true to size.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: