Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-09-2012, 08:32 AM   #826
BellAbbeys Mom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by qtmissy19 View Post
Lane Bryant sizes run bigger then Fashion Bug. I would probably order a size bigger from Fashion Bug.

I totally agree Fashion Bug is much cheaper then Lane Bryant. Clothes at Lane Bryant are at ridiculous prices. I have clothes from both places and Fashion Bug is so much better. The Lane Bryant coupons always have a 1000 things they don't include. And Lane Bryant clothes are so much older looking. I love love love the clothes at Fashion Bug and never had a problem with them lasting a long time. Also the coupons at Fashion Bug really add up.
Thanks for that..I went on LB.com yesterday and they had a "sale" but there items were triple the price I am mainly looking for knock around clothes and some capris for WDW..THANKS I will go back to FB online today and check it out!!
Old 05-09-2012, 02:04 PM   #827
tlovesdis
Disneyland Obsessed!!!
My room has a Mickey theme!

I can't bring myself to shop at LB! Their prices are just ridiculous, even on sale! I shop at Avenue and Wal Mart on a regular basis and also Old Navy and Woman Within online. I am really good at finding deals both in store and online!

I just can't see paying so much for something you can get so much cheaper somewhere else!!!

Disneyland - December 6-9, 2014 (Birthday trip)

WDW January 22-27, 2015
Kidani Village AKL
First trip to the WORLD!!!
tlovesdis is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-16-2012, 02:34 PM   #828
MissRoseDarrensAngel
Will Turner's Pirate Princess

I am also pooh sized, and went a few years ago to WDW. I had no issues with the rides I went on, and saw many larger than me going on them just fine. I just wished my mother was more considerate of the fact with the hotter weather that I get tired and hot more easily. She blamed me not keeping up with her on being pooh sized which has made me determined never to vacation with her ever again.

I like some of the tips in this post. I will go back to WDW someday, but either alone or with others who will treat me with dignity because the heat and humidity did not always agree with me. At least with my travels, I get around just fine for the most part depending on how I am feeling that day.

(from Pirates of the Caribbean - At World's End)
MissRoseDarrensAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 11:36 AM   #829
Vowelmommy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShhhQ View Post
Not had any issues fitting at Disney... wish I could say that about everywhere I go...
Couple restaurants I can add..
Chef Mickey
Grand Floridian Cafe
Kona
Cape May Cafe
Maya Grill
Hoop Dee Doo Musical Revue
Capn Jacks Restaurant
Planet Hollywood
Yak and Yeti
Le Cellier
Liberty Tree Tavern
Plaza Restaurant
those are just the sit-down dinners... have had no seating issues at any cs either.

Only restaurant that scared me at all was Sci-Fi because I heard their booths were pretty tight, but didn't need to worry they also have chairs and thats where my party was seated.

I had no problem at Sci if either. I fit in the car without a problem.
Old 05-20-2012, 02:43 PM   #830
dreamscometrue101
Mouseketeer

On my last trip to WDW I was 5'6" and 345 pounds. It was a little tight to get out of Astro Orbiter, but it was one of my nephews favorite rides so I ended up doing it several times.

The only thing I couldn't do was the virtual roller coaster at DisneyQuest and that wasn't because of my stomach, but more my chest as the over the shoulder harness couldn't latch (only off by about 1/4")

I have told several of my pooh sized friends to do WDW and they have found out from personal experience that Disney is more pooh-size friendly than Universal.

I think Disney does an amazing job ensuring we can all enjoy the magic.

Now that I've lost some weight I'm looking forward to the virtual coaster with my son on my upcoming trip.

dreamscometrue101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 04:13 PM   #831
lovesdumbo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamscometrue101 View Post
Now that I've lost some weight I'm looking forward to the virtual coaster with my son on my upcoming trip.
Did you know there is one at Epcot now-Sum of All Thrills-in the Innoventions near Test Track. There is a capsule you can check out to see if you fit before you get on. I've never done the Disney Quest one but I've read the Epcot one is better.
Old 06-08-2012, 07:42 AM   #832
Woodmnky
DIS Veteran

Sorry if this has been addressed. I made it to page 36 before my toddler demanded mommy attention. Both DH & I are very Pooh sized (I'm a 32 pants and 4X top, DH is a bit smaller). We are taking DS to WDW for his 2nd birthday and wondering about riding with him. Are there any rides where we will encounter problems with belts/bars fitting DS and one of us appropriately? Obviously at 2 he will only be riding the super tame rides, but wondering if there are any that we should skip to ensure that he is safe.
Thanks
Woodmnky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 09:21 AM   #833
Helopoh
Who me jump??
Addicted to BBC America!
Name & number's on bathroom wall :eek:
Expert Duct Tape Remover!

This passporter book was a huge comfort and worth the cost for my mind. I am your size as well. It gives you information on all the rides and the restraints they use for them. Off the top of my head Finding Nemo with my 2 year old niece was no challenge. If you are unsure grab a cast member an ask they are brilliant. http://www.passporterstore.com/store/158771048X.aspx

Offsite: Feb 1978, Feb 1980, Oct 1982, May 2000, April 2009
Coronado Springs: Oct 2011 (never staying offsite again)
Boardwalk Villas: Dec 2014 Celebrating our marriage

DH ME DS
Helopoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 08:18 PM   #834
chellt
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodmnky View Post
Sorry if this has been addressed. I made it to page 36 before my toddler demanded mommy attention. Both DH & I are very Pooh sized (I'm a 32 pants and 4X top, DH is a bit smaller). We are taking DS to WDW for his 2nd birthday and wondering about riding with him. Are there any rides where we will encounter problems with belts/bars fitting DS and one of us appropriately? Obviously at 2 he will only be riding the super tame rides, but wondering if there are any that we should skip to ensure that he is safe.
Thanks
I am your size and rode everything except Kalli River Rapids (I think that is the name). Couldnt fasten the belt. All turnstyles were fine as well.

Me (35) DN (8) DN (5)

This thing that we do, then, is not only an act of law for equality in education, but an act of LOVE for those extraordinary children wishing only to live ordinary lives.
chellt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 09:29 AM   #835
heidilee2003
Missing my Disney Home!

bump

~*FEBRUARY 2013 - DBF 1st vacation EVER - we're off to the World!*~
~*May 2008 POP Century - Friends Trip*~
~*July 2007 POP Century*~
~*WDWCP Fall Advantage 2004 - Restaurantosaurus*~
heidilee2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 09:56 AM   #836
etoiles
DIS Veteran

DH and I are both plus sized and were able to go on all the rides we wanted to last time without problems. The only one that was tight was the Primeval Whirl in Disney's Animal Kingdom. The person loading everyone onto the ride though let our pod go with just the two of us instead of trying to fit four people in, which would have been really tight.

Me:
DH:
DS (1):
etoiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 02:14 PM   #837
disneegrl4eva
now we just need a secret handshake or sign...
...because I'm special like that

ok so Ive been thinking about some things since we were talking about where we buy clothes and such for our vacations...and I got this thought and was wondering if anyone would be interested in something like this...

I have lost about 120lbs since last august (and no im not starving lol) but I have tons and tons of size 2X and 3X shirts, pants, capris, shorts, dresses etc.. that I really would like to sell ...all my clothes have come from Lane Bryant or their sister online company Woman Within and Roamans...I really need to buy myself some clothes lol...so i was thinking...would anyboby be interested if I started a FB page where us pooh size people could go on and buy/trade if you like clothes at discounted prices so we arent having to pay full price for really expensive clothes....let me know what you all think
Old 07-15-2012, 11:25 AM   #838
VroomVroomLightning
DIS Veteran

What is everyone's experience with Expedition Everest? I fit on it last time we were there in 2010, but now I am starting to get anxious feelings and can't remember how it worked. I think it went down over your legs, but my thighs are pretty big so I am starting to worry.
Old 07-15-2012, 11:31 AM   #839
runningjusme
DW addict in training

I carry the bulk of my weight in thighs / hips. I was concerned about EE, but fit fine. the lap bar closed with a few 'clicks' remaining. I'm 3XL pants.

completed runs -

2008 Minnie Marathon 15K
2009 White Rock Half Marathon
2014 Princess Half
2014 RnR Dallas Half

planned runs
2014 - April - Big D Half, Lone Star Half
May - Plano 10 Miler, June - Wounded Warriors Half
August (UGH) Hottest Half, October - RnR STL Half
2015 January - DOPEY!!??
March - RnR Dallas Half
runningjusme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 11:58 AM   #840
lovehoney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by VroomVroomLightning View Post
What is everyone's experience with Expedition Everest? I fit on it last time we were there in 2010, but now I am starting to get anxious feelings and can't remember how it worked. I think it went down over your legs, but my thighs are pretty big so I am starting to worry.
I had no problem fitting EE in January. I carry most of my weight in my stomach and upper body though. I'm about 220 and wear a 22.

Each seat has it's own bar so you don't have to worry if you ride with someone smaller. From the picture (I'm in red) you can see I still have some room in the seat.

lovehoney is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: