Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-30-2010, 01:04 PM   #91
littlelovebug
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by __disneygirl View Post
OMG what adorable Disney stuff you've collected! I want ALL of it. I love posts like this. Ah, shopping.

Smart move on the retractable Sharpies by the way. I never thought of that but it will be totally easier for the characters!
My husband keeps asking me every time a package arrives, "How much have you been spending on ebay?" and I respond with, "Just a few bucks here and there."

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayMouse View Post
Oh, the joys of being Fast, Fun, and Friendly! But, I hope MNSSHP won't be to much for DD! I've heard they have zombies and the "undead" there, so hopefully she won't be too overwhelmed! I'm anxiously waiting to make ADR's and the likes, and wanted to know where you got your countdown clocks?
Oh yes, the joy! I was cringing earlier when I saw that my friend's facebook status was "OMG!!!! They are everywhere!!! Crazy crazy busy!!!" Guess it's going to be a long night, especially since we have a big visit tomorrow! Sigh...

I think there is something for everyone...after all, it is Disney, even at Halloween. I got my countdown clock from http://www.mickeypath.com/

Offsite 1984, 92 & 97, ASSports 2001, WL *Our Honeymoon* September 2003, POR *Jilly's First Trip* May 2010, POR *Anniversary/Jax's First Trip* September 2013
A Tale As Old As Time - Sept '13 PTR
"Mommy, this time it's all of our first times." April 28-May 3 TR
Magic In the Bayou...April 28-May 3 PTR
littlelovebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 01:13 PM   #92
littlelovebug
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Oh what I wouldn't give to have my daughter young enough to buy princess stuff for again. Everything that you have is just so cute.

Do you still have the link to the thread that has instructions for making the tie-dyed Mickey shirt? Your shirt came out so good that I'm thinking about making one for myself. I'll have to leave off the glitter though 'cause my husband absolutely HATES glitter.
Here you go: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1210609

And you do mean "pixie dust" don't you???

Offsite 1984, 92 & 97, ASSports 2001, WL *Our Honeymoon* September 2003, POR *Jilly's First Trip* May 2010, POR *Anniversary/Jax's First Trip* September 2013
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-30-2010, 01:14 PM   #93
KayMouse
Mouseketeer

[FONT="Century Gothic"][COLOR="darkred"]Oh yes, the joy! I was cringing earlier when I saw that my friend's facebook status was "OMG!!!! They are everywhere!!! Crazy crazy busy!!!" Guess it's going to be a long night, especially since we have a big visit tomorrow! Sigh...

I think there is something for everyone...after all, it is Disney, even at Halloween.

Thanks, I finally figured it out! lol But yeah, don't we all love those visits that leave you doing EVERYTHING while TL's and LOD's do NOTHING! I go into work in a few hours for a closing shift in Softlines! I swear my day couldn't be better I'll just have to think great Disney thoughts while zoning

I was thinking of taking her to BBB then to CRT for dinner while the parade was happening, then afterwards let her do the whole trick or treating thing...hmm. I wonder how that will work out for me?

Oh, LOVE the mickey Mouse MP3 player. I will be getting one of those before I leave for work!

Me(23) DD (4)

Nov 1994 -*First Trip* Offsite
September 2012- First trip for Bailyn! Staying Offsite.
KayMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 01:25 PM   #94
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlelovebug View Post
Here you go: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1210609

And you do mean "pixie dust" don't you???
Thanks so much! And, yes, I mean to say "pixie dust". Just don't ask me what my husband calls it.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 07:56 PM   #95
Peter Pan Fan 22
Mouseketeer

Great Princess stuff! Girls are so fun to buy for!!

The tie dye shirt came out beautiful! The pixie dust just made it! (Sorry about your hands though, but that would totally be me too!)
Peter Pan Fan 22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 09:13 PM   #96
longing2Batdisney
DIS Veteran

Awesome Job! on both the shirts! love the snap idea to change the flower, bow, etc...
looks like Jilly scored with all the loot!
longing2Batdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 11:19 PM   #97
littlelovebug
Mouseketeer

Quote:
[FONT="Century Gothic"][COLOR="darkred"]Oh yes, the joy! I was cringing earlier when I saw that my friend's facebook status was "OMG!!!! They are everywhere!!! Crazy crazy busy!!!" Guess it's going to be a long night, especially since we have a big visit tomorrow! Sigh...

I think there is something for everyone...after all, it is Disney, even at Halloween.

Thanks, I finally figured it out! lol But yeah, don't we all love those visits that leave you doing EVERYTHING while TL's and LOD's do NOTHING!

Hey, that hurts! Since I am a TL and an LOD!!! We did a 33% increase over goal tonight and I worked my butt off for 9 hours! Seriously why do people have to unfold every shirt on every table? And where do all those missing bathing suit pieces go?
I go into work in a few hours for a closing shift in Softlines! I swear my day couldn't be better I'll just have to think great Disney thoughts while zoning

I don't just think Disney thoughts, I talk about them. My entire team knows the details of my itinerary!

I was thinking of taking her to BBB then to CRT for dinner while the parade was happening, then afterwards let her do the whole trick or treating thing...hmm. I wonder how that will work out for me?

That sounds like a lot of fun! Yes it will be a busy day, but schedule your appointment later in the day so you can go back to the resort for a nap first.

Oh, LOVE the mickey Mouse MP3 player. I will be getting one of those before I leave for work!
I know I want one for myself too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Pan Fan 22 View Post
Great Princess stuff! Girls are so fun to buy for!!

The tie dye shirt came out beautiful! The pixie dust just made it! (Sorry about your hands though, but that would totally be me too!)
Thanks! I'm getting all kinds of ideas for other ones...this could be a new addiction!

Quote:
Originally Posted by longing2Batdisney View Post
Awesome Job! on both the shirts! love the snap idea to change the flower, bow, etc...
looks like Jilly scored with all the loot!
She sure did! There are other things that I haven't posted pictures of yet, mostly clothes. Those are coming soon, I promise!

Old 03-31-2010, 06:10 AM   #98
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

Hi Jen! I'm finally all caught up! Your plans look great! Looks like our only overlap is possibly Saturday 5/1 at MK. Maybe we'll cross paths!

I love both the flower shirt & the tie dye! I like how you added the pixie dust!!

Great job on the birthday cake! I'm really impressed with how it came out.
DisMomAmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 06:59 AM   #99
mkandjpsmom
Earning My Ears

Hi,
I love reading your PTR. It gets me so excited for my trip. We will be there the same time as you. We are going 4/28-5/05 and we are also staying at POR. We went last year and now my older daughter wont stay any where else. The resort is beautiful!!! We loved 1900 park fare when we went last year. We are going again. We had 6 table service meals last time and it was my favorite. We liked it better than breakfast at the Castle. The food at 1900 is so good, and the characters are wonderful. My daughters fell inlove with Prince Charming! I look forward to reading more. It gets me excited about my trip!
Old 03-31-2010, 07:13 AM   #100
littlelovebug
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
Hi Jen! I'm finally all caught up! Your plans look great! Looks like our only overlap is possibly Saturday 5/1 at MK. Maybe we'll cross paths!

I love both the flower shirt & the tie dye! I like how you added the pixie dust!!

Great job on the birthday cake! I'm really impressed with how it came out.
Thanks for following along! I'm so glad you like all of my crafts! Maybe we'll bump into you at MK! I still need to buy something lime green...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkandjpsmom View Post
Hi,
I love reading your PTR. It gets me so excited for my trip. We will be there the same time as you. We are going 4/28-5/05 and we are also staying at POR. We went last year and now my older daughter wont stay any where else. The resort is beautiful!!! We loved 1900 park fare when we went last year. We are going again. We had 6 table service meals last time and it was my favorite. We liked it better than breakfast at the Castle. The food at 1900 is so good, and the characters are wonderful. My daughters fell inlove with Prince Charming! I look forward to reading more. It gets me excited about my trip!
Awww thanks! I'm glad you're enjoying it! Reading your comment just made me so excited to go to POR and 1900 Park Fare! Do you have a preference on buildings at POR? I'm thinking Alligator Bayou, building 14 or 18.

Old 03-31-2010, 09:17 AM   #101
KayMouse
Mouseketeer

So, then I take back that WHOLE TL/ LOD comment! Maybe it's just my store that is so horrible! We have 2 TL's and one LOD who are actually good. The rest are corrupt, I tell you! But in our itenerary, we have the naps all planned out since she's on such a specific schedule at home, so hopefully when we get to the World, she doesn't stray too much from that!

Me(23) DD (4)

Nov 1994 -*First Trip* Offsite
September 2012- First trip for Bailyn! Staying Offsite.
KayMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 10:42 PM   #102
mkandjpsmom
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Thanks for following along! I'm so glad you like all of my crafts! Maybe we'll bump into you at MK! I still need to buy something lime green...

Awww thanks! I'm glad you're enjoying it! Reading your comment just made me so excited to go to POR and 1900 Park Fare! Do you have a preference on buildings at POR? I'm thinking Alligator Bayou, building 14 or 18.
We actually stayed in Alligator bayou in Bldg 16. It was very nice. Not a bad walk to the food court and the main pool. Thare was also a short cut, at least thats what we called it, to a bus stop that was closer than the main stop at the check in bldg. My daughters loved the slide at ol'man island and we always saw bunnys on our way to the food court. I tried to go a little cheaper and sugested POP, but they were having no part of it. We never ate at Boatrights (sp?) but the food court was always good. My kids loved the Mickey shaped waffles. Enjoy you trip!
Old 03-31-2010, 10:57 PM   #103
littlelovebug
Mouseketeer

Quote:
So, then I take back that WHOLE TL/ LOD comment! Maybe it's just my store that is so horrible! We have 2 TL's and one LOD who are actually good. The rest are corrupt, I tell you! But in our itenerary, we have the naps all planned out since she's on such a specific schedule at home, so hopefully when we get to the World, she doesn't stray too much from that!
Okay thanks for the retraction... That's great that you guys can stick to a schedule. We have not been so lucky...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkandjpsmom View Post
We actually stayed in Alligator bayou in Bldg 16. It was very nice. Not a bad walk to the food court and the main pool. Thare was also a short cut, at least thats what we called it, to a bus stop that was closer than the main stop at the check in bldg. My daughters loved the slide at ol'man island and we always saw bunnys on our way to the food court. I tried to go a little cheaper and sugested POP, but they were having no part of it. We never ate at Boatrights (sp?) but the food court was always good. My kids loved the Mickey shaped waffles. Enjoy you trip!
This is great advice! I also suggested POP to my husband, but he wasn't too keen on the theming. I think we are going to love POR!

Old 03-31-2010, 11:09 PM   #104
littlelovebug
Mouseketeer

I just wanted to tell someone who won't roll their eyes that at this time in exactly four weeks I will be snuggled into my bed at POR while visions of Animal Kingdom rope drop ceremonies dance in my head!!

I've been telling people every time I look at the clock today, "At this time in exactly four weeks I will be...

...landing at the Orlando airport (approximately 10:00 AM while I was helping at the checklanes).

...checking into my resort (approximately 12:00 PM while I was in the office with one of my co-workers).

...touring Epcot (to anyone who would listen the rest of the day).

It's getting so real I can almost taste it!

It's supposed to be in the upper 70's for the next few days, and I am off work for four days!!!!!!! Wooo-hoooo!

I'm also considering getting a new Camry. Anyone have one? My DH decided he wants to sell his Dodge (see my first posting) and drive my Pilot so I can drive the new car. I'm supposed to be saving money since I booked our trip so I'm letting him think it's his decision... But who doesn't love that new car smell????

Well, I'll try to post some more pictures and trip details if I don't spend the next four days just sitting outside basking in the sun...

I hope everyone enjoys a wonderful holiday weekend with their nearest and dearest!!

Old 03-31-2010, 11:43 PM   #105
__disneygirl
well, all that's left now is the happy ending.

Quote:
I just wanted to tell someone who won't roll their eyes that at this time in exactly four weeks I will be snuggled into my bed at POR while visions of Animal Kingdom rope drop ceremonies dance in my head!!

I've been telling people every time I look at the clock today, "At this time in exactly four weeks I will be...

...landing at the Orlando airport (approximately 10:00 AM while I was helping at the checklanes).

...checking into my resort (approximately 12:00 PM while I was in the office with one of my co-workers).

...touring Epcot (to anyone who would listen the rest of the day).

It's getting so real I can almost taste it!
You're exactly like me! I have all the times when we are doing things logged in my head and I keep telling EVERYONE!!! I wish everyone was as enthusiastic as us about it... sigh. What a fun world that would be. It's coming so close for both of us!!
__disneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: