Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-20-2010, 09:11 PM   #1
LuvindisCruiser
DIS Veteran

Our 10 yr. old twins take on the World-For Spring Break. Update 05/19-The End

Introductions: Part I

Our WDW Travel dates March 10-18th, 2010.
Staying at Carribean Beach Resort
(I am writing this portion on the plane, on our way to WDW)

Cast of Characters:
Me- Robin(39): Loves, Loves, Loves Disney. I have been referred to as Disney Freak. (but, that’s what we are, right?). I have a part time job in the finance world, and the rest of the time in the Mommy/wife world. I enjoy my disboards, even when a Disney trip is not in the horizon. I can always dream ………………. I am a bit of a germophobic, too. So, I have brought lots of hand sanitizer for everyone. My favorite character is Tink. She is a sassy gal, and I can relate to her. !

DH-Cliff (42): He does not love, love, love Disney. I don’t even think he even just Loves Disney. But he loves a good vacation and loves to eat good food, so he is ready for WDW. Plus he has been on a low carb diet the past month, and has lost 17 lbs. He is SO ready to carb it across the World. (We are curious how much he can gain in a week.) His favorite character is of course grumpy, for obvious reasons. But, sometimes Fun Cliff does make an appearance.

DD- Megan (10): Favorite character is Tink, also. Megan is our fashion girl. She loves to accessorize, and has more purses than I do. She didn’t bring too much jewelry, because we had to make sure we didn’t go over 50lbs a bag ! Megan and I cannot wait to spend some money in the Hello Kitty area in Japan at Epcot. Megan is very caring and has a big heart, and very affectionate. She will always be my princess, even though that is not a cool thing anymore. Megan is a minute older than her brother, and brings this fact up when it benefits any situation!

DS-Matthew (10): Favorite character is Jack Sparrow, just because Matthew is 10, and all other characters are just not cool anymore! Matthew is our very structured child. His teachers love to have him in class, because Matthew keeps them on schedule. Matthew also has a great sense of humor, a bit on the sarcastic side. He reminds me more of stitch! Matthew is looking forward to the Pokémon store that is in Japan at Epcot. That is where he thinks he will spend all the money that he has saved. Matthew is an early riser, and early to bed. So, for him to stay up past 10:00 at night is usually very rare. This will be very interesting in WDW.

Matthew and Megan are obviously twins, but you would never know it. He is about 5 inches taller than his sister, and looks nothing alike. Yes, they are fraternal, people do ask! ha ha. Most of their friends don’t even know they are twins, because they don’t really announce that fact to many people.

This is our 2nd trip as a family to WDW. Our first trip was in 2005, when the kids were 5, but only had 4 full days at the parks. Then we went on the Dsney Wonder for 4 nights. It was one of our favorite vacations, ever.

Here is a picture of the kids at Castaway Cay in 2005.

Will continue in next post. Intoductions: Part II

(DH) (ME, can't stay off DIS) (DD13) (DS13)Pixie
Our 10yr. old twins take on the World for Spring Break-2010
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2424485

Last edited by LuvindisCruiser; 05-19-2010 at 10:34 PM.
Old 03-20-2010, 09:26 PM   #2
reyasmommy
DIS Veteran

I think your kids look a LOT alike. In those pictures they do anyway. ((They're cuties))

We were at Disney from March 4-14th. There were a few rainy, soggy days there, weren't there. We never took our ponchos off on the 12th. :confused

looking forward to more.
Register to remove

Old 03-20-2010, 09:37 PM   #3
LuvindisCruiser
DIS Veteran

Introductions: Part II

And, being that my husband is not the Disney nut that I am, our compromise is every 5 years for DisneyWorld. Can you believe that ? He says there are other places to vacation each year.
Last year, we went to Yellowstone. That was Cliffs vacation he has been wanting to do forever. The souviner shops were his Disneyworld, and shop he did ! We called Yellowstone, “Disneystone”, because people would just pull over to take pictures of bisons, bears, or wolves. Just, like people will just stop in the middle of Disney for a character. And, the souvenir shops were hard to resist.

But, this year is our Disney Year, and I am so excited! We are closer to Disneyland, so I do get my fix there about every year or two. Megan and I have gone to Disneyland by ourselves twice, so we cannot complain. The kids will get to Disneyworld at age 5, 10 (this trip) 15- (ouch-teenagers) 20- (hopefully pay their own way). And, after that I am still going with or without children !!!

So, I have been looking forward to this trip for the past 5 years !!

I also have to mention another character on this trip, because my friends want you know that I am crazy ! This character came about 2 years ago when my friend Jeanette and family were planning their WDW trip. I was so jealous and told her I was going with them no matter what !!! Well, they didn’t invite me. So, I created DISNEY ROBIN !

Disney Robin went with Jeanette and family, but never really made it in many WDW pictures. She went to fantasmic, and the hotel room. The rest of the time she was hidden away in a drawer, I think.
So, my other friend Doe went to Disneyland that same year, and invited Disney Robin on her family trip. And, Disney Robin saw it all. I have so many pictures of her at Disneyland that year, and she even went to SeaWorld.

Well, since then word has gotten around about Disney Robin, and she has been invited on numerous vacations, even non-disney vacations. We talk about her like she is a real person, it is a bit scary at times. Disney Robin has been to the following places: Disneyland (twice) Disneyworld (twice) this will be her 3rd trip there. Yellowstone, Seattle, Las Vegas (twice) and San Antonio. And, she has a few other trips planned for this year.

So, you will see a few pictures of her throughout my trip report, and that is just because I had no choice. I will send my friends pictures of her during our trip with my camera phone, so everyone knows how she is doing. How ears are falling apart, but I taped them together for this trip. This is the 2nd Disney Robin I have made, the first one fell apart after a few trips ! She is not waterproof, so you will not see her around much water.

When I first read Winkers and Jordans' trip reports with their characters, I realized I was not the only crazy disney person out there. But, taking Disney Robin on my own trip is a bit on the crazier side.

So, the night before our trip, we had everything ready to go ! We were so excited, we knew we would not be able to sleep. But, we did try.

Our Disney Countdown Calendar. All days are marked off, we leave in the morning !

When the kids woke up the morning of our trip, they found surprises waiting for them. Megan got a tween magazine, baby bottle pop, M&M’s, gum, crossword puzzle book, donald duck notebook and pen for the plane ride.

Matthew got a DVD, candy bar, bottle pop, gum, jelly beans, and starburst. Cliff got a movie and candy (since his diet is over). Cliff didn’t get home from work till 1:45 in the morning, so he is functioning on 5 hours of sleep, coffee and a red bull on this flight !

It also snowed the night before we left, and that made me even more excited for sunny skies and warm temperatures. Right now, I just want to sit by the pool with a tropical drink, and I will then be in my happy place. The flight is 3 1/2 hours straight from Albuquerque, NM to Orlando. Just a few hours away……………………………………………….

Old 03-20-2010, 09:42 PM   #4
LuvindisCruiser
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyasmommy View Post
I think your kids look a LOT alike. In those pictures they do anyway. ((They're cuties))

We were at Disney from March 4-14th. There were a few rainy, soggy days there, weren't there. We never took our ponchos off on the 12th. :confused

looking forward to more.
My first reader !!!

Yeah on the 12th we were at MK, and left after a few hours, just too much rain that day. WE didn't enjoy the rain at all, but we did get on all the rides pretty fast !!! We wore our ponchos 2 days in a row !
I had read your PTR, now that I am back to the real world, I'm going to start reading TR from others that were there when we were !!

Old 03-20-2010, 10:07 PM   #5
LuvindisCruiser
DIS Veteran

A picture of our luggage the morning of our trip. The big black suitcase weighed 49 lbs. ! That was close. On Southwest, they charge you for any luggage over 50 lbs.

Me and Matthew on the flight.

Cliff and Megan on the flight. Cliff's wearing sunglasses because of lack of sleep.

Disney Robin cannot contain her excitement on flight.

The flight went pretty fast considering how long it was.

But, we could not wait till we landed !

Old 03-20-2010, 10:11 PM   #7
heaven2dc
DIS Veteran

First of all - your kids are so adorable! And I would go crazy (now anyway) if I had to wait 5 years for another Disney vacation - we didn't take our first one until 1997 and then I didn't go again until 2008 (twice). Skipping 2009 was so hard!! (but we finally all get to go as an entire family this year - leaving Nov 28th & departing Dec 3rd, unless I can find a good rate for another 2 nights.)

So glad your TR has started!

WDW Trips: March 1997 (BWV), February 2008 (BWV), December 2008 (BWV), Nov/Dec 2010 (BWV)

Disneyland Trips: September 1983, AP Holder July 2013 (twice), August 2013 & November 2013

All Our Dreams Come True If We Have the Courage To Pursue Them - Walt Disney
Old 03-20-2010, 10:17 PM   #8
ddmeka
Earning My Ears

Can't wait to here about your vacation.
Old 03-20-2010, 10:19 PM   #9
LuvindisCruiser
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post
I'm in too!! Can't wait to hear all about your adventures!!! Your children are beautiful!!
Thank you, thanks for reading.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heaven2dc View Post
First of all - your kids are so adorable! And I would go crazy (now anyway) if I had to wait 5 years for another Disney vacation - we didn't take our first one until 1997 and then I didn't go again until 2008 (twice). Skipping 2009 was so hard!! (but we finally all get to go as an entire family this year - leaving Nov 28th & departing Dec 3rd, unless I can find a good rate for another 2 nights.)

So glad your TR has started!
I knew if I didn't just start right away, I may never start ! But, this is a great way to relive all our magical memories !
And, about after a couple of years of no Disneyworld, I do start to go crazy !
Then I just have to go to Disneyland for a Disney fix !

Old 03-21-2010, 08:35 AM   #10
BsAngel
Earning My Ears

Yay

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvindisCruiser View Post
Thank you, thanks for reading.

I knew if I didn't just start right away, I may never start ! But, this is a great way to relive all our magical memories !
And, about after a couple of years of no Disneyworld, I do start to go crazy !
Then I just have to go to Disneyland for a Disney fix !
I am in cant wait to read more
Old 03-21-2010, 10:15 AM   #11
LuvindisCruiser
DIS Veteran

Our 10 yr. old twins take on the world-for SPRING BREAK!

We have arrived !

Our flight landed about 10 minutes early, getting us there at 4:30 Florida time. It was really a fast flight. Matthew kept busy with his DSi, Megan with her bag of goodies she got that morning, Cliff read a book and played on the computer. I was busy starting my trip report and starting a new book by Nicholas Sparks.
We did sanitize all our area around us, once we got situated in our seats. Everyone gets a anti-acterial wipie, and we wipe our armreast, table tray and lock, seat belt, air vent switch, and anything else we can get to. Then apply anti-bac gel on our hands. Just a precaution ………….. We don’t want to be sick in Disneyworld.

Once we landed, we went straight for the bathrooms to wash off any airplane germs that may have attached themselves to us. We got on our first ride, the airport monorail and went in search of our luggage.

I had taped yellow duct tape on the outsides of our luggage, so they were very easy to find. The luggage actually came pretty fast.

We rented a car, so went downstairs to the budget rental desk. And, of course Budget had the longest line of all the car rentals. It probably took a good hour from start to finish. I spent the time in line added 250 more minutes of text to my calling plan.
Disney Robin was keeping in touch with family and friends back home through pictures and text, so I knew I better increase the text usage.
The kids kept an eye on our luggage and snacked on chips. Cliff kept busy going back and forth between us stating the obvious. Budget has the longest lines. Budget has the least amount of workers. Budget is training a new person.

So, finally it is our turn. We are almost all done, when the employee ask if we want to purchase the additional insurance for 14.00 a day. Of course not, we never do. We are covered under our credit card. The Budget employee informs us that we are not covered for liability, and if we hit someone, we are not covered if sued by a 3rd party. Blah, blah, blah. So, Cliff calls our credit card co. and was informed that we are not covered. We purchase the ridiculous insurance, which we have never purchased before, and were finally on our way. Of course, we did not hit any one else. Nobody hit us. But, we were insured !!! I really need to check into the insurance for next time we rent a car.

We got to our full size Chevy Impala,

We shoved all our luggage into the trunk, and it actually fit ! I got out the anti-bac wipes and cleaned off all touchable areas. (There was a story on The Morning Show about how dirty rental cars are) I still would have cleaned it without hearing about the show, of course. Plugged in Emily (the GPS). Waited for her to get her bearings, and she guided us to Wal-mart.

At Wal-Mart we got our breakfast items for each morning and some drinks for each evening. They actually have a big selection of souvenirs. It was a nice wal-mart. Clean and not very busy.

By time we got to WDW we went through 4 toll booths. For .75 twice, 1 for 1.25, and 1 for 1.75 ! Total of 4.50. By time we hit the 3rd one, we said we were going to run out of quarters. Matthew said I hope you don’t have to use our quarters for our pressed pennies ! Megan got a little concerned after that.

Finally we passed through the sign that makes all the traveling worth it. Walt Disney World, we have arrived !!!

Sorry, that was as good as I could get !

We have arrived ! We are officially at Disneyworld ! I got a bit choked up, but I kept it together.

Up Next: Carribean Beach Resort ....................

Old 03-21-2010, 10:32 AM   #12
15isto2
DIS Veteran

looking forward to hearing more

Old 03-21-2010, 11:26 AM   #13
LuvindisCruiser
DIS Veteran

Carribean Beach Resort

Emily leads us to Carribean Beach Resort without any problems. She did keep calling Carribean Beach road, Cayman Way road. So, that may have been changed at some point. But, we knew what she meant.
It is dark by this point, so we didn’t get the full effect of our resort until the next morning.

We stopped at the security booth, he asked for our names and Cliff’s drivers license. They are really good about security at this resort. We pulled into the custom house, I went in to check us in for our stay. I was the only one checking in at the time. I did do the on-line check in, so everything was ready for me. The TV was on with cartoons for the kids, but there was nobody there. It was like a ghost town in there. The lady that helped me was very nice and showed me where we needed to go, gave me my packet of KTTW cards, and the card to put on the dash of our car for parking.

We were assigned Martinique 2243, 2nd floord.

(picture was taken at another time during our trip, but thought you'd appriciate a picture about now.)

My request were not honored, obviously. I asked for Jamaica 45 or Aruba 51, corner room. But, looking on the map our room didn’t seem that much further to the pool or Old Port Royale. And, the bus stop and quiet pool were very close to us.

We got to our parking lot, and grabbed as much as we could. Luggage, groceries, children, carry-ons. And, went in search of our room.

After taking the loooonnnggg way around bldg. 22, we got to our room. We realized a closer parking lot later. We get to our room, and open the door to our home away from home. Finally, I am here…………………. I should have taken pictures of our clean, empty room. But, all we wanted to do was dump all our stuff and go eat dinner. It was 8:00 by this point, and we were HUNGRY ! The room was very nice. The décor was cute with the Nemo theme, and it did seem clean. I will sanitize it later though.

We walked to the Old Port Royale where the restaurant Shutters is, the food court, and the gift shop and game room are located. When you walk into the food court, there are different food stations. Matthew and Cliff went to the hamburger shop. Matt had a burger and fries (the first of many on this trip), and Cliff had a chile cheese dog (he had been craving one) Megan and I went to the pizza&pasta shop, we both had the kids pasta with meatball. It came with 2 sides (applesauce, choc pudding, cookie, or jello) and a drink. I also got 2 breadsticks for us.

(This is one of the few pictures I have of food, I just couldn't remember to take pictures, we were usually just too hungry to get out the camera.)

I actually got full on the kids meal. Matt and Cliff finished our food, because they were both still hungry. I remembered somehow to take a picture of our dinner, but I could never remember again after this. So, I am so sorry that I will not have much food porn in my report.

After dinner we went to the pool, Cliff took a “cocktail” from our room with him. Cliff and the kids stayed at the pool and swam and went to the hot tub. I went to our room to unpack, and sanitize. I also had my own “cocktail” in celebration of finally being at WDW.

When they got back to the room, Megan noticed their were surprises for each of us on top of the shelf. We got them down to see what we had got. Matt’s was from Stith, and was a t-shirt and Pirates Pez dispenser. Megan’s was from Jasmin, and was a Minnie necklace and bracelet. Cliff’s was from the princesses, and was a t-shirt and candy. Mine was from Mickey, and was a bracelet and necklace like Megan’s. We were so lucky !

We finally went to bed about 11:00, exhausted and excited about our first park day the next morning.

We were starting off at Animal kingdom, tomorrow!

Up next: a surpise wake-up at 5:15am, and will the rain keep us away ?

Old 03-21-2010, 11:41 AM   #14
heaven2dc
DIS Veteran

uh oh - wonder what the surprise wake up is?!!

You have given me lots of tips to sanitize for our next trip I would never have thought of doing that in the airplane and then washing your hands when you got off the plane. It's amazing what germs you can pick up and you definitely don't want to get sick for your trip.

WDW Trips: March 1997 (BWV), February 2008 (BWV), December 2008 (BWV), Nov/Dec 2010 (BWV)

Disneyland Trips: September 1983, AP Holder July 2013 (twice), August 2013 & November 2013

All Our Dreams Come True If We Have the Courage To Pursue Them - Walt Disney
Old 03-21-2010, 12:04 PM   #15
reyasmommy
DIS Veteran

The budget employee tried convincing us to get the extra insurance as well. I said “NO”… I can guarantee that I wasn’t going to hit anybody. If we were going to get in an accident, it was definitely NOT going to by my fault. Our credit card and car insurance would cover us if we got in an accident. I hate how pushy those rental guys can be. I don’t know how many times we had to say “NO, NO, NO”!!

I was really impressed on how much Disney stuff Walmart has out there. Next time I’m not going to buy any disney shirts before we leave and just wait until we get to Florida and purchase them from walmart. They had cuter stuff then any of the actual Disney Stores and they were ½ the price.

I love CBR, that’s where we stayed for our Honeymoon back in 2001. We’ve stayed there for our 2 year anniversary as well.. I’m sure they’ve refurbished the rooms since then, but I absolutely loved it there.

Looking forward to more.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: