Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-12-2013, 03:26 PM   #1606
cajaput
Loving all things Disney!

I am DESPERATE for a Pirates League Reservation for October 10th, 2013! This is our first ever Disney trip, so I'm VERY new to all of this and had no idea about this activity until today! This would be perfect for my 7yr old son to do for our MNSSHP that night!

cajaput is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 04:34 PM   #1607
melnbil
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajaput View Post
I am DESPERATE for a Pirates League Reservation for October 10th, 2013! This is our first ever Disney trip, so I'm VERY new to all of this and had no idea about this activity until today! This would be perfect for my 7yr old son to do for our MNSSHP that night!
Keep trying everyday!! You never know when someone will cancel or they will open late reservations for MNSSHP!!

melnbil is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-12-2013, 04:54 PM   #1608
scrappymel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We will be there that day at 2:30. I hope you get your reservation! Pixie dust to you... Keep trying!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
*10/6-14/12 - AoA
*10/5-13/13 - CBR

scrappymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 01:23 PM   #1609
teetee830
"If you can dream it you can do it."~Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post

You're welcome and thanks!
I order the hat and costume from Amazon and received it Saturday! It's awesome and DS loves it. Thanks do much for the help!

]
teetee830 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 01:26 PM   #1610
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by teetee830 View Post
I order the hat and costume from Amazon and received it Saturday! It's awesome and DS loves it. Thanks do much for the help!
That's great! Happy to help! I highly suggest using a park day to get to MK before 4 on your party day. Peter Pan stops meeting before 4pm, so if you want a pic with him, you'll need to get there early. We arrived a 2 PM in costume last year, and just got our bags and wristbands at an in park lactation after 4pm.
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 09:04 PM   #1611
Tonto
Earning My Ears

Anyone secure a ressie after 4pm on an MNSSHP night, yet? Meant to call today and FORGOT!!
Tonto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 11:47 AM   #1612
2DisPrincesses
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajaput
I will be canceling a PL reservation for October 10th @1:55. We have changed our dates a bit due to free dining. I can only cancel by calling but we could try to coordinate a time to call if you want to try for it. We might want to wait a few days until the hold times are more manageable.

2DisPrincesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 09:57 PM   #1613
cajaput

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2DisPrincesses

I will be canceling a PL reservation for October 10th @1:55. We have changed our dates a bit due to free dining. I can only cancel by calling but we could try to coordinate a time to call if you want to try for it. We might want to wait a few days until the hold times are more manageable.
OH MY GOSH!!!!! I WOULD LOVE TO!!!! Just tell me what you need me to do and I'll do it!!!! I'm unable to send a PM because I'm so new. :0(

Old 08-04-2013, 12:54 AM   #1614
Mommy2Jameson
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle5 View Post
Anyone asked the make-up artist to skip the eye make-up on a boy? I am concerned about my son looking like a drag queen a week later when we have a wedding to attend! Should the make-up be long gone by then, if we should go ahead with it? Those of you who have done full pirate make-up with your son...would you allow it if you had a wedding a week later? Has anyone had great success with getting all the eye make-up off right away?

Thank you!
I just wanted to say that my son and I did this last October for MNSSHP. He got the cursed pirate look. When he showered that night, everything came off easily except the eyes. I tried a couple different soaps and makeup remover, with no luck. He had eyeliner in pics for the next day or two. Then a cast member somewhere suggested baby wipes. I bought a package in the AoA gift shop(cant remember if it was huggies or pampers) and it came right off! I'll definitely be taking some baby wipes next trip.

Also, I wanted to add that our gunner refused to take pictures of us together. She said it was set up only for a single person. Even after I stated that we had done this in the past, she refused. I was pretty bummed! I didnt really need pics of just myself as a pirate, and I even had suggested skipping single pictures of me in case it was a matter of not enough time for all the pictures.
Old 08-04-2013, 09:28 AM   #1615
cajaput

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2DisPrincesses View Post
Quote:
OH MY GOSH!!!!! I WOULD LOVE TO!!!! Just tell me what you need me to do and I'll do it!!!! I'm unable to send a PM because I'm so new. :0(
The 3-way call with Disney worked!!!! I got the 10/10 @ 1:55 reservation for my son!!!! I can't express how much I appreciate you taking the time to do that with me! You have literally made this first Disney trip PERFECT in my eyes!!! Now, I can take my daughter to her BBB makeover and my hubby can take our son to his PL makeover and they will be all decked out and ready to go to MNSSHP that night! And the best part about it all is that it's ALL A SURPRISE for our kids! They have NO CLUE we are going to Disney!!!!

Again, I can't thank you enough!!!! Sending you a big huge hug!!!

Old 08-04-2013, 09:31 AM   #1616
2DisPrincesses
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajaput

The 3-way call with Disney worked!!!! I got the 10/10 @ 1:55 reservation for my son!!!! I can't express how much I appreciate you taking the time to do that with me! You have literally made this first Disney trip PERFECT in my eyes!!! Now, I can take my daughter to her BBB makeover and my hubby can take our son to his PL makeover and they will be all decked out and ready to go to MNSSHP that night! And the best part about it all is that it's ALL A SURPRISE for our kids! They have NO CLUE we are going to Disney!!!!

Again, I can't thank you enough!!!! Sending you a big huge hug!!!
Oh thank goodness!!!! I've been on pins and needles since I hung up! I'm SO glad it worked- have a great time!!!!

2DisPrincesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 09:36 AM   #1617
Dan Murphy
We are family.

That was GREAT, Melanie, congratulations. And welcome to the dis.

Why she runs.....

Random acts of kindness, no matter how small, are never really lost. They live forever in the hearts of those who are fortunate enough to be on the receiving end of them----Lady M
dmurphydis@sbcglobal.net

Dan Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 08:49 PM   #1618
Dan Murphy
We are family.

I have to jump on your long running thread here, Brenna, congratulations on little Adelaide Jade. Welcome to the world, Adelaide.

Wishing many, many fun meet and greets for you all in the years ahead.

Why she runs.....

Random acts of kindness, no matter how small, are never really lost. They live forever in the hearts of those who are fortunate enough to be on the receiving end of them----Lady M
dmurphydis@sbcglobal.net

Dan Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 09:19 PM   #1619
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Murphy View Post
I have to jump on your long running thread here, Brenna, congratulations on little Adelaide Jade. Welcome to the world, Adelaide.

Wishing many, many fun meet and greets for you all in the years ahead.
Her video of meeting Mickey for the first time made me tear up. So adorable!
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 09:57 PM   #1620
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

That was very cool to read.

I am weirdly excited about our appointment in October. DS and DH will be pirates, of course, and I'm still going for the mermaid look. How important are the fingernails for this? I was thinking of getting a manicure (which I never ever do) right before the trip (there's a Butter:London nail salon at seatac, and my plane leaves 2 hours after DS and DH's flight...perfect, right?) and probably won't want to mess it up.

Does anyone have thoughts on the mermaid nail polish for an adult?

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: