Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-02-2014, 10:16 PM   #1
Christinaxo
Mouseketeer

Cant book Fastpass+!! :(

Forgive me if this question has been answered but can you not book Fastpass+ if you have a split reservation and the tickets are linked to the second reservation? We check in 8/29 and have a RO until 8/31 so we could get the FD. Last year we had a similar situation and we were able to use the tickets before the package started. Now the CM on the phone says that is not allowed and I will not be able to enter a park let alone book Fastpass+! Its only one day before that I need the tickets for and he said no! Is he just misinformed like some CMs seem to be sometimes or is this the new reality? IF we need to we will go to the park and book FP+ as soon as we get there (which will be a pain but we have a before park opening ADR) but there is not much for us to do at DHS anyways and we are really going for the Frozen summer event anyways. As long as we ride TSMM we will be fine as its our favorite ride there but what if we won't be able to even get in?? Thanks so much for any help!!

Me DH DS(9) DD(4)

AKL- Aug 2013 (1st Trip) CSR- Aug/Sept 2014
Christinaxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 10:51 PM   #2
nydancemom
Mouseketeer

Unfortunately, as far as I can tell, you can't book fast passes for the first part of the stay (the first reservation) until you get the tickets activated when you arrive and pick them up early. I have been assured by multiple people that package tickets can still be picked up three days early.

We are in the same situation for our August trip. We arrive 8/15 but our package for FD (bounce back) doesn't start until 8/20. Our 8 day hoppers are attached to the FD reservation package. We plan to spend the first day at the resort, our second day we already have booked a cabana at Typhoon Lagoon and then we will pick up our tickets three days early for the rest of our trip. I recently booked our fast passes for the last 5 days (the second reservation) but can't book ours for the first couple of days until we get there.
Register to remove

Old 07-03-2014, 06:43 AM   #3
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christinaxo View Post
Forgive me if this question has been answered but can you not book Fastpass+ if you have a split reservation and the tickets are linked to the second reservation? We check in 8/29 and have a RO until 8/31 so we could get the FD. Last year we had a similar situation and we were able to use the tickets before the package started. Now the CM on the phone says that is not allowed and I will not be able to enter a park let alone book Fastpass+! Its only one day before that I need the tickets for and he said no! Is he just misinformed like some CMs seem to be sometimes or is this the new reality? IF we need to we will go to the park and book FP+ as soon as we get there (which will be a pain but we have a before park opening ADR) but there is not much for us to do at DHS anyways and we are really going for the Frozen summer event anyways. As long as we ride TSMM we will be fine as its our favorite ride there but what if we won't be able to even get in?? Thanks so much for any help!!
Unless you want to abandon your free dining package, the only thing you can do is go to Guest Relations at one of the parks or at DTD on your first day to pick up your package tickets early.

And yes, despite what the phone CMs say, you can still pick up your tickets early. But you'll have to wait until you get there to make the FP+ reservations for the non-package portion of your stay.
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/2011 -- CR, 3/2012 -- Windsor Hills, 10/2012 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/2013 -- BWV, 5/2013 -- BLT, 10/2013 -- YC CL, 5/2014 -- BWV, 08/2014 -- VGF/BLT, 12/2014 -- BWV, 4/2015 -- BLT

Missyrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 07:25 AM   #4
ljmclin
Mouseketeer

Yes you can still pick up your tickets early. CM's told me this was not allowed as well when I called prior to our January 2014 trip. Those on this board assured me I would be able to do it, and they were right. We picked our tickets up in DTD 3 days prior to the start of our package. We had 2 nights at a DTD property and 1 room only night at our hotel. They gave us the standard grey magic bands that we were able to use to go to the parks. The day our package started, they activated our customized bands.

DH :: Me DD12 DS 9 DD 7: : Sarge
ljmclin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 07:52 AM   #5
wdwlver
DIS Veteran

Same boat here. Was told over phone I could not get tix attached to package early so I panicked and bought 2 day tix for my family. Cost $$$$!! Was so annoyed to find out later I could have gotten tix before package starts.

Disney Trips
2014 - GFV & YC - 2013 - BC & BCV - 2012 - GF, BCV - 2011 - BCV, YC - 2010 - POLY & BCV - 2009 - BWV & BCV - 2008 - BWI & BWV, 2007 - BWV, 2006 - BWV & BCV,2005 - SSR & YC, 2004 - WL,2003 - Swan,2002 - WL,2001 - AKL,2000 - GF,1999 - WL & YC,1997 - WL,1994 - GF,1993 - GF & BC,1992 - GF,1991 - CR & BC, - & many trips to DLR
wdwlver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 08:11 AM   #6
MakiraMarlena
It's a big black fish to you

this is correct - if you add on a room-only BEFORE your package, your package tickets will not cover the additional reservation.

You CAN pick up the package tickets up to 3 days early (if you call WDW and ask they will tell you that you can't - but you can). However, you must do this while are are at WDW, so you won't be able to book FP+ any earlier for the extra days.

You should also remember that while the Frozen fireworks are going on, they will close TSM an hour to an hour and a half before fireworks start because it's in the fallout zone, and you won't be able to get any fastpasses that include times between 8 and 10 PM. On days when the park closes at 10, TSM will not reopen, but it will when the park is open later.
MakiraMarlena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 08:31 AM   #7
Christinaxo
Mouseketeer

Ok sounds good thanks everyone!! So I would have to pick them up when getting to the park I could not just get them at the resort concierge is what I am understanding?

Me DH DS(9) DD(4)

AKL- Aug 2013 (1st Trip) CSR- Aug/Sept 2014
Christinaxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 08:58 AM   #8
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christinaxo View Post
Ok sounds good thanks everyone!! So I would have to pick them up when getting to the park I could not just get them at the resort concierge is what I am understanding?
Correct, you have to go to guest relations to pick up your package tickets early.
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/2011 -- CR, 3/2012 -- Windsor Hills, 10/2012 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/2013 -- BWV, 5/2013 -- BLT, 10/2013 -- YC CL, 5/2014 -- BWV, 08/2014 -- VGF/BLT, 12/2014 -- BWV, 4/2015 -- BLT

Missyrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 10:19 AM   #9
MakiraMarlena
It's a big black fish to you

Must be a Guest Relations at a park or DTD. Resorts won't do this.
MakiraMarlena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 10:47 AM   #10
Altoqueenkelly
You gotta be original because if you're like someone else, what do they need you for?

Luckily it is just one day, so you can go to the park guest relations and request your tickets be activated a day early. You wont be able to get FP+ in advance for that first day but you should be able to book for the rest of the trip. You can use the kiosk inside the park when you get there for that first day

Countless Childhood trips to Ft. Wilderness*2003 Contemporary*2005 Port Orleans-Riverside*2009 Pop Century*2011 Pop Century*2014 AS-Sports
Altoqueenkelly is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: