Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-23-2010, 05:19 PM   #121
lauren_elizabeth
Disney World Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoktenox View Post
Ok girl, just re-read the update so I could see the pictures...much better than on my phone!

I loveeeee all the Pop pictures...makes me so excited to stay there in July!! What are your feelings on Pop vs. a deluxe? Was it like culture shock?

Of course you went to the MK first! Can't wait for more

You & Chris are going to love Pop! It's the only Disney hotel we've ever stayed in other then All Star Movies (when we stayed on property the first time).

Old 03-23-2010, 05:26 PM   #122
micandminforever
DIS Veteran

I loved the pictures of your Dis meet with MeMom , so I decided to come along on the trip report. I am glad I made it in time for the MK. Great on getting a refurbished room.
One day trips with Family 1972,1973, 1976, Honeymoon off site June 1985, Off site June 1986, Off site June 1989, Grand Floridian June 1992, Wilderness Lodge June 1995, Dixie Landing(POR) April 1997, Hilton at Downtown Disney April 2000, Beach Club June 2003, POFQ June 2005, Pop Century Dec. 2005, Pop Century Jan. 2006, Pop Century Sept. 2007, POFQ Jan. 2009, Pop Century Sept 2009, BLT 25th Anniversary Trip June 2010, CBR March 2011, PORS Sept. 2012, Pop Century Jan. 2013
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-23-2010, 05:42 PM   #123
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

Super slow, but finally here!
Old 03-23-2010, 06:11 PM   #124
Sunset Cliffs
DIS Veteran

Wow! You started 3 days ago & you are already on page 9? It reminds me of Jordan's TR that I can never keep up on.

I love how you took a ton of pictures of your first 2 hours there. LOL. I can tell that you were excited. Can't wait to hear about your first MK experience.

You both look so great! Congrats on eating healthier. We got a Wii Fit Plus for Christmas too and we have so much fun with it.
Old 03-23-2010, 06:32 PM   #125
michellem1118
DIS Veteran

pssst.... I started my trip report...
Dec. 2000-Jan. 2001 ~ AS-Sports ... April 2007 ~ CSR (joined DVC) ... Oct. 2007 ~ SSR ... July-Aug. 2008 ~ OKW & DCL ~ HONEYMOON! ... March 2009 ~ SSR ... July 2009 ~ 1st anniversary @ AKV ... Christmas 2009 ~ Family Trip @ SSR ... March 2010 ~ BCV ... June 2010 ~ John's (late) birthday celebration @ VWL ... July-August 2010 ~ 2nd anniversary @ BLT/VWL ... Upcoming: June 9-16, 2011 ~ Club Level! at AKV & BWV

The Summer of Disney - June 2010 & July/August 2010 Trip Report
Bringin' the HAPPY Back! Spring Break 2010 Trip Report
Never Again! Our Holiday Family Trip
Old 03-23-2010, 07:38 PM   #126
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocahontasgal87 View Post
awwww your pictures r getting me excited!!! cnat wait to see more!!!(38 days left!!)
Aw I'm so glad! I hope you have tons of fun. Can I come with?! LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlrababy View Post
awww yay!!! Another update!!!!

I just love seeing the Disney arches!!

Yay for getting a refurbed room!!
Haha, I'm just on a roll aren't I?!

I'm so glad we got one of the new rooms!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancegrl624 View Post
I love driving under the WDW arch! It makes the trip so real. How awesome that you got a refurbed room at Pop. I'm hoping that they're all finished by Sept when we stay there again. I love the new bedspreads and the privacy curtain in front of the sink. The new tvs are awesome, but I think I'm going to miss the old tv stand/dresser. There were more shelves and the drawers were bigger. I'm sure it will still be fine though.

I love your "Just Engaged" buttons. So cute! Aren't the bus stops at Pop the greatest? I'm looking forward to reading about your first day at MK!
I'm glad you liked the pics of our room. It was SO nice!

I did like the bus stops. I just hated how long the lines sometimes got!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella16 View Post
Yay! You guys made it!!!
That is the best feeling to drive through those arches!!!

Yikes 43 miles of construction...I will need to make a note of this since I am sure it will still be going on by the time we leave!

The engagement pins are adorable! I can't wait to hear about the other surprises you got!!

And the rooms at Pop look really nice! I never knew!
It was definately exciting to finally be there!

Yeah, definately be prepared for lots of road construction!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Believeinfairytales View Post
Great TR so far. I'm curious to see how it all turns out for you b/c I know several of my friends were there last week celebrating Spring Break and they said it was SUPER CROWDED.

Congrats on the engagement, too, by the way. You guys make a cute couple...
Aw thanks. It was definately exciting to be congratulated all the time for our pins.

We honestly didn't have a problem with the crowds. Maybe it's because we're used to the summer crowds that this was such a difference for us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by addictedtothemouse View Post
I'm always bouncing in my seat when we pass under the arch. The girls fight over who has to sit next to me when we get there because on our very first trip DD(15) was next to me and I grabbed her arm in my excitement and accidentally pinched her.
We always go to MK first.
That's going to be me when I have kids too!

Oooh we always have to go to MK first!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoktenox View Post
Ok girl, just re-read the update so I could see the pictures...much better than on my phone!

I loveeeee all the Pop pictures...makes me so excited to stay there in July!! What are your feelings on Pop vs. a deluxe? Was it like culture shock?

Of course you went to the MK first! Can't wait for more
Hey girl! Glad you were able to see the pics better!

You'll be seeing more Pop pics in future updates.

It was definately different than staying at our usual- OKW. But, we actually loved Pop. The room was nice..clean..the gift shop was good-sized...the food court had lots of choices..the whole resort was overall clean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by micandminforever View Post
I loved the pictures of your Dis meet with MeMom , so I decided to come along on the trip report. I am glad I made it in time for the MK. Great on getting a refurbished room.
Aw, thanks for coming over!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
Super slow, but finally here!
Hey! Glad you made it over!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunset Cliffs View Post
Wow! You started 3 days ago & you are already on page 9? It reminds me of Jordan's TR that I can never keep up on.

I love how you took a ton of pictures of your first 2 hours there. LOL. I can tell that you were excited. Can't wait to hear about your first MK experience.

You both look so great! Congrats on eating healthier. We got a Wii Fit Plus for Christmas too and we have so much fun with it.
Haha, I can't believe how many pages this TR is already on. It makes me feel loved.

LOL I did take lots of pics. I took lots for two reasons: 1) the TR and 2)Mom, Dad, and Sis- since they are usually with, I wanted to show them everything we did.

We love our Wii Fit Plus! Our Mii's look exactly like us..it's hilarious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by michellem1118 View Post
pssst.... I started my trip report...
Going over now!
Old 03-23-2010, 08:11 PM   #127
BrooklynnsMommy
DIS Veteran

After such a long day it was very nice to come and see pictures of our wonderful "home away from home."
Old 03-23-2010, 08:17 PM   #128
tinkgurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynnsMommy View Post
After such a long day it was very nice to come and see pictures of our wonderful "home away from home."
Aw, glad to make your day.
Old 03-23-2010, 08:33 PM   #129
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post

It's so exciting to go out front for your very first bus ride of a trip!
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 03-23-2010, 09:48 PM   #130
CW4DW
Waiting to return to the World

I'm in... Can't wait for more

1st trip ever ~ September 2006 (Pop Century) | Winter Trip ~ January 2007 (Pop Century) | Christmas Trip ~ December 2007 (Riverside) | Honeymoon ~ October 2008 (Riverside) | Spring Break at Disneyland ~ March 2009 | Free Dining ~ September 2009 (Riverside) | Christmas Trip ~ December 2009 (Riverside) | Springtime Trip ~ May 2010 (Riverside) | Christmas Trip ~ November 2010 (Saratoga Springs) | Spring Trip ~ April 2011 (Riverside) | Fall Trip ~ September 2011 (Boardwalk Villas) | Christmas Trip ~ December 2011 (Riverside) | February/March 2012 (Riverside) | September 2012 (Animal Kingdom Lodge - Kidani Village) | December 2012 (Old Key West & Riverside)
Old 03-23-2010, 09:53 PM   #131
jordanyosh
DIS Veteran

You were in the same building as I was at Pop! Even though it was facing the Parking Lot, it was sooo close to the bus stops! It was great wasn't it. Especially after a long day at the park....
Old 03-23-2010, 10:50 PM   #133
tinkgurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
It's so exciting to go out front for your very first bus ride of a trip!
It is very exciting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CW4DW View Post
I'm in... Can't wait for more
Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanyosh View Post
You were in the same building as I was at Pop! Even though it was facing the Parking Lot, it was sooo close to the bus stops! It was great wasn't it. Especially after a long day at the park....
That's awesome we stayed in the same building! It was SO great being that close to the bus stop. Who cares about that view?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
Wow, your fiancee really has lost some weight. I can really tell versus the pictures from your previous TR. Tell him good job!
Aw, thanks. I will tell him!
Old 03-23-2010, 11:23 PM   #134
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

great start to the report. Ok tell him to pass his magic to lose weight my way please, I need it.

It must have been fantastic to have a trip with only you 2. Cannot wait to read more.
Old 03-23-2010, 11:37 PM   #135
xDisneyAngelx
"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, Your party from Saturn has arrived please give them a ring"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post
The bus is here!:

~Up next:

MK for the rest of the day and some more surprises!

I love it when I am about to take my first bus ride of the trip. [Especially when its a MK bus] I wish I was there right now :-( I cant wait to read more about your trip :-)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: