Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-13-2010, 07:54 PM   #76
JanetMom
DIS Veteran

Our last morning

Well this is it, the last morning. That dreaded day where we needed to set an alarm to get up on time and had little to look forward to. We had to catch the ME at 10:15 am, so that left us with some time to grab breakfast in the lounge and slowly get ready and pack.

My husband was the first up. He managed to get a couple of nice sunrise pictures.

In this one there are two tiny dots in the sky on the left side of the picture. Those are hot air balloons that he saw off in the distance

This one captures the steam train

On our way out of the hotel, I had to take one more picture of the mural

Once we made it to the airport we had to practice being patient. The Orlando airport might have more shopping than Toronto, but Toronto seems to have more staff. On our way down to Orlando there were thousands of people in line at the Toronto airport and it only took about 15 minutes for us to check our bags. In Orlando, there were only two Air Canada flights to be managed and it took us more than an hour to check our bags.

Once the bags were checked we got some lunch in the food court and then went to our gate where we again had to wait as the plane before ours was late clearing the gate (just like when we landed.)

Eventually we made it home and settled back into our real life. Sigh.

So, now that the trip is over, here are some closing thoughts:
  • We could have gone on more rides. We let the crowds get the better of us at times and we weren’t as willing to wait in line as we could have been.
  • The CR is a gorgeous, wonderful hotel, but not as relaxing as other Disney Resorts. If it were a financial tie, we would likely choose WL over CR. All of that said, we think we will try the YC for our next trip. (After I get to try out CSR for a work conference in just 35 days!)
  • As for the question many CL planners wonder about – is it worth doing the dining plan if you stay CL? I’m glad we decided not to do a dining plan and paid out of pocket. We like table service meals so we knew the regular dining plan wouldn’t give us enough credits and I thought the deluxe plan would cost more money than we needed to pay. In the end for three adults we paid ~$1400 for our food. This worked out cheaper than the deluxe dining plan. That money covered 10 table service meals, 2 signature meals, 1 room service, 2 counter service and only a few snacks. It really isn’t necessary to get snacks when you stay CL.
  • My last thought – I want to go back NOW!

What are your thoughts?
  • Should we stay YC next time? (We are thinking YC because we love the boardwalk area, want to use SAB and want to have a balcony to relax on.)
  • What should I do when I go to CSR for a conference next month? I will only have two late afternoon/evenings to myself. How do I fill those two evenings? I will not be getting park passes or plan any ADRs, so I’m thinking the first night should be a light supper from the pool side bar so I can relax with a book by the pool, and for the last night I should head over to DDD and check out the Earl of Sandwich and wander around.

Trip Report - March Break 2012 at the YC http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post44422655
Trip Report - March Break 2010 at CR – with stops at Poly, GF, WL, BW, BC, YC, MK, Epcot, HS, DD, and TL http://www.disboards.com/showthread....4#post35923604
Trip Report - Solo trip - A brief stay at CSR with a stop at AKL (with pics!) http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post36750372

FW - 1972 (I think, I was little then!); WL - 2004; WL CL - 2007; CR CL - 2010; CSR - 2010; YC CL - 2012
Old 04-13-2010, 08:56 PM   #77
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

JanetMom,
I enjoyed reading your whole review and looking at all those amazing pictures you posted, so it is getting me excited for my families next stay at the Contemporary for this August.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-13-2010, 08:59 PM   #78
mamasha
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanetMom View Post
Our last evening

Well it is time to get back to this report. I’ve been busy so I haven’t had time to finish it and I’ve been procrastinating because finishing the report makes it feel like my vacation is ending all over again.

OMG....I am sad, too. Thanks for thr great trip report! You took amazing pictures and really help me decide to upgrade. I don't know what photos I'll get (besides of my little kids) but maybe I'll have something interesting enough to write about and do a trip report, too.
Old 04-13-2010, 10:39 PM   #79
JanetMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
JanetMom,
I enjoyed reading your whole review and looking at all those amazing pictures you posted, so it is getting me excited for my families next stay at the Contemporary for this August.
Thanks for reading. I truly enjoyed your posts leading up to our trip, so I'm glad I could share something back. I'll be thinking of you in August.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamasha View Post
OMG....I am sad, too. Thanks for thr great trip report! You took amazing pictures and really help me decide to upgrade. I don't know what photos I'll get (besides of my little kids) but maybe I'll have something interesting enough to write about and do a trip report, too.
I'll be sure to read your report (and hope to see some pictures!)

Trip Report - March Break 2012 at the YC http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post44422655
Trip Report - March Break 2010 at CR – with stops at Poly, GF, WL, BW, BC, YC, MK, Epcot, HS, DD, and TL http://www.disboards.com/showthread....4#post35923604
Trip Report - Solo trip - A brief stay at CSR with a stop at AKL (with pics!) http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post36750372

FW - 1972 (I think, I was little then!); WL - 2004; WL CL - 2007; CR CL - 2010; CSR - 2010; YC CL - 2012
Old 04-14-2010, 03:09 PM   #80
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

JanetMom,
Are you also going to post your Contemporary Photo Only thread? Here is the link to it if you have not seen it before.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1747476

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: