Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-21-2010, 07:45 PM   #1
lucky1
Face Character

Anything special happens when Wonder and Magic are together?

Since the Wonder and Magic will both be in port at St Maarten on Jan 2, 2011, besides a horn battle, wondering if something else we might expect?

What has happened in the past when they were in the same location?
lucky1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 08:02 PM   #2
Otimon
DIS Veteran

They were together in Port Canaveral during our last cruise in Oct. We were sailing on the Magic and the Wonder had just come out of dry dock waiting to leave the next day.

The horns were wonderful to hear as we left port but other than that nothing different happened. It was terrific, however, to see and record on video the two of them together.
Otimon is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-21-2010, 08:07 PM   #3
lucky1
Face Character

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otimon View Post
They were together in Port Canaveral during our last cruise in Oct. We were sailing on the Magic and the Wonder had just come out of dry dock waiting to leave the next day.

The horns were wonderful to hear as we left port but other than that nothing different happened. It was terrific, however, to see and record on video the two of them together.
Otimon - We were on that cruise as well (unfortunately we were in our cabin when the horn battle) , but wondering if they have anything special planned when their are guests on both ships.
Old 03-21-2010, 08:59 PM   #4
pjpoohbear
Back in DVC point Debt!
Sofa surfed the PC and now the TA on DCL
And … Sofa surfing the world on DCL with my DIS friends

I was on the Magic when we were diverted to Nassau due to a hurricane in 2008, the Wonder was there on their normal day. Other then a horn-off nothing special happened. But it is a treat for the crews, if it is their off time, they can visit the other ship, I saw a lot of old friends visiting and there was a lot of "my ship is better then yours". The Captain of the Wonder came aboard the Magic for lunch.

Pj
1976 off-site camping, & 24 years later '00 CBR, '01 CBR, '01 Xmas ASMus, '02 DCL Wonder & POR, 2004 DCL Eastern & PopC, DVC SSR '04-'54(10/04@SSR, 04/05@OKW - F&GF, 10/05@OKW F&WF-Solo, 12/06 WLV Solo, 10/07 SSR, 12/07 AKV solo), 12/06 CC Double Dip~Magic (A lovely bunch of DISer's), 10/07~DCL Magic, the sister ships meet at Nassau, 05/08 DCL Panama Canal Repo-WB & DLR GC, B-Day F&WF Solo Sept '08, DCL Wonder 4 day and SSR 02/09, BB 3 day Wonder fall'09, DCL WBTA Repo '10, Dream Hallo'cruise 10/11

pjpoohbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 01:27 AM   #5
YenSid1222
I spent my life hoping someday my dreams would set me free, but now I am learning the true reality, that I can wish, hope and dream but its never meant to be...unless I believe in me!

You know...the ships usually pass each other every other week during normal (well, normal up until now at least...). It happens when the Magic is departing on an Eastern Itinerary on the first night. The Wonder is on a 3 night and spends Saturday at Castaway Cay...Wonder departs that evening around the same time the Magic departs Port Canaveral. Midnight-ish the two ships pass as the Wonder is returning and the Magic is on it's way to the Eastern Carribean. I have seen this happen twice now. The are not very close together, but if you know what you are looking for or bring some binoculars, you can definately see the distinct double funnel of the other ship. I have also asked an officer to see if they know what time we are passing and they have always been able to tell me the approximate time and whether it will be on the port or starboard side.

That being said, I would LOVE to be on board when they are in port together somewhere...
Disney Dream - 4 Nt Bahamas - October 2011 | Disney Wonder - 2 Nt Cruise to Nowhere - January 2011 | Disney Magic - 7 Night Repositioning Barcelona to Dover - June 5, 2010 | Disney Magic - Eastern May 9, 2009 | Disney Wonder - 3 Night Bahamas - December 11, 2008 | Disney Magic - 7 Night Eastern - April 14, 2007 | Disney Magic - 7 Night Western -February 10, 2007
YenSid1222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 01:47 AM   #6
mickeyfan1
Come and let me show you my tatoo
Let me drive you crazy.....

Shhhhhhhh, they don't want you to know, but where do you think all the little lifeboats came from?

Last edited by mickeyfan1; 03-22-2010 at 03:01 PM.
mickeyfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 11:04 AM   #7
lucky1
Face Character

Quote:
Originally Posted by YenSid1222 View Post

That being said, I would LOVE to be on board when they are in port together somewhere...
You should join us on the Dec 29th Holiday cruise... (Our DIS meet is lonely) As we are schedule to be in port with the Wonder at St Maarten. Then there is a "Rumor" that when the Wonder is on their Start of their Panama Repo Cruise, they will be at CC, Magic will be close by and the Dream will be doing a Press Tour in the same area, on Jan 7th.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyfan1 View Post
Shhhhhhhh, they don[t want you to know, but where do you think all the little lifeboats came from?
Wow... Now I know.
Old 03-22-2010, 02:14 PM   #8
shannonetherton
How to avoid defeat when truth and fiction meet, these are things that I don't understand!

We got to see it twice this year on Christmas Day. We were on the Magic and trying to Dock at CC while the Magic cruised all around us. Then that night Brent came over the announcements and told us all that the Wonder would be passing within hearing distance over the next half hour. It was so cool. You do not relize how pretty that ship is at night because you are always on it and cannot see all the lights. They got next to each other and played the horns and kept on sailing. It was cool to know she was close around us all day long!
Disney Wonder - Four times
Disney Magic - Two times
Disney Dream Back to Back May 29-June 6 2011
Disney Fantasy June 2 2013
Disney Dream December 2013
shannonetherton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 02:20 PM   #9
YenSid1222
I spent my life hoping someday my dreams would set me free, but now I am learning the true reality, that I can wish, hope and dream but its never meant to be...unless I believe in me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky1 View Post
You should join us on the Dec 29th Holiday cruise... (Our DIS meet is lonely) As we are schedule to be in port with the Wonder at St Maarten. Then there is a "Rumor" that when the Wonder is on their Start of their Panama Repo Cruise, they will be at CC, Magic will be close by and the Dream will be doing a Press Tour in the same area, on Jan 7th.

Wow... Now I know.
Isn't the Magic supposed to be in Nassau on the 7th? I guess the ships would pass after the Wonder starts heading south out of Castaway Cay and the Magic is heading North out of Nassau? An out-at-sea photo op...

I guess that Magic cruise on 12/29 is the place to be if you want to see both ships MULTIPLE times!
Disney Dream - 4 Nt Bahamas - October 2011 | Disney Wonder - 2 Nt Cruise to Nowhere - January 2011 | Disney Magic - 7 Night Repositioning Barcelona to Dover - June 5, 2010 | Disney Magic - Eastern May 9, 2009 | Disney Wonder - 3 Night Bahamas - December 11, 2008 | Disney Magic - 7 Night Eastern - April 14, 2007 | Disney Magic - 7 Night Western -February 10, 2007
YenSid1222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 02:46 PM   #10
lucky1
Face Character

Quote:
Originally Posted by YenSid1222 View Post
Isn't the Magic supposed to be in Nassau on the 7th? I guess the ships would pass after the Wonder starts heading south out of Castaway Cay and the Magic is heading North out of Nassau? An out-at-sea photo op...

I guess that Magic cruise on 12/29 is the place to be if you want to see both ships MULTIPLE times!
The all aboard on Jan 7th at Nassau is scheduled for 2pm (pretty early for a port), so we are speculating it is going to haul over to meet the Wonder (and possible Dream) as it is at or leaving CC.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: