Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-20-2013, 07:59 PM   #1126
PrincessSarah314
Mouseketeer

Krr?

I haven't been on Kali in close to 10 years. I'm a 26/28, mostly butt/hips/thighs but some belly too. Will I have issues fitting? Also, my BF will be with me and wears a 38 pants, will we be able to ride together?

TIA!
Old 05-20-2013, 10:46 PM   #1127
Mickey'sApprentice
Shamelessly demand, it works better
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessSarah314 View Post
I haven't been on Kali in close to 10 years. I'm a 26/28, mostly butt/hips/thighs but some belly too. Will I have issues fitting? Also, my BF will be with me and wears a 38 pants, will we be able to ride together?

TIA!
You may have to ride it by yourself. Its really according to your companion. Hubby wears a 2X...they separate us into different seats.

I rode with my sister who is more of a XL and we rode together in the same pair of seats.

Edit: I'm also a 26/28 and it is all somewhere in my torso and hips. I have the skinniest legs.
Apr '92 Off Property (Honeymoon): Dec '94, Feb '02 CR: Jan '05 WL/POR: Nov '06, Jan '09 HHI: Apr '07: First Trip "Home" to BWV: Jan '08: BWV, Mar '09: POR/BWV: Jan. '10 POR/AKV (Jambo), July '10: POFQ/BCV: Dec '10 AKV (Kidani)/POR:Sep. '11 POR/BWV, Jan '12: POP, Apr '12: POR/BWV, Jan '13: Conference/WL, Jul "13:POR. Dec '13: DOL/BLT 40th B-day Trip Report

Last edited by Mickey'sApprentice; 05-20-2013 at 11:28 PM.
Mickey'sApprentice is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-21-2013, 12:01 AM   #1128
PrincessSarah314
Mouseketeer

But if I ride alone I will fit? I don't mind riding alone as long as I fit in the seat and can buckle the belt!
Old 05-21-2013, 12:41 AM   #1129
KristenRB
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2twocuties View Post
I am leaving for Disney on Wednesday woo-hoo! Our first trip ever! I am pooh sized and nervous about the rides. So someone please tell me if there are any I should avoid. I am about 5 foot 6 230 pounds. I wear a size 20 pants and 22-24 tops. So most of my weight is around the belly area. I am interested in the little kid rides too like the tea cups, dumbo, flying carpets etc I have two small children that will want me to go on stuff with them. As well as the grown up rides and anything in the middle lol. Thank you so much :-)
I just came back from my trip last week and I am 5'3 and wear a 26/28, no problems whatsoever on any of the rides! Have fun and don't even begin to worry about that, dear! You will definitely fit into anything you choose to ride.
September 29-October 5 2014

Me DBF
KristenRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 11:00 AM   #1130
Mickey'sApprentice
Shamelessly demand, it works better
DIS Veteran

Quote:
But if I ride alone I will fit? I don't mind riding alone as long as I fit in the seat and can buckle the belt!
Absolutely!

Apr '92 Off Property (Honeymoon): Dec '94, Feb '02 CR: Jan '05 WL/POR: Nov '06, Jan '09 HHI: Apr '07: First Trip "Home" to BWV: Jan '08: BWV, Mar '09: POR/BWV: Jan. '10 POR/AKV (Jambo), July '10: POFQ/BCV: Dec '10 AKV (Kidani)/POR:Sep. '11 POR/BWV, Jan '12: POP, Apr '12: POR/BWV, Jan '13: Conference/WL, Jul "13:POR. Dec '13: DOL/BLT 40th B-day Trip Report

Mickey'sApprentice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 10:02 AM   #1131
PrincessSarah314
Mouseketeer

So is there anything I should avoid? I'm betting Space Mountain is a no-go since I don't have strong legs and I've heard you need to get out pretty quickly. We're doing all 4 parks.

It's funny, I normally just go and ride a few things. This year we are going with another couple (no kids woohoo!) and know that I will be riding stuff I haven't been on in 10 years so I'm not sure how I fit!
Old 05-23-2013, 01:01 AM   #1132
KristenRB
Mouseketeer

Quote:
So is there anything I should avoid? I'm betting Space Mountain is a no-go since I don't have strong legs and I've heard you need to get out pretty quickly. We're doing all 4 parks.

It's funny, I normally just go and ride a few things. This year we are going with another couple (no kids woohoo!) and know that I will be riding stuff I haven't been on in 10 years so I'm not sure how I fit!
I rode Space Mountain and fit quite easily. However, since I'm fuller in the hips and "bottom" I sit a little higher and felt like I could flying out and every little jerk in the ride! Haha while this might be exciting for some, it left me a little wobbly when I got off :/ as far as getting out quickly, I didn't notice having to jump out or anything.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Me DBF
Old 05-24-2013, 01:34 PM   #1133
LapuLapu
Earning My Ears

Welcome Back!

Welcome back from your recent trip, KristenRB!

We'll be doing WL & MNSSHP in September, too, but a little before your trip

Would you mind listing the rides you went on? I'm probably not alone in having some specific ride questions for someone who has just been there.

Like some others, I've been wondering if the new-ish lap bars on Splash Mountain pull down and need to lock in place. I'm also wondering about the seat belts on Dumbo and the Magic Carpets. Are they one strap per person, or one long strap per Dumbo/row in carpet?

Thanks for any info you can offer!
LapuLapu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 02:33 PM   #1134
tngal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LapuLapu View Post

Would you mind listing the rides you went on? I'm probably not alone in having some specific ride questions for someone who has just been there.

Like some others, I've been wondering if the new-ish lap bars on Splash Mountain pull down and need to lock in place. I'm also wondering about the seat belts on Dumbo and the Magic Carpets. Are they one strap per person, or one long strap per Dumbo/row in carpet?

I know im not the person you were responding to, but thought i'd add my info in case it might help you. I am a size 26/28 all hips, belly. my daughter and I rode splash mtn together, she is around a size 18/20 and the lap bar did lock a little but we still had room to pull it in ( if that makes sense) when she saw the drop off the bar suddenly got tighter and rammed in my gut lol. but otherwise no issues there. We also rode the magic carpet and it was one belt for 2 riders and we had no issue getting it to click. here are the rides we rode in each park:

Epcot: Test track - I was a little cramped in this one, mainly because im 5'10 and long legged!

animal kingdom-kali river rapids -no issues

magic kingdom- splash mtn ( see above)
magic carpets (see above)
haunted mansion- no problems
little mermaid- no issues

Hollywood studios- star tours -no issues
tngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 02:04 PM   #1135
Lorettainny
Mouseketeer

Thank you for the updated information.
Lorettainny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 04:15 PM   #1136
thrillridejunkie
Mouseketeer

New to the boards and just found this thread. So glad I did. I'm Pooh sized and was a little worried about whether I would be able to fit on some of the rides. It was great to be able to get all this cool information.
Old 06-08-2013, 02:14 PM   #1137
atwmommy
Mouseketeer

Thank you for this thread! I can now plan to ride with my kids like I want without fear if embarrassment. Thank you, thank you!!!!
atwmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 06:37 PM   #1138
KristenRB
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tngal View Post

I know im not the person you were responding to, but thought i'd add my info in case it might help you. I am a size 26/28 all hips, belly. my daughter and I rode splash mtn together, she is around a size 18/20 and the lap bar did lock a little but we still had room to pull it in ( if that makes sense) when she saw the drop off the bar suddenly got tighter and rammed in my gut lol. but otherwise no issues there. We also rode the magic carpet and it was one belt for 2 riders and we had no issue getting it to click. here are the rides we rode in each park:

Epcot: Test track - I was a little cramped in this one, mainly because im 5'10 and long legged!

animal kingdom-kali river rapids -no issues

magic kingdom- splash mtn ( see above)
magic carpets (see above)
haunted mansion- no problems
little mermaid- no issues

Hollywood studios- star tours -no issues
Hey! Sorry for just now posting back.

I went on everything without a problem, except for one. lol

DHS
Rockin Rollercoster
Tower Of Terror
Star Tours (this was a little difficult for me.the seats are small and the seatbelt is a little harder to get to to fasten. Embarrassing, but still managed to fit)

MK
Haunted Mansion
Splash Mountain
Big Thunder Railroad
Space Mountain
Pirates of the Carribbean

Epcot
Mission Space
Spaceship Earth
Test Track
Maelstrom

I'm only 5'3 and wear a 26/28. So if I can fit, anyone can. I had so much fun and I hope this helps anyone that will be worried.

Me DBF
Old 06-11-2013, 07:10 PM   #1139
KristenRB
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LapuLapu View Post

Hey! Sorry for just now posting back.

I went on everything without a problem, except for one. lol

DHS
Rockin Rollercoster
Tower Of Terror
Star Tours (this was a little difficult for me.the seats are small and the seatbelt is a little harder to get to to fasten. Embarrassing, but still managed to fit)

MK
Haunted Mansion
Splash Mountain
Big Thunder Railroad
Space Mountain
Pirates of the Carribbean

Epcot
Mission Space
Spaceship Earth
Test Track
Maelstrom

I'm only 5'3 and wear a 26/28. So if I can fit, anyone can. I had so much fun and I hope this helps anyone that will be worried.

Me DBF
Old 06-12-2013, 11:07 AM   #1140
Cptnkirky
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey'sApprentice View Post
DH and I prefer to sit together, especially on roller coasters. Its hard to explain but we don't get tossed around. I had a CM offer to let us sit together on Dumbo. We said...umm...no. He said...really...it won't be a problem and explained that he often has larger people ride Dumbo together. I asked him how many people he could fit into a telephone booth.
I couldn't believe it until we tried it, but my DH and I, plus our 5 month old, were able to get into a dumbo car together just recently! I said we were going to try and if it didn't work then we would switch out and ride 2 times.
I am 5'1'' and wear a 24/26 (all ever, esp. stomach, hips and butt) and my DH is 5'10'' and wears a 46 (all belly). It was VERY tight, but still had fun and got to go on all together as a family.
I have gotten to the point that I just try it out now, instead of stressing too much. Believe me, it took years for me to get to that point. Most of the time, there have been no issues... except those stinkin old turnstiles!

Cast Member 2003-2009
BCV May 2014
AoA/DCLF Oct 2013
ASM/SSR June 2012
PQRS Aug 2011
VWL May 2010
SSR Sept 2009
POR June 2009
AKL May 2009
SSR Aug 2008
VBR March 2008
CSR Feb 2007
and many more.... CBR, POFQ, etc, etc, etc...

Last edited by Cptnkirky; 06-12-2013 at 11:18 AM.
Cptnkirky is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: