Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-22-2013, 10:26 AM   #1516
Dan Murphy
We are family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post
I'm not sure if everyone tips or not, but I tipped $5 to each of our pirates. Wasn't quite 20%, but it was nice and easy to just have a couple of $5 bills to hand off.
We did likewise. The PL was a great experience, one of our trip highlights with the grandkids.

Why she runs.....

Random acts of kindness, no matter how small, are never really lost. They live forever in the hearts of those who are fortunate enough to be on the receiving end of them----Lady M
dmurphydis@sbcglobal.net

Dan Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 04:12 PM   #1517
DisneyBabies
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebekah8284 View Post
Just a question about how many people can do the league at the same time.? Am planning on taking my son, nephew, three nieces and myself my sister-in-law says she wants to do it too with the kids. Can they do big groups or do you have your appointments back to back.
When we scheduled ours for October, the cast member tried to find an appt for 4, but the earliest was 4p, so she split it into 2 groups of 2 and got us appts for 11:40a and 11:50a. Works great for us.

Me DH DS10 DD8 DD 22mo Oreo Harry II Reeses Pieces (I need a Guinea Pig smilie!)

BCR April 2007 - 3rd Anniversary w/DH
CBR Pirate Room February 2009 - DS's 5th B-day w/DH & DS
POP March 2010 - 6th Anniversary w/DH
ASMusic Suite February 2011 - DD's 5th B-day w/DH & DD
ASSports October 2014 - My B-day w/DH
AoA Nemo Suite October 2015 - MNSSHP w/DH, DS & DD
DisneyBabies is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-26-2013, 09:37 AM   #1518
OrangeU
Mouseketeer

Logistics Question

Ok, so we're going in December and have 3 boys in our party. We also have one girl in our party. So, I'm thinking about getting the 3 boys in the Pirate League , and the girl in BBB at pretty much the same reservation time, to cut down on "wasted time". Question for you guys is: should I get the earliest PL at 9 am and do the BBB at 9? OR Do the BBB at 8, and the boys and me run for fast passes at say Space Mt, dumbo and Barnstormer (it's my understanding that dumbo and barnstormer are disconnected FP's so I could hold all 3 at the same time), then get over to PL for a 9-915 (but that'd leave the "princesses" standing around while we're in PL) OR something else? Please advise and God Bless! LOL

I realize one "group" could be looking at something and/or riding something while the other is getting "dolled up", and I don't think there's really a scenario where this can't be avoided. Either this happens, or one group stands around waiting on the other..... Or we may end up having to skip getting "good" FP's early, so that we can get them dressed up......As you can tell, I'm a planner........lol
OrangeU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:40 AM   #1519
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeU View Post
Ok, so we're going in December and have 3 boys in our party. We also have one girl in our party. So, I'm thinking about getting the 3 boys in the Pirate League , and the girl in BBB at pretty much the same reservation time, to cut down on "wasted time". Question for you guys is: should I get the earliest PL at 9 am and do the BBB at 9? OR Do the BBB at 8, and the boys and me run for fast passes at say Space Mt, dumbo and Barnstormer (it's my understanding that dumbo and barnstormer are disconnected FP's so I could hold all 3 at the same time), then get over to PL for a 9-915 (but that'd leave the "princesses" standing around while we're in PL) OR something else? Please advise and God Bless! LOL

I realize one "group" could be looking at something and/or riding something while the other is getting "dolled up", and I don't think there's really a scenario where this can't be avoided. Either this happens, or one group stands around waiting on the other..... Or we may end up having to skip getting "good" FP's early, so that we can get them dressed up......As you can tell, I'm a planner........lol
Is there any chance the girl would go for the mermaid package at PL? How many adults are there, and are they willing to miss out on seeing someone's makeover by splitting the group up?
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:51 AM   #1520
OrangeU
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post
Is there any chance the girl would go for the mermaid package at PL? How many adults are there, and are they willing to miss out on seeing someone's makeover by splitting the group up?
I'm going to ask about the mermaid deal this weekend with my in-laws, but I doubt they'll want to do that. They've charged me with organizing (I love it and organized our last trip) and I've heard them repeatedly say they want to do BBB. There's 6 adults and it's my understanding that they only allow 6 total in one's party at these events? My wife and I are fine with missing BBB (b/c it's not our little girl), but I don't know how the grandparents are going to be. I think they're gonna pretty much have to choose one or the other, or we're gonna "lose" time. I also hope I'm not being "anal" but they only have time for ONE MK day, and that day is going to be the Christmas Party day....
Old 04-26-2013, 10:02 AM   #1521
Berlioz70
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Do the BBB at 8, and the boys and me run for fast passes at say Space Mt, dumbo and Barnstormer (it's my understanding that dumbo and barnstormer are disconnected FP's so I could hold all 3 at the same time), then get over to PL for a 9-915 (but that'd leave the "princesses" standing around while we're in PL)
Those areas will not be open to get FP until the park opens at 9. I do think it makes sense to go in early for BBB at 8 and then a 9 for TPL, but the boys will have to wait during that first hour.
Old 04-26-2013, 10:10 AM   #1522
OrangeU
Mouseketeer

That would be fine, to go in at 8 and wait around with the boys. I didn't realize we could do that (IF we get that early reservation at BBB). I could then assign another "runner" while the boys an me do PL. There are a TON of things to just stand in awe of and take pics when the park is pretty much empty. lol That scenario would be good.....

EDIT: Will the front gate let this party of 10 all in at 8 am, given the limit on how many can actually go into BBB with our girl?
UPDATE TO MY OWN EDIT I called them and they said they'd allow 4 people in the room with the "princess" (so 5 total). He also said they'd allow our entire party inside the park, and that we'd be allowed to "wander around" until park opening. They'd simply confirm our reservation time, and let us all in. Good stuff to know. It's probably already been covered in the BBB forum, but I just thought I'd update.

Last edited by OrangeU; 04-26-2013 at 11:51 AM.
Old 04-26-2013, 10:18 AM   #1523
hoffmase
Earning My Ears

when are you eligible to make reservations for the Pirates League? is it 180 days out?
hoffmase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:35 AM   #1524
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffmase View Post
when are you eligible to make reservations for the Pirates League? is it 180 days out?
PL follows the same 180+10 rule as dining. So if you want to do PL on day 4 of your onsite stay, you can call 180 days out from your check in date. If you are an offsite guest, you must call 180 days from the date you want the appointment.
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 11:41 AM   #1525
LINYMOM
Mouseketeer

Do they still offer Boney?
LINYMOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 01:29 PM   #1526
serene56
DIS Veteran

Quote:
T
UPDATE TO MY OWN EDIT I called them and they said they'd allow 4 people in the room with the "princess" (so 5 total). He also said they'd allow our entire party inside the park, and that we'd be allowed to "wander around" until park opening. They'd simply confirm our reservation time, and let us all in. Good stuff to know. It's probably already been covered in the BBB forum, but I just thought I'd update.
if the park is not opened yet there isnt much wandering they can do-- main st is the only thing opened.

or can they walk around fantasy land?
Old 04-26-2013, 01:33 PM   #1527
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by serene56 View Post
if the park is not opened yet there isnt much wandering they can do-- main st is the only thing opened.

or can they walk around fantasy land?
They cannot wander Fantasyland. But Main Street would be enough for me.
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 01:41 PM   #1528
OrangeU
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
They cannot wander Fantasyland.
That's what he told me as well. But, for someone who doesn't go a lot and having a couple of 1st timers there with us, Main St. at Christmastime will be cool enough to "waste" an hour or less on.....lol
Like I said earlier, I feel pretty certain some down time is going to be inevitable given our demographic and the fact all the kids want to get ''dressed up''. Hopefully, y'all regulars have a better idea for me. I think trying to get the earliest BBB @ 8 and PL @ 9 are our best bets, if they want to ride anything early in the am without having to wait forever....
Old 04-26-2013, 02:06 PM   #1529
serene56
DIS Veteran

Quote:
That's what he told me as well. But, for someone who doesn't go a lot and having a couple of 1st timers there with us, Main St. at Christmastime will be cool enough to "waste" an hour or less on.....lol
Like I said earlier, I feel pretty certain some down time is going to be inevitable given our demographic and the fact all the kids want to get ''dressed up''. Hopefully, y'all regulars have a better idea for me. I think trying to get the earliest BBB @ 8 and PL @ 9 are our best bets, if they want to ride anything early in the am without having to wait forever....

I am saving the PL for an after lunch thing--- morning times are too precious to be doing other stuff then rides. and the afternoon time will be an added down time-- relaxing and getting a do over at the same time

PL also has that parade in the afternoon that kids can participate in.
Old 04-26-2013, 02:25 PM   #1530
2Pirates2Princesses
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by serene56 View Post

I am saving the PL for an after lunch thing--- morning times are too precious to be doing other stuff then rides. and the afternoon time will be an added down time-- relaxing and getting a do over at the same time

PL also has that parade in the afternoon that kids can participate in.

This is our plan too. We scheduled our PL reservation for the afternoon when we are done with our major touring and lunch, and so that the makeovers would be done in time (even if the PL is running a little behind) for that afternoon pirate parade.
2Pirates2Princesses is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: