Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-13-2010, 03:20 PM   #226
Silverbelle990
Mouseketeer

My husband and I are both Pooh sized...I am an 18 he is 5-9 300lbs. We just got back from the Worst Trip Every at Busch Gardens. He was too big in the shoulders to ever get the bar over...and I had to do everything with our son. I am not a good motion person, i have never even though to try Mission Space or will....but I told him at the end of the trip...

"This is why we will never go anywhere else but Disney ever again..they are Friendly!!!"

Sorry Disney for straying it wil NEVER happen again!!!
Old 08-13-2010, 06:28 PM   #227
Jey12
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by book_junkie View Post
I had the EXACT same experience with them... Ordered stuff that said was "in stock", then got an email saying almost all of it was backordered, and then stuff came a month or two later than I ordered it, and later than the original "backordered" date. I had tried canceling the order, but they said they couldn't do it because it was on 'backorder'. And then the clothes didn't fit or were way to see-through for work. Not trying them again.

I have had good success with Avenue and Torrid...
Yes I just called for the 3rd time and was told the same thing. They weren't even aware of the items that were placed on a longer backorder! Said the emails go out before their systems are updated. Seriously????? Just a word of warning to anyone placing an order through woman within I wouldn't. You are better off in my experience to just pay full price through lane bryant or some other store and actually get the merchandise you pay for in a decent time frame. So far my one and only order through woman within has been a headache, poor customer service, poor internet updating, and all I have to show for it are two pairs of yes comfy but white granny panties for the bargain price of $120. Now I get to go out and try and find summer cruise clothes when all of the stores in my area switched to fall and winter over a month ago. Yay.
Jey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-14-2010, 10:10 AM   #228
Ashton7
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jey12 View Post
Yes I just called for the 3rd time and was told the same thing. They weren't even aware of the items that were placed on a longer backorder! Said the emails go out before their systems are updated. Seriously????? Just a word of warning to anyone placing an order through woman within I wouldn't. You are better off in my experience to just pay full price through lane bryant or some other store and actually get the merchandise you pay for in a decent time frame. So far my one and only order through woman within has been a headache, poor customer service, poor internet updating, and all I have to show for it are two pairs of yes comfy but white granny panties for the bargain price of $120. Now I get to go out and try and find summer cruise clothes when all of the stores in my area switched to fall and winter over a month ago. Yay.
They are not supposed to charge your credit card until they actually SHIP your order. If they refuse to refund your money immediately and cancel your order you need to tell them you are going to contact your credit card company to do a chargeback. If they still won't give you the credit, follow thru with your credit card company to get your money back.
Old 08-14-2010, 07:15 PM   #229
Jey12
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashton7 View Post
They are not supposed to charge your credit card until they actually SHIP your order. If they refuse to refund your money immediately and cancel your order you need to tell them you are going to contact your credit card company to do a chargeback. If they still won't give you the credit, follow thru with your credit card company to get your money back.
They haven't actually charged my card for the non shipped items. The problem is all of the stores in my area are now selling sweaters and coats. Hardly attire for a bahama cruise. Because of their poor management I have less than a month to decide if I want to risk waiting on the items I have already ordered, or do a mass hunt for something else.

I guess as long as I have my new clean panties to wear my grandma will be happy though.
Jey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 07:41 PM   #230
burberryplaid
Addicted to SOARIN's Orange Scent
Has an affinity for cupcakes
There's nothing like leaving all your cares behind you and getting to be 6 years old all over again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicia080979 View Post
I was looking at Allears At Large reports about people getting stuck in intertubes! Our local waterpark has a normal size and larger size intertubes that float around the lazy river and you just grab which one you want. Does Disney only have one size intertube plus the doubles?

Anyone have experience and advice for the waterparks?
I was at Typhoon Lagoon in May and had no problems with innertubes. I didn't put it around me (probably could have) but kind of just layed on it & had no problems. I had an awesome time at Typhoon Lagoon & won't hesitate to go back. There were all sorts of people bigger than me there & all were having fun. I wouldn't worry at all about going!
Old 08-16-2010, 09:36 AM   #231
Greenepona
Stitch's Cuttlefish

This thread is amazing. My BF and I leave for our trip in 66 days and this thread has helped immensely. I am 5' 275, and he is 5'10 2xlt. We just went shopping for him at Casual Male XL Outlet yesterday and got some great deals.

My current dilemma is shoes...currently I don't have any park worthy shoes. I saw someone post about the Ahnu Benicia II? I would love to try those. they look comfortable, and cute. What kinds of socks do people wear with those? or can I wear none at all? Do your feet sweat?

We will be staying at FW for 5 nights

Thanks everyone for your great tips!
09/11 FW*10/10 FW*11/09 Off site*03/08 Off site*09/07 ASMU*05/06 DTD only*02/05 ASM*01/04 Off Site ('rents house in FL)*09/02 Off Site (time share)*08/98 FW*08/96 FW*08/94 FW*08/92 FW*08/90 FW*08/88 FW*08/86 FW

Me: DF:
Greenepona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 11:42 AM   #232
alicia080979
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by burberryplaid View Post
I was at Typhoon Lagoon in May and had no problems with innertubes. I didn't put it around me (probably could have) but kind of just layed on it & had no problems. I had an awesome time at Typhoon Lagoon & won't hesitate to go back. There were all sorts of people bigger than me there & all were having fun. I wouldn't worry at all about going!
Thank you so much...I was really starting to be anxious about the waterparks. I am hoping to get 20 more pounds off before we leave. I think I can, I think I can, I think I can!

June 2014-Quick trip for SWW then off to the beach!

September 2014-Beach Club Villas for 11 days of Magic!

Me DH DD (6mo) DS (16) Ellie :
alicia080979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 01:46 PM   #233
Greenepona
Stitch's Cuttlefish

I'm not sure if this should go here, but I am also in search of a good camp chair to use for my BF and I? The standard camp chairs dig into the backs of my thighs as I am short/poohsized. Any suggestions?
09/11 FW*10/10 FW*11/09 Off site*03/08 Off site*09/07 ASMU*05/06 DTD only*02/05 ASM*01/04 Off Site ('rents house in FL)*09/02 Off Site (time share)*08/98 FW*08/96 FW*08/94 FW*08/92 FW*08/90 FW*08/88 FW*08/86 FW

Me: DF:
Greenepona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 09:12 PM   #234
Angel16
Member of the 'Jambo! WildBunch'
Mouseketeer

Greenepona, I have purchased really great Camp chairs at Costco, they are there brand of camp items. Sorry don't remember the brand and we have loaned them to friends who are on vacation. The chairs have a foot rest and even recline. I don't remember the price, purchased them last year. They work great for my 6'4' DH and I am very comfortable in them at 5"5".

We even took them to the hospital when I had surgery last year. Much more comfortable then the hospital guest chairs. My DH was much happier with them, even napped in them.

OK everyone, we need more ideas for us all.

Angel16
Old 08-22-2010, 11:07 PM   #235
tlpbupu
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenepona View Post
I'm not sure if this should go here, but I am also in search of a good camp chair to use for my BF and I? The standard camp chairs dig into the backs of my thighs as I am short/poohsized. Any suggestions?
I got ours at Walmart this year. They are made by Coleman and are oversized and hold up to 350lbs. I love them. They are comfortable and feel very sturdy.

Tracy
tlpbupu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 01:05 AM   #236
Mickey'sMainMami
I love playing video games!!
I also love playing with my nephew's toys!

I have a question, last September hubby and I were at the world for 8 days. First day in the parks I started having problem with my feet. Specifically the bottoms of them. Throughout the day as the heat got hotter, I guess my feet started to sweat and started rubbing in my sneakers and they started to really get sore. I had come prepared and stopped in the ladies room and pulled my shoes and socks off and put some foot powder and some moleskin where some really sore areas were and hoped it would help. Well it didn't. They just got worse and worse. The rubbing began to feel like a burning on the soles. It is weird, because I am pretty much on my feet for 6-8hrs per day with work and never had this problem. The last few times we went it didn't happen either. I was wondering if it could have been the different sneaker brand I bought coupled with the god awful heat and humidity? I have no idea, but I tried switching to my flip flops the next day and that didn't help. I am so worried about it happening again on future trips because it really made it bad for me. How come this doesn't seem to happen any other time? Does anyone else have this problem, and if so, what do you use? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Me- my cat Tigger my dog Bubba

Mickey'sMainMami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 01:14 AM   #237
mrsksomeday
My Prince uses a power wheelchair!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey'sMainMami View Post
I have a question, last September hubby and I were at the world for 8 days. First day in the parks I started having problem with my feet. Specifically the bottoms of them. Throughout the day as the heat got hotter, I guess my feet started to sweat and started rubbing in my sneakers and they started to really get sore. I had come prepared and stopped in the ladies room and pulled my shoes and socks off and put some foot powder and some moleskin where some really sore areas were and hoped it would help. Well it didn't. They just got worse and worse. The rubbing began to feel like a burning on the soles. It is weird, because I am pretty much on my feet for 6-8hrs per day with work and never had this problem. The last few times we went it didn't happen either. I was wondering if it could have been the different sneaker brand I bought coupled with the god awful heat and humidity? I have no idea, but I tried switching to my flip flops the next day and that didn't help. I am so worried about it happening again on future trips because it really made it bad for me. How come this doesn't seem to happen any other time? Does anyone else have this problem, and if so, what do you use? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
I use moisture wicking socks and always apply Bodyglide to the bottoms of my feet every morning before heading to the parks. It helps with the rubbing .
mrsksomeday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 12:32 PM   #238
minandmick
Mouseketeer

Well, we are back from our trip and we did great on ALL the rides! Had a little trouble getting through some of the turnstyles, but overall I was really impressed at how comfortable we were! I couldn't do RNR at HS, but that is because I'm claustrophobic and panicked when the shoulder harness went over me.

The waist pack we bought from walmart worked great. my husband even carried it for awhile.

I will say that my husbands legs got really swollen and red. after three days we ended up in the urgent care clinic down the road from WDW. I think that three 10 hour days of pounding the pavement, sun and heat was just to much for him. My advice (if anyone wants it) is to take it slow, enjoy and take breaks often. It's not worth the pain (literally) and expense of having a medical issue. (He is now on an antibiotic, steroids and was on a diuretic).

Lots of pixie dust to those going and let us know how your trip goes!
minandmick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 12:33 PM   #239
minandmick
Mouseketeer

Oh, and I wore comfortable, sole supportive flip flops. My feet did great.
minandmick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 01:59 PM   #240
bsusanmb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey'sMainMami View Post
I also found that using Body Glide on my feet works wonders. I use it on the soles, sides and between my toes and that has stopped the blisters. I have worn crocs with socks and also sneakers with socks. This is the only thing that worked for me.

I also have an issue with Roman's, and the other Woman Within etc...why on earth do they have regular normal size people modeling those darn clothes???? I want to know what someone my size will look like. What looks good on a skinny person isn't going to look good on me. I had to return 6 bags of clothes to those places this week. and the sizing is so odd. I wear a 2x or a 20/24 at Lane Bryant. Not with these other companies...even a 1X is like a tent! The pants are made for someone with extreme edema of the legs or something and they fall down. I am no slim person. I am 5'4" and 235 pounds. I am just disgusted. Don't fashion designers know that we like to look good too? When I am dead and gone, there will be ALL Pooh sized clothes with the obesity epidemic. I was ahead of my time, as usual!

One other thing, I had plantar fasciitis and I wear only New Balance sneakers. I used to wear Birkinstock, but it seemed it got worse with them. I recently bought wide Birkenstocks with a soft insole/cusioned and once I broke them in...wow, how comfortable. I bought 2 pairs on QVC, one was on 4 easy payments...I love that. Just a thought.

bsusanmb is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: