Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-08-2010, 10:17 PM   #166
Berlioz70
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by donipan View Post
The time is 10:30. Is that too early (as in taking precious time for morning rides? ). I'm planning to be in the park at RD that day, do Tomorrowland and then head to the PL (by the railroad), and then hit POTC and other Adventureland attractions after the kids are made up. Does this make sense? How long does the experience take? How earlier do we need to be there?
That should be plenty of time for Tomorrowland at RD, you can check in up to 15 minutes early (and 10 minutes late). See the first post for information on times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovesHerTaurus View Post
So we ended up ordering matching pirate tshirts that our black but in our "styles" - black sleeveless (man), black vneck (me!), black tshirt (my tomboy) and black tank (my princess) - with our pirate names in cursive on the back (ie King Chris and Lady Morgan ...
A lot of families wear matching shirts or pirate themed shirts! One note, you'll get your pirate name during the experience so the name on your shirt will not match your official name for the day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeystar120608 View Post
DS's apt at PL is at 9am. I am hoping to go get some pictures of him before he is done. Then I read that Pirate goofy will be there for pics (I am hoping PP photographers will be there) cuz I will have the camera, and dh will have the vid camera. After DD's apt we want to try and beat the lines and get to the princess and the frog meet and greet at 10.
Pirate Goofy does not come out until 10:10, and he does typically have a PP.
Old 07-09-2010, 12:41 AM   #167
Naisy68
DIS Veteran

Subscribing -- I know it sounds a little goofy but my DD and I both are participating in the Pirate's League before the MNSSHP. We are going to be a familyof pirates that night for the party. It will be a new experience for us at WDW. We usually go to Disney in the middle of summer but this year we wanted to plan our trip a little later in the year.
I am looking for some great costumes for My DH, DD and I that won't break the bank - any great ideas anyone?

Have a Disney Day, Renee
2008 -CSR & The Poly / 2009 - SSR
2010 - CBR - great time!!
Naisy68 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-09-2010, 02:24 PM   #168
donipan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berlioz70 View Post
That should be plenty of time for Tomorrowland at RD, you can check in up to 15 minutes early (and 10 minutes late). See the first post for information on times.
Great! Thanks
donipan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 03:12 PM   #169
kennedyandkailey
Mouseketeer

We LOOOOVE The Pirate's League! It is wonderful! Our DS joined the League while DD did her BBB make-over! We went a few months after they opened! He was 4 1/2 at the time and they make such a fuss over the little guys!! He felt soooooo special! Afterwards, he recieved twice as many compliments throughout the park than our "jasmine" did (DD)! We are going back to WDW for DS's 6th Birthday and the PL is all he can talk about!!! DD even wants a pirate make-over this time instead of a princess make-over (AND she is VERY girly!!!.... that is just how VERY cool it is!!!)

Here are a few pics from our last visit:

Nov 2003 ~ Downtown Disney Hilton (DD's 1st bday)
Nov 2004 ~ Downtown Disney Doubletree (DD's 2nd bday)
Nov 2008 ~ Downtown Disney Doubletree (DD's 6th bday)
Nov 2009 ~ Polynesian Resort (DD's 7th bday)
Jan 2011 ~ Wilderness Lodge (DS's 6th bday)
Feb 2012 ~ GCH at Disneyland (DS's 7th bday)
Nov 2012 ~ Hilton Grand Vacations MJJ 5K, Seaworld, Discovery Cove, MVMCP (DD's 10th bday)
April 2013 ~ Disney Dream Cruise Bahamas
April 2014 ~ Disney Fantasy Western CC
Jan 2015 ~ Disney Fantasy Eastern CC
kennedyandkailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 06:43 AM   #170
skhermsmeyer
Donald's #1 with my kids! Go figure!

DS will be turning 3 in September and we're going in December. Do you think he'd enjoy it or should I hold off until October 2011 when he'll be 4? I don't know if he'd get much out of it now. Let me know what you think! Thanks!

POP (Dec 2008) Off-site (Dec 2010) Off-site (May 2011) Off-site (Sept. 2011) Off-site (Oct-Nov 2011) Off-site (2012?) Off-site (2013?)

Winner of SOME kind of OMDD contest! At least I'm not paying!!!!
skhermsmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 07:57 AM   #171
Tinker_Tam
DIS Veteran

I posted a simular question a little while ago. My DS turns 3 at the very end of Sept and we are going to the Very end of Nov/ early Dec. Everyone encouraged me to go for it. I have made the appt and have been talking about it with him. He is sooooo excited. That is all he can talk about some times. I am glad I made the appt and I think he will be fine.

When I called to make the reservation the CM told me, if I could, take him by the day before or before his appt. Let him look around a little. If he seems scared we can just cancel. Its not the same as a no show.
Tinker_Tam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 09:15 AM   #172
Berlioz70
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker_Tam View Post
If he seems scared we can just cancel. Its not the same as a no show.
YES!!

Some 3 year olds are great and then the 9 year olds are too scared, it really depends on the kid. That's why you are not charged for scared kids! I say better safe with the appointment than being sorry if it's full and they do not take walk-ins.
Old 07-11-2010, 10:29 PM   #173
momof2buzzboys
Mouseketeer

Pirate's League

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland View Post

If you would like to see a full report on the Pirates League, you can click on my TR link below. It was well worth the money for this adventure. Would certainly do it again!
I LOVE your photos! We are going in December and My youngest DS (3) wants to do this but my oldest DS (5) is not so sure about it. I guess if he chickens out I will have to do it instead.... I think it looks like so much fun! I will be more than happy to take his place, but I want him to do it SO BADLY!

momof2buzzboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 09:21 AM   #174
kennedyandkailey
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by skhermsmeyer View Post
DS will be turning 3 in September and we're going in December. Do you think he'd enjoy it or should I hold off until October 2011 when he'll be 4? I don't know if he'd get much out of it now. Let me know what you think! Thanks!
YES.... I think you will be pleasantly surprised with a 3 year old! Granted my son was 4 1/2 the first time he did it, BUT the CMs still treated him very differently than even the 8 and 9 year olds. They were soooooooo good with him! They kinda tested him out on each phase of the make-over before jumping in with both feet. My husband sat with him the entire time. DS had a hard time repeating the entire oath at the end, but they went nice and slow and worked him through it! DS was SOOOOO proud that he did a "big kid" (in his eyes) thing. He still talks about being a "member" of the Pirate's League! Like others have said as well... you can always feel him out by stopping by the day before and see if he shys away from it all. I think you both will love it though! There were lots of kids coming and going in this preschool age group!

ALSO.... if your little guy has a melt down throughout the day and the make-up gets messed up... NEVER fear! You can take him back for a touch up before the pirate parade in the afternoon! Our DS had a melt down with tears and all after lunch. His skeleton pirate face (see pics in pp) was a mess. We stopped back for the parade and the guy that did his make-up came up to him and said "I used to know this little pirate! Would he like a touch up?" So we got one FREE OF CHARGE! We tipped them well of course though! Just an FYI! :-)

Nov 2003 ~ Downtown Disney Hilton (DD's 1st bday)
Nov 2004 ~ Downtown Disney Doubletree (DD's 2nd bday)
Nov 2008 ~ Downtown Disney Doubletree (DD's 6th bday)
Nov 2009 ~ Polynesian Resort (DD's 7th bday)
Jan 2011 ~ Wilderness Lodge (DS's 6th bday)
Feb 2012 ~ GCH at Disneyland (DS's 7th bday)
Nov 2012 ~ Hilton Grand Vacations MJJ 5K, Seaworld, Discovery Cove, MVMCP (DD's 10th bday)
April 2013 ~ Disney Dream Cruise Bahamas
April 2014 ~ Disney Fantasy Western CC
Jan 2015 ~ Disney Fantasy Eastern CC
kennedyandkailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 12:28 PM   #175
Naisy68
DIS Veteran

Question

What time is the pirate parade? We our doing our Pirates League makeover in the early evening so we will be ready for MNSSHP at 7pm that night. Will we miss the parade altogether. As you can tell, we are totally new to the Pirates League. We've done BBB three times but our DD decided to go pirate this year.
Old 07-12-2010, 12:55 PM   #176
skhermsmeyer

Thanks for all the replies! I went ahead and booked for my DS and DH. I don't know which one is more excited! DH even suggested that I get it done too, so I called back today but since they can't add me to the reservation, I'll be going at 3pm and they're due at 3:10. I figure that way DS can see what all they'll be doing and it might reassure him in case he's having any doubts. THANKS!

POP (Dec 2008) Off-site (Dec 2010) Off-site (May 2011) Off-site (Sept. 2011) Off-site (Oct-Nov 2011) Off-site (2012?) Off-site (2013?)

Old 07-12-2010, 01:32 PM   #177
skhermsmeyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naisy68 View Post
What time is the pirate parade? We our doing our Pirates League makeover in the early evening so we will be ready for MNSSHP at 7pm that night. Will we miss the parade altogether. As you can tell, we are totally new to the Pirates League. We've done BBB three times but our DD decided to go pirate this year.
The CM told me it happens at 4pm and that's why the last appt. is at 3:30 for the day. HTH

Old 07-12-2010, 04:44 PM   #178
Berlioz70
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naisy68 View Post
What time is the pirate parade? We our doing our Pirates League makeover in the early evening so we will be ready for MNSSHP at 7pm that night. Will we miss the parade altogether.
As mentioned, it is at 4:10ish. Due to other activities, I doubt the parade will be pushed back on party nights even though the League is open until 8.

Quote:
Thanks for all the replies! I went ahead and booked for my DS and DH. I don't know which one is more excited! DH even suggested that I get it done too, so I called back today but since they can't add me to the reservation, I'll be going at 3pm and they're due at 3:10. I figure that way DS can see what all they'll be doing and it might reassure him in case he's having any doubts. THANKS!
Check it everyone together and they will try to get you all in about the same time. The system only allows two people per 10 minutes in order to keep the chairs rotating all day, but of course it's a not a computer doing the check in process. The pirates try to keep paying groups together because then it's just the one bill at the end, which is easier for everyone.
Old 07-13-2010, 08:40 AM   #179
GoofyMomInOhio
DIS Veteran

After reading this thread, I decided to go ahead and book my older two kids for the Pirate's League. They are going to be super excited. Thanks for all the great info and pictures!
Old 07-13-2010, 01:01 PM   #180
Naisy68
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The CM told me it happens at 4pm and that's why the last appt. is at 3:30 for the day. HTH
Actually on MNSSHP days, they stay open later. Our appointment is at 5:20pm. I wonder if we will miss the parade altogether?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: