Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-06-2010, 09:19 PM   #601
E3yore
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KY*Figment View Post
My DH is a member of the DisDad's Club so I thought I would see if the DisMom's would welcome me.

My DH & I have been married for almost 10 years. We have two DD (8 yr and 6 yr). My first Disney visit was in 00 for our honeymoon. We did not return to Disney again until 05 but have been once or twice a year since then. We have been DVC member since 08. We were at AKV in June and plan to got to VWL in October. I can't think of much else to add.
My DH is a member of the DisDad's as well. Kind of at how obsessed he is with that board.
Old 08-06-2010, 09:31 PM   #602
E3yore
Mouseketeer

My DH and I celebrated our 10 year anniversary yesterday. Funny how 10 years ago I swore I was going to go back to Aruba (location of our honeymoon) and instead I spent the last year planning 3 trips to WDW. Turns out those three trips were more important than going to Aruba. Besides, my kids are to young to take to Aruba and I don't vacation without them yet. I don't trust ANYONE with my kids (hazard of my career choice). I am forced to leave them at day care but at least I know background checks were done (and then there were the ones I conducted on my own)

October seems to be a busy month for anniversary's around here. We have two birthday's that month.

Welcome to all the new mom's.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.
Register to remove

Old 08-07-2010, 08:00 AM   #603
mom2cookies
DIS Veteran

hi

First let me say if anyone has a direct comment to me they can address me as May ... I know Mom is kinda weird to tag someone with lol.

So i've been busy these past couple of weeks, making costumes for the kids for when we go to the Pa RenFaire on the 14th. IDk if anyone is familiar with the RPG game Fire Emblem... but BB's costume, though not rennaisance, is going to be a copy of Limstella. DJ is going to be gypsy and Carrie will be a maiden... ( my sister made her's as she is going to twin with one of my nieces). For DS, i made him a chainmail shirt using soda can tabs. I don't know if i'll get a chance in a week to make something for me. I have to do all hand sewing as my ancient sewing machine will not form a stitch..

Dh isn't interested in going.. not his thing. He is focused right now on our annual trip down the shore over Labor day week.

Speaking of DH anyone have any good easy tips for low cholestrol ( spelled right?) dishes?

So, other than working in some creativity into the daily schedule, thinking ahead for the shore, and staying excited about WDW trip in Oct... no much else is going on.

How about you all?

To the world you might be one person, but to one person you might be the world
- Unknown

VMK friends are forever in my heart. Vive' la VMK
mom2cookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 06:48 PM   #604
KY*Figment
DIS Veteran

Mine, too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by E3yore View Post
My DH is a member of the DisDad's as well. Kind of at how obsessed he is with that board.
My husband likes to read me what they write and what he writes. I'm sure he edits when he tells me stuff. I think my husband is more into Disney than I am.
DD (9)
Kobe

9/2000 All Star Music, 9/2005 All Star Sports, 9/2006 Pop,
9/2007 Pop, 10/2008 CB, 5/2009 SSR, 10/2009 Vero & OKW, 6/10 AKV, 10/10 VWL, 4/11 BWV, 10/11 BLT, 4/12 HHI, 10/12 BLT, & 10/13 OKW
KY*Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 06:55 PM   #605
KY*Figment
DIS Veteran

Understand

Quote:
Originally Posted by E3yore View Post
My DH and I celebrated our 10 year anniversary yesterday. Funny how 10 years ago I swore I was going to go back to Aruba (location of our honeymoon) and instead I spent the last year planning 3 trips to WDW. Turns out those three trips were more important than going to Aruba. Besides, my kids are to young to take to Aruba and I don't vacation without them yet. I don't trust ANYONE with my kids (hazard of my career choice). I am forced to leave them at day care but at least I know background checks were done (and then there were the ones I conducted on my own)

October seems to be a busy month for anniversary's around here. We have two birthday's that month.

Welcome to all the new mom's.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.
Our anniversary in in Sept and it will be 10 years. My DH's b-day is in Sept and my b-day in Oct. So, we do WDW in Oct to celebrate all of them. I still don't vacation w/o my kids because of my career choice. I have seen too many things in my line of work. I do my own checks, too.
DD (9)
Kobe

9/2007 Pop, 10/2008 CB, 5/2009 SSR, 10/2009 Vero & OKW, 6/10 AKV, 10/10 VWL, 4/11 BWV, 10/11 BLT, 4/12 HHI, 10/12 BLT, & 10/13 OKW
Old 08-07-2010, 10:20 PM   #606
E3yore
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KY*Figment View Post
Our anniversary in in Sept and it will be 10 years. My DH's b-day is in Sept and my b-day in Oct. So, we do WDW in Oct to celebrate all of them. I still don't vacation w/o my kids because of my career choice. I have seen too many things in my line of work. I do my own checks, too.
I agree that there are to many things that go on in this world that it is hard to trust people with my kids.

Barry tells me all the time about the dad's boards and most of the time I roll my eyes and walk away after asking him what he does all day at work.
Old 08-08-2010, 09:08 AM   #607
KY*Figment
DIS Veteran

E3yore- I know how you feel.

E3yore,

My husband plans our next 4 or 5 vacations along w/ possible dining while at work. When DVC changes point charts then he has to redo it all. So, when he complains about going to "work" I correct him and say you are just going to the "office" it is apparent you have no work Mr. WDW. Sometimes he has a clever comment and other times he just smiles.
DD (9)
Kobe

Old 08-08-2010, 10:30 AM   #608
dawnn12
Mouseketeer

I want to join

My name is Dawn,my DH is Jim and we have to DDs Chrissy(11) and Kelley(6)
dawnn12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 09:28 AM   #609
lizlovesdisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkermom23 View Post
OK, I am certainly not an expert and there may be a much better way, but when I have a thread I like, I go to the top of the thread page (not the top of the Dis page) and click on THREAD TOOLS- and a drop down box will have SUBSCRIBE - Then another pop-up will ask you to confirm it.

There are other ways, that's just what I do. HTH

And oh, I almost forgot.......

WELCOME!!!
Thanks! We'll see if your way works!
Old 08-09-2010, 10:19 AM   #610
bshfam4
Earning My Ears

I just found this thread, it looks great!!
Is it too late to join????

thanks!
Laura
Old 08-09-2010, 12:44 PM   #611
lizlovesdisney
Mouseketeer

Hi!!! I love this board!!
Old 08-10-2010, 11:06 PM   #612
ColleenG
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by acomasdiaz View Post
We love visiting in September and October too. The weather is cooler and it doesn't seem as crowded.

So, my DD (age 5) wants to join the girl scouts. So, I have been looking into to that lately. Thankfully, I have a friend who works for them so she has been able to give me some info. Does anyone have girls in girl scouts? Any advice or info to share?
My DD who is now going into 3rd grade has been in Girl Scouts since Kindergarten. I would say the best advice is to have a troop with a great leader. The first troop she was in was ok, but the leader was a bit of a flake and her own DD was really bratty to the point that she spent more time telling her to stop acting up than doing the task they were to do. A few of the other girls defected when one of the other moms decided to start her own troop. There are about 18 girls in her troop now and they are all the sweetest bunch of girls. They all get along. My DD has known many of them since pre-school. The moms are all very involved and willing to help out. In the other troop the leader wasn't very willing to accept help, and it really showed in the lack of activities for the girls.
First Trip Jan. 1983 Ft. Wilderness, Nov. 1984 Contemporary, First trip w/family Dec. 2004 Caribbbean Beach, 2005 DVC Nov. 2005, Jan 2013 Old Key West Jan. 2007, Oct. 2008, Nov 2010, Feb 2012 Saratoga SpringsDec 2009 Caribbean Beach, Aug 2011 off site, Feb 2013 BoardwalkVillas Mom DD 11 DS 9 DS 7 DS 6
ColleenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 06:37 AM   #613
acomasdiaz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColleenG View Post
My DD who is now going into 3rd grade has been in Girl Scouts since Kindergarten. I would say the best advice is to have a troop with a great leader. The first troop she was in was ok, but the leader was a bit of a flake and her own DD was really bratty to the point that she spent more time telling her to stop acting up than doing the task they were to do. A few of the other girls defected when one of the other moms decided to start her own troop. There are about 18 girls in her troop now and they are all the sweetest bunch of girls. They all get along. My DD has known many of them since pre-school. The moms are all very involved and willing to help out. In the other troop the leader wasn't very willing to accept help, and it really showed in the lack of activities for the girls.
Thank you! I have sent in our info and I am now waiting back to hear about the troops available. Although, I will probably set her up as an independent for now because we plan on moving in January and I would hate to have to change troops so quickly. Where we are moving to there are currently no troops at her actual school because they don't have a leader yet. So, we'll have to see how that goes...I might just have to sign myself up as a leader.
Old 08-24-2010, 08:32 PM   #614
E3yore
Mouseketeer

Taking the kids to Kentucky for a few days this week. We decided to get in one last trip before DD starts kindergarten. Looking forward to a little break from reality. Hope everyone is having a great summer.
Old 08-24-2010, 08:57 PM   #615
Suellen
DIS Veteran

Boo to you ladies!!

Hope everyone is having a great summer!!

We are getting ready to start Kindergarten and also planning a trip!

Anyone else going to be at the World in Sept??

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: