Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-20-2010, 05:50 PM   #16
disneyworldaddict
Mouseketeer

If you are a twenty something, travelling with your forty something parents... don't forget to give them the money you owe them for your portion of the trip that they charged on their Disney rewards card! Hint, hint, my DD lol.

disneyworldaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 11:49 AM   #17
evilqueenmindy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyworldaddict View Post
If you are a twenty something, travelling with your forty something parents... don't forget to give them the money you owe them for your portion of the trip that they charged on their Disney rewards card! Hint, hint, my DD lol.
But. . .that's at least three quarters of the Magic!!
evilqueenmindy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-21-2010, 07:11 PM   #18
fours
hooked on disney

pack aloe vera...suntan lotion...small first aid travel kit...stop your mail at home...if your driving oil change & rotate tires...go the bank for $$...water the plants at home...buy ponchos before you get there...go with the mindset of whats at home stays at home HAVE FUN

fours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 10:35 PM   #19
LockShockBarrel
Pudge controls the weather.

scarlet ibis- sounds like you speak from experience!!

I'm usually awake from noon the day before I leave to 10 pm the second night I'm there (excitement and clinical insomnia) so I have to find ways to eat up those nights. Last trip I looked up "hello, thank you, and good bye" in all the Epcot countries' languages, looked up the menus for one last time for all our ADRs, check the weather one last time, try to come up with goofy/stumping questions for the characters that can talk.
LockShockBarrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 05:17 AM   #20
DisneyDorkORama
Mouseketeer

Sorry if these are repeats..

Clean out the cabinets and fridge of foods that might expire while your gone ( trust me on this one! as I have learned my lesson! lol)

If you have a digital camera make sure the camera or batteries are well charged.

If you have pets make sure you have someone you can watch them, call and remind them of when they are suppose to go to your house to take care of them, what they need to do, where are the pet supplies, etc.

If you are taking your own car make sure you clean it out, put air in the tires, have the oil changed if needed, take it through the car wash, add wiper fluid, etc.

Make out a new packing list, re check your luggage, and cross out everything to make sure you have everything packed.

If you have someone who is going to come to your house, make sure you leave them a note of numbers where to reach you, emergency numbers, house rules, etc.

Disney trips are on hold until I can get a car!
DisneyDorkORama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 07:51 AM   #21
kimis
DIS Veteran

This is one of our best tips we have used over the years......A COUPLE OF MONTHS BEFORE YOU GO (EVEN IF YOU ARE IN SHAPE) START WALKING AROUND THE NEIGHBORHOOD!!!! It sure helps getting into that disney mode.
HAVE A GREAT TIME AND MAKE LOTS OF MEMORIES!!!
2007-DL Paradise Pier
2007-DL Candy cane Inn
2007-DL Portofino Inn
2006-POR 2005-POR 2005- DL Paradise Pier 1999-Dixie Landings (1st of many trips-I hope!) 1999- DL Holiday Inn and many more DL trips
kimis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 12:26 PM   #22
cjsteiger
Mouseketeer

This is an awesome topic. I hope you will get all the ideas together and post them.

My contribution... Break in your shoes!!! Do not go with brand new out of the box shoes you will regret it.

Me DH DD 15 DS 12

cjsteiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 07:02 AM   #23
perpetualplanner
DIS Veteran

All of the previous suggestions are great! Don't forget the week before you go to verify all of your reservations i.e. limo to airport (if you use one), and make sure you have other travel docs printed out!

That's all I can think of that hasn't been covered already (and mine may have I just can't remember them all)
perpetualplanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 12:28 PM   #24
3lilpiggies
Earning My Ears

I dont know if you are flying or driving. But if you are flying one of the things I tell my family is to wear flip flops or easy slip on slip off shoes for airport security. There is nothing worse than being at the airport and trying to get your shoes and socks on while people behind are ready to go, especially if you have kids.
3lilpiggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 08:03 PM   #25
leebee
DIS Veteran

Make sure your alarm clock is in your luggage, NOT your carry-on. It registers on the security scanner and then they pull you out of line and do the full luggage and full body scan

We have 2 cats and even though we have very reliable pet-sitters, we make sure that a bathroom door is propped open and the toilet lid is up, just in case something happens and the cats are not cared for. This is especially important in the summer. A corollary to this is to make sure room doors are either closed tightly or propped slightly (we usually put towels over the top of the door) to prevent a pet from accidentally being closed in a room (especially if the windows are open a crack) .

Make sure tickets are physically ON your person or IN your pocket before leaving home. I learned this the hard way, by leaving my purse (which I don't usually carry) in the taxi that took us to the airport. Didn't know I could run that fast (YES, I caught the cab!)

Unplug everything you can- TV's, computers, small appliances, etc. No sense wasting electricity when you are away.
leebee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 08:14 PM   #26
noahdove
DIS Veteran

Put extra camera batteries in your suitcase, extra memory card, gum, I write my ressie info each on their own card and that way, I only need to take one with me, for the cat lovers, excuse this next one, BUT I always put bleach in my toilet before I leave home....I also write down everything that is in my checked luggage in case it gets lost and I need to file a form for lost luggage..put that advil or tylenol in your carry on bag in the origianl container....if you take regular meds, be sure that you have a list in your wallet or whatever you will be carrying everyday. also, the name and phone number of your drug store, in case of Emergency. If I think of anything else, I will pop back here Also, I keep a list of who I am traveling with and where we are going along with an emergency number for someone to call if need be..
Old 03-25-2010, 09:43 PM   #27
LockShockBarrel
Pudge controls the weather.

Agree with last poster, if you have prescription medications keep a list of them and how much of each you take in your wallet or purse. I also have why I take each medication next to it on the list as an added precaution. I think this is a good idea for everyday life actually, in case something happened where you couldn't communicate to an EMT or Dr. My next Disney trip will be with a non family member, and while she knows a couple of my issues, she wouldn't know my meds or anything so I'll be giving her a copy of my list as well.
LockShockBarrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 08:41 AM   #28
Luvchefmic
DIS Veteran

1- Put your mail on hold until you get home same with newspaper delivery
2- arrange to have someone cut your lawn if you have one
Don't want to signal your absence
3-make sure you bring your cell phone charger, camcorder charger these things I always put in a side pocket of a bag the last minutes before walking out the door

a story of renewed hope & the power of the Dis:UPDATE 7/19http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3111056

Luvchefmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 01:11 PM   #29
Clubhouse5
Earning My Ears

Great thread! Thanks for the ideas. I REALLY need to get out and start walking!
Clubhouse5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 07:26 PM   #30
BDJazz
Mouseketeer

If you wear contact lenses, make sure to have an extra set ordered before the trip. If you lose the contacts at the park or waterpark without a backup pair it could get miserable!

BDJazz is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: