Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-31-2012, 01:59 PM   #886
lylone
All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney212 View Post
I saw several folks on Airtran bigger than you and they were fine. I am an 18/20 and had lots of extra belt left. You should be fine. I assume you fly out of DAY too!

PS I love the cats too! I am right across the river from you in Ft. Wright KY!

I second that.. I am a 20/22 and usually have some room to spare on the seatbelt on Airtran flights. I would try and sit in the rows with 2 seats across, sitting in the middle seat is a little cramped. Now, business class seats are excellent! I do suggest trying to upgrade for $49 to business class when you check in for your flight!

I also bought a Pacsafe SlingSafe™ 75 GII Anti-Theft Sling Purse & Hip Pouch from Zappos.com and it fits around my neck and around my waist with plenty left over. Makes a great waist pack or tiny purse...
lylone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 03:18 PM   #887
disneegrl4eva
now we just need a secret handshake or sign...
...because I'm special like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by atwinhusen View Post
What is working for you? Please share, because I would love to be as successful as you...not skinny just would love to be a 1X again...
please understand that I am not saying this to be mean but I have spent a lot of time throughout this year writing out what it is I have been doing for people who are curious such as yourself and frankly it has been a bust everytime...it takes awhile to write it all down and if a person just dismisses it or starts and doesnt see it through then I can get kind of irritated...so instead, here is the link for it and it explains the whole process...once you have read it I would be more than happy if you are still interested to answer any questions or concerns that you have...

http://hcgdietinfo.com/HCG-Weight-Loss-FAQ.htm

I follow Dr. Simeon's diet so when you get down to where there are links for the different ones then choose his...also, be aware that this is a temporary thing...it goes in rounds and each round the diet shown on here is for a max of 40 days and min. of 23...then you move on to other foods so its not a permanent thing...oh and on this link it mainly talks about the shots...they also have drops and pellets if you dont want the shots and those do NOT need a perscription...if you decide to do it I will let you know where you can purchase it...its not cheap anymore like it used to be but it works so who cares!!
Register to remove

Old 08-01-2012, 04:13 PM   #888
freebird299
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitinkerbell View Post
Hi. I was wondering if any pooh sized people had any trouble with the seats at cirque du soleil?
My daughter and I are both Pooh-sized. When we attended Cirque du Soleil a few years ago, I asked for aisle seats due to our size. They were very understanding and actually put us in the section that was reserved for handicapped accessible seating since it was not being used. We sat very comfortably on individual chairs and thoroughly enjoyed the show.
freebird299 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 06:45 PM   #889
chellt
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneegrl4eva View Post
wow..totally not trying to be mean here but they had to have been VERY large because even people who wear 3X can ride that one...
I couldn't ride Kali. I am a 3X/28 and had no problems riding anything else. Got through all turnstyles fine. But I had to get off of Kali because the seatbelt wouldnt buckle.

Me (35) DN (8) DN (5)

This thing that we do, then, is not only an act of law for equality in education, but an act of LOVE for those extraordinary children wishing only to live ordinary lives.
chellt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 07:16 PM   #890
spartankid34
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chellt

I couldn't ride Kali. I am a 3X/28 and had no problems riding anything else. Got through all turnstyles fine. But I had to get off of Kali because the seatbelt wouldnt buckle.
If you don't mind me asking...was this when the seatbelt was for both people or when it was for a single person??

Past Trips: College Graduation Trip August 2011!!! [POP Century] August 1997 [AllStar Sports]

1st PTR August 2011 - Hey you're a college graduate, let's celebrate!!

Me Mom
spartankid34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 10:01 PM   #891
chellt
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spartankid34 View Post
If you don't mind me asking...was this when the seatbelt was for both people or when it was for a single person??
both seatbelts

Me (35) DN (8) DN (5)

This thing that we do, then, is not only an act of law for equality in education, but an act of LOVE for those extraordinary children wishing only to live ordinary lives.
chellt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 07:35 PM   #892
alicia080979
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chellt View Post
both seatbelts
Next time you ride, you can ask to sit by yourself and the seatbelt should work. The seats & seatbelt are typically for 2 people. They wanted to put DH & I next to each other...no way that working! We basically said we want our own section and they let us and it fit fine. Hopefully that helps someone else. That or put a really small child next to you. That's kinda how it works on Primevil Whirl too. I always say we only want 2 people total in the car and they let us.

June 2014-POFQ Quick 4 night trip for SWW then off to the beach!

September 2014-Split Stay. 4 nights FD AKL, 10 nights BCV for F&W

Me DH DD (infant) DS (teen) Ellie :
alicia080979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 01:57 AM   #893
johnnchristi99
Earning My Ears

I rode Kali in May of this year. There were two separate belts and it almost didn't fit. I am more of a 4x-5x though. What I did was buckle the belt while I was semi-standing, under my belly, then kinda sat down into it.

Hope that helps!
Old 08-06-2012, 03:30 AM   #894
kiwitinkerbell
kiwigirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebird299 View Post
My daughter and I are both Pooh-sized. When we attended Cirque du Soleil a few years ago, I asked for aisle seats due to our size. They were very understanding and actually put us in the section that was reserved for handicapped accessible seating since it was not being used. We sat very comfortably on individual chairs and thoroughly enjoyed the show.
Thanks!

July 86 - DL, May 96 - DL, Jan 07 - Pop WDW,
Dec 2008 - Pop Century & AKL , Jan 09 - Pop WDW
Sept 2010 - DL
kiwitinkerbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 07:45 AM   #895
lylone
All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them

A great place on line for swimsuits is www.Swimsuitsforall.com. They have longitude suits that I love....
lylone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 01:03 PM   #896
StacyMarie
DIS Veteran

I'm hoping somebody on this thread has used Luvees panty coveralls. I'm concerned about the length of these as I am quite short. Does anybody out there have these and can you tell me how true to size they are and how long they are in the thigh area. I like the looks of the longer ones (brown and pink) but I'm concerned about the length and of course I can't find anything on their website that has to do with a size chart. Thanks for any info!!!!

Stacy Jay Natalee Sydnee
Disney's Pop Century August 2012 August 2011 Pop Century Disney's Polynesian August 2010 Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort August 2009 Grand Floridian - October 1997
StacyMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 01:44 PM   #897
grumpy&princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by StacyMarie View Post
I'm hoping somebody on this thread has used Luvees panty coveralls. I'm concerned about the length of these as I am quite short. Does anybody out there have these and can you tell me how true to size they are and how long they are in the thigh area. I like the looks of the longer ones (brown and pink) but I'm concerned about the length and of course I can't find anything on their website that has to do with a size chart. Thanks for any info!!!!
I have never used them before but they look really nice. hope someone has some info on them like do they work to keep chaffing away.
Old 08-09-2012, 03:41 PM   #898
StacyMarie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpy&princess View Post
I have never used them before but they look really nice. hope someone has some info on them like do they work to keep chaffing away.
I've ready some excellent reviews and even some DISers have used them. I just need info on size/length. I would like to order a couple pair to wear under my sundresses for our upcoming trip in 2 weeks. Hopefully, somebody can share the info with me.

Stacy Jay Natalee Sydnee
Disney's Pop Century August 2012 August 2011 Pop Century Disney's Polynesian August 2010 Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort August 2009 Grand Floridian - October 1997
StacyMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 04:34 PM   #899
scooby9932
I Loves Me Some Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StacyMarie View Post
I've sent you a PM with details. Hope it helps!

Cast of Characters: Me (44), DH (Disboard Name toklotursa)(50), DD (25), DGD (born 10/9/13) and our fur babies, Rufus (shih tzu) & Jasper (yorkie) & Hudson (moose sized mutt)

1971, 1978, 1983, 1987, 1989 DD's 1st Trip, 1997, 2000, 2002, 2007 POR-DD's Senior Trip, 2008 POR, 2009 POLY, May 2010 POR, May 2011 POLY, May 2012 CSR, Dec 2012 CSR, May 2013 OKW, May 2014 OKW

UPCOMING: May 2014 -OKW
scooby9932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 08:24 PM   #900
disney212
DIS Veteran

Body shapers

Anyone have experience wearing a body shaper to the parks. I see a lot of posts about how to keep from chafing. I have never had a chafing problem but would think a shaper would prevent this too. Mine are all light weight and I wear them year round without them being too hot.
disney212 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: