Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-07-2010, 11:43 PM   #301
Brandi1leigh
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruiseBoundnKY View Post
It's pretty much been constance since Dec./Jan.

I have no idea how to tape it. I have tried ice and I have crocs, but not that kind. Will have to check into them.

Any other ideas?

Thanks, Karen
My mom swears by the taping method described by the other poster. She says it helps her immensely!
Brandi1leigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 07:09 PM   #302
Tink6666
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Hey guys! First of all I'm totally relieved to see that my flight down on Allegiant should go just fine.

But now, I'm concerned about my feet. I've been having horrible problems for almost a year with bone spurs/flat feet/plantar fascia. DH and I are just going down for a short trip. We're doing DTD one day, then MVMCP the next. Any ideas for dealing with my stupid feet? I've done all the usual stuff, PT, custom orthotics, new shoes, night splints, all kinds of medications. So I'm asking for any help or ideas.

Thanks a zillion in advance.

Karen
While at Disney, try getting an orange and put it in the freezer. Once it is frozen, roll you foot on it with pressure, it feels amazing after a long day of walking and really helps with the plantars fasciatis. I also have found that the shape ups keep my heels totally off the ground which helps alleviate the pain. Good luck!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-08-2010, 07:52 PM   #303
Tink6666
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KY*Figment View Post
My husband swears by Crocs & Sketchers. He gets the Sketchers in wide even though he doesn't have wide feet.

My Dh is pooh sized....(me too). He also has severe knee issues due to an injury while being a police officer, he wears sketchers shape ups and finds them to be very comfortable in the parks, he wears crocs for the pool and water areas.
Old 11-08-2010, 07:55 PM   #304
CruiseBoundnKY
DIS Veteran

Thanks everyone!! I think I'm going to try some of the fitness shoes. Got my fingers crossed.
Pop Century March 31 - April 7, 2012 Disney Dream Nov. 27 - Dec. 2; AKV Dec. 2 - 5 Dec. 5 - 8, 2010 Pop Century Nov. 28, - Dec. 6, 2009 Pop Century October 25, 2008 Disney Magic "Halloween on the High Seas" Alternate Western Double Dip May 5-12 2007 Disney Magic "Cinco Dis Mayo" Western Cruise May 2-4 2007 Disney ASMo May 2005 7-Days Sheraton Vistana Resorts Summer 1996 5-Days Can't remember where we stayed
CruiseBoundnKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 11:36 PM   #305
kevinkatia
Earning My Ears

I was in Overland donnor bag that fits very nice long straps that does not sit funny or rub the neck. You could look at this. I'm just trying to decide the shoes this time.
kevinkatia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 12:15 AM   #306
daraddg
DIS Veteran

Just found this post under Disney tips here in Dis...great deals on shoes in the clearance section! Found Keen sandals for $50!Plus plenty of other brands just got myself 2 pairs to put away til the summer for under $100 including shipping (didnt have any in the my kids sizes though mainly kids size 10...in Keen anyway) had to share
ONLINESHOES.COM
Old 11-15-2010, 09:50 AM   #307
Laurin612
Dole Whip virgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by A MK Family View Post
Hello,
I love this thread. I am pooh sized and will be even more so when we go to WDW in January as I will be 5 months pregnant with baby # 3. I am already were mat clothes so I am sure I will be huge by then.

I am worried about my feet swelling any recommendations to prevent or fix swollen feet?

Also any recommendations on plus size maternity wear?

Thanks!
JC Penney online has a great selection of plus sized maternity wear. I was wearing a 4X when I was pregnant with my son and was so thrilled to find nice maternity clothing in my size!

Try going back to the hotel at mid-day for a rest and put your feet up to keep swollen feet/ankles at bay. I had a huge problem with this when I was pregnant!
Laurin612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 09:29 PM   #308
h2oophelia
Mouseketeer

I am so happy to find this thread!!!

Do any of you have experience with Danskos at WDW?? I'll be at WDW in late January and I just ordered my first pair of Danskos (suggestion of my podiatrist). I'm concerned that they might be a little heavy to wear all day? I'll also have a pair of crocs.

Any other pooh sized Dansko wearers out there? TIA.

Me DD8

1984 - WDW-offsite
June 1991 - WDW-offsite
1993 - Disneyland
1995 - Disneyland
2000 - Disneyland
Jan 2011 - WDW-Caribbean Beach Resort
h2oophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 08:19 PM   #309
cmcinc
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by h2oophelia View Post

Do any of you have experience with Danskos at WDW?? I'll be at WDW in late January and I just ordered my first pair of Danskos (suggestion of my podiatrist). I'm concerned that they might be a little heavy to wear all day? I'll also have a pair of crocs.

I have worn Danskos (Professional Clog) in the park all day, you will be fine. Just make sure you have broken them in. At first they do seem heavy, but after a few days/weeks they are perfect.
Old 11-20-2010, 07:42 PM   #310
DisneyShannon
Mouseketeer

I use a backpack and I have no problems with that. Buy the medicated powder like gold bond or I buy the store brand for my thighs. I find the medicated powder works better for me.
DisneyShannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 08:09 PM   #311
newbydisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by h2oophelia View Post

There are many styles so not sure which you ordered..I wear Dansko dressy sandals..they are the best..I cannot say it often enough..there is no substitue for good shoes...if you cannot afford them shop the website(s) for clearance items...I just got some nice Danskos for $57.00..last years style but I do not care. I nearly ended up in the ER after a day at Epcot in what I thought were comfortable shoes..after some internet research and a trip to a real shoe store, where a real shoe expert fitted me for Brooks sneakers I have now learned my lesson. Our trip was nearly ruined from the terrible shin splints I had for almost 2 weeks after a rather hurried day at Epcot. DH really wanted to rent a wheelchair for the rest of our trip. Ice helped alot but only while it was being applied! I now only buy really good shoes..albeit somtimes last years colors.
BTW I am not exactly pooh sized but close ...close enough to be hard on my legs and feet so I am crusing this thread for tips!
newbydisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 10:18 PM   #312
daisy2
DIS Veteran

Love the thread had to subscribe!
Old 11-30-2010, 04:39 AM   #313
KY*Figment
DIS Veteran

Feet

Quote:
Hey guys! First of all I'm totally relieved to see that my flight down on Allegiant should go just fine.

But now, I'm concerned about my feet. I've been having horrible problems for almost a year with bone spurs/flat feet/plantar fascia. DH and I are just going down for a short trip. We're doing DTD one day, then MVMCP the next. Any ideas for dealing with my stupid feet? I've done all the usual stuff, PT, custom orthotics, new shoes, night splints, all kinds of medications. So I'm asking for any help or ideas.

Thanks a zillion in advance.

Karen
I use to have that problem but I saw a podiatrist and he made me shoe inserts. My insurance covered everything but the co-pay. I wear them to WDW on occassion but my feet are SO much better that I don't have to wear them that often. The last couple of trip to WDW I didn't even take them.
DD (9)
Kobe

9/2000 All Star Music, 9/2005 All Star Sports, 9/2006 Pop,
9/2007 Pop, 10/2008 CB, 5/2009 SSR, 10/2009 Vero & OKW, 6/10 AKV, 10/10 VWL, 4/11 BWV, 10/11 BLT, 4/12 HHI, 10/12 BLT, & 10/13 OKW
KY*Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 02:13 PM   #314
Angel16
Member of the 'Jambo! WildBunch'
Mouseketeer

Bump Bump Bump
Old 12-09-2010, 05:00 PM   #315
got2lovedisney
DIS Veteran

I wanted to add that I'm 5'2", 250lbs and bottom heavy. I only have trouble with the turnstiles getting onto the train at Main Street & Frontierland. The other trouble I have are the cars on Snow White and Winnie the Pooh. I can't remember right now but I think it's the front of the cars that have a little more "wiggle" room. Just look before you get to the cue.
As to shoes, I still haven't found the magic combination. I wear Nike Hot Shots, Nike strap runners and lately on the last day, Crocs with socks. If it's a short walk, like around the resort or to the food court, I might wear my Yellow Box flip flops. They're like walking on marshmellows! I just can't wear flip flops all day due to the way I walk and the lack of a back strap. I can avoid the blisters but the ache in my feet is bad by day 2, suffering by day 3 and horrible by day 4 and would be excrutiating on the last day if I didn't switch to the crocs. But I can't wear Crocs the whole time either as they start to rub...UGH!

I have an OT question. Where do you ladies with big woman calves buy boots? Even in high school, I always had trouble buying boots due to the size of my legs. Now that I'm double the size, I can't find any. Any suggestions?

PS Love this thread!!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: