Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-29-2010, 09:52 PM   #76
lauren_elizabeth
Disney World Lover

Oh my goodness! Your shirts turned out perfect!!

lauren_elizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 10:05 PM   #77
littlelovebug
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcandbella View Post
Very good job! What did you use for the Pixie Dust? Looks great!
Thanks! I used a sponge applicator and brushed around my stencil with Tulip Fashion Glitter Bond (from Michael's) and then sprinkled on Tulip Fashion Glitter. You're supposed to wait 72 hours to wash it, so I'm really really hoping a lot of it sticks! I bought the assorted glitter, it has silver, white, black, teal, blue, and purple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauren_elizabeth View Post
Oh my goodness! Your shirts turned out perfect!!
Thanks! I can't stop smilling when I look at them. I love the opportunity to be crafty!

Offsite 1984, 92 & 97, ASSports 2001, WL *Our Honeymoon* September 2003, POR *Jilly's First Trip* May 2010, POR *Anniversary/Jax's First Trip* September 2013
A Tale As Old As Time - Sept '13 PTR
"Mommy, this time it's all of our first times." April 28-May 3 TR
Magic In the Bayou...April 28-May 3 PTR
littlelovebug is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-29-2010, 10:08 PM   #78
littlelovebug
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniferkeala808 View Post
wow!! great mickey tyedye shirt!! Can't forget the pixie dust!!
Pixie dust just makes everything better! I am one of those people that likes to put it in cards too... Last year Jilly had a Tinkerbell birthday party, and you could tell who was invited at work because they had pixie dust all over them. And yes, I did yell at them if they referred to it as glitter!

Offsite 1984, 92 & 97, ASSports 2001, WL *Our Honeymoon* September 2003, POR *Jilly's First Trip* May 2010, POR *Anniversary/Jax's First Trip* September 2013
Old 03-29-2010, 10:59 PM   #79
lauren_elizabeth
Disney World Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlelovebug View Post
Thanks! I can't stop smilling when I look at them. I love the opportunity to be crafty!
Did you use the Disboutiquers?

Old 03-30-2010, 07:27 AM   #80
littlelovebug
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Did you use the Disboutiquers?
I think I was reading someone else's PTR and saw that they did one. I googled "mickey tie dye" and the first hit was something from Creative DISigns. The thread had great step-by-step instructions with lots of pictures!

Old 03-30-2010, 07:43 AM   #81
lauren_elizabeth
Disney World Lover

Quote:
I think I was reading someone else's PTR and saw that they did one. I googled "mickey tie dye" and the first hit was something from Creative DISigns. The thread had great step-by-step instructions with lots of pictures!
Oh okay, thanks girl! I'm definitely going to have to give this a try!

Old 03-30-2010, 11:28 AM   #82
littlelovebug
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Oh okay, thanks girl! I'm definitely going to have to give this a try!
You really should! It was a lot of fun! But here's a tip...don't get so excited to start dying the shirt that you forget to put on gloves.

Last edited by littlelovebug; 03-30-2010 at 12:01 PM.
Old 03-30-2010, 11:56 AM   #83
martinolichfamily
DIS Veteran

That is super cute! Love the tie dye shirt, especially w/the pixie dust!!! Great job!
March 2007: 1st family vacation (off site) ~ July 2009: Fort Wilderness Cabin ~ July 2010: POP Century w/DxDP ~ April 2011:POP Century w/DP (Our 10 yr Anniversary Trip) ~ July 2012:1st Disneyland Trip(Desert Palms) ~ January 2013: offsite (DH & I) ~ July 2013: SS & AKL:Kidani (Brayden's 1st WDW Trip! & 1st DVC Trip!)~ November 2013: SS Treehouse & BC ~March 2014: Bonnet Creek (offsite) ~ June 2014: OKW
martinolichfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 11:58 AM   #84
littlelovebug
Mouseketeer

I thought I would post some of the Disney stuff I've been collecting for our trip:

First up is the autograph book. I had my aunt order the official "Walt Disney World Resort Princess Autograph Book and Photo Album" from the Disney Store with her employee discount, so it was 30% off!

I got the retractable Sharpies from ebay. I thought they would be easier for the characters to grasp, and I like the bright colors.

Next is the rhinestone tiara. My friend gave her this for her birthday, and I believe she got it from ebay. I probably won't bring this to Disney but I might get her pictures taken in her Cinderella dress wearing it (at a local studio).

The Tinkerbell necklace I found on ebay. I think it was $3.99 with S&H. I couldn't pass it up!

The next thing I am very very VERY excited about... It's a Mickey-shaped MP3 player with lanyard headphones! Again, an ebay purchase. It's 4GB and it was around $15 with S&H. I also ordered a package of 10 protective sleeves (assorted colors) for about $3.99 from a different seller.

Next is a set of Disney Princess combs for Jilly to bring to the BBB (since you have to bring your own). I actually ordered these off of ebay as well (about $5, new in package) but I let my sister give them to her for her birthday.

After that is a Princess lanyard wallet. I purchased it from a website (http://www.disneysmilesstore.com/shop/) and I think it was around $10 with S&H. Next to the lanyard is a toddler Tinkerbell pin that my friend found on ebay. She figured it would be a perfect compliment to the set of toddler Princess pins I ordered from ebay (about $15)!

And last there is a light-up Cinderella figurine from Target ($3?) and Cinderella sunglasses from Kroger ($4?). The doll is on a necklace, and I thought it would be really cute to wear during Spectro and Fantasmic!

She received the combs, Tinkerbell necklace, tiara, Cinderella glasses, and Tinkerbell pin as birthday gifts. The toddler Princess pins and Cinderella figurine will be in her Easter basket, along with a copy of the Disney Mania 7 CD (Target, on sale this week for $9.98). The autograph book, Sharpies, and MP3 player I am going to give her the night before our trip. Today I gave her a "Special Surprise" since she was a good listener at dance class. It was the Princess lanyard wallet:

Old 03-30-2010, 11:59 AM   #85
littlelovebug
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinolichfamily View Post
That is super cute! Love the tie dye shirt, especially w/the pixie dust!!! Great job!
Thanks! I'm so excited for her to wear it on our trip!

Old 03-30-2010, 12:16 PM   #86
KayMouse
Mouseketeer

Super cute stuff! I work at Target and we have all this great Disney stuff in One Spot! I've been reading your thread and have gotten so many tips from you! I am taking DD2 to WDW for her 3rd birthdya in October, and we are staying at POFQ, so tell me how it is! Great pre-planning!
KayMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 12:33 PM   #87
littlelovebug
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayMouse View Post
Super cute stuff! I work at Target and we have all this great Disney stuff in One Spot! I've been reading your thread and have gotten so many tips from you! I am taking DD2 to WDW for her 3rd birthdya in October, and we are staying at POFQ, so tell me how it is! Great pre-planning!
I work at Target too! Go us! I bet you're going to have so much fun! I would love to go to the MNSSHP!

Congrats on your first post! Thanks for stopping by my PTR!

Old 03-30-2010, 12:39 PM   #88
__disneygirl
well, all that's left now is the happy ending.

OMG what adorable Disney stuff you've collected! I want ALL of it. I love posts like this. Ah, shopping.

Smart move on the retractable Sharpies by the way. I never thought of that but it will be totally easier for the characters!
__disneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 12:53 PM   #89
KayMouse
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I work at Target too! Go us! I bet you're going to have so much fun! I would love to go to the MNSSHP!

Congrats on your first post! Thanks for stopping by my PTR!
Oh, the joys of being Fast, Fun, and Friendly! But, I hope MNSSHP won't be to much for DD! I've heard they have zombies and the "undead" there, so hopefully she won't be too overwhelmed! I'm anxiously waiting to make ADR's and the likes, and wanted to know where you got your countdown clocks?

Me(23) DD (4)

Nov 1994 -*First Trip* Offsite
September 2012- First trip for Bailyn! Staying Offsite.
KayMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 01:01 PM   #90
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Oh what I wouldn't give to have my daughter young enough to buy princess stuff for again. Everything that you have is just so cute.

Do you still have the link to the thread that has instructions for making the tie-dyed Mickey shirt? Your shirt came out so good that I'm thinking about making one for myself. I'll have to leave off the glitter though 'cause my husband absolutely HATES glitter.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: