Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Disney Movies, Books, TV and Music
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-24-2010, 05:36 PM   #31
8lovesmickey
I'm movin' on, say goodbye to me...down at the Laughin' Place is where I'll be!!!

eek - I forgot about Brave Little Toaster - yuck!

Disneyland Hotel Disney's Grand Californian Paradise Pier Hotel All Star Sports
Port Orleans French Quarter Pop Century Beach Club
[/FONT]
8lovesmickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 06:55 PM   #32
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

Alice in Wonderland didn't do it for me. Not sure I want to see the movie either...

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Tink rules is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-25-2010, 08:42 AM   #33
FlightlessDuck
Pluto's personal nose scratcher
Dumb people spoiling my fun makes me a sad Panda

Hunchback of Notre Dame: I found some of the subject matter to be really somewhat inappropriate for a Disney animated film.

Escape to Witch Mountain (1975): Just really, really bad.

Hercules: Sure, it's a great movie in general, but doesn't come anywhere close to actual Greek mythology.

'87: Off Site, '94: GF, '02: FWC, '06: POP, '09: CSR, '10: POP, '12: CSR
FlightlessDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 08:54 AM   #34
Rora
I'm the needy, sexy Unicorn fruit-hating Ballerina
I just eat it. I bite into it.

Oh gosh.. I more than a couple...

1. Dumbo- I hate the circus (okay, I'm terrified of the circus) and thought it was such a sad movie.
2. Pinocchio- I really really dislike this movie. I don't like Stromboli, Monstro, even Jimminy Cricket..
3. Snow White- No reason.. just dislike it.
4. Bambi- It's cute but too sad.
5. Hunchback- Again, sad, upsetting, etc.
Old 03-25-2010, 01:32 PM   #35
Experiment_626
Stealth Geek

I'm not that great a fan of Bambi, but it has nothing to do with it being sad. While it is unquestionably beautiful, I've always thought it really suffers in terms of characterization. There just really isn't much in terms of character development to me. Thumper is probably the most colorful character, but that's mainly because the child who voiced him wildly overacted.

Still, it is beautiful, and I don't hate it.

Robin Hood does very little for me. Recycled animation, recycled formula, recycled character designs ... it was made on the cheap, and it shows (compared with some of Disney's other work that was made cheaply and did a better job of hiding it).

I'm not particularly happy in general with most of Disney's animation after 101 Dalmatians and prior to The Little Mermaid. It was the heyday of Xerography at the studio, and almost everything had rough, black pencil outlines. I was and am much happier with the flowing, clean lines (in colors complementary with that of the adjacent paint) of earlier work, and which returned in the '90s. Mermaid used Xerography, but with colored toners (and there seems to have been an effort to keep the lines clean and tight). Xerography started on 101 Dalmatians, but for some reason it really enhanced that particular film.
Old 03-25-2010, 10:32 PM   #36
jessrose18
ADVENTURE IS OUT THERE!!

Oliver and company. I thought I remembered liking as a kid bought it last year when re-released it was dark and weird and aweful

jessrose18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 07:50 AM   #37
MickeyMirth
Mouseketeer

Like so many of you I really didn't enjoy Bambi. I was very young at the time and it was so long ago that theaters still had balconies that were the usual sitting area for younger kids and their parents. I cried when I finally grasped the fact that Bambi's mom was not coming back.

MickeyMirth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 04:00 PM   #38
LoodlesNoodles
DIS Veteran

I feel a bit like a freak for liking most of the ones you guys have mentioned. Bedknobs and Broomsticks was my favourite film ever for years, I can't tell you how many times I've subjected my brothers to watching that film with me. That and Rescuers Down Under (though, as I've gotten older I don't see so much what I liked about it now. I think it was just the cool Australian animals).

Cinderella is one I never got. I found her annoying and a little just well...blah.

I also don't like many of the pixar films. I can appreciate them for their beauty, but the plots just don't do it for me. Though I love A Bugs Life.
LoodlesNoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 05:26 PM   #39
kampfirekim
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlightlessDuck View Post
Hunchback of Notre Dame: I found some of the subject matter to be really somewhat inappropriate for a Disney animated film.

Escape to Witch Mountain (1975): Just really, really bad.

Hercules: Sure, it's a great movie in general, but doesn't come anywhere close to actual Greek mythology.
I totally agree with you! Especially on the Hunchback of ND. Totally inappropriate! I've already posted my dislikes, but I have to add Oliver and Company. (I still like way more than I don't like!)
kampfirekim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 06:20 PM   #40
Lesleyluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

No way!! pixar are brill....well loved toy story etc! some of the new stuff is..???
1998 - Port Orleans French Quarter * 1999 - All Star Music * 2000 - All Star Sports * 2001 - All Star Movies * 2002 - All Star Movies * 2004 - All Star Movies * 2006 - Caribbean Beach HONEYMOON!* 2008 - Port Orleans Riverside *2010 - Old Key West* 2013 - Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa

Magical Disneyland Paris Visits!2001 - Santa Fe Hotel * 2002 - Disneyland Hotel[COLOR="New York[/B][/B][/B][/B]

PaleGreen"]* 2005 - Hotel New York
[/[B]2011 - Hotel New York

Disneyland & California AdventureOct 2009 - 1st visit!

Lesleyluvsdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 08:52 AM   #41
brigitte7723
Mouseketeer

I actually haven't seen most of the movies you guys mentioned...haha. Probably because I wasn't interested as a child. I was into the Lion King and Beauty and the Beast. They are all on my netflix now though.

I just saw Snow White the other day and it was just..okay. I realize it was the first one though. But I found it really boring.
Also I didn't like Ratatouille and actually didn't finish it all. But I was also watching it by myself.
And..the Little Mermaid is not my favorite. I like the music and everything but just the fact that Ariel changes her whole life for this guy she doesn't even know is kind of strange.
brigitte7723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 09:15 AM   #42
iheartjacksparrow
Mouseketeer

Peter Pan
Pinnochio
Aladdin
I think because all the main characters in these are boys, but I never liked them as a kid. I want to give them all a try now though!

Mary Poppins.. (CAN'T stand it, idk why)

I also don't care for...
Lilo and Stitch (I like the music though!)

Never really saw..
The Incredibles or Cars
I've had them on in the background, but couldn't get into them.

Feels good to say that......

iheartjacksparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 10:37 AM   #43
Kumquatmelon
Desiring Disney

I dislike, but don't hate...
Hunchback of Notre Dame
Pinnochio
Bambi

I hate...
Cars

"You unlock this door with the key of imagination. Beyond it is another dimension. A dimension of sound. A dimension of sight. A dimension of mind. You're moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas. You've just crossed over into...The Twilight Zone. Hollywood, 1939. Amid the glitz and the glitter of a bustling, young movie town at the height of its golden age, The Hollywood Tower Hotel was a star in its own right; a beacon for the show business elite. Now, something is about to happen that will change all that. The time is now on an evening very much like the one we have just witnessed. Tonight's story on The Twilight Zone is somewhat unique and calls for a different kind of introduction. This, as you may recognize, is a maintenance service elevator still in operation, waiting for you. We invite you, if you dare, to step aboard because in tonight's episode, you are the star. And this elevator travels directly to - The Twilight Zone."
Kumquatmelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 10:48 AM   #44
jg121285
A friend of Stitch

I gotta say I'm not a big fan of Mary Poppins either. Some parts were good and Julie Andrews is cute but I fell asleep halfway through that one too. Maybe I'm just not a big fan of the musical movies.
Old 03-28-2010, 11:38 AM   #45
thelittlemermaid83
My reign will be a super-awesome thing
I will just live in suspense
I'm officially crazy

Wow not a lot of you liked Bambi or Dumbo! Them two were firm faves of mine when i was a little girl.

I will admit that i do not care for The Jungle Book, boring film, boring characters. Hated it when i was young and i hate it now. If i'm having trouble sleeping I will just put this film on.
thelittlemermaid83 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: