Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-20-2012, 09:33 PM   #856
spartankid34
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpy&princess
does body glide really work to keep from chaffing in those girl parts?
Absolutely a life saver for my legs!!!! Not to mention no blisters our last trip when using this!

Past Trips: College Graduation Trip August 2011!!! [POP Century] August 1997 [AllStar Sports]

1st PTR August 2011 - Hey you're a college graduate, let's celebrate!!

Me Mom
spartankid34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 03:27 PM   #857
etoiles
DIS Veteran

Hi,

I tried looking up more specific information but I was wondering if anyone did try the chairs at the Sum of All Thrills and if they did or did not fit. I thought it sounded like a great ride but I am not sure if I will fit being Pooh sized so will definitely try the test chairs first but also wanted to hear from others so I am more prepared.

Thanks!

Me:
DH:
DS (1):
etoiles is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-21-2012, 05:17 PM   #858
Ms. Heimlich
I'm a beautiful butterfly, too!

I posted about this earlier in this thread, but basically I could ride but it was tight. I am a size 18/20 and had to wiggle into the seat. I posted a photo in my earlier post as well.

I will see if I can find the post.

Here it is:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2754709

Quote:
Originally Posted by etoiles View Post
Hi,

I tried looking up more specific information but I was wondering if anyone did try the chairs at the Sum of All Thrills and if they did or did not fit. I thought it sounded like a great ride but I am not sure if I will fit being Pooh sized so will definitely try the test chairs first but also wanted to hear from others so I am more prepared.

Thanks!

Last edited by Ms. Heimlich; 07-21-2012 at 05:24 PM. Reason: Added link
Ms. Heimlich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 09:26 PM   #859
CatNipRules
Overplanner Extraordinaire....
I love them when they are raw
I got Mickey mail

Wow! I can't begin to tell you what a God send this thread is to me!! I'm also a Pooh sized adult and have been very apprehensive about going back to Disney.

Before my serious health issues caused me to gain some extra weight, I wasn't afraid to go on anything because of my weight. Now however, I was worried that I wouldn't fit on my most beloved rides.

I'm 5'9" and 296 pounds. I've gotten some great hints and tips from reading this thread. I started at the beginning and can't believe that I never knew of the no riders and the body glide. That is going to be a lifesaver!

It's wonderful to know that there are other Pooh sized people out there. I know that there are, but to see others post about their experiences on rides and in the restaurants makes me realize that I'm not alone. I know this may sound silly, but I actually cried when I read some of the posts because I realized that I'm not alone.

My DH is great about the extra weight, but sometimes I feel so alone and it's truly wonderful to have "friends" here that understand.

I'm looking forward to getting to meet you guys and learn some tricks and tips before our upcoming trip.

CatNipRules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 09:47 PM   #860
etoiles
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=Ms. Heimlich;45561635]I posted about this earlier in this thread, but basically I could ride but it was tight. I am a size 18/20 and had to wiggle into the seat. I posted a photo in my earlier post as well.

Thanks! I did see that post and it was helpful. I am not an 18/20 and a little bigger so was wondering if there was a cut off size for it or above x size you will not fit.

Thanks again.

Me:
DH:
DS (1):
etoiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 08:39 PM   #861
disney212
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=etoiles;45563985]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Heimlich View Post
I posted about this earlier in this thread, but basically I could ride but it was tight. I am a size 18/20 and had to wiggle into the seat. I posted a photo in my earlier post as well.

Thanks! I did see that post and it was helpful. I am not an 18/20 and a little bigger so was wondering if there was a cut off size for it or above x size you will not fit.

Thanks again.
I would make sure to try the test seat. I too am an 18/20 and fit with plenty of wiggle room left. It may depend on how/here you carry your weight. DH is also a larger guy, 6 ft and 220 and fit with wiggle room too!
disney212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 12:55 AM   #862
canadiankitten
First Timer!!!

I am not alone!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi All!!!
Thank you SO much for making me feel at ease with going to WDW!!! I am 5'5" and weigh 263. I am hoping to be at 245 or so by the time we go to WDW in December of 2012. I wear a size 22 pant, and a 2x top. These are Canadian sizes so they might be a little wonky compared to american sizes.

I was so nervous about going, and not being able to fit in the rides, restaurants, etc. And this thread has really helped me feel better about this whole adventure. I am on a mission to find some anti chafing sticks here in Canada to take down to WDW with us, it's hard to find up here. DH is 6'2", so we also have his freakishly long legs to contend with. He is average build though.

I've never had any issues fitting on airplanes, but I always sit beside DH. This is a fantastic thread, and thank you ALL for the great resources, especially with clothing!!!!
canadiankitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 06:18 PM   #863
clr055
Reborn Mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiankitten View Post
Hi All!!!
Thank you SO much for making me feel at ease with going to WDW!!! I am 5'5" and weigh 263. I am hoping to be at 245 or so by the time we go to WDW in December of 2012. I wear a size 22 pant, and a 2x top. These are Canadian sizes so they might be a little wonky compared to american sizes.
I went to DW and was exactly that size, height and weight! I fit into all of the rides and had no problems at all. Actually, many of them were roomy even for me. I had a hard time finding any tops there that were larger then 1x so if you want disney gear to wear there I would find it before you arrive.

I too want to express my happiness while reading this thread. Unless you have lived it you do not understand the challenges being pooh sized brings to the most simple things. And many times you feel like you are the only one out there when everyone as far as your eye can see is not pooh sized. (love that term btw, pooh sized!). You suddenly have to consider if the towels are big enough to go all the way around you at the pool (no they are not, bring your own) to how big the booth is when you go out to eat and will you be able to wedge yourself in (ask for a table, why eat while being smushed) to having small panic attacks about not fitting into your airplane seat without a snarly remark from someone forced to sit next to you. For all you pooh sized Disney lovers out there...
February 2013 - Hoping for 8 days at POP!!
clr055 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 10:54 AM   #864
GrammyJudy
DIS Veteran

I think Disney is carrying more Plus size clothing...I have bought Tees, hooded sweatshirt and a great polar fleece vest in 3X...but do try them on before you buy

Last edited by GrammyJudy; 07-26-2012 at 11:08 AM.
GrammyJudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 03:10 AM   #865
disneegrl4eva
now we just need a secret handshake or sign...
...because I'm special like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammyJudy View Post
I think Disney is carrying more Plus size clothing...I have bought Tees, hooded sweatshirt and a great polar fleece vest in 3X...but do try them on before you buy
you lucked out because disney runs small and i rarely ever saw a 3X...now that I dont fit in those anymore I have more options to choose from but when I was 3X it was horrid ...i could hardly ever find anything over 2X
Old 07-27-2012, 08:32 AM   #866
jlcw14
Mouseketeer

I will have to try the no riders! Worst pet peeve ever! My DH laughs at me because I do this *dance* while walking...every few steps I have to shake a leg and get the shorts to drop back down my thigh! Its completely unfair that overweight men do not seem to have this problem with riding!

I have not tried the body glide, but I have had good luck with Mission anti-friction cream. I've purchased it both through QVC and at Dick's Sporting Goods.
2/2010 ~ Port Orleans - Riverside
11/2010 ~ Pop Century
10/2011 ~ Port Orleans - French Quarter
jlcw14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 06:46 PM   #867
wynntx
Earning My Ears

I'm pooh sized, 22/24. I hope to lose a size before our November trip. Are there any rides that I should worry about? I have heard that some can be a tight fit, which is fine. I just don't want to have to get off of a ride if possible. TIA!
wynntx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 07:06 PM   #868
im4kycats
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wynntx View Post
I'm pooh sized, 22/24. I hope to lose a size before our November trip. Are there any rides that I should worry about? I have heard that some can be a tight fit, which is fine. I just don't want to have to get off of a ride if possible. TIA!
I haven't found one I couldn't ride except Sum of All Thrills and that was more because of my chest size than anything else! If you have a big belly (like me) you really have to suck it in on the teacups. I am a solid 24.

Me DH DS (15) DD (9)

1992 - Disneymoon at CBR; 2010 - Easter in the World at CBR; 2011 - MNSSHP at POFQ; 2012 - 20th Anniversary at AoA; 2013 - Adults to BWI; 2014 - Cars Suite at AoA
im4kycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 07:58 PM   #869
CatNipRules
Overplanner Extraordinaire....
I love them when they are raw
I got Mickey mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by im4kycats View Post
I haven't found one I couldn't ride except Sum of All Thrills and that was more because of my chest size than anything else! If you have a big belly (like me) you really have to suck it in on the teacups. I am a solid 24.
I too have a big belly. 24/26. I'm glad to know that about the teacups though. I can't really go on them because of my vertigo. That will be a ride for DH & DS to do together. LOL!

CatNipRules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 11:30 PM   #870
im4kycats
Mouseketeer

I saw a post on another chat that someone wasn't able to buckle on Kali River and was asked to get off. Anyone have any experience with Kali?

Me DH DS (15) DD (9)

1992 - Disneymoon at CBR; 2010 - Easter in the World at CBR; 2011 - MNSSHP at POFQ; 2012 - 20th Anniversary at AoA; 2013 - Adults to BWI; 2014 - Cars Suite at AoA
im4kycats is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: