Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-26-2010, 12:51 AM   #16
yinyanggirls
DIS Veteran

GO Macylea! That's awesome! I was surprised to see her wrestling the boys, but all the better that she won a medal!

Dinner looked fun. Sounds like an amazing organization up there.

What else are kids gonna do at 1am? I love how you just made yourselves at home.
Old 03-26-2010, 09:34 AM   #17
cantwaittoseemickey
DIS Veteran

Great start to your TR! Wrestleing boys GO GET EM!!!! I would have loved to wrestle but there was no girl wresteling in our school. I just wrestled my uncle and cousin instead

Your dinner looks like a nice place. Too funny about the Ice Cream shop. We actually had a Tastee Freeze here but it went out. That place was great. Had ice cream and food too.

OMG my kids would LOVE the wheelchair race. My dh would have a nervous breakdown We live between two airports. One has those moving sidewalks the other doesnt. The one we are flying out of doesnt have them.

Your poor dh. I can't imagine having to go to the tiny little bathroom on the plane all the time.

I LOVE the Disney Airplane!!!

Cant wait to read more!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-26-2010, 12:00 PM   #18
alaskanabbott
DIS Veteran

I'm almost done with day two, I'll have it posted in a few hours.
TR-THE WEEK OF YES!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2428215
GKTW-3/10 ASMO-2/11 Disney Wonder-2/12Disney Wonder-11/12Disney Magic-1/13
Old 03-26-2010, 12:25 PM   #19
alaskanabbott
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by onejellyshelly View Post
Hello,

I cannot wait to hear more about your special trip. I live in Fl. but I use to spend my summers in Anchorage with family. I loved every second of it
Hurray someone who knows about Alaska, welcome! We live in Soldotna

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacrosby View Post
OMG what a great start!!!!! Can't wait to read more. Love the px (although I did notice that there are none of you in there anywhere )
That's because I'm the one holding the camera always! I do have a few though, I'll post those next

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy442 View Post
I love that plane and my little nephew would love to fly on that plane. I hope your DH doesn't have the flu and he feels better soon so he can enjoy your trip. Can't wait to hear more!
Oh just wait, it gets better, or worse, or both!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maroo View Post
awesome start!!!

I am impressed with all of your pics and how organized you guys are!

Can't wait for more!
I am actually pretty organized, mostly because there's just so many of us I have to be. I didn't take nearly as many pictures as I should have, we did a lot of video though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunfan View Post
WoooHOOO!! A new trip report! Can't wait to read all about it!

Lynn
Welcome Lynn, I hope you enjoy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnutallergymom View Post
Sounds SOOOOO amazing!!! I am loving the wheelchair races!!!

You aren't going to drag this thing on like some people I know, right????

I'm practically dying over here waiting for someone to hurry up and finish before we go!!!!!

Can't wait to hear about the ice cream!!!!
I'm planning on posting everyday, unless I get a very busy day, I was going to wait for the pictures from the photo pass, but I decided I can post those later, I'm too excited and want to do this

Quote:
Originally Posted by 15isto2 View Post
Great start to the report, hope DH starts feeling better
Well he's better now! And we had a blast , so it worked out fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahsketomom View Post
YAY!!! I'm taking notes because we leave in less than 2 weeks!!

Congrats on 3rd place, but UGH about DH traveling while sick. That happened to me one time when I was ALONE traveling with Ella (who was 9months). WORST TRIP OF MY LIFE. Hope the FL weather ends up making him better....maybe?

Can't wait to hear more!!!! YAY!!!!
We joined with three weeks until our trip. I almost wish we had had more time to savour the excitement of the trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccgirl View Post
Subscribing. Can't wait to hear all about it. You have a lovely family. I hope nobody else got sick!
Thanks, I like them! I think we got some beautiful pictures of them this trip. Welcome aboard

Quote:
Originally Posted by heaven2dc View Post
What a beautiful family you have! I always get so choked up and teary eyed when I read of wonderful stories like this - I'm so happy James got his Wish and you all could be included in on the trip.
Me too, I read Henri's book on the airplane home, and was crying the whole time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wee Annie View Post
Welcome back!!!!!!! LOVE the start to your TR!

We are going in 3 weeks (and I haven't really started planning, although I finally found my sunglasses), and I plan on our spending a decent amount of time at GKTW. So I can't wait to hear all about it!
I'm planning to write a lot about our time at GKTW, we spent more time there than we expected too, and enjoyed every minute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momofwishkid View Post
Great start! I hope Dh got better soon. Congrats on 3rd place that's awesome. Cant wait to hear more.
Hubby is at a conference for a few days, so I can actually get some of this written We were all pretty happy with her medal too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wee Annie View Post
I thought that book was incredibly well written. Depressing yet uplifting at the same time. And just so well written. Can you believe that my 12 year old daughter asked me if she could read it???? She claimed that "all" her friends had read it! I think it's so inappropriate for a girl her age (and obviously said no!).

Btw, SO sorry that your hubby got so ill. Hope no one else came down with it.... And I'm so impressed with your daughter wrestling (and pinning!) the boys. Love it when girls excel like that!
Yeah, so my daughter started to read it, before I had, and handed it over to me the first chapter and said it was too much for her...that's why I read the chapter to see what was bad, then I couldn't put it down! Thanks goodness she was smart enough not to continue to read it, though, it was definitely not 12 year old material
Old 03-26-2010, 01:18 PM   #20
ms mouse
DIS Veteran

You have a lovely family, cant wait to hear about your trip.
Old 03-26-2010, 01:20 PM   #21
wishin' on a star
DIS Veteran

Subscribing! I can't wait to hear all about your trip!!!

You have a beautiful family!!
Old 03-26-2010, 01:28 PM   #22
melifeld
Mouseketeer

I'm in!!!

Tell me more.
Old 03-26-2010, 02:26 PM   #23
xanphylus
DIS Veteran

Great, great, great start!!! I am so totally subscribing to your story! I love your daughter vs all the guy wrestlers. When I was in school they wouldn't let the girls wrestle....

Sounds like a great beginning of the trip and I love the "Yes!"

Trip Report: Davys in Wonderland- A baby's View of Disney
PTR: Come on kids- we're going to DisneyWorld!!!

Old 03-26-2010, 02:48 PM   #24
TeaForTulips
DIS Veteran

Count me in too! You have a beautiful family! Can't wait to read more!

Tarah (That's me!) Jen Mary Marmee Bobo Trista Mario Pierce Hallise Pollyanna Tucker
Old 03-26-2010, 04:59 PM   #25
kellyw8863
DIS Veteran

I'm in! Can't wait to read more!

Maya (DD) - 9 Ali (DD - Wishkid) - 7

Old 03-26-2010, 05:19 PM   #26
alaskanabbott
DIS Veteran

OK since none of those pics showed me, here's one the kids took at the airport.

I'm just finishing up todays TR and will post it soon
Old 03-26-2010, 06:07 PM   #27
LuvEeyore
DIS Veteran

Love your trip report so far!! I loved what I saw of Alaska when I was there in 2007. Would love to come back and see again.

Can't wait to hear more about your wish trip.
Lee
Riverside-12/1995 , off property 10-1994, Carribean Beach 1/1994, off property 1977
url=http://distickers.com/ticker/][/url]
Old 03-26-2010, 07:36 PM   #28
alaskanabbott
DIS Veteran

Part two of our first day

The greeter took us to the shuttle, and wished us luck. It was about 6pm and nice and warm outside. We waited for the shuttle…and waited and waited. This was our first thought that maybe being slaves to the shuttle wasn’t going to be a very good fit for us. I was hungry, tired and anxious that we were going to miss orientation. Finally the shuttle got us (after about 45 minutes) and we were on our way to Give Kids the World!
We turned on Bass Road and then there it was! WOW! I couldn’t believe we were actually there!

We walked in and immediately they knew who we were. The lady behind the desk started to get us checked in and I mentioned that we hadn’t eaten a real meal in about 12 hours so we were quickly shuffled off to the Gingerbread House.

Mind you we are all wiped out here…

We had fried chicken with all the fixen’s. Then someone carried our trays to the table for us. The kids asked what they could have to drink and we told them to have anything they want…even soda! OK that was very cool, and they all drank soda, even me! After dinner I went to orientation and DH Mike took the kids around the village.

Orientation was packed and it took over an hour. When I got out we went to the Ice Cream Palace for our first of many sundaes.

We ate a ton of ice cream, in every form. Banana splits, milk shakes, hot fudge sundaes, floats, you name it we ate it. Then an “angel” sat us down for our registration. Each of the kids got a GKTW shirt and a Shamu stuffed animal, and James also got a big Mickey Mouse. I wondered if my teen-agers were going to wear the shirts…..Now it was finally time to go to our villa.

Of course the first thing you see is your last name on the yard sign, and when we drove up we were seeing double…since there are eight of us we had both sides of the villa.

There were two king size bedrooms, two kids rooms, four bathrooms, two living rooms, you get the picture, I was in HEAVEN! We could have just stayed there for seven days and I would have been happy. We designated one side as the “kid’s house” and one side as ours. The kids were to watch TV and eat in their house, not ours, though we left the door between them open and it was like one big place. We gave Dakota, the oldest at 17 the king bed in the kid’s house. All the kids share a room at home, and this was a huge treat for Dakota. We also let them watch TV anytime they wanted at the villa, another huge treat. We by the seasons of ICarly, Jonas Brothers, and Hanna Montana, but they have to wait until new seasons are released once they’ve finished them. Here at GKTW the kids were glued to either the Disney Channel or Nick. We were shown around our villa and left to our first night in Orlando. Everyone was eager to check out the welcome basket that had snacks, games and toys for all the kids. They were even more excited when we told them they could all have one of the sodas in the fridge. Even though we had eaten dinner just a few hours before the kids really wanted to order pizza. We called and had three pizzas delivered in about 15 minutes to our door. Everyone loved the pizza, and it was completely gone. By now it was getting late, around 11pm so we had everyone brush their teeth and hit the beds.

Not one kids complained. I think it was the mix of being exhausted from almost 24 hours of travel, and the excitement that tomorrow we were going to Disneyworld.
Old 03-26-2010, 07:41 PM   #29
noahsketomom
DIS Veteran

Amber, I just love your TR so far! I feel like I'm one of your family...along for the ride!
Old 03-26-2010, 08:08 PM   #30
pnutallergymom
Mouseketeer

Great Report Amber!!! The pics are awesome and your kids are BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

Shannon (mom) Bryan (dad)
Brenna (8) Jake (7) Sean(6) Brigitte (3) Wish Child
Brigitte's PTR Make a Wish Trip
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2357435
www.carepages.com
CarePage Name: TheChristmasMiracle

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: