Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-22-2010, 07:19 AM   #1
WelovMickey!
DIS Veteran

Ticket Question

Hello Disboards Friends,

I have a question about tickets. We will be staying at BLT June 2-6. I will also be booking a package for June 6-11 with 7day tickets. How can I get my 7day ticket before checking in June 6? I would like to have them when I check in on the 2nd at BLT.

Thanks!
WelovMickey! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 08:09 AM   #2
seashoreCM
All around nice guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WelovMickey! View Post
Hello Disboards Friends,

I have a question about tickets. We will be staying at BLT June 2-6. I will also be booking a package for June 6-11 with 7day tickets. How can I get my 7day ticket before checking in June 6? I would like to have them when I check in on the 2nd at BLT. ::
If your room-only stay is at the same resort as your package stay, the resort manager should be able to get your tickets issued a few days earlier all by himself. But this is considered a low priority item. He may keep you waiting while he serves subsequently arriving guests with more routine matters.

The "normal" procedure.
1. Choose what park you want to go to first.
2. Go to the resort where your package is booked.
3. Have the manager look up your reservation and call the Guest Relations manager at your chosen park to forward along appropriate ticketing information.
4. Go to that park.
5. Have the guest relations manager print your tickets.

Here, too, (steps 3 and 5) the CM may have you wait in the on deck circle while guests behind you go to bat.

Disney hints: http://www.cockam.com/dispass.htm

For regular will call tickets (not part of a package) you do not have to choose or call in advance the park you plan to pick up the tickets at.
Hotel scam! Someone "from the front desk" calls your room phone or knocks on the door, usually after midnight, asking for your credit card number to complete your billing or you will be kicked out. Don't give it to him. It can wait until dawn when you stop by the front desk. This includes Disney's resorts too.

Last edited by seashoreCM; 03-22-2010 at 09:03 AM.
seashoreCM is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-22-2010, 08:09 AM   #3
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Hello Disboards Friends,

I have a question about tickets. We will be staying at BLT June 2-6. I will also be booking a package for June 6-11 with 7day tickets. How can I get my 7day ticket before checking in June 6? I would like to have them when I check in on the 2nd at BLT.

Thanks!

If you have booked 7 day tickets with your stay at the next resort, then that is when your tickets are available.

If you want tickets early, then you need to book them with your BLT stay - in other words, you should book your tickets at your BLT stay for the entire trip.

Me and the three cats - Momma Abby and the Kids, Gracie, Jack, and R.I.P. my little Desi (10/14/11) - Momma and the kids miss you and so do I.
Missytara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 08:31 AM   #4
WelovMickey!
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missytara View Post
If you have booked 7 day tickets with your stay at the next resort, then that is when your tickets are available.

If you want tickets early, then you need to book them with your BLT stay - in other words, you should book your tickets at your BLT stay for the entire trip.
If I do this then I won't get the gift card. I believe I need to book the whole package for the card.
Old 03-22-2010, 08:33 AM   #5
WelovMickey!
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by seashoreCM View Post
If your room-only stay is at the same resort as your package stay, the resort manager should be able to get your tickets issued a few days earlier. But this is considered a low priority item. He may keep you waiting while he serves subsequently arriving guests with more routine matters.

The "normal" procedure.
1. Choose what park you want to go to first.
2. Go to the resort where your package is booked.
3. Have the manager look up your reservation and call the Guest Relations manager at your chosen park to forward along appropriate ticketing information.
4. Go to that park.
5. Have the guest relations manager print your tickets.

Here, too, (steps 3 and 5) the CM may have you wait in the on deck circle while guests behind you go to bat.
No it is not the same resort but would I still be able to do the above steps?
Old 03-22-2010, 08:35 AM   #6
Robo
Attention: There's a '71 Castle in the Hub with its lights on!

Quote:
No it is not the same resort but would I still be able to do the above steps?
Yes.

Go to the resort where you have your tickets reserved to begin the procedure.

This will work, if you find cooperative Cast Members.

(Be sure and ask for their help very "nicely." )
Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 09:02 AM   #7
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

I have a friend who is a Lobby Concierge at one of the Deluxe Resorts. I asked him what can be done about this.

He told me that he cannot do anything. However there are procedures in place, and two possible situations.

One is that both reservations are at the same Resort. In that situation when you check in they will have to find a Guest Services Manager who will have the ability to link the reservations and get you the tickets early.

If you are staying at another Disney Resort, or off-site, it becomes much more complicated and difficult. (1) You have to go to the Resort where you have the package. (2) You have to meet with a Guest Services Manager. (3) You have to let the GSM know at which park you want to pick up your tickets. (4) The Resort GSM has to contact a GSM at the park you will be going to and provide certain information about your reservation to that person. (5) You have to go to an outside Guest Relations Window at that Park. (6) The person at that window has to contact the GSM there. (7) When the GSM is able to come to the window they can then do something with the terminal to provide you with the tickets.

And be aware that the GSMs tend to be very busy and may have much higher priorities that getting you your tickets early.

However, since you will be attempting to get these tickets four days prior to the start of your package there is a very high probability that it will not work. Usually this will only work for arrive the day before.

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! (Guest Services/Ticket Sales)

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 09:13 AM   #8
It'sWDW4me
Fairly new... still gets a tag :)
HOLD THE PHONE!
I think it's easier to reason with a CHIMPANZEE than to reason with a tween/early teen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheshire Figment View Post
I have a friend who is a Lobby Concierge at one of the Deluxe Resorts. I asked him what can be done about this.

He told me that he cannot do anything. However there are procedures in place, and two possible situations.

One is that both reservations are at the same Resort. In that situation when you check in they will have to find a Guest Services Manager who will have the ability to link the reservations and get you the tickets early.

If you are staying at another Disney Resort, or off-site, it becomes much more complicated and difficult. (1) You have to go to the Resort where you have the package. (2) You have to meet with a Guest Services Manager. (3) You have to let the GSM know at which park you want to pick up your tickets. (4) The Resort GSM has to contact a GSM at the park you will be going to and provide certain information about your reservation to that person. (5) You have to go to an outside Guest Relations Window at that Park. (6) The person at that window has to contact the GSM there. (7) When the GSM is able to come to the window they can then do something with the terminal to provide you with the tickets.

And be aware that the GSMs tend to be very busy and may have much higher priorities that getting you your tickets early.

However, since you will be attempting to get these tickets four days prior to the start of your package there is a very high probability that it will not work. Usually this will only work for arrive the day before.
Well hot dog! I thought that this just wasn't possible. We'll be arriving on 8/14 but I'm hoping for FD which, in all guesstimations, won't start until 8/15. So I resigned myself to the fact that we'd have a room-only ressie for that first night and just spend our first afternoon (plane lands around 1:00 pm) exploring the resort - which wasn't really such a horrible compromise! But now maybe we will see if they would be so kind as to print our tickets early (yes, we're staying in the same resort for the entire trip) and try to hit MK that first afternoon.

Thanks for the info!

WDW Commando Member #120

Me; DS (18); Bear (7); Cosmo (7? He's a stray who found his home with us)

No more tickers for a very long while.

March 1986 - offsite; March 2002 - offsite; August 2006 - POP; August 2007 - OKW (free upgrade from ASMo!); August 2008 - POR; August 2010 - CBR ; August 2012 - DCL's Fantasy ; July 2013 - POP & 1st solo trip!
It'sWDW4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 11:55 AM   #9
WelovMickey!
DIS Veteran

Thank you all for the great information! I will be very polite and patience I know that they don't have to do this but out of a service to me they may so I will be very thankful!

But I think I may tweak this plan to make it work since our check in time would be more then one day ahead. Thanks everyone!
Old 03-22-2010, 10:14 PM   #10
Hook's Girl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheshire Figment View Post

It's actually even easier than that! Just stop by an Guest Relations at a Theme Park when you are ready to pick up your tickets. They handle early ticket pickups from resorts all the time. There is no reason to get any managers involved, that would be a waste of your time! The Guest Relations Cast will just call the resort to verify and you will be on your way in a short time!
Hook's Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 08:02 AM   #11
Alesia
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hook's Girl View Post
It's actually even easier than that! Just stop by an Guest Relations at a Theme Park when you are ready to pick up your tickets. They handle early ticket pickups from resorts all the time. There is no reason to get any managers involved, that would be a waste of your time! The Guest Relations Cast will just call the resort to verify and you will be on your way in a short time!
Not in this situation.

Alesia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 06:21 PM   #12
Hook's Girl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alesia View Post
Not in this situation.
YES, exactly in this situation. I think a Guest Relations Hostess would know.
Hook's Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 11:16 AM   #13
WelovMickey!
DIS Veteran

Thank you

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: