Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-14-2010, 01:10 AM   #166
snowwhitesmom
DIS Veteran
I'll let you guys in on a secret - I feel naked without my wires
the woed of the day is dookie?

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskanabbott View Post
Ugh, you got me!!! I ate a cheese danish, does that count?
only if you were reading a good book and sitting in the sun while you ate it - remember the first aid rule!
Old 06-14-2010, 02:34 AM   #167
alaskanabbott
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowwhitesmom View Post
only if you were reading a good book and sitting in the sun while you ate it - remember the first aid rule!
I sat in sunshine today AND read a good book, and played RISK with my boys (the 10 year old won), and took kids to the park where we painted wooden fish....I think I made up for yesterday
TR-THE WEEK OF YES!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2428215
GKTW-3/10 ASMO-2/11 Disney Wonder-2/12Disney Wonder-11/12Disney Magic-1/13
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-14-2010, 07:44 AM   #168
snowwhitesmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I sat in sunshine today AND read a good book, and played RISK with my boys (the 10 year old won), and took kids to the park where we painted wooden fish....I think I made up for yesterday
Good girl - you're getting there! Maybe a pedicure soon?
Old 06-16-2010, 02:59 AM   #169
yinyanggirls
DIS Veteran

Hey Amber, we're back from the wedding and I'm catching up. They are talking about a muscle biopsy on Phoebe so keep us posted on James and Dakota. Haven't been able to ask the doc my questions yet, so who knows.
Old 06-16-2010, 03:19 AM   #170
alaskanabbott
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by yinyanggirls View Post
Hey Amber, we're back from the wedding and I'm catching up. They are talking about a muscle biopsy on Phoebe so keep us posted on James and Dakota. Haven't been able to ask the doc my questions yet, so who knows.
I will! We see the Neuro next month to discuss the biopsy, so it will be a few weeks. Dakota has been siezure free for three nights!
Old 06-17-2010, 01:30 AM   #171
yinyanggirls
DIS Veteran

That's great! I bet he feels better after getting some good sleep too.
Old 06-27-2010, 06:55 PM   #172
alaskanabbott
DIS Veteran

Just and Update:
Dakota is doing GREAT! The anti-seizure meds are working perfect, seizure free for two weeks! Dakota was given the amazing honor of being named team captain for the football team this year. He has won two State Championships already with this team, and we're hoping for a third!
James is feeling very well lately, and we are still not sure if we are doing the muscle biopsy, since it won't do much other than confirm the MNGIE which at this point he doctor is diagnosing him with.
DH decided that the memories we made during the trip were worth their weight in gold, so he has invested in more memories for us by way of booking us on a Disney Cruise for next February. We got an amazing deal, and with the World passport we received from GKTW we can enjoy some fun things like Lego land for free!
Thanks everyone who shared our journey, you are part of our family forever
Old 06-27-2010, 07:03 PM   #173
ellenbenny
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Just and Update:
Dakota is doing GREAT! The anti-seizure meds are working perfect, seizure free for two weeks! Dakota was given the amazing honor of being named team captain for the football team this year. He has won two State Championships already with this team, and we're hoping for a third!
James is feeling very well lately, and we are still not sure if we are doing the muscle biopsy, since it won't do much other than confirm the MNGIE which at this point he doctor is diagnosing him with.
DH decided that the memories we made during the trip were worth their weight in gold, so he has invested in more memories for us by way of booking us on a Disney Cruise for next February. We got an amazing deal, and with the World passport we received from GKTW we can enjoy some fun things like Lego land for free!
Wow! So glad things are looking up! And how exciting to be planning a Disney Cruise! Not sure if I posted before, but I have been following along on your trip report and you have a beautiful family. I am so happy for you all that things are going well.
Old 06-27-2010, 11:09 PM   #174
snowwhitesmom
DIS Veteran

So happy for the wondeful update!
Old 06-28-2010, 12:11 AM   #175
yinyanggirls
DIS Veteran

Great news about Dakota! I can see why you are hesitant to do the biopsy on James. We were told to hold off on Phoebe's for now, and I'm grateful.

I gather you are doing a west coast cruise then? I wonder how long they will be doing the kids free thing. I'm so tempted! We are driving to CA in Sept for a cousin's wedding and hoping Tim will get the time off he requested to make it into a mini vacation. We want to hit the San Diego Wild Animal Park, SD Zoo, Legoland, Wild Rivers (water park right near my parents), Six Flags Magic Mountain all with the World Passport, and also Disneyland with our Give a Day promo tix. It would be another crazy trip, reminiscent of the wish trip but we'd have a little more time to spread it out if he gets the days approved. I'll let you know how the kids like the CA parks.
Old 06-28-2010, 12:34 AM   #176
alaskanabbott
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by yinyanggirls View Post
Great news about Dakota! I can see why you are hesitant to do the biopsy on James. We were told to hold off on Phoebe's for now, and I'm grateful.

I gather you are doing a west coast cruise then? I wonder how long they will be doing the kids free thing. I'm so tempted! We are driving to CA in Sept for a cousin's wedding and hoping Tim will get the time off he requested to make it into a mini vacation. We want to hit the San Diego Wild Animal Park, SD Zoo, Legoland, Wild Rivers (water park right near my parents), Six Flags Magic Mountain all with the World Passport, and also Disneyland with our Give a Day promo tix. It would be another crazy trip, reminiscent of the wish trip but we'd have a little more time to spread it out if he gets the days approved. I'll let you know how the kids like the CA parks.
It's so hard to make the decision to never know 100% why your child is sick, but at some point you have to put your foot down and stop letting them become a pin cushion for every doctor to cut, poke, and prod. I'll keep in touch in case it becomes something we decide to do.
Is the SD zoo on the passport? We didn't get to do Animal Kingdom, I think the zoo would be so great! You'll have to tell me how a non-wish trip compares....we are so worried we have been spoiled forever I'd love to take the kids to Disney in CA also, but it would cost another $1000 and honestly, we just can't afford one more thing. The only way we can afford this trip is b/c we have some airline miles from James' many trips to Seattle Children's Hospital, and the kids sail free deal made the cost of the cruise pretty bearable. IF you do decide to try the cruise we are on the Mexican Riviera Cruise Feb 6. Wouldn't it be amazing for us past "wishers" to meet up someday?
Old 06-28-2010, 09:53 AM   #177
cantwaittoseemickey
DIS Veteran

Great to hear Dakota is doing well!

Your cruise sounds wonderful. I hope you all have a great time. I am not familiar with the cruises but when we went to WDW in 08 the cm's were very good to us. Comparing Disney with our local amusement park well there is no comparison. Just the way they do things in general. From the lines to the characters its just great. I can't even begin to imagine how it will be on Ty's Wish trip if it is even better.
Old 06-29-2010, 03:03 AM   #178
yinyanggirls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It's so hard to make the decision to never know 100% why your child is sick, but at some point you have to put your foot down and stop letting them become a pin cushion for every doctor to cut, poke, and prod. I'll keep in touch in case it becomes something we decide to do.
Is the SD zoo on the passport? We didn't get to do Animal Kingdom, I think the zoo would be so great! You'll have to tell me how a non-wish trip compares....we are so worried we have been spoiled forever I'd love to take the kids to Disney in CA also, but it would cost another $1000 and honestly, we just can't afford one more thing. The only way we can afford this trip is b/c we have some airline miles from James' many trips to Seattle Children's Hospital, and the kids sail free deal made the cost of the cruise pretty bearable. IF you do decide to try the cruise we are on the Mexican Riviera Cruise Feb 6. Wouldn't it be amazing for us past "wishers" to meet up someday?
Yep, we missed AK too and that was exactly my motivation for wanting to make sure we get to San Diego while the tix are free. I emailed the contact and she said that we can get tix for the zoo and wild animal park and they can be (and should be) done on separate days. Where are you flying into? Are you sailing from Long Beach or San Diego? If you have time, you might think about the free tix for Six Flags. It's a pretty big amusement park, about an hour from Long Beach.
Old 07-22-2010, 12:38 PM   #179
DMMarla07860
DIS Veteran

just found your trip report today, was good reading and I enjoyed it
July 14th-18th, 2002- 3 Night Resort and 4 Night Disney Wonder Cruise, April 23rd-30th, 2005- 7 Night Disney Magic Western Cruise, August 19th-26th, 2006- 7 Night Disney Magic Western Double Dip Cruise, September 6th-9th, 2007- 3 Night Disney Wonder Cruise, July 13th- 20th, 2008- Mexican Riviera Disney Magic Cruise, February 21st-28th, 2009- 7 Night Disney Magic Western Cruise, February 28th-March 7th, 2009- 7 Night Disney Magic Eastern Cruise, August 27th-30th, 2009- 3 Night Disney Wonder Cruise, December 10th-13th, 2009- 3 Night Disney Wonder Cruise, March 6th-13th, 2010- 7 Night Disney Magic Western Cruise, February 17th-20th, 2011- 3 Night Disney Dream Cruise, February 20th-24th, 2011- 4 Night Disney Dream Cruise, April 27th-May 3rd, 2011- 6 Night LA to Vancouver Disney Wonder Cruise
February 16th-19th, 2012- 3 Night Disney Dream Cruise, April 21st-28th, 2012- 7 Night Disney Fantasy Eastern Cruise(first one),
June 15th-17th, 2012- 2 Night Disney Magic Cruise(NYC), August 17th- 25th, 2012- 8 Night Disney Magic Cruise(NYC)March 16th-23rd, 2013-7 Night Disney Fantasy Western March 23rd-30th, 2013-Disney Fantasy EasternUpcoming Cruises: November 20th-24th, 2013- Disney Magic
Old 07-22-2010, 12:42 PM   #180
DMMarla07860
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Just and Update:
Glad to hear your son is doing great.Your husband booked a Disney Cruise for more memories for you all, smart man. I've been 10 times twice as a teen and every year since I was 18 and they just get better and better.
July 14th-18th, 2002- 3 Night Resort and 4 Night Disney Wonder Cruise, April 23rd-30th, 2005- 7 Night Disney Magic Western Cruise, August 19th-26th, 2006- 7 Night Disney Magic Western Double Dip Cruise, September 6th-9th, 2007- 3 Night Disney Wonder Cruise, July 13th- 20th, 2008- Mexican Riviera Disney Magic Cruise, February 21st-28th, 2009- 7 Night Disney Magic Western Cruise, February 28th-March 7th, 2009- 7 Night Disney Magic Eastern Cruise, August 27th-30th, 2009- 3 Night Disney Wonder Cruise, December 10th-13th, 2009- 3 Night Disney Wonder Cruise, March 6th-13th, 2010- 7 Night Disney Magic Western Cruise, February 17th-20th, 2011- 3 Night Disney Dream Cruise, February 20th-24th, 2011- 4 Night Disney Dream Cruise, April 27th-May 3rd, 2011- 6 Night LA to Vancouver Disney Wonder Cruise
February 16th-19th, 2012- 3 Night Disney Dream Cruise, April 21st-28th, 2012- 7 Night Disney Fantasy Eastern Cruise(first one),
June 15th-17th, 2012- 2 Night Disney Magic Cruise(NYC), August 17th- 25th, 2012- 8 Night Disney Magic Cruise(NYC)March 16th-23rd, 2013-7 Night Disney Fantasy Western March 23rd-30th, 2013-Disney Fantasy EasternUpcoming Cruises: November 20th-24th, 2013- Disney Magic

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: