Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-26-2010, 05:31 PM   #31
VirataMama4
DIS Veteran

Location: Home is where the Navy sends us: Currently- New Orleans, 09-12- DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by roobug View Post
Our last trip to WDW was right after we got married in 2006, we did 3 nights at WDW and a 4 night cruise - it was fun. We went on another cruise in 2009 when the boys were 6 months we went on a 7 night cruise and didn't get to go to WDW sad.

We are going this year in June right after DH's birthday and right before the boys turn 2 we are staying at the BWV so excited. We are thinking of doing TIW as it is hard to do counter service with 2 toddlers and the dinning plan wouldn't work for us because my mom is coming for only part of the trip and she is staying with us in the villa.
I'm trying to convince DH that we need to do a cruise in 2011! Looking at the 4 night. They really lowered the point requirements for DVCers on cruises, so that it what has inspired me!
Old 03-26-2010, 05:46 PM   #32
Suellen
DIS Veteran

I feel the same way too about not thinking about money while there. That really is a big draw for us more than the amount of food.

I don't think with TIW if we ate all the same amount of food we would save as much as DDXP. BUT ~ I think 90% of the time I wouldn't order a dessert. Also I could say 100% of the time we wouldn't all order an app, entrée and dessert.

We always end up using our snacks ALMOST exclusively to bring treats home. We end up with 70 snacks total (we upped Zoe's age so she could have dining) and usually will have more than 50 left at the end.

So I can see that our bill would be lower. I can see that our tips would be less.

Like I said the other advantage is Mimi getting to order what she wants and not just from the kiddie menu.

**Hmmm** back to the excel sheet!
Register to remove

Old 03-26-2010, 05:48 PM   #33
Suellen
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirataMama4 View Post
I'm trying to convince DH that we need to do a cruise in 2011! Looking at the 4 night. They really lowered the point requirements for DVCers on cruises, so that it what has inspired me!
How much did they lower it to?? We have been renting DVC ~ but with DD starting Kindy in the fall at public school we will be saving TONS on tuition for private preschool.

We have seriously considered buying DVC and if the trade in for cruise were decent that might push DH over the line of no return.
Old 03-26-2010, 05:54 PM   #34
PixieAngel
Earning My Ears

What a great idea! I'd like to join in!
Cast~Me, 38, "My name is Angel and I am a Disneyaholic". I love to scrapbook, enjoy my kids and I am greatful to have..
DH...39, almost as big of a Disney addict...but not quite!
DS...15, sports nut, loves to vacation with us anywhere, makes us proud!
DS...13, computer geek (self proclaimed, I'm not being mean!), loves to vacation with us anywhere, another great kid.

Everyone of us turns 8 the moment we are on property at Disney!

Last trip to WDW was January 2009 but first trip to DL was January 2010!

Have to make dinner!
PixieAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 05:55 PM   #35
nmmom95
I'm a pregnant lesbian in an interracial relationship
Or am I?

Welcome to the new members.

I missed a lot today, but I'm all caught up now! Our last trip was a surprise for the boys from November 14th-20th at VWL. We are going to HHI in August (the trip in the ticker). We all love the beach. We are also going back to WDW in November, the same week as last year. We can't decide on a resort, though. Right now we are booked at SSR, but hope to change at 7 months.

ViartaMama4- We used points for a 3 day cruise in 2008-it was so much fun! You should keep trying to talk DH into it. It took me years to get my DH to go and now he can't wait to do it again!

Last edited by nmmom95; 03-26-2010 at 05:57 PM. Reason: typo
nmmom95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 05:57 PM   #36
tinkermom23
DIS Veteran

We do the DDP because it takes away so much of the stress.
DH loves to eat, and so do the rest of us, but...

As soon as we talk about eating "How much will this one cost me..."
Then when we sit down he'd look at the menu and "Can't believe what they charge at these places..."
When the meal came " sure hope it's worth the money..."
When the bill comes "Well, we might be doing hamburgers from here on out..."
Then the tip " Was she really worth that much?"
Leaving the restaurant "well, my wallet is sure lighter anyway..."

This way the meals are covered and ADR's area made, tips are in envelopes, and we're all happy. DH said he'll never go without the dining plan.
Old 03-26-2010, 06:06 PM   #37
MickeyMomOfThree
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suellen View Post
How much did they lower it to?? We have been renting DVC ~ but with DD starting Kindy in the fall at public school we will be saving TONS on tuition for private preschool.

We have seriously considered buying DVC and if the trade in for cruise were decent that might push DH over the line of no return.
Just to let you know, right now there is a promotion going with DVC. If yo ubuy in you get a free cruise. Something to consider.

Can't stay on now, dinner is about done, but wanted to tell you that.
I Always wanted A Family and Now I Have A Great One!!!! Many Trips As A Kid Made Me Want To Have Many Trips as A Mom --- Now I'm Doing Just That --- Thanks hubby For Great Kids, a Great Family, and GREAT DISNEY VACATIONS!!! Married 17 Years and Counting ...
**SOG 10/97**ASSp 2/00**ASMu 3/01** ASMo 11/02**ASMo 11/04**ASSp 11/06**ASSp 11/08**ASSp 11/10**And some off property trips mixed in**
**Dreaming of 11/12 Or sooner if we win the lottery before that! **

Don't be Grumpy , be Happy , even if it makes you a little Sleepy DQC

Please see the Hidden Mickey for Haiti thread
MickeyMomOfThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 06:46 PM   #38
*Seanaci*
DIS-obsessed and proud!

Hey ladies!

My dad actually told me about this thread...he's a Dis Dad. :P

Anywho!

I'm Seanaci, married to DH Ken, and we have one kiddo for now, Keegan (2). We currently live with my parents, Mimi (my mom) and Papa (my dad)...which allows me to be a stay at home mom and pay off bills (not to mention plan and take Disney trips).

I'm the Disney freak in the household. And love planning the trips. I pretty much planned and booked our 2008 trip. And I am currently working on planning, pricing, and then when we are able early next year booking the trip. :P

I look forward to getting to know you ladies!

Me(34), DH(43), DS(6), DM(56), DG(61)
*Seanaci* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 06:52 PM   #39
Suellen
DIS Veteran

Hello and welcome!
Old 03-26-2010, 07:04 PM   #40
VirataMama4
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Here is an example of the points: (They lowered them for 2011)

2010 4nt
Standard Inside Stateroom - Deluxe Family Stateroom
Value season
77 points per 1st and 2nd person 146 Points
Regular season
101 points 191 points

2011 4nt
Same room cat.
Value season
70-73 points depending on room location 128-135
Regular season
84-89 points 157-164

All points listed are per person for the 1st & 2nd guests
Then there are lower points by age range for the 3rd/4th guests

And like, MickeyMom said if you purchase 160+ points through Disney, right now you can get a free cruise. Valid for AKV, BLT, SSR and GCV

New Member Purchase
160-219 points: 3-Night cruise in Ocean View cabin
220-269 points: 4-Night cruise in Ocean View cabin
270-319 points: 7-Night cruise in Ocean View cabin
320+ points: 7-Night cruise in Veranda cabin

The cruise is valid for up to 4 guests. Taxes and port fees are included. Gratuities are NOT included in this incentive.

Also, with a member referral if you do a phone tour you can get a $25 gift card.
Old 03-26-2010, 07:08 PM   #41
VirataMama4
DIS Veteran

Welcome!

Just wanted to welcome all the new members!
Old 03-26-2010, 07:34 PM   #42
Suellen
DIS Veteran

Thanks so much! Will pass along to hubby when he is in a better mood. Geez what a crank this week. Maybe something to do with working 7-6 then going back in and working 10-4:00 every day this week. UGH!

He has those golden handcuffs I keep hearing about. I so wish he could find a new job. But with me only working 16 hours a week it makes it hard for him to seriously consider looking.
Old 03-26-2010, 07:52 PM   #43
VirataMama4
DIS Veteran

Maybe its in the water!

Quote:
Thanks so much! Will pass along to hubby when he is in a better mood. Geez what a crank this week. Maybe something to do with working 7-6 then going back in and working 10-4:00 every day this week. UGH!

He has those golden handcuffs I keep hearing about. I so wish he could find a new job. But with me only working 16 hours a week it makes it hard for him to seriously consider looking.
Maybe its their "time of the month!" My DH is super crabby this week. I would say it was his job, but he's in the Navy and right now, they aren't doing much in his shop. But he is working FT and doing FT school too... Guess that could be part of his problem.
Old 03-26-2010, 07:53 PM   #44
nmmom95
I'm a pregnant lesbian in an interracial relationship
Or am I?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkermom23 View Post
We do the DDP because it takes away so much of the stress.
DH loves to eat, and so do the rest of us, but...

As soon as we talk about eating "How much will this one cost me..."
Then when we sit down he'd look at the menu and "Can't believe what they charge at these places..."
When the meal came " sure hope it's worth the money..."
When the bill comes "Well, we might be doing hamburgers from here on out..."
Then the tip " Was she really worth that much?"
Leaving the restaurant "well, my wallet is sure lighter anyway..."

This way the meals are covered and ADR's area made, tips are in envelopes, and we're all happy. DH said he'll never go without the dining plan.
Did you take my DH on vacation with you? That's why we do the DDP as well!
Old 03-26-2010, 08:10 PM   #45
Suellen
DIS Veteran

My DH is the EXACT opposite. First he is excited because I always get a fab deal on the room. Then he gets all picky about the meal plan and airline tickets and this and that. He has the girls saving CHANGE right now in a jar that calculates how much is in it on the cover (strange plastic thing my grandmother gave us for christmas ~ but that is another story) so that they will have spending money.

Then we get there and he spends like we never have to pay another mortgage again! Last time (our super cheap just heading down for MVMCP) he tells the girls they can each pick FIVE things to take home. I looked at him like he was crazy and he was all like "What?"

I explain to him that if they each pick 5 things that are only $20/each (and yeah good luck getting off that easy) that would be $200 in stuff they aren't even going to look at when we get home! It was more than we paid for the room for 4 nights for God's Sake!

All of a sudden when we get there he turns into this person with an "I don't look at price tags open wallet" mentality.

Luckily I at least kept a handle on things. Mimi picked a pink princess purse with a coin purse she still loves, a set of 3 mickey earrings (they just recently go them pierced), a $5 light stick for illuminations that we used again at Nemo on ice but is pretty much dead. I can't even remember the other two things she picked.

And all I remember Z picked was a stuffed Minnie with a celebrate balloon.

I swear if he didn't have me there he would have to sell the house when he got home.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: