Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2013, 09:23 PM   #1096
mrsksomeday
My Prince uses a power wheelchair!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LapuLapu View Post
Thanks for the laugh, mrsksomeday!

I have no issue asking to get in another way, it's just been so long since I've been on Country Bear Jamboree, the WDW Railroad, or the Riverboat I can't even recall the setup and what they have as an alternate. I vaguely recall Country Bears having an alternate entrance for folks using wheelchairs, but I can't picture a turnstile-free entrance other than that.

Next September we're going with little ones for the first time in a long time, so CBJ will be on the to do list. I guess I'll figure it out firsthand
Country Bears does have an alternative entrance for wheelchairs, my boyfriend has Cerebral Palsy and uses a power wheelchair, so I know all the wheelchair entrances .
mrsksomeday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 12:17 AM   #1097
Chuckers
Missing my day trips to Disneyland :(

Quote:
Thanks for the laugh, mrsksomeday!

I have no issue asking to get in another way, it's just been so long since I've been on Country Bear Jamboree, the WDW Railroad, or the Riverboat I can't even recall the setup and what they have as an alternate. I vaguely recall Country Bears having an alternate entrance for folks using wheelchairs, but I can't picture a turnstile-free entrance other than that.

Next September we're going with little ones for the first time in a long time, so CBJ will be on the to do list. I guess I'll figure it out firsthand
There is definitely an alternative entry for the railroad. My sister used it because the turnstiles there were smaller than others. They have to have a way to let wheelchairs and scooters through, so you will have an entrance to every ride/attraction. When we went, my sister couldn't get through the turnstiles at HM and we ended up going through the alternate entrance at the exit. (It's sort of a backstage passage)
Register to remove

Old 05-01-2013, 09:28 AM   #1098
VroomVroomLightning
DIS Veteran

I may be visiting Disney World this summer at the end of June! Yippee! I will be doing a lot of walking though since it is for business. Does anyone have any recommendations for comfortable business casual shoes? I have comfortable gym shoes, but kind of doubt that would go with my business casual attire! Any ideas? I already plan on skirts with biking shorts underneath to help with chafing, but was wondering about shoes! Thanks!
Old 05-01-2013, 09:47 AM   #1099
arianrose
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by VroomVroomLightning View Post
I may be visiting Disney World this summer at the end of June! Yippee! I will be doing a lot of walking though since it is for business. Does anyone have any recommendations for comfortable business casual shoes? I have comfortable gym shoes, but kind of doubt that would go with my business casual attire! Any ideas? I already plan on skirts with biking shorts underneath to help with chafing, but was wondering about shoes! Thanks!
"Comfortable" is hard to quantify, but in terms of arch support and avoiding fatigue, I love my shoes by Dansko. They can be pricey (~ $100) but they hold up really well.

They're actually really great particularly for those with PF, and several nurses I know swear by them.

arianrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 11:33 AM   #1100
VroomVroomLightning
DIS Veteran

I just know a lot of shoes aren't meant for Pooh sized people. I just need a shoe that is casual, not big and clunky, and not break down after a few hours of wear.
Old 05-01-2013, 12:06 PM   #1101
arianrose
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by VroomVroomLightning View Post
I just know a lot of shoes aren't meant for Pooh sized people. I just need a shoe that is casual, not big and clunky, and not break down after a few hours of wear.
I'm about 5'6", and 230# (size 18/20), if that helps you compare. I wear mostly the Dansko sandals, but that's because I have a casual dress code where I work. (And my casual shoes are all Timberland.)

arianrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 02:03 PM   #1102
Jenngoofys
Goofyjenn

Pooh Size and Universal Rides??

I am considering a trip to Universal with my family, I went to Sea World Last year and I was not able to fit on the Manta. I barely fit on the Kraken, but managed. I was wondering what others experiences were. I am 5'6" and 310lbs. Thank you.

Jenngoofys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 07:43 PM   #1103
Mickey'sApprentice
Shamelessly demand, it works better
DIS Veteran

I love the Aravon dress casual shoes that I bought from Joes New Balance Outlet.

Aravon is the New Balance dress shoe brand. I bought a $150 pair of shoes online from Joe's for $25. They are fantastic shoes. A shoe repair guy I know said that the soles on my Aravons were worth more than what I paid. My podiatrist recommends New Balance and Aravons.
Apr '92 Off Property (Honeymoon): Dec '94, Feb '02 CR: Jan '05 WL/POR: Nov '06, Jan '09 HHI: Apr '07: First Trip "Home" to BWV: Jan '08: BWV, Mar '09: POR/BWV: Jan. '10 POR/AKV (Jambo), July '10: POFQ/BCV: Dec '10 AKV (Kidani)/POR:Sep. '11 POR/BWV, Jan '12: POP, Apr '12: POR/BWV, Jan '13: Conference/WL, Jul "13:POR. Dec '13: DOL/BLT, Jul '14: BWV 40th B-day Trip Report

Mickey'sApprentice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 08:15 PM   #1104
LapuLapu
Earning My Ears

Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckers View Post
There is definitely an alternative entry for the railroad. My sister used it because the turnstiles there were smaller than others. They have to have a way to let wheelchairs and scooters through, so you will have an entrance to every ride/attraction. When we went, my sister couldn't get through the turnstiles at HM and we ended up going through the alternate entrance at the exit. (It's sort of a backstage passage)
Thank you for the info, Chuckers!

Thankfully the turnstile has been removed at Haunted Mansion! I know that made a lot of people happy

Do you recall when your sister road the railroad?

I noticed your ticker - have a fantastic trip!
LapuLapu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 09:49 PM   #1105
Chuckers
Missing my day trips to Disneyland :(

Quote:
Thank you for the info, Chuckers!

Thankfully the turnstile has been removed at Haunted Mansion! I know that made a lot of people happy

Do you recall when your sister road the railroad?

I noticed your ticker - have a fantastic trip!
This was about 3 years ago.. but I just went up to the CM at the turnstile and he said to just come up the exit which was also the wheel chair entrance.
Old 05-02-2013, 06:03 AM   #1106
ZoeisMommy
ºoº Earning My Ears

Ordered the Cleo LeSportsac bag as a mother's day gift. Measured the strap before ordering and it came in yesterday I don't think it is going to be long enough. Anyone out there that's pooh sized and carries the Cleo bag?
Old 05-08-2013, 10:14 AM   #1107
jroof13
Earning My Ears

Can 2 somewhat pooh sized adults and 1 small 4 year old fit in one row on splash mountain? Last time I was at MK SM had a bench seat, now the seats look different, just was wondering if all 3 of us could fit into 1 row. Thanks!
jroof13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 10:52 AM   #1108
baloo's girl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jroof13 View Post
Can 2 somewhat pooh sized adults and 1 small 4 year old fit in one row on splash mountain? Last time I was at MK SM had a bench seat, now the seats look different, just was wondering if all 3 of us could fit into 1 row. Thanks!
I don't think so. There's not a lot of room, plus a lap bar to contend with. In the past, my daughter would ride with me and my husband would sit by himself in the row behind us. Then, we'd ride again, with me alone and my husband with my daughter.

baloo's girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 10:57 AM   #1109
awfullybigadventure
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jroof13 View Post
I doubt it. I am fairly Pooh sized but my husband isn't at all. We rode Splash Mountain twice together last week and we wouldn't have fit a small child between us. One of you could ride in front of/behind the other though.
Old 05-08-2013, 11:09 AM   #1110
Caseheidi
DIS Veteran

DH and I are both pooh sized, and we don't even like to share a seat together. We have been asking for seats alone but next to each other for years. It is just so much more comfortable and easier to get in and out.

DLR - Aug 1980, Aug 1985, May 1988, April 2002, Dec 2002, Dec 2004, Oct 2012

WDW - July/Aug 2001 (Honeymoon!), Oct 2004, Sept 2005, May 2006, Dec 2007, Dec 2008, Oct 2011
Caseheidi is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: