Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-06-2010, 09:44 AM   #31
Adrismommy
Earning My Ears

Adri's wish party is going to be next Wednesday at a local park. There will be pizza, cake, and some gifts. We are so excited! We'll then leave on Saturday. I am in full-on planning mode now.

I feel pretty sure I've said this before, but DH and I keep talking and we really want this to be a trip where we soak it all in instead of cramming it all in. We tried to cram last spring when we went and it just made for very tired mommy and daughter. Adri had lost her voice by the end of the week because we pushed her too hard. So our plan is to come home every day for a nap and then go back to the parks after that based on how the kids are doing. There may be a night where one of us will stay back with Cooper and the other will take Adri back to MK for a parade or something.

But we both agree that if we soak in everything that GKTW has to offer, get to do BBB and CRT as well as Cooper's first haircut at the Harmony Barbershop (booked that yesterday - so excited!), then everything else in the week is just going to be gravy.

So our loose plan as of now is to get there Saturday late afternoon and just explore GKTW, go to orientation, do Mayor Clayton's party, and get to bed early. Sunday will be MK day with a break in the middle of the day. Monday will be a Disney day but what we do is TBD based on how things went the first day. Tuesday is our day of ressies - Cooper's haircut, Adri's BBB, and CRT for lunch. We'll nap again and head back out to the parks that evening. Then Wednesday is going to be our very low key day to give the kids a break. We'll do Sea World that morning and then nap. We aren't going to make any plans for the evening. If all went well we may go to Universal for a little while, but maybe not. We may just play at the pool and explore the village. Thursday is going to be our Universal day to come home for a late nap and enjoy the Christmas festivities that evening. Then Friday we leave. We've decided to go home the long way (adds an hour to an 8 1/2 hour drive) so that we can visit some very good friends in South Georgia. Because of that we're going to spend a good bit of Friday afternoon with them and then drive to Atlanta to a hotel and make the last 2 1/2 hours home on Saturday morning. Then on Monday DH goes back to work and it's when he does his 10 hour days, he graduates the following Saturday, and Adri has her MRI the following Tuesday. It's going to be busy busy so we want to soak in all the fun while we're there.
Adri (wish child, 3 years old)
Cooper (baby, turns 1 in September)

Adri's pre-trip report
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2428641
Adrismommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 01:28 PM   #32
brookerene
DIS Veteran

Smile How exciting!

This trip is exciting. We will be going to Disney for the first time on my son's wish trip. We will be staying at GKTW too. I hope your trip goes well and look forward to hearing all about it!
brookerene is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-14-2010, 08:44 AM   #33
casper_jj11
DIS Veteran

Hi! Adri's party is today right? I can't wait to hear how everything goes. I hope you have nice weather for it. You're trip is coming so fast! It's all very exciting.
Princess Sydney's Magical Wish Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post38079645
casper_jj11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 02:57 PM   #34
Adrismommy
Earning My Ears

The wish party was so much fun! It was perfect. Just perfect. We honestly had been a little nervous about the party. Adri didn't really understand the concept. I mean, she's 3. She knows she's going to Disney and she knows she wished for that, but she's been to Disney before so she isn't fully grasping that this is a special trip. But the idea of a party because of a trip she just didn't understand. In her mind, what's a party where none of her friends are there and she doesn't know anybody? So we've kind of been talking a lot about how special this is and how thankful we are and all of that, to build excitement.

We get there and it's just the Marketing Coordinator for the SC chapter and the casting director that did all of the fundraising. And honestly, we weren't sure if that was going to be it or not. We introduced ourselves and within a few minutes Adri was asking for lunch and Tona (casting director) said that one more special guest was coming. I wasn't sure who it was.

Turns out that Cyrus (from King of the Crown, which was the show that by far raised the most money $ from the competition) is good friends with Tona. He told her that there was a girl he coached in pageants that had actually been all of the princesses at Disney and was great with kids. So they invited this girl to the party. She couldn't be in Disney princess character because of her contract with them, so she was just princess Mikayla. But she comes walking through the park and Adri's eyes got so bright. Now mind you, it's noon in a very popular park in the area and there are kids EVERYWHERE oohing and ahhing over this girl. She comes up to our shelter that was reserved and Adri runs to meet her. She says, "are you Adri?" and Adri grabs her hand and they walk to the shelter together.

Once they got there, she gave Adri a princess book and brought pictures of every Disney princess (who actually, were all her - she has played every one at MK except for Mulan) and each of them had signed a special message. Then she taught Adri how to wave like a princess, curtsy (sp?) like a princess, hug like a princess, dance like a princess, play pat-a-cake like a princess and on and on. Then Adri sat in her lap and she read her a book. Then we had lunch, opened presents, and ate cake. And this girl - in blazing heat and fully decked out in princess garb did it all with Adri. And she was in character the whole time. It was awesome. Then after the eating and present opening, Adri took her to the playground where they did all sorts of stuff. She even convinced her to go down the slide with her in her big dress and crinlin. Her mom was there with her so it was just our family, the MAW staff person, the casting director, the princess, and her mom. But it was perfect. I think a big crowd would've been intimidating.

The girl and her mom were so gracious and I think the casting director and MAW staff girl had fun watching all of the interaction. Adri was in heaven! One of her gifts was a dress with matching crown, shoes, earrings, and wand, so they dressed up and posed together. Then she also got a princess teepee and they sat in there and had a tea party together. Honestly, this was like a wish for Adri. She's not going to understand when the Disney princesses don't just follow her around the whole time. Ha!

I'm going to edit some pictures and upload them but wanted to share the story. Tona said that they could've bombarded us with people (I guess a lot of the reality contestants actually wanted to come?), but I'm actually glad we did it this way. This was more fitting for the wish. She did invite us to a dinner that she is doing in September where there will be a "reality stars" table so that the people that gave will have a chance to meet her. She also had a bunch of signed pictures for us but had to check with MAW before giving them to us (something about national standards for MAW and not doing "extras" that could be considered a wish), so that will be a fun treat for me later.

Adri's pre-trip report
Old 07-14-2010, 03:52 PM   #35
brookerene
DIS Veteran

Awesome!

What an awesome party for your little princess. I look forward to seeing the photos.
Old 07-14-2010, 04:24 PM   #36
cajunfan
Welcome to the DIS where wishes really DO come true! :)

I can't wait to see pictures! It sounds absolutely awesome!

Lynn
Old 07-14-2010, 06:30 PM   #37
rcq925
Mouseketeer

Sounds like a wonderful party! I am so excited for you guys! It is so close! I can't wait to hear all about it and see all your pictures when you get back! Have a wonderful and safe trip!!

PTR- http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2450895

TR- Hayley's Magical Make A Wish Trip-
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post39032507
rcq925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 10:03 PM   #38
Adrismommy
Earning My Ears

A few of my favorite pictures from the day

Adri's pre-trip report
Old 07-14-2010, 10:38 PM   #39
kctwinmommy
I don't think I say anything cute

Aww... Love the one of them hugging, your DD is beautiful!!! And the Princess, she's beautiful as well! I'm so glad the party went so well!

Pre-trip report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2486678
kctwinmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 01:48 AM   #40
yinyanggirls
DIS Veteran

Awwwwwww! That first one says it all with that smile! And the hugging one is so sweet. It sounds like an amazing party.
yinyanggirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 04:28 AM   #41
J'sMum
Mouseketeer

Awww your dd is so precious the hugging picture is so cute as well as how happy she looked when dressed up in her own princess gown soo excited for you all !!

Trip Report for J' http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post38619970
Dance to the petals on the streams running down,
they're there for you singing, just to lose that frown.
Dance from the song you feel beat within your heart,
it beats within you naturally loving from the start.
J'sMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 01:53 PM   #42
brookerene
DIS Veteran

I luv the hug shot, and the girl looked like a princess for your litle one. How wonderful.
Old 07-16-2010, 06:01 AM   #43
cajunfan

Have a Magical Trip!

Wow! What wonderful pictures! Both Adri and her princess are stunning! The hug shot is priceless!

BTW, love Adri's shirt! You did a fabulous job. Now I can't wait until you all get back to hear all about it and see some wonderful pictures.

Thanks!

Lynn
Old 07-16-2010, 04:39 PM   #44
kdzbear
DIS Veteran

I love the pictures of Adri with the princess. The one of her hugging the princess is precious!

Tyler's Wish Trip (Nov. 20-25, 2009): http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2154359 Sept. 12-20, 2009 Trip report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2292505
kdzbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 04:25 PM   #45
cajunfan

Welcome Back!

I can't wait to hear all about it and see some pictures!

Lynn

Tags
gktw, maw

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: