Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-24-2010, 09:50 AM   #136
kaos928
Mouseketeer

Yay! Everything is going so smoothly!

How thoughtful of your dad to call ahead about your engagement!

Can't wait for more
My Disney Trips: 2/94 Ramada Main Gate, 2/95 Days Inn, 2/96 ASMu, 11/96 Days Inn, 2/97 Dixie Landing, 11/97 Contemporary, 11/98 Coronado Springs, 2/99 ASMu, 4/99 ASMo & ASMu, 11/99 AS Sports, 2/00 All-Star Sports, 10/00 ASMu, 2/01 Grosvenor, 2/02 ASMu, 2/04 Port Orleans, 12/04 POP, 2/06 Pop, 8/06 Pop, 8/09 ASMu w/DBF, 5/10 AKV Disneymoon

Next: March 12th 2012

Old 03-24-2010, 10:41 AM   #137
All7OfUs
We too are so very NOT into traipsing through the dark when a bucket will do just great
What a fun way to meet new folks and say howdy

Did you DF lose like a whole bunch of weight?? Just wondering; he looks really different in this set of pix!!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-24-2010, 10:47 AM   #138
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
great start to the report. Ok tell him to pass his magic to lose weight my way please, I need it.

It must have been fantastic to have a trip with only you 2. Cannot wait to read more.
Aw thanks Scott! Haven't heard from you in awhile!!

I'll tell him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDisneyAngelx View Post
I love it when I am about to take my first bus ride of the trip. [Especially when its a MK bus] I wish I was there right now :-( I cant wait to read more about your trip :-)
I love it too! We couldn't get to the MK fast enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaos928 View Post
Yay! Everything is going so smoothly!

How thoughtful of your dad to call ahead about your engagement!

Can't wait for more
I was so glad how easy everything was going. I was worried something would go wrong!

Quote:
Originally Posted by All7OfUs View Post
Did you DF lose like a whole bunch of weight?? Just wondering; he looks really different in this set of pix!!
He did. We both have. I've lost a little of my "love handles" and he just lost a bunch of weight all over. We've changed the way we eat, what we're eating, and exercising (mainly with our Wii Fit Plus). Now that the weather's getting nicer, we'll start going for walks/runs again. Okay, mainly I'm the one who walks, he runs.
Old 03-24-2010, 10:58 AM   #139
All7OfUs
We too are so very NOT into traipsing through the dark when a bucket will do just great
What a fun way to meet new folks and say howdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post
He did. We both have. I've lost a little of my "love handles" and he just lost a bunch of weight all over. We've changed the way we eat, what we're eating, and exercising (mainly with our Wii Fit Plus). Now that the weather's getting nicer, we'll start going for walks/runs again. Okay, mainly I'm the one who walks, he runs.
I thought so! You both look really fit and great!!! Making good choices is going to be super for both of you, and a great way to start of together- with good habits you can be together in.

Old 03-24-2010, 11:00 AM   #140
tinkgurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by All7OfUs View Post
I thought so! You both look really fit and great!!! Making good choices is going to be super for both of you, and a great way to start of together- with good habits you can be together in.
Thanks Liesa! It definitely helps doing this together! Mom, Dad, and Sis have even started changing what their eating!
Old 03-24-2010, 11:31 AM   #141
Raecheal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks Liesa! It definitely helps doing this together! Mom, Dad, and Sis have even started changing what their eating!
Yes, Tink, you both look thinner in your latest pictures! Dbf especially... Good for you both for eating healthier.
Old 03-24-2010, 12:24 PM   #142
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

How awesome that you're all living healthier lives. You guys look great! My DH has always liked to exercise, but it's been hard for him to fit in gym time. Well, lately he's been a total gym rat! His clothes are definately becoming too big for him. He already eats way healthier than I do, but I'm hoping some of his good habits will rub off on me. I'm a junk food junkie! We just bought a juicer the other day and Maddie is in love with the fresh apple juice.

Completed Trip Reports
A Sept 2013 Solo Trip to the World It's A Cat World After All A Sept 2012 TRCelebrations Galore & Free Dining Too! A Sept 2012 PTR
Take Small Children By The Hand...a Sept Trip Report "I Want To Go Back!!!...a Sept 2010 PTR
Heat,Headaches but So Much Fun! My June Birthday TR Wishes Do Come True!...a Birthday PTR A Surprise Fit for a Princess...PTR and TR
1984-1st trip, 1987-offsite, 1991-offsite, 1992-Contemporary (won that trip!), 1997-ASMu, 2002-offsite (DH's 1st trip),
2006-offsite (DD's 1st trip), Jan 2009-offsite, June 2009- Birthday trip at Pop,Sept 2010-Pop Century,Aug 2012-Boardwalk Inn,Sept 2012-POFQ (DS's 1st trip),Sept 2013-CR (Earmarked Conference), March 2014-DCL AEP on the Magic
Old 03-24-2010, 09:42 PM   #143
punkin413
feel the magic, dang it!

Quote:
When we got back on the road after getting gas, we ran into road construction for 42 miles!
ALWAYS construction south of macon.....so annoying!

Quote:
And then the angels sang as we saw this :

OMG....your fiance has lost so much weight! he looks great. you guys are so cute together.

yay....we're on our way to MK!!!!

very cool that you got a refurbished room.
Old 03-24-2010, 09:47 PM   #144
blabbermouth
DIS Veteran

Thought I better add: You already seemed to be in shape before. All this talk about your DF looking great, you do too, but you didn't look like you had anything to lose in the first place!
Old 03-24-2010, 09:54 PM   #145
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

yeah I have been off for a few weeks again. I am back again, I updated my pre tr last night and working on the new update now.

Farmville gets most of time. So sad
Old 03-24-2010, 09:56 PM   #146
tinkgurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raecheal View Post
Yes, Tink, you both look thinner in your latest pictures! Dbf especially... Good for you both for eating healthier.
Thanks girl!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancegrl624 View Post
How awesome that you're all living healthier lives. You guys look great! My DH has always liked to exercise, but it's been hard for him to fit in gym time. Well, lately he's been a total gym rat! His clothes are definately becoming too big for him. He already eats way healthier than I do, but I'm hoping some of his good habits will rub off on me. I'm a junk food junkie! We just bought a juicer the other day and Maddie is in love with the fresh apple juice.
It was definately hard giving up some of the foods I love..but I learned I can have them once in awhile in moderation instead of all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkin413 View Post
ALWAYS construction south of macon.....so annoying!

OMG....your fiance has lost so much weight! he looks great. you guys are so cute together.

yay....we're on our way to MK!!!!

very cool that you got a refurbished room.
I thought of you and Heather the whole time I was in Georgia.

Aw thanks Dawn. It was too bad you couldn't make it to the meet we had with MeMom and Jill.

It was so neat having one of the new rooms!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blabbermouth View Post
Thought I better add: You already seemed to be in shape before. All this talk about your DF looking great, you do too, but you didn't look like you had anything to lose in the first place!
Thanks so much. I completely agree with you. We were by no means in desperate need to lose the weight. Our goal wasn't to lose weight, but to get healthy again. We looked in shape, but we for sure didn't feel like it. I would feel out of breath after doing certain things that normally shouldn't make me. Now I feel better and I feel more energized. It was a great improvement in our lives.
Old 03-24-2010, 11:02 PM   #147
tinkgurl

Day 2 continued: March 14, 2010

We left off getting on the bus to the MK. Of course the MK was the first park we had to go to. Those of you who know me should know that by now! HA. As we got closer and closer to the MK, and we started seeing the Contemporary, and soon we were turning into the MK- the music came on and my stomach was full of butterflies. There was a little girl sitting next to me with her mom and she kept yelling, “Look! It’s the Castle!” I turned and smiled to her, and her mom said, “I’m sorry if she’s yelling in your ear.” I laughed and said to her, “Oh don’t worry! This is our first day here so I want to be yelling along with her.” She laughed as we got up to get off the bus.

The first thing we had to do once we got off the bus was find our stone on the Walk Around the World. Our stone is towards the bus stop, so we didn’t have to go far. I won’t be posting a picture of that for personal reasons. I took a picture of it on my cell phone and sent it to Mom since they weren’t there to enjoy the moment with us. I’m sure that made her a little sad not to be there too.

After sending her that, we made our way to a bag check line. It was such a beautiful day. The train was just pulling up, so it was exciting to hear that sound once again.

We quickly made our way through the bag check line (which I think is pointless since they hardly check them at all) and made it past the turnstiles. I was practically dancing at this point and Fiancé found it humerous. Once we made it past the train station, we could hear the ‘Move it, Shake it’ parade going on. I had to laugh and pointed out to Fiancé that when we were first getting to the MK in June, that parade was going on too!

It was making its way around Town Square:

Zoomed in:

As we made it down Main Street, we quickly noticed much of the refurbishing going on. The Plaza Restaurant was covered up and that corner had a little walkway that we had to pass through. The interesting thing about all the refurbishing though was the signs that they had up. Each sign had a different quote on it that Walt Disney himself was quoted on.

Here’s what we saw for the Plaza Restaurant refurb:

We made our way around the corner and headed towards Tomorrowland. Of course, I made Fiancé stop a moment so I could just take a moment to admire the Castle. The sky was just such a beautiful blue that day:

We cut through the Noodle Station, and once we made it to the other side, we saw more refurbs going on:

We turned the corner into Tomorrowland and headed towards Space Mountain-which was our 1st goal-either getting line to ride or getting fast passes. It was so great to see the TTA (still the People Mover to me!) going again. We missed out on riding this favorite of ours back in June.

As we walked back to Space Mountain, I just kept looking around, taking everything in. It was still so surreal to be back at the MK..after all the months of thinking, planning, and discussing on the DIS. It was also still weird for us not to have Mom, Dad, and Sis with us. With the wait time/fast pass time in view, we could see that there were still fast passes being distributed! YES!

Our first fast passes of the trip:

Since the return time wasn’t until 9:55-10:55, we were able to take the time to do lots of other things in the mean time. We could also get another fast pass after 5:15, so we were starting to think of where we wanted to get them at or if we wanted to get any. We decided to walk through Fantasyland and make our way to the Haunted Mansion.

As we made our way closer to Peter Pan, we saw more refurbs:

I have to admit, Tim (that’s nice), I thought of you when walking by IASW because you posted that live update pic of you, Mel, and Ana just a day or two before that.

We made it around the corner and into the HM line, which was a 35 minute wait:

The HM line now has you weaving down towards the Liberty Belle dock and back up. It was a neat surprise and definitely made the wait more interesting:

We really miss eating at Aunt Polly’s:

BTMRR:

Here you can see just where our line went:

We eventually made our way into the stretching room. They were packing us in like sardines this time! It was not fun at all. This also made the herding to get onto the ride that much worse. So, Fiancé and I just decided to hang back and let everyone else go in front of us before getting on. Of course, the ride was as good as I remembered it. It was great to see that the hidden Mickey is still there!

After we got out of the HM area, we decided to use some snack credits since we were getting hungry. We saw that where they used to do drawings in Liberty Square is now the Liberty Square Market. They sell snack items such as fruit, water, chips, etc. We both got the fruit bowls and headed over to the benches outside Adventureland/Liberty Square/Crystal Palace:

Our view of the Castle:

Our other view:

After we were done eating our snacks, we headed to PoTC, which was a 25 minute wait:

We felt lucky because we were given the thing to give the CM boarding people onto the ride to see if the wait time is correct. HA. This line always seems to move pretty fast for us. We always pick the left side to go in.

As you can see, there was a CM there making sure everyone was moving along:

Before we knew it, we were on our boat. I always think about saying something to “George”, the ghost supposedly haunting the ride, but I always end up chickening out. HA!

~Continued in next post~
Old 03-24-2010, 11:03 PM   #148
tinkgurl

~Continued from previous~

After we got off PoTC, we realized that we could get some more fast passes now! Since we were close, we decided to head to BTMRR and get some for there. The return time was 9:25-10:25, so that worked out good!

After getting those fast passes, we decided to hop on the train at the Frontierland station and get off at the Toontown station.

Waiting for everyone to board, I had to take a pic of the walk-on for Splash:

I then saw the sign that made me think of Dad and Sis. It says to keep your hands, arms, and legs inside the vehicle, but to us it looks like “No Dancing!” HA!:

Of course, I had to sing along with Pocohantas, and Fiancé was annoyed, but I didn’t care! We got off at Toontown and headed towards the Tomorrowland walkway. We love this walkway because there is hardly ever anyone else using it! Fiancé had to stop and admire the train before we could move on:

We’ll be riding this later!:

Once in Tomorrowland, we headed up to the TTA. It was interesting hearing the new spiel. It was pretty nice, but I do miss some of the old things like, “Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow. Your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring.” We were also amazed at how dark it is now in Space Mountain. It definitely got us excited to ride later!

We were getting hungry, so we decided to eat at Pinnochio’s for the night. First, we stopped and took some pics:

Then, we stopped on Main Street and took a photopass pic. You’ll have to wait to see how it turned out until the day we buy it!

~Up next:

The rest of our MK night, Fiancé makes a new friend, and another surprise!
Old 03-24-2010, 11:31 PM   #149
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

Awesome update!!!!!

I got a SHOUT OUT!!!!!!!!!

MK looks dead compared to how it looked the Monday before and the day after you were there!!!!

I love how they do the refurbs... they know how to keep them from looking too bad. Did you get any close up pics of the castle refurb?

Your BF.. ummm I mean fiance.. does look great! He did lose a lot of weight!! Good for you guys!!!
Old 03-24-2010, 11:57 PM   #150
xDisneyAngelx
"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, Your party from Saturn has arrived please give them a ring"

Was it really that crowded? And was that the line for HM? Jeeze how did you survive? lol I would die if I had to wait in those lines.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: