Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-23-2010, 04:20 PM   #1
michelleh1
Mouseketeer

Uploading your pictures to your Photopass account

I've been reading about Photopass on AllEars and it mentions that you can upload your photos to your Photopass account while in the parks.

Have Disney upload your photos: Before you leave the parks on your last day, go to a photo center and have them upload the photos from your digital camera. They will use your Photopass card and upload your photos to the same Photopass. This was much faster than doing it from home and you can use both Disney's PhotoPass photos and your own for the Photobook. It's also a good way to make sure that park's pictures are what you want, so you can come back before the end of your trip if you have to re-take them.

has anyone done this before? do you think it'd be safe to upload your photos daily and erase your memory card? or is that a bad idea?

without bringing a laptop, is there any other way to upload our pictures daily so we can erase our memory card and start over the next day? I know I can buy more memory cards, but it'll be just for this one trip, so I'm trying to avoid buying more cards if possible. thanks!!
Old 03-23-2010, 04:30 PM   #2
cyndiloveswalt
Mouseketeer

I've never uploaded at the parks, but I do it when I get home. The only thing you need to be aware of is that Photopass will only hold your photos for 30 days. I have made the books the past few trips and it can sometimes take a little while. Just make sure you allow enough time to actually get your projects done. It doesn't take that long to upload yourself- I think I uploaded 300 pics last trip in about an hour. I would definitely recommend buying a 4gb card, which will hold a lot of pics and they only cost about $25. My pictures at Disney are the one thing I don't fool around with as they are my favorite souvenier.
Register to remove

Old 03-23-2010, 04:32 PM   #3
Disney Dreams
Proudly afflicted with TDMA!
Major pin collector in denial

I have not used that aspect of PhotoPass.

Here's an idea for you:
Does the hotel / motel you are staying at have a business lounge with computer usage available? If so, you could find out if you can connect your camera or your card and upload your pics to a PhotoBucket account each night.

It's a tough issue with digital photography and vacations. We had the same dilemma when we went to WDW. We ended up lugging the laptop.

- Dreams

Disney Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 05:15 PM   #4
michelleh1
Mouseketeer

well, I do have a 2 gb card, the problem is that my camera doesn't do well with it. when I turn it on, 80% of the time it tells me my card needs re-formatted and I get scared that I will lose the pics I already have. it does fine with a smaller card though, but I only have one. I do have a newer dSLR camera, but I've decided not to lug it along. I thought about getting a new point and shoot, but I like the one I have and I'm comfortable with it. it's cheaper to buy a few more memory cards than a new camera, but I'm still looking for ways to avoid buying anything.

the business lounge is a good idea, but I don't think that there is one at the Desert Inn.
Old 03-23-2010, 07:23 PM   #5
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

OMG don't use the photopass thing as a way to store your photos. You can buy a disc of your photos, but it's separate from the Photopass photos disc. So why pay them for the images of YOUR own photos? And that's the only way to get your full resolution pictures, though if you only want the prints, buying your own personal picture prints from them is pennies compared to upwards of 15 bucks each for the Photopass pix.

I would get several 1 gb cards. I would dump the 2gb, or give it to someone else, as it sounds like it's glitchy or just is too much for your camera. Or just bring your laptop if you have one, and upload each night (though what it's doing makes me nervous).

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 07:41 PM   #6
michelleh1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post
OMG don't use the photopass thing as a way to store your photos. You can buy a disc of your photos, but it's separate from the Photopass photos disc. So why pay them for the images of YOUR own photos? And that's the only way to get your full resolution pictures, though if you only want the prints, buying your own personal picture prints from them is pennies compared to upwards of 15 bucks each for the Photopass pix.
thanks for the info, I thought they would just be included on the photopass cd, not a separate charge. I'll probably pick up a few more memory cards and call it good unless I can think of another way to upload somewhere each night without bringing a laptop.
Old 03-23-2010, 07:55 PM   #7
Disney Dreams
Proudly afflicted with TDMA!
Major pin collector in denial

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelleh1 View Post
thanks for the info, I thought they would just be included on the photopass cd....
Oh, I didn't get that from your post! No, your own photos will not be included on your CD.

I think the cost of a few memory cards might be your best choice. You can find them cheap if you shop around.

- Dreams

Disney Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: