Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-21-2010, 09:33 PM   #1
donaldrees
Earning My Ears

Transatlantic Palo High Tea

Silly question, but has anyone else been able to book High Tea on the Eastbound Transatlantic?

Back in January, I went right at midnight and from the get-go, High Tea seemed blocked-off though I had my pickings for Palo Brunch and dinner.

Just wondering if all the booking windows went super super fast or if they just weren't part of the pre-booking options.
donaldrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 10:08 PM   #2
clten
DIS Veteran

We were able to book High Tea (first time it was ever available when I looked). I'm not sure how far out we booked it though. I know it wasn't at the 120 day mark but could have been before the 90 day mark. I don't think that helps you. But there was availablity on all the sea dates when we looked. You may have to go to Rockin' Bar D to book.
clten is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-21-2010, 10:33 PM   #3
emma'smom
P.S. Who would serve turnips at a wedding?

We're booked for high tea too! We were able to book right at the 90 day mark...at midnight. I booked for a party of 4.
emma'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 07:39 AM   #4
MouseMomx2
DIS Veteran

We booked right at the 105 day mark and had no trouble getting a reservation for two.
MouseMomx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 10:00 AM   #5
marylizcat
Mouseketeer

Can you explain what is different about a Palo 'high tea'? I thought all cruise ships provided afternoon tea as part of their everyday 'free' offering? Does Disney not offer it?
marylizcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 11:23 AM   #6
kcashner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by marylizcat View Post
Can you explain what is different about a Palo 'high tea'? I thought all cruise ships provided afternoon tea as part of their everyday 'free' offering? Does Disney not offer it?
I have no idea what "all" cruise ships do. The others that I've been on did not serve an afternoon tea.

Palo tea is hot tea, scones, finger sandwiches, and desserts. There is a $5 per person change. It is a nice afternoon break, especially if you have late dinner. You can pre-book it once during your cruise.

You can get tea any time at the beverage station, munchies (same desserts as at the Palo tea) are available in the Cove Cafe. Room service is also available 24/7.

And to OP, I had no difficulty scheduling. If you didn't get it on line and wish to attend, additional reservations will be available after boarding.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 11:56 AM   #7
marylizcat
Mouseketeer

Thanks. Yes, that sounds the same as the tea we got on Royal Caribbean every day and also on Thomson (a British cruiseline). MSC did sandwiches and cakes, but not scones, but of course, scones are not served in Italy!. Sounds like Disney are on to a good little extra income here! Bit cheeky considering they charge more for their cruises anyway! And odd to serve it in an Italian restaurant, when the Italians are the ones who don't 'do' tea!

Oh dear, that sounds like I am knocking Disney. Sorry. I am really looking forward to my Disney cruise, I can promise you. It just seems odd to charge extra for tea!
marylizcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 12:26 PM   #8
orlandothebeagle
Gotta love the beagles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marylizcat View Post
Thanks. Yes, that sounds the same as the tea we got on Royal Caribbean every day and also on Thomson (a British cruiseline). MSC did sandwiches and cakes, but not scones, but of course, scones are not served in Italy!. Sounds like Disney are on to a good little extra income here! Bit cheeky considering they charge more for their cruises anyway! And odd to serve it in an Italian restaurant, when the Italians are the ones who don't 'do' tea!

Oh dear, that sounds like I am knocking Disney. Sorry. I am really looking forward to my Disney cruise, I can promise you. It just seems odd to charge extra for tea!
It tastes like the italians are doing tea though, not that good imho.

4 day Wonder,7 night west Magic,Magical west bound TA,Wonderful panama canal.
orlandothebeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 01:28 PM   #9
cmclaura
How many more days til our next cruise?????

Tea

The reason they charge more is not for the tea itself but because it's held in Palo -- got to keep that exclusivity!

Also, I used to live in England and, trust me, tea is NEVER the same anywhere else, lol! But it is nice.

I was on the Magic in January and we couldn't get a tea booking for love nor money; however, I met up with a number of DIS board ladies on our cruise and we were able to book, on board, a table for 8. It was lovely, as they used a big round table in the center of the restaurant.

I don't think we would have been lucky enough to book on board for too many smaller parties. Turns out they have very limited staffing during high tea, thus, limited reservations available. And I booked on the first available day to us. Two more cruises and we'll be Gold, and can book even earlier, whew, must have our Palo fixes. IMHO, the brunch is the best meal they do!

YES! We are DVC Members! Since February 2009! Best thing we ever did! WONDER 1/17-20/2008 3 Night Bahamas MAGIC 1/17-24/2009 7 Night Eastern Caribbean MAGIC 1/9-16/2020 7 Night Western Caribbean MAGIC 1/8-15/2011 7 Night Western Caribbean
DREAM 12/20/2011-1/3/2012 5 Night Double Dip New Year’s Eve Bahamas DREAM 1/3-8/2012 5 Night Double Dip Back to Back Bahamas MAGIC 8/5-10/2012 5 Night NYC to Canada DREAM 1/6-10/2013 4 Night Bahamas
DREAM 1/10-13/2013 3 Night Bahamas DVC Member Cruise WDW 10/19-24/2013 Visit with Daughter in Disney College Program FANTASY 2/1-8/2014 7 Night Western Caribbean PLATINUM!!! and GRAND SLAM MEMBERS! UPCOMING CRUISES:s DREAM 1/9/15 3 Night Bahamas, WONDER 7/6/15 7 Night ALASKA, and WONDER 1/31/16 7 Night Southern Caribbean from San Juan
cmclaura is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: