Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-31-2013, 10:17 AM   #1051
ppony
Artist in residence

Quote:
Originally Posted by shdavis238 View Post
Hey everyone. Thanks for all of your tips. We are going on our first Disney trip in late August and I can't wait. I have a question. Do any,of you know where to find plus size Disney clothes? All of the ones on the Dianey store only go up to a Xxl. I need a 3x or 4x. Thanks!
WDW will have larger sizes, though on our last trip (last Oct.) I hardly found anything over 2X. I buy3X when I can. In previous trips I've found more 3X. Those sizes well out so quickly. You'd think they'd stock more. I've rarely found anything above XXL in Disney Stores in malls. As was said Disney Store online has larger sizes often, but buy them when you see them because they sell out fast too. In fact, if it's one thing I've learned w/ Disney merch., it's if you see something you like and might want, BUY IT then. You have a high probability of it not being around later.

ppony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 02:14 PM   #1052
chilepeppr4
Earning My Ears

Any very plus size tips on rides???? I'm a 26/28
chilepeppr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-13-2013, 09:19 PM   #1053
JustMeFran
Mouseketeer

Have fun...don't worry, you'll fit =)
I'm 24/26 and went on everything during my last trip! Ok, not mission space, but everything else. Was a tight squeeze for 2 pooh size and a 6 year old on Nemo together, but we did it =)

JustMeFran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 09:58 PM   #1054
ToddyLu
Welcome aboard explorers- I love Mr. Ray

I have been able to find a couple of 3x women's sized shirts on Disneystore.com lately and for a good price like $12.00 or so. I really want DH and his brother to be able to buy POTC shirts. BIL bought the polo shirts last year in 3x. What they really want are t-shirts though. We will see in Nov. But hey, I know the Disney Vera bag will fit me just fine.
first trip ASMo 2002, ASMo 2003, ASMo 2004 twice, ASMo 2005, POFQ 2006, Pop 2007, Pop 12/2008 with DDP, AKV SV 10/09 with DDP, AKV SV 12/10, AKV 5/11, AKV SV 10/11, AKV 5/12, AKV 10/12, AKV 11/13, AKV 5/14, AKV 10/14
My DH loves me for my points!!
ToddyLu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 11:50 PM   #1055
DisNikki
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisNikki View Post
Just back! Thanks for all the reassurances I let my guard down and just had fun and it was great. I fit comfortably on all the rides we went on except one...Astro Orbiter. Yes, I know, some others have already pointed this out but it was day 4 and everything had been going so well that I really just didn't think about it until I sank down into that awful container. LOL It sucked getting out but I did it Unlady-like and as far from graceful as you get but it was not the end of the world! Even as a child I was too scared to go on Splash Mountain but I did it this time - TWICE! It was AWESOME! I also did Big Thunder Mountain Railroad twice! Again, awesome! I had to have my husband help me fasten the seatbelt on Test Track - it was just at an odd angle or something that I couldn't quickly figure out so he helped. It had nothing to do with belt length though - there was plenty of extra.

Absolutely no problems on anything else. I didn't attempt several that you might be curious about - Space Mountain (4 year old didn't want to try it so I volunteered to stay with him), Rockin Roller Coaster and Tower of Terror (our whole family skipped these, we were so focused on Toy Story Mania!). I had no trouble with any turnstiles, but I'm tall at 5'9" so I probably walked on my tiptoes through a couple. Honestly the worst part of the trip was the 757 plane on the way home. We ALL felt like sardines!

So, THANK YOU for all the reassurances. For those of you worried about it, I completely understand and hope that you too can just let go and have a blast. Disney rocks!
I posted this two years ago.

So...why am I stressing now?!? I'm the same size now that I was then, if not a size smaller. But we're 40 days away from the next trip and I'm worried about the plane and the ride seats...particularly the rides that I didn't attempt last time that I'd like to try this time (Kali, maybe even EE). I'm obsessing over it! Any reassuring words out there? Even my own reassuring words aren't working

- Several trips as a child (off-site, Poly twice)
- 3/26-4/3/11 with FIL, BIL and his family - a total of 9 people! Stayed off-site at Orange Lake North Village
- Planning a trip for 5/24-6/3/2013, staying at CSR

DisNikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 11:56 PM   #1056
Chuckers
Missing my day trips to Disneyland :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisNikki View Post
I posted this two years ago.

So...why am I stressing now?!? I'm the same size now that I was then, if not a size smaller. But we're 40 days away from the next trip and I'm worried about the plane and the ride seats...particularly the rides that I didn't attempt last time that I'd like to try this time (Kali, maybe even EE). I'm obsessing over it! Any reassuring words out there? Even my own reassuring words aren't working

EE has the roomiest seats on any roller coaster I have been on. I was amazed. I don't think you'll have any problem on it.
Old 04-14-2013, 01:50 AM   #1057
latheria
Earning My Ears

I am 5'8'' and 330 lbs. I wear a size 56 (28 US I think) however when seated my waist is smaller than the spare tires underneath. I have measured sitting down and at my widest am almost 66 inches.

Which rides should I not even attempt or should I say are there any rides that I can attempt.

I realize there will be test seats but don't see myself trying them in front of a staring crowd.

In my dreams I was hoping to go on the carrousel with my daughter, small world, Toy Story, Kali Rapids, TestTrack, It's a small World, Monsters Inc, Peter Pans Flight, Soarin, Fantasmic....
latheria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 08:41 AM   #1058
spartankid34
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by latheria
I am 5'8'' and 330 lbs. I wear a size 56 (28 US I think) however when seated my waist is smaller than the spare tires underneath. I have measured sitting down and at my widest am almost 66 inches.

Which rides should I not even attempt or should I say are there any rides that I can attempt.

I realize there will be test seats but don't see myself trying them in front of a staring crowd.

In my dreams I was hoping to go on the carrousel with my daughter, small world, Toy Story, Kali Rapids, TestTrack, It's a small World, Monsters Inc, Peter Pans Flight, Soarin, Fantasmic....
At my heaviest I was 345lbs. 5'7" US size 28/30. We sound very similar in size, compared to what I was back then. That was our last trip back in August 2011. I fit on everything, with room to spare. Seat belts had lots of extra length, seats were a lot wider than I thought. The theater style seats were the worst, but I was able to sit down albeit a little snug. I did not attempt astro orbiter, but rode EVERYTHING else! Please, down stress about this on your trip, I was so nervous before going that It nearly ruined the experience for me! A couple tips that worked wonders for me...Body Glide (an anti chafing deodorant style gel will be your best friend), pull the seatbelts all the way out before even sitting, and smile, enjoy WDW! specifically, all the rides you said above, "carrousel, small world, Toy Story, Kali Rapids, TestTrack, It's a small World, Monsters Inc, Peter Pans Flight, Soarin". I fit on EASILY.

Past Trips: College Graduation Trip August 2011!!! [POP Century] August 1997 [AllStar Sports]

1st PTR August 2011 - Hey you're a college graduate, let's celebrate!!

Me Mom
spartankid34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 02:45 PM   #1059
palofeeyore
Earning My Ears

Regarding the seatbelt extender for the plane, do you remove it and hand it back in at the end of the flight or do you just leave it attached to the seatbelt?
palofeeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 02:46 PM   #1060
Chuckers
Missing my day trips to Disneyland :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by palofeeyore View Post
Regarding the seatbelt extender for the plane, do you remove it and hand it back in at the end of the flight or do you just leave it attached to the seatbelt?
I've always given mine back.
Old 04-17-2013, 02:47 PM   #1061
ppony
Artist in residence

Quote:
Originally Posted by palofeeyore View Post
I've done both. I'm sure they appreciate it being handed back in.... but, sometimes the hands are full as it is...or I don't relish drawing attention to my size, yet again.

ppony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 02:59 PM   #1062
IowaTater
Mouseketeer

I bought my own online, just to save myself the embarrassment of asking for one.

I can't remember the exact website I purchased it from but it wasn't that expensive.

Pasta & Potatoes Conquer Orlando - October 2-10, 2013

First trip: 1995 - stayed off property
2nd trip (3rd anniversary): October 2-10, 2013 - ASMu

No countdown
IowaTater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 11:20 AM   #1063
palofeeyore
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the info! I'm not 100% sure that I'll need the extender, but I think I will ask for one, just in case. Even if I can get the regular seatbelt to latch, I will probably be more comfortable with the extender.
Old 04-18-2013, 02:16 PM   #1064
MHSweb79
DIS Veteran

I believe the test seats are out of the way, so you'll have privacy.

Disney does a MUCH better job accommodating guests of all sizes than other theme parks.
MHSweb79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 03:21 PM   #1065
qtmissy19
Earning My Ears

So I am 330ish and 5'8 wearing a size 22/24. My hips and butt are where I carry the most of it. My issue isn't with the rides at Disney, it is with the airplane. It will be me (window) son (middle) and hubby (aisle). Our choices of airplane carriers are either American or United. I have flown before wearing a size bigger but at a smaller weight (believe it or not, it was right after I gave birth to my son) and I fit in the seat and fit the seatbelt, but that was like 10 years ago. I am freaked out that I would have to pay for an extra seat. I know the rules. I guess I am just looking for experiences from others that have been on an airplane lately. Did you fit? Did you have to pay for an extra seat. Also my hubby is a bigger guy, but he has no butt or hips. He does have wide shoulders and a bigger belly. He is like a 4xl in shirts, but pants his pants are a size 46. Any insight about your experience when flying would be great.

Thank you

Me (30) DH (37) DS (10)
qtmissy19 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: