Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-04-2010, 12:26 AM   #751
Sunset Cliffs
DIS Veteran

It was fun seeing all the pictures of POP. We have never been there, and it is a place I would like to go to sometime. It looks like there is a lot to see.

Your excitement is contageous. I was getting so excited for you to get to AK while reading this. LOL. Rope drop is another thing that we have never accomplished. Good for you guys.

I love the "Disney" font that they used for the sign that says "Let the Adventure Begin." Every time I see that font it makes me happy.
Old 05-04-2010, 12:41 AM   #752
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by All7OfUs View Post
First off, THANKS for all those pix of the POP!! I doubt I'll ever get up before the crack of dawn and get photos like yours, but I still can't wait to find all those fun icons from the different eras of POP culture!

YAY!! your first RD!! How fun! I can really feel your excitement in your writing. We made RD too at AK but were too far back to see the show at all. Only Mickey and Pluto's heads! Love that hidden MIckey fishing net
You're welcome! I know you're going to like Pop!

It was so much fun to finally be at a rope drop! I thought that net was cute too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunset Cliffs View Post
It was fun seeing all the pictures of POP. We have never been there, and it is a place I would like to go to sometime. It looks like there is a lot to see.

Your excitement is contageous. I was getting so excited for you to get to AK while reading this. LOL. Rope drop is another thing that we have never accomplished. Good for you guys.

I love the "Disney" font that they used for the sign that says "Let the Adventure Begin." Every time I see that font it makes me happy.
Pop is really a neat place to stay!

Haha, glad I could pass on my excitement! I tried to write it so you guys were right there with me. I have to admit, Mom and Sis both say we're crazy for getting up that early. HAHA

I love the "Disney" font too!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-04-2010, 01:07 AM   #753
jordanyosh
DIS Veteran

I love those pictures of Pop!!!! I don't know if I've ever seen Pop that early in the morning...I'm a night owl...
Old 05-04-2010, 06:23 AM   #754
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post

What a nice way to start a day!
I love this park!!!
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 05-04-2010, 06:59 AM   #755
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Woo hoo for rope drop! You know we like those. I wonder if they still ever do the opening show by the Tree of Life...we've seen it done there a few times and Mickey is waaaaay up by the tree so they act like they are talking to him and can't find him right away. haha
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIP: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 05-04-2010, 07:19 AM   #756
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

What great early morning pictures of Pop! We love it there and can't wait to stay there again in Sept. We loved the food court too. So many choices! I'm so happy you got to see the AK rope drop. Isn't it so cute? I haven't seen Mickey come out on the jeep. We usually head to KS, so we've seen something different (Minnie, Goofy and Pluto on the jeep and Mickey far away by the Tree of Life). I wave to the characters too and my DH thinks I'm nuts. I can't help it!

Completed Trip Reports
A Sept 2013 Solo Trip to the World It's A Cat World After All A Sept 2012 TRCelebrations Galore & Free Dining Too! A Sept 2012 PTR
Take Small Children By The Hand...a Sept Trip Report "I Want To Go Back!!!...a Sept 2010 PTR
Heat,Headaches but So Much Fun! My June Birthday TR Wishes Do Come True!...a Birthday PTR A Surprise Fit for a Princess...PTR and TR
1984-1st trip, 1987-offsite, 1991-offsite, 1992-Contemporary (won that trip!), 1997-ASMu, 2002-offsite (DH's 1st trip),
2006-offsite (DD's 1st trip), Jan 2009-offsite, June 2009- Birthday trip at Pop,Sept 2010-Pop Century,Aug 2012-Boardwalk Inn,Sept 2012-POFQ (DS's 1st trip),Sept 2013-CR (Earmarked Conference), March 2014-DCL AEP on the Magic
Old 05-04-2010, 07:28 AM   #757
SweetMommy
DIS Veteran

When we stayed at Pop in December we stayed to the right (looking at it) of the Mickey phone on the 4th floor. It's a preferred room and it was awesome. The whole place is awesome. So much so that we are spending 2 weeks there in August!
Old 05-04-2010, 09:41 AM   #758
FauntleroyFAN07
Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy

Location: Indiana, but still Bears, Cubs, and Bulls Country...Go Bulls

i have never seen the opening show start there, normally it is up by the tree of life, that is kinda weird, wonder why they did it there that day?

Brand Spanking NEW Art of Animation TR new 11-7

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
Old 05-04-2010, 09:50 AM   #759
tinkgurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanyosh View Post
I love those pictures of Pop!!!! I don't know if I've ever seen Pop that early in the morning...I'm a night owl...
Thanks! I am usually a night owl, but for some reason, we changed that this trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
What a nice way to start a day!
I love this park!!!
Thanks MeMom!

It was so much fun to see a rope drop finally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
Woo hoo for rope drop! You know we like those. I wonder if they still ever do the opening show by the Tree of Life...we've seen it done there a few times and Mickey is waaaaay up by the tree so they act like they are talking to him and can't find him right away. haha
Wow, that sounds pretty cool! I wonder why they did it all the way up front?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancegrl624 View Post
What great early morning pictures of Pop! We love it there and can't wait to stay there again in Sept. We loved the food court too. So many choices! I'm so happy you got to see the AK rope drop. Isn't it so cute? I haven't seen Mickey come out on the jeep. We usually head to KS, so we've seen something different (Minnie, Goofy and Pluto on the jeep and Mickey far away by the Tree of Life). I wave to the characters too and my DH thinks I'm nuts. I can't help it!
Isn't the food court great?!

The rope drop is definitely cute!! Sounds like we saw a different version!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetMommy View Post
When we stayed at Pop in December we stayed to the right (looking at it) of the Mickey phone on the 4th floor. It's a preferred room and it was awesome. The whole place is awesome. So much so that we are spending 2 weeks there in August!
You're right, the whole place is awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
i have never seen the opening show start there, normally it is up by the tree of life, that is kinda weird, wonder why they did it there that day?

I was confused too! Even though we had never done rope drop before, I had seen pics of it on the DIS before we left. I don't know why they did it up front.
Old 05-04-2010, 10:00 AM   #760
Disneylove1228
Mouseketeer

once again, i just got all caught up on your TR!!

I LOVE all the pics of your day at Epcot... and I've never been to the GF so those pics were amazing, too! and now, of course, I am going to drag my DH there and we're going to have to check it out

Love all the pics of POP!! Gosh, you're so awesome for waking up so early and checking it all out at that hour... LOL I never do! but maybe this trip.....

So happy you made it to a rope drop!! how cool!!
Old 05-04-2010, 10:03 AM   #761
tinkgurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneylove1228 View Post
once again, i just got all caught up on your TR!!

I LOVE all the pics of your day at Epcot... and I've never been to the GF so those pics were amazing, too! and now, of course, I am going to drag my DH there and we're going to have to check it out

Love all the pics of POP!! Gosh, you're so awesome for waking up so early and checking it all out at that hour... LOL I never do! but maybe this trip.....

So happy you made it to a rope drop!! how cool!!
Thanks! It was such a beautiful day at Epcot.

You HAVE to go check out the GF!!

Seriously, this is the first trip ever that we've been up that early. My Mom and Sis think we're nuts! We just loved it!

I couldn't believe how well everything worked out for rope drop!
Old 05-04-2010, 11:25 AM   #762
therussells08
Roger, Simba One!

Location: ...just beyond the meadows of joy and the valley of contentment!

I have been LOVING your TR! I just started reading a few days ago and I have spent hours in front of the computer catching up! You guys are such a cute couple!! Thanks for sharing your trip with us!

You've probably already answered these questions a million times but my eyes have gone blurry and I think I missed the answers:

1.) What is the name of your Disney secrets book? I want one so bad before my next trip!

2.) Where can I get one of those bags? I NEED ONE!
Old 05-04-2010, 11:37 AM   #763
MarieTheCat24
DIS Veteran

Great Update! All of the pictures from Pop are so neat. I've never been there, but I kind of want to go just so I can get my picture taken with Mr. and Mrs. Potatohead.

That's so cool that you guys were the first ones at the turnstyle. I've always wondered what that felt like. I doubt I'll ever get to a park early enough to be the very first. I mean, we make it in time for Rope Drop most days, but the very first at a turnstyle? Probably never gonna happen.

And I do quite enjoy the little Opening Show at AK. Minnie's safari outfit is adorable. Her little safari boots, complete with heel, are so stylish! And I love how she has her signature polka dots represented on the hat.

And I'm totally with you regarding the whole being grown up and still waving at characters thing. Last summer, during Spectromagic the Genie looked right down at me and waved. I almost passed out. I felt like a tween at a Justin Bieber concert. It was amazing.
Old 05-04-2010, 12:44 PM   #764
tinkgurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by therussells08 View Post
I have been LOVING your TR! I just started reading a few days ago and I have spent hours in front of the computer catching up! You guys are such a cute couple!! Thanks for sharing your trip with us!

You've probably already answered these questions a million times but my eyes have gone blurry and I think I missed the answers:

1.) What is the name of your Disney secrets book? I want one so bad before my next trip!

2.) Where can I get one of those bags? I NEED ONE!
Aw thanks for reading!!

The book is called 'The Hidden Magic of Walt Disney World' by Susan Veness. I highly recommend it!

My Sis got my bag for me on e-bay. They also sell them at select WDW stores and on the Disney Store online.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarieTheCat24 View Post
Great Update! All of the pictures from Pop are so neat. I've never been there, but I kind of want to go just so I can get my picture taken with Mr. and Mrs. Potatohead.

That's so cool that you guys were the first ones at the turnstyle. I've always wondered what that felt like. I doubt I'll ever get to a park early enough to be the very first. I mean, we make it in time for Rope Drop most days, but the very first at a turnstyle? Probably never gonna happen.

And I do quite enjoy the little Opening Show at AK. Minnie's safari outfit is adorable. Her little safari boots, complete with heel, are so stylish! And I love how she has her signature polka dots represented on the hat.

And I'm totally with you regarding the whole being grown up and still waving at characters thing. Last summer, during Spectromagic the Genie looked right down at me and waved. I almost passed out. I felt like a tween at a Justin Bieber concert. It was amazing.
Thanks! Pop is really fun to walk around!

We are still so surprised we were first at the turnstile! How lucky was that?! We didn't even plan it!

Minnie is so cute!

Haha, that is so cute with the Genie waving at you.
Old 05-04-2010, 02:44 PM   #765
vamassey1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post

They did this in Feb too. Back in June it was at the Tree.

April 83- Choir trip offsite
Sept 99- Hilton Hotel Plaza
March 02-Movies
Thanksgiving 02-Marriott Hotel Plaza
Mardi Gras 04-Movies
New Years 06-POP
May 07-POP
June 09-POP
Mardi Gras 10-POFQ
Mardi Gras 12-PORS

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: