Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-28-2012, 07:25 AM   #781
SgtClaymore
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanetteK View Post
Thanks for starting this thread and keeping it active! I and my husband are also pooh sized and I read every one of these posts yesterday and last night. I have found some great tips in all these pages. We are planning a trip for April of this year and I too was worried about these same issues, particularly the rides. Glad to know that it won't be an issue. Have a great day everyone and keep the tips coming

Pretty awesome thread kinda fun!
Old 02-29-2012, 04:04 PM   #782
SashaFarce
Mouseketeer

Anyone Pooh-sized have any experience with riding the Barnstormer soon-to-be-Great-Goofini prior to its closure? It will be reopening in the Storybook Circus area around the time that we plan to make our first trip with a little kid, and I was wondering if this one will be doable for us. (I'm assuming the ride cars will be the same or similar.)

Past Trips: Prior to 2013: 14 trips
Feb 2013 @ AoA Sept 2013 @ CBR Oct 2013 @ Pop Dec 2013 @ DLR
Feb 2014 @ ASMusic Apr 2014 on the Disney Dream May 2014 @ ASMovies Aug 2014

Upcoming Trips: Oct 2014 Jan 2014

SashaFarce is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-04-2012, 05:25 PM   #783
MandyTG
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SashaFarce View Post
Anyone Pooh-sized have any experience with riding the Barnstormer soon-to-be-Great-Goofini prior to its closure? It will be reopening in the Storybook Circus area around the time that we plan to make our first trip with a little kid, and I was wondering if this one will be doable for us. (I'm assuming the ride cars will be the same or similar.)
I'm a size 26 and I rode the Barnstormer with my then 3 year old son. The lap bar did not come down enough to secure him in, but I kept my arm across him and he was fine. I would do whatever you feel comfortable with.
MandyTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 06:59 PM   #784
colesmomndad
Earning My Ears

I love this thread!

Hey everyone! I just wanted to pop in and say how much I LOVE this thread!!! As a pooh-sized gal, I find this to be a very good site for information. I am hoping to be less pooh sized by our trip in August. This will be my first trip since i was a kid in 1985 and my hubby's first time ever. We are taking my son and my nephew and we are all so excited. It's nice to know that if i don't lose quite the amount of weight I am aiming for, that it's still possible to enjoy the rides and everything else anyway. So, thanks again for all the great information.

colesmomndad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 02:47 PM   #785
PrincessSarah314
Mouseketeer

Great Goofini??

Any word on the size of Great Goofini yet? We are leaving in 3 days and I'm wondering if I can fit on it (size 28, big hips and bottom) with my BF or even solo?
Old 04-04-2012, 05:15 PM   #786
lovesdumbo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessSarah314 View Post
Any word on the size of Great Goofini yet? We are leaving in 3 days and I'm wondering if I can fit on it (size 28, big hips and bottom) with my BF or even solo?
It is the exact same as Goofy's Barnstormer-just a redo of the theme but the ride is the same as are the cars. I haven't been on in few years so I can't remember how big the seats are.
lovesdumbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 07:55 PM   #787
billwendy
DIS Veteran

I am a 2x, and have ridden the Barnstormer many times with a child, but not another adult - hope that helps!!!

Traumatic Brain Injury 2/5 & 9/6/2013
March is TBI Awareness Month!
Life changes in an instant! Shine On!
billwendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 12:48 PM   #788
tlovesdis
Disneyland Obsessed!!!
My room has a Mickey theme!

I am so happy to have found this thread!!!

I am Pooh sized! Currently I am 5'4", 275, size 24. I have recently lost 30 pounds on Weight Watchers and plan to lose a lot more by the time I hit WDW in November 2013!!!

I go to Disneyland about once or twice a year and never have any issues with rides. At my very heaviest, I could not ride Mullholland Madness as the lap bar would not go down, but have had no other issues.

My favorite theme park shoes ever are Crocs! I used to own 6 pairs, but sadly I found out I am alergic to them and can no longer wear them So I am on the hunt for comfy, yet durable flip flops. It sounds like Teva's might be the way to go.

As far as clothes go, I used to have to buy exclusively online as nothing in the stores fit, but now I shop at Avenue and Wal Mart, a lot! Online I love Woman Within and Old Navy!! I just bought a new bathing suit for this season at Wal Mart. It is two pieces, shorts and a top and the top has underwire, which I need for the girls! I love it and it was $27 total for both pieces! I have also had good luck finding clearance items at Kohl's recently!

I am really nervous about all the walking I will have to do at WDW, but like I said I should be a lot lighter by the time I hit WDW, if WW keeps going well! Plus my exercise of choice right now is walking so that should help.

Is it hot in November? I hate the heat!!!

Again so glad I found this thread and I hope to get lots more ideas! I've only read through about half of the thread so far!!!

Disneyland - December 6-9, 2014 (Birthday trip)

WDW January 22-27, 2015
Kidani Village AKL
First trip to the WORLD!!!
tlovesdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 08:38 AM   #789
LynneFri
Earning My Ears

I wanted to thank everyone who posted on this thread. I love the word Pooh-sized, had never heard it before. I'm a size 22 and have been soo afraid of not fitting in the rides.....I experienced this last summer at Six Flags and it was more than embarassing.
I no longer am nervous at all about going on the rides! This will be myfirst trip ever to WDW and I'm 41!
LynneFri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 09:16 PM   #790
lilaurora
Mouseketeer

I love that this thread is out there

Even though I've been to WDW a couple of times, I am still self-conscious of my size (20-22) and it's good to hear that other people feel the same way. AND, I like knowing that there are so many supportive DISers with wonderful ideas on how to make touring the parks more comfortable and carefree!

My next visit is a girls trip with DD7 in early June and am loving going through and getting great tips!
Old 04-18-2012, 10:08 PM   #791
CozumelDisneyFan
shooping cart hooks?..... Aluminum foil roll securers?..... an arrow???
Sheesh......I must live under a rock!

Bless you

I must admit, I am not Pooh sized, nor am I a size 2, just average.

Also must admit that I did not read all of the thread.

But I have to say that seeing the World thru your eyes has opened mine.

Never imagined the worries, the difficulty or the trouble that my fellow Dis-ers faced when planning/enjoying a trip to WDW.

What a learning experience! Thank you for your honesty and for sharing.

All I can say is love yourselves (and I am not being condesending, just the opposite as this is heartfelt) as you are!

People like me do not know what goes on "behind the scenes#, the concerns before your trip.

I take my hat off to you all! Have strength thru your struggles, and keep your chin up, not all average people are jerks.

They just dont understand or see the whole picture! As the proud Aunt of 2 austistic children, I know that those on the outside dont understand their struggle.

Walt designed Disney for all to enjoy, no matter what color, religion, financial status or dress size.

I wish you all many Magical WDW trips with your families!

CozumelDisneyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 08:37 AM   #792
Hoodie
Going to BC and GF with one week's planning
The snappers go for you and the painteds pee on you. Either way, they never seemed very grateful!

So glad to find this! I will read it through thoroughly. I've been to WDW several times as "pooh sized " (around 16-18), but this will be my first trip post 2 babies which has bumped me to 20-22. I'm hoping to be back to the 16-18 by the time we go in November, but will be checking this for all the tips!
Hoodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 10:29 AM   #793
Pattiwig
Mouseketeer

Hi, lovin' the thread. My question is about footwear. I see a lot of you love your crocs, I wear an 11WW shoe, do the crocs or Teva's come in wide widths? Thanks for your help.
08/14 Fantasy - Western Caribbean; 12/13 HHI ; 7/13 SSR; 8/12 OKW; 12/11 Vero Beach ; and SSR ; 4/10 OKW; 3/10 Magic-Eastern Caribbean; 9/08 BCV ; 4/07 HHI; 1/07 OKW; 8/06 Grand Californian; 8/05 Magic - Eastbound Panama Canal; 9/05 SSR; 4/05 OKW; 10/04 OKW; 4/04 BWV & OKW; 8/02 HHI- OKW- Wonder 4 day - VBR; 7/99 BWV; 8/98 OKW; 8/97 OKW; 12/96 Port Orleans; 9/95 Polynesian; 3/94 Off Site;1986 first Disney trip, Magic Kingdom and Epcot was all there was.
Pattiwig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 09:13 PM   #794
disneegrl4eva
now we just need a secret handshake or sign...
...because I'm special like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlovesdis View Post

Is it hot in November? I hate the heat!!!
nope its really nice...I went this last Nov. and it was gorgeous...and Im from CA as well
Old 04-23-2012, 10:39 PM   #795
Blackbeltdisneygirl
Disney obsessed and proud of it!!!

Hey there everyone! I was just curious where everyone who has an airplane seatbelt extender bought it from?! I looked on ebay, and I wasn't sure if that was the way to go or not. I am looking into Airtran and would rather have my own. Thanx guys!

2010: POR 7 days, 2011 split stay: POR 4 days CSR 7 days, 2012: CBR 12 days, 2013: POR 9 days, 2014: 12-14 days AoA???
Blackbeltdisneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: