Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-25-2010, 04:43 PM   #1
disney2008
Mouseketeer

Is it true Fast pass times really don't expire?

Hey guys
I know that fast passes give you an hour when to return to us. So, if you are suppose to return between 1-2pm, I was told they really don't expire that day and you can use it anytime after 1pm.
Is this true?
I have been in a situation where we are getting close to the "expiration" time and just wanted to know your experiences

Thanks!!!
disney2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 04:50 PM   #2
Berlioz70
DIS Veteran

Yep! You can always go later, on the same day, just not earlier. The only location that has not honored this is the past has been Soarin', but I've never had a problem there or anywhere!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-25-2010, 04:50 PM   #3
BrettS
DIS Veteran

Yes, this is true, but they are only valid on the day they were issued. You can't take one from yesterday or a few days ago and expect to use it today.
BrettS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 04:53 PM   #4
puffkin
DVC Owner- SSR & AKV

I very rarely use one during the printed window. Never once have been turned away (and we go a lot). As long as it is for that day, you should be fine.

Veteran of 25+ trips to the World
puffkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 05:14 PM   #5
PanamaMike
DIS Veteran

And as I experienced during one of my MK days earlier this month, Cast Members were announcing during attraction introductions, that Fast Passes were still valid after their window had passed.
PanamaMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 06:05 PM   #6
nooneshome
but us dis shutins-send help or APs

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanamaMike View Post
And as I experienced during one of my MK days earlier this month, Cast Members were announcing during attraction introductions, that Fast Passes were still valid after their window had passed.
This happened to us on our February trip. The CM in COP made this announcement. It was the first time I heard a CM say this. On this trip I gave away a lot of FPs and had to explain this to most of them.
Old 03-25-2010, 06:31 PM   #7
punkin
Went through pain just to look like a lopsided Whoopi Goldberg

I once got a FP for 12:30pm for Peter Pan, but we left the park, got lunch, swam, relaxed and came back after dinner. We gave the CM our FPs around 8 pm. He made a snide comment about them being expired, but let us in anyway.
punkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 07:10 PM   #8
Leshaface
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkin View Post
I once got a FP for 12:30pm for Peter Pan, but we left the park, got lunch, swam, relaxed and came back after dinner. We gave the CM our FPs around 8 pm. He made a snide comment about them being expired, but let us in anyway.
Haha! I've done the same thing!! Grabbed a FP early on in the AM, switched parks, napped, had dinner, went back to the first park and used my FP without any snippy remarks!!! LOVED IT!!

DLR: Yearly trips from 1991-2006, AP holder Jan 06 (monthly trips thru May 2008), Nov 08 DLH-Dreams, Jan 09 GCH, June 09 DLH-Magic, June 09 Desert Inn, Oct 09 Tropicana, Mar 10 GCH, May 10 Castle Inn, Nov 10 GCH, Mar 11 DLH, Nov 11 GCH, Mar 12 PPH, Apr 12 PPH, July 12 PPH, Nov 12 DLH, May 13 GCH, July 14 VGC, Oct 14 CCI
WDW : June 2-8, 2008 - Pop Century, January 20-28, 2010 - CSR, Dec 8-15, 2012 AKV/BWV, Oct 5-11, 2013 SSR/AKV/BLT
DCL: Dream June 2011, Wonder Dec 2011

Starting the New Year off right!...at WDW January 2015 PTR
Food and Wine? Sounds Divine! Oct 2013 TROur First WDW Trip as Parents - December 2012
Mexican Riviera Cruise with WONDERful Souvenir in the Works!Dream CAME True! June 21-26, 2011 TR
Food, Fun, and Frivolity: 8 Funtabulous days
Ugh, what were we thinking?! 9 days Deluxe Dining, The Crow's fly to Disneyworld! Jan 20-28, 2010 Pre-TR, DLR - The Proposal, Bouncers, and a Celebrity! June 3-6
Leshaface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 07:14 PM   #9
disney2008
Mouseketeer

Thank everyone for your responses! Sounds like no one has trouble!
disney2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 07:29 PM   #10
lemondog
My twins fight over who tooted
I always have the itch!

We were there last week in the height of the level 10 crowds, and we never had a problem using our FP after the window had passed, even on the biggie rides like TSM and RnR. In fact, they were MUCH stricter about not letting people thru until the exact minute listed on their FP. There were lines at all the FP entrances waiting until the exact minute their window opened up, because they were NOT getting thru one second earlier, lol.

DD1 (13), DD2 (10), DD3 (10) DD4 (2)

I've been pickled! Thanks illuminati!
lemondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 07:36 PM   #11
Minnie824
DIS Veteran

I understand its allowed and all, but doesn't it sort of defeat the purpose of the fastpass, if people aren't actually using it during the time window? That makes it more crowded at other times.

Last edited by Minnie824; 03-25-2010 at 07:49 PM.
Minnie824 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 07:43 PM   #12
keishashadow
Proud Redhead
When you gotta go, you gotta go ... it's a girl thing
Hmmm, I lust
I TOLD YOU SO!

i've had Soarin CM refuse use of our FP that was less than a 1/2 hour past the window's end time. I explained that we had to wait 1/2 hour for a table @ coral reef. He called over his supervisor who repeated 'sorry'.

i wasn't happy, at DL we enjoyed the practice of collecting FP early, then using @ will accepted

This may well explain why the FPs are gone so early in the day & why wait lines are soo long in the early evening.

keishashadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 08:13 PM   #13
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie824 View Post
I understand its allowed and all, but doesn't it sort of defeat the purpose of the fastpass, if people aren't actually using it during the time window? That makes it more crowded at other times.
Not really, not to any extent that matters. In fact it makes the standby line go a little faster in the meantime.

Warning - the following link can cure insomnia:

Why using a late FASTPASS doesn't matter!

Quote:
Originally Posted by keishashadow View Post
i've had Soarin CM refuse use of our FP that was less than a 1/2 hour past the window's end time. I explained that we had to wait 1/2 hour for a table @ coral reef. He called over his supervisor who repeated 'sorry'.

i wasn't happy, at DL we enjoyed the practice of collecting FP early, then using @ will accepted

This may well explain why the FPs are gone so early in the day & why wait lines are soo long in the early evening.
How long ago was this? This seemed to be more common at Soarin' early on, but first hand reports have dwindled to nil in the past couple years.

When it happens nowadays, its usually due to an inexperienced CM, and is usually solved by simply coming back later when there is a different CM.

I can't explain the "manager" backing up the CM (unless as I said this was early on with Soarin'). But I've heard many stories of managers backing up CMs who were plainly wrong at a variety of things.

I will add that the attraction manager DOES have the authority to declare that late Fastpasses will not be accepted - usually that involves certain circumstances.
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

doconeill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 08:31 PM   #14
keishashadow
Proud Redhead
When you gotta go, you gotta go ... it's a girl thing
Hmmm, I lust
I TOLD YOU SO!

we had it happen last summer, we managed to survive

certainly not worth it to me to challenge the supervisor after, she said 'no'; we dealt. I think the CMs have their hands full, not about to add to the grief I've seen them get from other guests.

could be it was getting near 'closing time'

i just wanted to relay my personal experience YMMV

keishashadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 08:39 PM   #15
Suellen
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by keishashadow View Post
we had it happen last summer, we managed to survive

certainly not worth it to me to challenge the supervisor after, she said 'no'; we dealt. I think the CMs have their hands full, not about to add to the grief I've seen them get from other guests.

could be it was getting near 'closing time'

i just wanted to relay my personal experience YMMV
I've had it happen before even by not as much as 30 minutes. On Soarin' and on Peter Pan.

That being said ~ they let us on PP early this last trip with our FP. We fully intended to wait as DD didn't want to do anything else until she got to use her FP. They said to just go ahead on.

I try not to go after. It isn't worth the risk of not getting to ride. When you have been turned away before on something you really wanted to try.... it kinda makes you want to use it when you know it won't happen.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: