Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-23-2012, 11:12 PM   #796
disneegrl4eva
now we just need a secret handshake or sign...
...because I'm special like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeltdisneygirl View Post
Hey there everyone! I was just curious where everyone who has an airplane seatbelt extender bought it from?! I looked on ebay, and I wasn't sure if that was the way to go or not. I am looking into Airtran and would rather have my own. Thanx guys!
Ive lost quite a bit of weight so I dont have to have one anymore but even when I did I didnt buy one....Im not sure why you want to pay for something like that but for me I was kind of embarrassed so I always got on the plane when they allowed for people who needed to preboard for assistance and there was nobody on board so I would ask for it and receive it before they let people on...save me from being super embarrassed
Old 04-24-2012, 07:21 AM   #797
bearloch
DIS Veteran

I fly airtran u dont need to buy one they are wonderfull!! just ask to preboard or ask for one to be on your seat!! if they dont get it ahead they are very nice about it!!! enjoy your flight!

WDW1986
Disneyland 1998
Disneyland 1999
WDW 2003
BAck First time @ Fort 12 /2007

Moved closer to Mickey June 2011:dance
CSR June 2012
bearloch is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-24-2012, 01:31 PM   #798
disneegrl4eva
now we just need a secret handshake or sign...
...because I'm special like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearloch View Post
I fly airtran u dont need to buy one they are wonderfull!! just ask to preboard or ask for one to be on your seat!! if they dont get it ahead they are very nice about it!!! enjoy your flight!
yeah thats what Im saying...Ive never flown Airtran but Ive flown just about every major airline out there and they all do the same thing
Old 04-25-2012, 06:15 PM   #799
Blackbeltdisneygirl
Disney obsessed and proud of it!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneegrl4eva View Post
Ive lost quite a bit of weight so I dont have to have one anymore but even when I did I didnt buy one....Im not sure why you want to pay for something like that but for me I was kind of embarrassed so I always got on the plane when they allowed for people who needed to preboard for assistance and there was nobody on board so I would ask for it and receive it before they let people on...save me from being super embarrassed
You said the exact reason why! I would prefer not to have to ask for one. I talked to people on this thread last year about the seatbelts, and many had purchased their own b/c they are really inexpensive, and it saves having to ask. I asked last May on Continental b/c I was freaking out the first year that the seatbelt was so tight, and I was nervous they would make me buy another seat. I got it buckled, but it was uncomfortable. Anyway, my Pooh sized pals on here suggested asking for one, which I did, and it was fine. I just would rather not have to ask b/c it is embarassing. I would probably never do preboard b/c I would be too embarassed. That is just me. I train in the martial arts like I am a size two, I earned a black belt while being overweight, and I perform constantly in front of large audiences. I work my butt off every day in this world of skinny minnies, but get on an airplane and draw attention to myself??? Totally outside my comfort zone. It doesn't make much sense to me, but it's the way I am!

Quote:
Thanx! I am glad to hear they are so nice. I am nervous b/c it is our first time flying with them. I always get nervous until I have experienced it one time. Thanx!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneegrl4eva View Post
yeah thats what Im saying...Ive never flown Airtran but Ive flown just about every major airline out there and they all do the same thing
They were very nice, it is my own insecurity!!! Thanx for the reassurance!

Also, does anyone know some good places to buy plus sized moisture wicking clothing? I bought a pair of capris off of ebay, and they are great, but I would like some other options. I chafe like crazy at Disney b/c I am not used to sweating like that, and I have to wear my clothes bigger in order to fit my waist and my chest, so other areas are way too big and rub. I hate to spend money on tailoring b/c I want to lose weight. I use Body Glide and Anti-Monkey Butt, but still chafed even though it was to a lesser degree. Maybe moisture wicking spandex? I haven't read the more recent posts to see if anyone asked this, but I will now. Thanx!

2010: POR 7 days, 2011 split stay: POR 4 days CSR 7 days, 2012: CBR 12 days, 2013: POR 9 days, 2014: 12-14 days AoA???
Blackbeltdisneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 07:58 PM   #800
bearloch
DIS Veteran

Ive found for my DH at Walmart in the big section a wicking shirt he likes it but ive had a hard time finding " summer" colors he works inside so color doesnt matter most of the time! if u find some let us know!! Ive never found any for myself though I found a cotton/guaze shirt that I love at a resale shop have not been able to find any more though I do see some in lane bryant catalog! have not ordered yet

WDW1986
Disneyland 1998
Disneyland 1999
WDW 2003
BAck First time @ Fort 12 /2007

Moved closer to Mickey June 2011:dance
CSR June 2012
bearloch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 08:36 PM   #801
LWallace2012
Earning My Ears

seat belt extender

I bought a seat belt extender for my flight on Southwest. I did not want to ask either. I bought it online for around $20.00 a good deal for my comfort.
LWallace2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 10:09 PM   #802
Blackbeltdisneygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynneFri View Post
I wanted to thank everyone who posted on this thread. I love the word Pooh-sized, had never heard it before. I'm a size 22 and have been soo afraid of not fitting in the rides.....I experienced this last summer at Six Flags and it was more than embarassing.
I no longer am nervous at all about going on the rides! This will be myfirst trip ever to WDW and I'm 41!
Wanted to say, Welcome to the Dis! We are more than happy to have you! I dreamed of going to Disney for 32 years! We finally went two years ago and are going for our 3rd time in 2 years. We love it. You will have a blast! Welcome to where there are plus size princesses!!!!

Quote:
Ive found for my DH at Walmart in the big section a wicking shirt he likes it but ive had a hard time finding " summer" colors he works inside so color doesnt matter most of the time! if u find some let us know!! Ive never found any for myself though I found a cotton/guaze shirt that I love at a resale shop have not been able to find any more though I do see some in lane bryant catalog! have not ordered yet
I will look at Lane Bryant right now! Thank you! Hopefully I can find some bicycle shorts. I have a theory that they will stop my upper thighs from chafing from the seams on my clothes. I seriously walked around WDW with my pants inside out last May. The seams were killing me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWallace2012 View Post
I bought a seat belt extender for my flight on Southwest. I did not want to ask either. I bought it online for around $20.00 a good deal for my comfort.
Did you google it? Where did you find it? I noticed Southwest has ones that are a little different than others.

2010: POR 7 days, 2011 split stay: POR 4 days CSR 7 days, 2012: CBR 12 days, 2013: POR 9 days, 2014: 12-14 days AoA???
Old 04-25-2012, 10:58 PM   #803
Angel16
Member of the 'Jambo! WildBunch'
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Also, does anyone know some good places to buy plus sized moisture wicking clothing? I bought a pair of capris off of ebay, and they are great, but I would like some other options. I chafe like crazy at Disney b/c I am not used to sweating like that, and I have to wear my clothes bigger in order to fit my waist and my chest, so other areas are way too big and rub. I hate to spend money on tailoring b/c I want to lose weight. I use Body Glide and Anti-Monkey Butt, but still chafed even though it was to a lesser degree. Maybe moisture wicking spandex? I haven't read the more recent posts to see if anyone asked this, but I will now. Thanx!
Hi Congratulations on all you have achieved!

I have a couple suggestions for you for your WDW clothing needs. Have you tried looking at REI? They have a nice selection of plus size moisture wicking items. They are sometimes a little on the high side, however they are always having sales. The other idea is on-line Champion USA, they carry a large line of plus size items with spandex.

When you are looking at purchasing a seat belt extender really check out what type you need for each airline or plane type. A friend got one and took it with for her next trip. The seat belt connection on her flight was different than what she had. Different openings and different male or female connector. She ended up having to ask for a extender and having to carry a useless one with her for the rest of her trip.

I hope you find exactly what you want.

Angel16
Old 04-26-2012, 10:51 PM   #804
Blackbeltdisneygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel16 View Post
Hi Congratulations on all you have achieved!

I have a couple suggestions for you for your WDW clothing needs. Have you tried looking at REI? They have a nice selection of plus size moisture wicking items. They are sometimes a little on the high side, however they are always having sales. The other idea is on-line Champion USA, they carry a large line of plus size items with spandex.

When you are looking at purchasing a seat belt extender really check out what type you need for each airline or plane type. A friend got one and took it with for her next trip. The seat belt connection on her flight was different than what she had. Different openings and different male or female connector. She ended up having to ask for a extender and having to carry a useless one with her for the rest of her trip.

I hope you find exactly what you want.

Angel16
Oh, thanx! That was sweet! It is amazing that I didn't even bat an eye at doing those things, but I don't want the embarassment of asking for a seatbelt extender! I hope to lose weight , and am seeing an internist soon to try and get the whole picture of all my health issues so we can implement a plan to lose weight and succeed. Until then, what I lose won't be significant enough to be comfortable without one!

That stinks that your friend got the wrong type! I am looking to see what Airtan uses for sure!

Thanx for the suggestions! I had some luck with Lane Bryant, but I am also going to look into your suggestions! Thank you very much!

Old 04-28-2012, 03:10 PM   #805
cmesq61
DIS Veteran

Living XL sells extenders

Sept '13 DCL; Jan '13 The Poly; Sept '12 BWI; Nov & Sept '11 The Poly; June '09, The Poly; Sept '08 The Poly; Jan '05, DCL
cmesq61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 09:54 PM   #806
Blackbeltdisneygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmesq61 View Post
Living XL sells extenders
I've never heard of this! Thank you!

Old 05-02-2012, 11:20 PM   #807
GraceMonica
DIS Veteran

I've only flown a few times and I was so embarrassed to have to ask for an extender, I had my sister do it! The last time I flew (I was flying to Disneyland!) I just sucked it up and asked for one. The folks at Southwest were nice about it. I wasn't really embarrassed at all though! Because I realized that its not a secret that I'm big. Plus, I'm losing weight, so its just motivation to keep shedding pounds!
GraceMonica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 08:27 PM   #808
kiwitinkerbell
kiwigirl

What a great thread! I have read through most of it. I know there's lots of questions about rides etc but I have a questions about restaurant chairs. Is there any restaurant that I should avoid booking because it only has 'booth' seating? Or seats for the not so large person?

July 86 - DL, May 96 - DL, Jan 07 - Pop WDW,
Dec 2008 - Pop Century & AKL , Jan 09 - Pop WDW
Sept 2010 - DL
kiwitinkerbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 11:38 PM   #809
Blackbeltdisneygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceMonica View Post
I've only flown a few times and I was so embarrassed to have to ask for an extender, I had my sister do it! The last time I flew (I was flying to Disneyland!) I just sucked it up and asked for one. The folks at Southwest were nice about it. I wasn't really embarrassed at all though! Because I realized that its not a secret that I'm big. Plus, I'm losing weight, so its just motivation to keep shedding pounds!
Congrats on your weight loss! I am going to see an internist soon, so hopefully I will be able to lose some myself!!! The one I want to go to has a great recipe for weight loss for thyroid patients. I am excited. That is hilarious that you pawned it off on SIS!!!! Maybe I should make my hubby do it for me! Haha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitinkerbell View Post
What a great thread! I have read through most of it. I know there's lots of questions about rides etc but I have a questions about restaurant chairs. Is there any restaurant that I should avoid booking because it only has 'booth' seating? Or seats for the not so large person?
I haven't had any issues anywhere I've eaten. Let me list where we've gone so you can have an idea of which ones should be fine:

50's Prime Time HS
Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater HS
Akershus EPCOT
Teppan Edo EPCOT
Boma Animal Kingdom Resort
Tusker House AK
Coral Reef EPCOT
Cinderella's Royal Table MK
Crystal Palace MK
O'Hana Polynesian Resort
Boatright's Port Orleans Riverside
Hollywood and Vine HS
T-REX DTD

Good luck!

Old 05-04-2012, 03:55 AM   #810
ShhhQ
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Congrats on your weight loss! I am going to see an internist soon, so hopefully I will be able to lose some myself!!! The one I want to go to has a great recipe for weight loss for thyroid patients. I am excited. That is hilarious that you pawned it off on SIS!!!! Maybe I should make my hubby do it for me! Haha!

I haven't had any issues anywhere I've eaten. Let me list where we've gone so you can have an idea of which ones should be fine:

50's Prime Time HS
Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater HS
Akershus EPCOT
Teppan Edo EPCOT
Boma Animal Kingdom Resort
Tusker House AK
Coral Reef EPCOT
Cinderella's Royal Table MK
Crystal Palace MK
O'Hana Polynesian Resort
Boatright's Port Orleans Riverside
Hollywood and Vine HS
T-REX DTD

Good luck!
Not had any issues fitting at Disney... wish I could say that about everywhere I go...
Couple restaurants I can add..
Chef Mickey
Grand Floridian Cafe
Kona
Cape May Cafe
Maya Grill
Hoop Dee Doo Musical Revue
Capn Jacks Restaurant
Planet Hollywood
Yak and Yeti
Le Cellier
Liberty Tree Tavern
Plaza Restaurant
those are just the sit-down dinners... have had no seating issues at any cs either.

Only restaurant that scared me at all was Sci-Fi because I heard their booths were pretty tight, but didn't need to worry they also have chairs and thats where my party was seated.

Sad to say that a trip to Disney and the scariest ride you went on was a bus ride!!!
Enjoy your vacation, you may never know when your last vacation will end up being your LAST VACATION!!
ShhhQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: